Australia 156/4 as India fightback after hosts are being bowled out for a paltry 109 on Day 1

His followers still refuse to believe he is so badly finished in all formats.

He should retire and use his social media platform for Ronaldo PR. Seems to be doing more of that than scoring runs.

What kind of sadistic pleasure does Indian team derive by playing this kind of cricket. All for result oriented tracks but this is another side of extreme.

He isn't going anywhere for at least another year or so.

You guys are so screwed lol.

I thought we were bad with Kane but he's capable of scoring here and there. This dude doesn't do a thing lol and he's batting at 4. Zero excuses.

In ODIs if there's a bit there for bowlers early you're effectively 2 down early.

Those pitches are no where near as trash as these epic pitches.

And Sehwag plays spin better than all the players in the current teams by miles.

Even at turners sehwag played spin like a pro that too against someone in the likes of murali and peak mendis

Smith is a better captain than cummins

Its high time ausis should look for a change

Ashwin and Axar are more useful Test batsmen than Kohli these days.

I'm not even exaggerating.

Who is he keeping our of the team? Gill and Iyer?

I thought we were bad with Kane but he's capable of scoring here and there. This dude doesn't do a thing lol and he's batting at 4. Zero excuses.

In ODIs if there's a bit there for bowlers early you're effectively 2 down early.
Kane scored a gun century just 2 days back. As for Kohli, don't get me started.

His followers still refuse to believe he is so badly finished in all formats.

His followers now are apparently the corporates who don't want to see his brand-value going down! Most of his past fans have acknowledged that he has gone past it! Also his arrogance was never going to help him on people showing soft corner once he declined (Sachin on the other hand had at least 50% fans supporting in his tough times!)

That's so cringe from Kohli.
He really is. But I understand why, he's basically the Ronaldo equivalent of cricket. Extremely narcissistic, selfish and ego driven.

The man was so cringe in an interview where he was sitting next to AB and calling him Messi and saying Ronaldo is the GOAT and says he's sees himself more in Ronaldo (basically implying he thinks he's the GOAT and downplaying AB who he was trying to pretend to praise but essentially said he was better than AB). It was really awkward to watch. He comes off so fake and insincere.

He posts like one of those weirdo Ronaldo fan pages. Which I find funny given how bad he is these days against competent opposition.

Man legit started gassing up friendly goals 🤣

Last edited:
His followers now are apparently the corporates who don't want to see his brand-value going down! Most of his past fans have acknowledged that he has gone past it! Also his arrogance was never going to help him on people showing soft corner once he declined (Sachin on the other hand had at least 50% fans supporting in his tough times!)

Sachin at the backend of his career was still a beast. Remember him almost scoring 200 here in an ODI a while later he broke the 200 barrier.

Kohli in his early 30s has fallen off a cliff to the point the Pakistan captain publicly posted to support him because of the lack of runs.

Last edited:
FqHPVtBWYAEZ_5S

8.3 degrees of turn in rohit sharma's wicket.
6.8 degrees of turn in pujara's wicket

That is ridiculous

Just tuned in , what a disaster!
saw the fall of wickets, hitman, shreyas, jads played pathetic, vk could have done a lot better, the other three got gr8 deliveries.
When it turns big from 1st day 1st session, its pathetic....but then our wickets are hardly what you call sporting.
from here, we'll be luck to get 100.
going by what aus have been talking, i feel SS and labs are straining at the leash to smoke us out of this match.
7 wickets down for us in the first session, you bet the locals on this site who were missing i the first two tests will be out and buzzing :)

Last edited:
Who have India got for Pujara and Kohli?

India are not beating Aus in England with those two at 3 and 4.

Just tuned in , what a disaster!
saw the fall of wickets, hitman, shreyas, jads played pathetic, vk could have done a lot better, the other three got gr8 deliveries.
When it turns big from 1st day 1st session, its pathetic....but then our wickets are hardly what you call sporting.
from here, we'll be luck to get 100.
going by what aus have been talking, i feel SS and labs are straining at the leash to smoke us out of this match.
Aus have been knocked over in a session twice this series. You already have enough runs for them.

Who have India got for Pujara and Kohli?

India are not beating Aus in England with those two at 3 and 4.

Exactly why the WTC finals should be a 3 match affair played across SC conditions, Aus, eng/Nz conditions.
Imagine if the same was done in 2021, that would have been a truer test.

as expected, the obsession with kohli. he has been poor with bat for the last 3 years in tests. he is running out of rope and the tough indian pitches aren't helping.
but you seem to focus a lot more on him than the match. also your salt towards team india is well documented on this forum and with overall career into consideration, virat is miles better than kane who is the weakest amongst fab 4.

