Pakistan reach 24/2 at Stumps on Day 1 of the 1st Test after Sri Lanka dismissed for 222

With slow nature of the pitches newer ball produced more wickets in Aus SL series. We could see a similar trend here

Naseem is not fit, why are they playing him? Looks lethargic and lackluster.

This has been the case with him for over a year now. At some point he needs to take charge of his career, work on his fitness and mature as a bowler. Shaheen has worked with almost similar bowling coaches, Naseem has worked with quite a few in domestic as well as international level, we cant always blame the management to be honest. Potential can only get you this far, after that you have to keep showing growth and improvement. Guys like Dahani, Arshad, Wasim etc are waiting in the wings.

Bouncer barrage/ short-ball strategy worked against Mendis

Now tail starts

7 down Naseem gets a wicket. I thought he is not fit?

Humidity, heat and not the optimal level of fitness was visible on his face in his very first spell. He is fit (As much as generally most fast bowlers are) but, he isn’t operating at his optimal I believe. Wicket would give encouragement

And 8th down. At this pace Chandimal is going to be left hanging there, he needs to get some quick runs to increase the first innings total

Last edited:
This has been the case with him for over a year now. At some point he needs to take charge of his career, work on his fitness and mature as a bowler. Shaheen has worked with almost similar bowling coaches, Naseem has worked with quite a few in domestic as well as international level, we cant always blame the management to be honest. Potential can only get you this far, after that you have to keep showing growth and improvement. Guys like Dahani, Arshad, Wasim etc are waiting in the wings.
He gets injured far too consistently, then struggles for rhythm. Bowled his heart out against Australia, looks a completely different bowler here.

Fitness levels are very poor, as compared to someone like Shaheen who is doing very well despite playing much more than Naseem.

He gets injured far too consistently, then struggles for rhythm. Bowled his heart out against Australia, looks a completely different bowler here.

Fitness levels are very poor, as compared to someone like Shaheen who is doing very well despite playing much more than Naseem.

Yes, needs to really improve his fitness to get a decent career in modern day cricket. All the top pacers from the last decade who are still going are in top athletic form. Shaheen, his own team mate and inspiration for young pacers is an example and is expected to have a long career.

Not sure about this stomach/cheat height body line strategy against Chandimal through Naseem. Either get it high or just bowl lengths

Time for Shaheen to try and get a fifer and finish the tail I believe if he is ready to go

200 will be too much especially with our non existent batting..who plays a test with just 4 proper batters

Poor stuff from Naseem, get him off before more damage is done.

After the fluke spell against Australia in the third Test, normal business resumes for Naseem. A horrible bowler and should be discarded from international cricket.

He has been rubbish since making his debut in 2019. This blue eyed treatment needs to stop now.

Pakistan is scraping at the bottom of the barrel in terms of fast bowling resources but surely, it can’t be that hard to find a better and more consistent pacer than him. He is a total liability.

Annoying partnership this which needs to be broken.

Pakistan always struggle to get out the last 2,3 wickets. They should not experiment much.

Lets get this inns wrapped up and then bat solidly in return.

We cant bat to save our lives..pathetic selection i still cant get my head around hasan and naseem both playing yet am i right in saying srilankans are only playing with 1 seamer!!

Very poor performance from SL with the bat at home conditions.

We cant bat to save our lives..pathetic selection i still cant get my head around hasan and naseem both playing yet am i right in saying srilankans are only playing with 1 seamer!!

That's right. 3 pacers wasn't a good selection but atleast they've combined to take 6/9 wickets here and given pakistan a definite advantage here.

Could've been a lot worse.

I am reading on Cricinfo that Pakistan are having slow over rate.

England and India have been penalized for slow over rates. So, Pakistan have to be careful.

That's right. 3 pacers wasn't a good selection but atleast they've combined to take 6/9 wickets here and given pakistan a definite advantage here.

Could've been a lot worse.
That is true no doubt but the real test will be when we are batting

Haris Rauf would have been another a lot better than this trundler Naseem

Combination of pitch easing out just a touch, ball getting older and slightly tired bowlers has made run making a bit easier now. Unfortunately, SL batsmen not good enough to handle the pace and bounce on offr with the new ball.

Naseem slow pace and no movement is a killer for a bowler.

Hope you realize this isn't a seamer's wicket. SL picked 1 seamer. For good reason.

There's no guarantee Haris would've bowled fast here. Cummins and even Starc was down on pace here.

Rouf was smashed in county this season.

Yasir is averaging over 30 for this game now. This is a spinners wicket. He should be doing better in fact.

Last edited:
From 133 for 8 to this when they have all spinners playing...not good what so evr

Hasan Ali being an idiot again

He dropped a catch in WI as well

Plan nearly worked, but Hasan Ali drops a catch which has become par for the course.

How many catches has Hasan Ali dropped since January, 2021? Pretty sure it has cost Pakistan a test series in West Indies, WT20 semifinal etc.

What garbage pace is this from Naseem? No point of this short ball tactic at this pedestrian pace

last 2 wickets could put on 100 here. 133/8 at one point

Babar is a really poor captain. Why only six overs for Nawaz. What is his love for fast bowlers. This also cost us the t20 world cup. Let Sri Lanka get away today.

Top effort from Srl’s tail from where they were.

Overall good effort by Pak bowlers as well. Pitch seems to have eased out after the initial moisture. Pak would need atleast 350 or more as they have to bat 4th here

If their tail can bat then so should ours but i see lots of spin here they obviously will be opening with spin as only playing one pacer

Yasir took his 2 wickets @ 33 a piece going over 3 rpo. That in favoured conditions, being the most experienced bowler as well.

Not impressed.

If their tail can bat then so should ours but i see lots of spin here they obviously will be opening with spin as only playing one pacer

Yeah. Should be a lot of spin from them.

Angelo bowls pace too. So, they have 2 pacers technically.

Need to score at good pace here. If they go into shell, they won't have many on board before they spin us into dust.

Back