Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 1st Test - Day 4 | Karachi | 24/2/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very few people have the audacity to get to such a milestone through such a high risk shot.

the score reads..

555/5 ... amazing rare sight :)

Actually funny enough this match we have had 2-222, 3-333, 4-444 and now 5-555!!!

genghis81 said:
666-6 will be fine by me! Would like to see Arafat bat as well.
but that won't happen it'll be 666-5 and then 20 runs for younis to get his 401 and then he'll declare :D

Ranil Abeynaike told a great story about the 900 score SL made against India...Vinod Kambli was India's 12th man and got cramps from fielding and providing drinks :))) :)))

this test started on bad note for Pak and it seemed that SL had destroyed Pakistan's spirit with the huge score. To everyone surprise it is Pak who will be physically and mentally destrying SL if they are able to bat till lunch tomorrow. SL will be feeling the effect of this long time out in the field when they play the test 2. Having only 4 bowlers is hurting SL with such a long time in the field.

genghis81 said:
Actually funny enough this match we have had 2-222, 3-333, 4-444 and now 5-555!!!

If we continue the same trend tomorrow, and Yk remains unbeaten till the end.. we can have 6-666,7-777.8-888.9-999 :)

cricwiz said:
If we continue the same trend tomorrow, and Yk remains unbeaten till the end.. we can have 6-666,7-777.8-888.9-999 :)

ANd score Millions of runs :younis

We should bat the whole of 5th day as well and suck the life out of Lankans.

:yk

cricwiz said:
The only problem is no SL bowler has picked up more than 1 wicket, so don't know who they will go to next for a wicket. Maybe the wicketkeeper will have a go.

Kamran Akmal should occupy the crease more till the stumps

Quoting from cricinfo commentary:

Kevin Johnson: "We Aussies love Khan. He played for our state SA and scored a century. He is a role model for we budding cricketers. Our club in Adeliade shows his videos as his style is perfect and we are so happy that he made captain. Our best wishes are with him and his team."

cricwiz said:
Quoting from cricinfo commentary:

Kevin Johnson: "We Aussies love Khan. He played for our state SA and scored a century. He is a role model for we budding cricketers. Our club in Adeliade shows his videos as his style is perfect and we are so happy that he made captain. Our best wishes are with him and his team."
Nice compliment!

They need to keep batting and drain the life out of sri lanka

Inshallah younis will go on to break Laras 400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needs support from the tail

Then stick in Sri Lanka for an hr Get some moral boosting wickets

This is the highest score ever against SL. Another record for Younis!

YK looking tired. Akmal should take most of the strike for today.

Dodgy SL ... trying to force Steve Davis to give someone out ... massaging his fingers ... LOL!

McBoom said:
YK looking tired. Akmal should take most of the strike for today.
Yes and he should go for the big hits, the match is saved now!

Better turnout for the crowd today, people have come to see Younis, hopefully more will come to see something greater tommorow. Younis hugging the groundsman. :D

I really hope he gets the 401 or at least 350 man I reallly like his personality

why the hell do you need to interview him in English after these kinds of innings.

Anyways, funny about how is brother told him not to play reverse sweep.

Younis made a 300 O_O Omg sweet. Never would've imagined seeing that. God what a player he is and wat a way to start out as captain. I hope every guy learns from this man. Hes played his innings with eaz and showed allot of skill and temperament. Now Please Younis go for that 400 : ) U fully deserve it now may Allah help you. You will not be only on op of the Pakistani batsmen that came and went . But will be on Top of Ever basme that is still playing today. I hope You Reach that. my Wishes ae with you. Best of luck MR. Captain .

lets see if we (PAKISTANI) can hold the record for highest single inning score in two formats of cricket or not
Saeed Anwar's 194
Younis Khan 401* (who knowz)

Deleted because answered my own question by youtube loll :p

Last edited:
itsmek1 said:
lets see if we (PAKISTANI) can hold the record for highest single inning score in two formats of cricket or not
Saeed Anwar's 194
Younis Khan 401* (who knowz)
Insh Allah Brother he will Allah Kare

YK is just amazing!! What a knock...and he's still going strong!! He's given us fans something to cheer about after the devastation by the Lankan batsmen!
I'm really praying now that he goes on to break Lara's record of 400 runs.. (Inshallah)

Boi said:
Ok Guys I have to go now!
Time for School LOL!

Inshallah Younis Khan will get a Triple Hundred and We will Avoid Follow on Easily! :) :D

Good Luck to Younis Khan and the Other Batsmen waiting to come in! (Hope they Dont have to)

Im going now So Salaam!

Thats what I said this Morning and thats what happened! Allah Tala Accepted the Dua alhamdulillah!!

Now its Time for the 400 and beat Lara's Record as we have no chance of winning this match!!

Boi said:
Thats what I said this Morning and thats what happened! Allah Tala Accepted the Dua alhamdulillah!!

Now its Time for the 400 and beat Lara's Record as we have no chance of winning this match!!QUOTE]

INSH ALLAH TALA.

Last edited:
It was a Another Great day for Pakistan and I said yesterday that today will be the Deciding day to tell us what the Result is going to be!!

Day 4 (Today) was all Pakistan! Younis Khan is batting extremely well and this Knock is likely to be the Match Saving knock!!

Inshallah Younis will break the Record tomorrow and Get a huge Lead!!! Declare just a Few overs before End of Day and give the Lankan batsmen Some Chin Music!!

Last edited:
Boi said:
It was a Another Great day for Pakistan and I said yesterday that today will be the Deciding day to tell us what the Result is going to be!!

Day 3 (Today) was all Pakistan! Younis Khan is batting extremely well and this Knock is likely to be the Match Saving knock!!

Inshallah Younis will break the Record tomorrow and Get a huge Lead!!! Declare just a Few overs before End of Day and give the Lankan batsmen Some Chin Music!!

day 4??? :yk seems you been enjoying the cricket so much you forgot the day

Immaculate innings by the captain Younis Khan, there is no way a winner can be decided with both teams still to play their 2nd innings and only a day left, so we could see Younis Khan inch his way to the 400 mark, inshAllah!!

Asalaam alikum wr wb Brothers;

WELL DONE SKIPPER YOUNIS KHAN !!! :yk :14:

hE REALLY HAS DONE US PAKISTANIS very proud ...i going off to watch the epic innings. I really hope with sincere dua that younis khan breaks tommorow brian lara's world record of the highest score 400 runs in an individual innings.

I believe younis khan had scored a few centuries as a makeshift/ acting captain when inzamam was injured and also perhaps when shoaib malik the official captains were off the field due to different injuries.

But this century his certainly is first as a official captain !. Know since this test match is buried as DRAW as far as result is concerned we need to make sure curator gets it right for the second test. I will talk about team selection in another thread.

For time being ...CELEBRATION for younis's MAGNIFICENT FEAT !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back