Aus have been knocked over in a session twice this series. You already have enough runs for them.

Doubt if lightning will strike thrice, I'd back the pitch to flatten out but even if it doesnt happen, i'd back Aus to really grind us out.

as expected, the obsession with kohli. he has been poor with bat for the last 3 years in tests. he is running out of rope and the tough indian pitches aren't helping.
but you seem to focus a lot more on him than the match. also your salt towards team india is well documented on this forum and with overall career into consideration, virat is miles better than kane who is the weakest amongst fab 4.

I wouldn't trade Kane for Kohli. Kane at least has an excuse for his decline and is still capable of contributing to the team. Kohli hasn't been good in half a decade.

Last I checked he averaged low 20s across formats for the last 3 years.

Last edited:
He really is. But I understand why, he's basically the Ronaldo equivalent of cricket. Extremely narcissistic, selfish and ego driven.

The man was so cringe in an interview where he was sitting next to AB and calling him Messi and saying Ronaldo is the GOAT and says he's sees himself more in Ronaldo (basically implying he thinks he's the GOAT and downplaying AB who he was trying to pretend to praise but essentially said he was better than AB). It was really awkward to watch. He comes off so fake and insincere.

He posts like one of those weirdo Ronaldo fan pages. Which I find funny given how bad he is these days against competent opposition.

Man legit started gassing up friendly goals ��
Everything about Kohli (both on and off field) is so cringe except for those 4-5 years when he was genuinely ATG material.

The discussion you are citing doesn't surprise me one bit. Kohli has always been I, me, myself. Just that previously he was scoring runs, for last 3 years he is not, he is a just a huge drag on team. And then he drops catches in plenty.

Last edited:
Everything about Kohli (both on and off field) is so cringe except for those 4-5 years when he was genuinely ATG material.

The discussion you are citing doesn't surprise me one bit. Kohli has always been I, me, myself. Just that previously he was scoring runs, for 3 years he is not, he is a just a huge drag on team. And then he drops catches in plenty.

Yeah, it was during that period he was scoring doubles for fun and was a sure fire Test great and clearly the best batsmen in the world.

I wouldn't trade Kane for Kohli. Kane at least has an excuse for his decline and is still capable of contributing to the team. Kohli hasn't been good in half a decade.

At least Kane doesn't drop bucketful of catches and apparently, can still score tons in tough conditions against great attacks.

Doubt if lightning will strike thrice, I'd back the pitch to flatten out but even if it doesnt happen, i'd back Aus to really grind us out.

Aus really should have gone on to win that second match. Completely messed it up with their approach.

Aus really should have gone on to win that second match. Completely messed it up with their approach.
I was flabbergasted to see their approach of sweeping everything under the sun.

They'll rue that morning session especially if they go on to lose this series.

The discussion you are citing doesn't surprise me one bit. Kohli has always been I, me, myself. Just that previously he was scoring runs, for last 3 years he is not, he is a just a huge drag on team. And then he drops catches in plenty.
Lmao your second paragraph sounds like Kohli's idol :ronaldo

Both pretty unlikeable but behavior was overlooked because of how good they were. Once the performances didn't match the tantrum, no one wanted him and then you're playing for Al Nassr in a meme league which is lower than third division European leagues.

Last edited:
I really hope we lose this. We need to pay for such pathetic pitches. India can beat aus with a typical spin pitch. Why do we always need to go for these Bunsen burners

I was flabbergasted to see their approach of sweeping everything under the sun.

They'll rue that morning session especially if they go on to lose this series.

I think you'll still win this, your lower order will get you to an decent total. Don't think this Aus team is any good in these conditions.

I really hope we lose this. We need to pay for such pathetic pitches. India can beat aus with a typical spin pitch. Why do we always need to go for these Bunsen burners

Fun to watch for neutrals tbh.

Lmao your second paragraph sounds like Kohli's idol :ronaldo

Both pretty unlikeable but behavior was overlooked because of how good they were. Once the performances didn't match the tantrum, no one wanted him and then you're playing for Al Nassr in a meme league which is lower than third division European leagues.
I don't know CR7 well enough, certainly not as much as I know Kohli.

But I refuse to believe that CR7 will be as much of a narcissist as Kohli has always been.

The best pitches i have seen in SC conditions were all three tests -India vs Sl in SL 2015, Dharmshala test vs Aus 2017 where i remember Matt wade was taking it around his ears even on 4th day.
There could be more, but all those wickets had pace, bounce on the first day-day and a half, good for batting for next 2.5 and spin on last 1.5 days.
the key was even bounce and good carry.
It had something for all trades of bowlers, the bounce meant the slipsmen and close in fielders were kept interested, the ball coming on made stroke players play well, made for compelling viewing.
Its so sad we have pitches turning profusely inthe first session itself.
If we can duplicate the above pitches in our FC scene, we can generate some good all kinds of bowlers, good batsmen who will be better prepared to play overseas and defo good slipsmen and good close in fielders-something we are severly lacking with Rahul D and now jinks departure.

