Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 1st Test - Day 4 | Karachi | 24/2/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

minhasuz

Local Club Captain
Runs
The play starts in 5:48 hours. I know it is really early but I am desperate about :yk and :misbah . I hope :yk score 245 Insh Allah he will and :misbah scores atleast 150 Insh Allah he will

Why 245? Why not 250 or even 300? And why 150 why not 200 InshahAllah :)

Lets hope they both do really well tomorrow and the whole team InshahAllah

why not 401* ??? :))) .. I think he's saying 245 because that's what Younis said he wanted to get to beat Jayawardene's score of 240.

If Younis achieves that score then we should be safe.

Omar Malik said:
Why 245? Why not 250 or even 300? And why 150 why not 200 InshahAllah :)

Lets hope they both do really well tomorrow and the whole team InshahAllah
Insh Allah Allah Kare

kingusama92 said:
why not 401* ??? :))) .. I think he's saying 245 because that's what Younis said he wanted to get to beat Jayawardene's score of 240.

If Younis achieves that score then we should be safe.
loll yeaa

hope they bat the way they batted yesterday.. Younis will be the key here. He has to stay and spend time at the wicket. Hope and pray Pakistan battle it out today Inshallah

2 and a half hours left till the play begin Insh Allah :yk will score above 200 and :misbah above 150 Insh Allah

I think if we can get past the follow on, we will have saved the match. We should get to the follow on at about tea time.

genghis81 said:
I think if we can get past the follow on, we will have saved the match. We should get to the follow on at about tea time.

Absolutely... if we reach the follow on score we should be safe. Unless there is some dramatic change...

I said something similar for Younis before the start of play yesterday and it happened, so here I go again ....

If Misbah scores 179+ runs today his average will move over 50 for the first time in his career.

genghis81 said:
I said something similar for Younis before the start of play yesterday and it happened, so here I go again ....

If Misbah scores 179+ runs today his average will move over 50 for the first time in his career.

let's see if it works again...

Excellent batting yesterday by Younis, Malik, and Misbah. These 2 will have to get the majority of the runs to avoid the follow on. Inshallah they job will be completed by these 2.

the pitch has nothing
as much as i was happy to see Younis bat well, it was boring to watch

way too one-sided

We need to avoid the follow on. We cannot relax after yesterday's showing, we need to continue the good work. We can still lose this match if we mess up just once.

Savak said:
We need to avoid the follow on. We cannot relax after yesterday's showing, we need to continue the good work. We can still lose this match if we mess up just once.
I doubt Younis and Misbah are gonna relax out there,

Won't be awake to watch it today but best of luck to team pakistan. Time to start showing fighting spirit. Best of luck younis khan, may you become pakistan's greatest captain ever. Hopefully you'll score heaps of runs in the word of younis khan. Best of luck to Misbah, hope you cement you're place as one of the middle order batsman for the next five to six years. Best of luck to Faisal Iqbal, Its pointless to root against you since you represent team Pakistan. I hope you score a century and keep the run machine going. Last but not least best of luck to Akmal. you're place in the current squad has been questioned but you have saved pakistan with your battig countless times in test matches. Hopefully you won't need to save the match but a quickfire innings. Pakistan Zindabad

I hope Younis is able to bat out the whole day today
and in the process most probably cross 5000 runs needs 35 to get there
and cross Zaheer Abbaas to become the pakistan's Fifth highest test run scorer
needs 99 runs to reach 5064
I think he will also be the fastest to reach 5000 from pakistan
but I dont know how to use statsguru to find Muhammad Yousuf stats as he might be the only one that might have gotten there faster

Last edited:
Couch Cricketer said:
I hope Younis is able to bat out the whole day today
and in the process most probably cross 5000 runs needs 35 to get there
and cross Zaheer Abbaas to become the pakistan's Fifth highest test run scorer
needs 99 runs to reach 5064
I think he will also be the fastest to reach 5000 from pakistan
but I dont know how to use statsguru to find Muhammad Yousuf stats as he might be the only one that might have gotten there faster

In ODIs it's a tie between Saeed Anwar and Mohammad Yousuf at 138 matches to acheive 5000 runs....

and in Tests it's Javed Miandad with 68 matches for a Pakistani. Therefore Younis will absolutely cream his record... Younis in fact missed Sir Donald Bradman by 2 matches who got it in 56 matches. What a player Younis is...

Last edited:
Couch Cricketer said:
Yousuf took 65 test matches (107 innings), Younis will insha allah get to 50 this match in his 59th test match (107 innings).

kingusama92 said:
In ODIs it's a tie between Saeed Anwar and Mohammad Yousuf at 138 matches to acheive 5000 runs....

and in Tests it's Javed Miandad with 68 matches for a Pakistani. Therefore Younis will absolutely cream his record... Younis in fact missed Sir Donald Bradman by 2 matches who got it in 56 matches. What a player Younis is...
A very underrated batsman. we should have a thread for him.

