ICC World Cup 2023: New Zealand (172/5) deliver a telling blow to Pakistan's semi-finals chances with a 5-wicket win over Sri Lanka (171)

If Sri Lanka start tempering the ball, and when they get caught and the umpires change the ball, they say how dare you call us cheats? Our dignity is above a cricket match.
And walk off

In such a scenario, do New Zealand win? And by how much?
I think New Zealand will just be given 2 points without any change in NRR

Then realistically we can beat England by 130 runs or chase it down in 33 overs to qualify for the semifinals InshAllah

Can't Sri Lanka do this as a favor to us? I mean we toured them in 1996 when other teams refused

so it looks like the two qualifying team in the CWC23 SL and Netherlands will miss CT. Shame we won’t see windies too. Despite how poor ODI team windies have become they add something different to icc tournament's.

If Sri Lanka start tempering the ball, and when they get caught and the umpires change the ball, they say how dare you call us cheats? Our dignity is above a cricket match.
And walk off

Then realistically we can beat England by 130 runs or chase it down in 33 overs to qualify for the semifinals InshAllah

Can't Sri Lanka do this as a favor to us? I mean we toured them in 1996 when other teams refused
bro just a cricket tournament calm down. its getting to your head

I think we would need to bat first and score 550 and bowl out England for 200 for Pakistan to get through.

Seems doable.

These Kiwis also know the equation… my hunch is, they allowed SRL to build the target to 170 level, because NRR is a funny calculation, based on weighted average rate. Chasing 170 in 25 overs actually is more beneficial than chasing 140 in 20.

In the NFL last year, one player got a heart attack on the pitch after a hit and they called off the game and distributed equal points to both sides. He later recovered

Just need some senior to pretend to have the same here too. Preferably Angelo Matthews. At this age and with desi diet , he's in the risk zone so wouldn't be unbelievable

Just 21 balls to go.

If India refuses to take part in CT that spot will go to the next team in the list.
The CT 2025 won't be held in Pak. BCCI will get it out of there. It will most likely be held in UAE/SL or BAN.

These Kiwis also know the equation… my hunch is, they allowed SRL to build the target to 170 level, because NRR is a funny calculation, based on weighted average rate. Chasing 170 in 25 overs actually is more beneficial than chasing 140 in 20.
Interesting these kiwis are very clever I won't rule out that too

Pakistan will have to bowl England out for a 100 and chase it inside 4 overs, states one of the commentators 😂😂😂

Are you sure about that?
I don't think Pakistan is beating Eng by 250-300 runs. Pakistan bowling is poor so Eng despite not being good right now, it seems far fetched.

Interesting . If you're right about that, then it's no wonder that these guys do so well in ICC tournaments.

Very meticulously planned side.

And walk off

POTW lmao

NZ is sweating for 170 here. Rest assured they will be tigers against India game. What a SF lineup. All bogey teams pitting against each other

If New Zealand chases in 25 overs:

- Pakistan will need to win by 335 runs.
- NO CHANCE if England opts to bat

If NZ chase this in below 25 overs..Pakistan should boycot match vs england....and simply pack the bag and go to lahore

Interesting . If you're right about that, then it's no wonder that these guys do so well in ICC tournaments.

Very meticulously planned side.
You see, their NRR sat +.2… now, you score 120 at 7 or 170 at 7, actually you are pulling 50 extra runs at higher rate - very little, but for PAK it’s probably 2 less overs or 10-12 extra runs.

You see, their NRR sat +.2… now, you score 120 at 7 or 170 at 7, actually you are pulling 50 extra runs at higher rate - very little, but for PAK it’s probably 2 less overs or 10-12 extra runs.
I was wondering why they wee struggling to get SL tail out. Looks like it was tactical.

Russell Arnold naming youngsta beauties as if they are all world beaters. This is the most sorry looking talentless Lankans I've ever seen. Mental midgets with not much talent. SL needs to gut the team.and rebuild it. Too many technical holes in that batting lineup. Can't change the techniques when they are 25

NZ had no no.1 ranked player. they were not ranked no.1 . They are going to semi final. Pak fans would hope Pakistan stop focusing on this ranking smacking.

I dont care how Kiwis win.

I am just curious if Babar has the balls to target 600 runs in ODI and try to bowl out England for 200 odd.

Or will he say we are looking for 300 and try to win last match.

That will define his legacy.

20 overs done. This game will have a result for sure. NZ are about 100 runs ahead of the par score

The way NRR works, you can get NRR down even if you win games. To up the NRR you gotta maintain the same level of victory margins or higher as you did earlier.

NZ had no no.1 ranked player. they were not ranked no.1 . They are going to semi final. Pak fans would hope Pakistan stop focusing on this ranking smacking.
Don't worry during this tournament pakistan fans learned that the hard way but we don't have the right person in board to make a decision so I have no hope if we ever going to improve as a team this unpredictable tag will always stay with us

NZ seem to do well mathematically and if Pakistan win against Eng it will be the second time we miss out semi final due to NRR despite being level points with NZ both times.

Now hopefully NZ can beat India in the semi final and then lose to Australia in the final. That's befitting to bring the quality of this WC to par.

I dont care how Kiwis win.

I am just curious if Babar has the balls to target 600 runs in ODI and try to bowl out England for 200 odd.

Or will he say we are looking for 300 and try to win last match.

That will define his legacy.
First they should even try to score 400 lol

Pak can't always rely on other teams. Luck will not help you always.

bro just a cricket tournament calm down. its getting to your head
Bro its sarcasm

Took a dig at Inzimam and the 2006 oval test

Took a dig at how we promised them Presidential security and when we failed, were senselessly reminding them that we also toured in 1996 when other teams refused

NZ seem to do well mathematically and if Pakistan win against Eng it will be the second time we miss out semi final due to NRR despite being level points with NZ both times.

Yeah. Seems like it (if Pakistan beat England and reach 10 points).

Now hopefully NZ can beat India in the semi final and then lose to Australia in the final. That's befitting to bring the quality of this WC to par.

What makes you think we will beat England easily?

Our bowling is terrible.

So seeing as we are as good as out, who are we adopting as our team from now? I'm hoping NZ, seeing as they missed out last time and always play like gentlemen

Back