Sachin at the backend of his career was still a beast. Remember him almost scoring 200 here in an ODI a while later he broke the 200 barrier.

Kohli in his early 30s has fallen off a cliff to the point the Pakistan captain publicly posted to support him because of the lack of runs.

Not fully true, there were calls to take retirement in ODIs as we got many emerging players (strong openers like Gambhir, Sehwag) and him preferring always to open did upset the team balance a bit for some period! Yes he did get back to form & grew strongly! But even he had to go through a short period of severe criticism! But he had more supporters in his case compared to what Kohli is getting now! This is what I am referring to!

I don't know CR7 well enough, certainly not as much as I know Kohli.

But I refuse to believe that CR7 will be as much of a narcissist as Kohli has always been.

Lmao Kohli does not compare. Ronaldo's own teammates don't like him. Just Google some of the stuff hes said or done. This man is someone who looks visibly upset when a teammate scores. He'd genuinely lose 3-2 with him scoring 2 than win without scoring. He's the biggest ego in the world by far.

Lmao Kohli does not compare. Ronaldo's own teammates don't like him. Just Google some of the stuff hes said or done. This man is someone who looks visibly upset when a teammate scores. He'd genuinely lose 3-2 with him scoring 2 than win without scoring. He's the biggest ego in the world by far.
Ok, I stand corrected then.

Kohli is a saint in comparison then. He'll never like his team to lose even though we are effectively playing with 10-men whenever he is playing.

Is the pitch a dustbowl from day 1? If so Aussies won’t make 40 !!

It's actually quite incredible that on one hand we talk about so much batting talent, which itself is exaggeration, but then players like Pujara and Kohli and Rahul are still in the team and not dropped when they all are averaging 30ish over a fairly long time period of 3-4 years/25-30 test matches.

lol who is offering you the trade in first place. i am not even a kohli fan and no, even the talk of trade would be looting india. kohli can retire today and kane can play for 2 more years and he still wouldn't end up equal to kohli.

we have made this comparison with stats a million times on this sub and you run away with excuses like kane doesn't get play more tests, he doesn't get to play longer series to get used to conditions etc.

not necessarily their approach was the only factor. Our guys showed good fighting spirit, especially the lower order and also twice whilst bowlign when we are against the wall, we came out firing. some credit where its due, m8 :)

It's actually quite incredible that on one hand we talk about so much batting talent, which itself is exaggeration, but then players like Pujara and Kohli and Rahul are still in the team and not dropped when they all are averaging 30ish over a fairly long time period of 3-4 years/25-30 test matches.

Who are they keeping out? Surely they can't be worse than those 3. That's like 40-60 runs between them most games lol.

not necessarily their approach was the only factor. Our guys showed good fighting spirit, especially the lower order and also twice whilst bowlign when we are against the wall, we came out firing. some credit where its due, m8 :)

Nah Aus more messed it up than anything. It's like our win yesterday, more to do with England not executing than us playing well enough to win.

Shastri just said Axar has played very well & assured.. he made 12 commentary has gone downhill.

We may still win this test match too! But India should get back those flat pitches (of 2010 to 2015 years). We need to groom batsmen to bat well in overseas conditions. Our traditional strength (batting) has gone down drastically. We need to groom the younger batsmen (like Gill, Iyer, etc) otherwise it will be a disaster on the longer run. Batsmen need confidence & form to keep growing...

We don't need these kind of pitches and these easy wins! I remember we were winning test matches even when opposition won the toss, batted first and scored 400+ in the 1st innings! We used to still win the matches with contributions from spinners, late order batsmen and even pacers picking wickets putting their efforts relentlessly! This was our proper legacy, this way we could have saved the embarrassment & accusation about doctored pitches! And more importantly it would have helped grooming our batsmen as I explained!

lol who is offering you the trade in first place. i am not even a kohli fan and no, even the talk of trade would be looting india. kohli can retire today and kane can play for 2 more years and he still wouldn't end up equal to kohli.

we have made this comparison with stats a million times on this sub and you run away with excuses like kane doesn't get play more tests, he doesn't get to play longer series to get used to conditions etc.

Doesn't Kane have better stats in tests

Australia should do calculated bazball + blocking and stretch batting post tea nearing to the end of the day somehow (get a sizeable lead like 100+) Then they can again put pressure on Indian Batsmen utilizing today's late overs and another morning session tomorrow. If they do this bit of chess work, then they can probably win this match!