It's astonishing to see that Younis Khan has excelled so quickly... Inshallah he will achieve the honour of getting 10000 runs before retiring. I definitely see him getting to the Pakistani record of Miandad's if he plays until the age of 36-37.

Inswinger said:
A very underrated batsman. we should have a thread for him.

Yup he's getting his due now, since he's performing like an actual beast :yk

kingusama92 said:

I actually found it Yousuf reacehed there in 65 matches so in terms of matches yousuf is ahead of Miandad
but behind by the number of innings

Last edited:
kingusama92 said:
It's astonishing to see that Younis Khan has excelled so quickly... Inshallah he will achieve the honour of getting 10000 runs before retiring. I definitely see him getting to the Pakistani record of Miandad's if he plays until the age of 36-37.

but i doubt it if he'll continue for so long..... in one of his interviews i read he was telling he's lookin to play for 2 more years...... which is surprising considering his fitness levels.....
however i'd lik to see him play for much longer then thet
a treat to watch.... sweeps, reverse sweeps n all dat :yk

adarsh_bang said:
but i doubt it if he'll continue for so long..... in one of his interviews i read he was telling he's lookin to play for 2 more years...... which is surprising considering his fitness levels.....

Absolutely, it would be sad to see him cut his career short like that. Although it does get hard on a player's body after so many years of cricket.

adarsh_bang said:

I think he will retire after the worldcup as I feel he is somenone who would want to retire at his peak at time when people ask why he retired
rather than people asking for him to be dropped

Good 150 from YK. He just needs to score another 200 runs and Pakistan should be safe.

another maiden ... 4 overs into the 4th day and only a run has been scored. Don't want to get bogged down, need to start looking at rotating the strike.

kingusama92 said:

Think you might find that is 56 innings for Bradman, he did not play 56 matches.

Inswinger said:
A skier by Mendis!!!!
He did one yesterday and was warned, and he has been warned again here. I know its not intentional, but isn't it two warnings and your out?

genghis81 said:
He did one yesterday and was warned, and he has been warned again here. I know its not intentional, but isn't it two warnings and your out?
Thats what Waqar was saying but I guess its not considered dangerous if it way over the head and the bowler is a spinner.

Couch Cricketer said:
I think he will retire after the worldcup as I feel he is somenone who would want to retire at his peak at time when people ask why he retired
rather than people asking for him to be dropped

exactly.... completely agree wit u der.... dat s exactly da kind of person he seems to be... self respect camradie and country honour above all els.... he's an asset of pakistan... alegend inda making..... :yk
heroic innings against lankans dis one

Inswinger said:
Thats what Waqar was saying but I guess its not considered dangerous if it way over the head and the bowler is a spinner.
Fair enough ... and he is only a spinner. Anyways 7 runs off his last over.

Both the batsmen playing every ball with a straight bat. No risks at all. Excellent batting.

Inswinger said:
Sounds more like Kanerai :)))

not much different i'd say.... but he's looked far more threatening den danny.... plus dont forget da mandatory loose delivery danny's got to bowl every over to release da pressure :)))

ppl believed m & m would wipe out pakistan on dis track... nothin of dat sort's happend... could i say good display of batting by younis's men??????or just a dead track???

10 overs into the day and Pakistan have put on 18 runs ... slow going, but importantly no wickets lost!

got to be watchfulll...... at da same time mustn't get bogged down and build unneccessary pressure.... cant have much hopes from da line up to follow

genghis81 said:
10 overs into the day and Pakistan have put on 18 runs ... slow going, but importantly no wickets lost!
Just trying to crawl closer to the required runs to avoid follow on.

Mendis to Younis Khan, FOUR, overpitched and gets the treatment, tossed up on middle, takes it on the full and smashes it back past the bowler

Younis Khan 162 runs from 307 balls, Did he have any double century in his Test Record?

Six by Misbah

Mendis to Misbah-ul-Haq, SIX, Misbah hits the first six of the match, flighted on middle and he gets under it to dismiss it over the long-on boundary

Kaustubbh said:
Younis Khan 162 runs from 307 balls, Did he have any double century in his Test Record?

267 vs us in bangalore... inzi's 100th test... i was der wen he played dat knock... was mindblowing

100 partnership from these two has come at 3 RPO, so its much better than the team run rate!

some positive commentary bowt younis captaincy. hes lost some weight apparently and trained hard. great to see captain setting good example on and off the field. insh allah it will continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back