India 109 AO - 6th lowest total in Tests whilst batting 1st at home

Mfb4NVq.png

And now we don't take a review which we should've taken against Labu!

Sheesh!

Labu is luckiest bat ever!

8.3 degrees of turn in rohit sharma's wicket.
6.8 degrees of turn in pujara's wicket

That is ridiculous

I was about to come online and ask why India got bowled out so cheaply, but here is the answer.

That is absolutely insane. Way over the top.

Two day Test coming up?

India out of reviews now - probably due to the turn

FqHprUiagAISCxM

Poor batting lineup will cost you a game every now and then. This will affect even more now with Pant's absence (he usually was a difference between teams in such matches! He was a huge psychological factor for both his team & opposition's team!)

This test match has Pune test 2017 written all over it.

Seems like Australia have got hold of this match! They did really well to put pressure on Indian Batsmen in the morning session. Once they broke through the opening pair, they found the task rather easy!

Axar has done nothing in this series so far in his primary role.

That's the problem when you don't have tough middle order batsmen to bail you out! You need a Laxman or Pant kind of game changers... Forget them India don't even have Dravid kind of No.3 or Sachin kind of No.4... With such weak batting lineup I am surprised at how the opposition teams are not planning properly to defeat India, this is a huge loophole to exploit!

Nah Aus more messed it up than anything. It's like our win yesterday, more to do with England not executing than us playing well enough to win.

Nope, disagreed on the NZ front as well. Brook should have never got that wicket with that ugly down the legside nothing delivery. That NZ run out was pathetic as well. I thot NZ batted with intensity only to let it slip at the end. When KW got out, another 10 runs and we wouldnt be saying this. NZ bowled with intensity for long spells and were at Eng at all times. i felt Eng were a tad overconfident come the follow on.
And our guys are showing the same over confidence here. not focussed enough. Hitman played like a millionaire, Shreyas and Jads pathetic shots. The others well-aus bowled beautifully.

yep, getting the vibes. Poona 2017 loading.... either labs, UK, SS or green are going to take us for big runs.
Maybe our guys oveconfidence will cost us this game. I'd still back our guys in Ahmd test, green wicket or not.

Who are they keeping out? Surely they can't be worse than those 3. That's like 40-60 runs between them most games lol.

So you should listen to our commentators on how they brainwash Indian fans through oxymoronic statements. 50% of the time they will talk about some massive batting talent in India, which exist more in their mind than on ground, and moment voices are raised about under performances, their quick retort is that it's not that anyone is knocking on the doors. One should read how the same argument was given for Dhoni by Bhogle and company. If u don't give chances to newcomers then how can u judge they aren't good enough to replace veterans, but our selectors and commentators do that all the time. Indian cricket team is basically a PR machinery, who makes them look good far beyond than what they actually are. But everyone is happily living in this make belief world so who's to question.

Last edited:
Poor batting lineup will cost you a game every now and then. This will affect even more now with Pant's absence (he usually was a difference between teams in such matches! He was a huge psychological factor for both his team & opposition's team!)
Your lower order (Pant, Ashwin and Axar) have been bailing you out often. Feels like you can count on them to score India's runs lol. Even when they're 4-5 down for not much, just know they're going to score and get India to a decent total more often than not.

Looks like the wicket was fine, just needed patience and application. India's bats have been terrible for a long time. Pujara = zero, Kohli = zero, Iyer = triple zero. Opener has been zero for a while with a consistent run of KL Rahul

How in the world does Kohli keep getting a free run in the test side is beyond me

Wowser, one bad day - look at the traffic.
You'd think our top order would make the world XI for the worst top order all time all formats all conditions.
In that context, i guess we still mix it well with all opposition all formats, we are a real threat to any opposition-no matter what the conditions, we are not too shabby on the rankings, if the 2021 WTC finals were a 3 tests finals played in all conditions we'd be a massive threat and lastly we still are in the hunt for making the finals.
Pity about the narrative and agenda some have....
But do agree, our top order has to contribute more.

How in the world does Kohli keep getting a free run in the test side is beyond me

Because he has good companions in the team (Pujara, Rahul... Rahane before)... He is making sure that his potential rivals are benched until his retirement perhaps!

Lol funny thing is Harbhajan in the commentary was saying : "Australians ki to ye ball dekh kr hi 2 wicket gir gayi hoti" when Kunhemann turned his first ball and after that ball the Indian Collapse started

Because he has good companions in the team (Pujara, Rahul... Rahane before)... He is making sure that his potential rivals are benched until his retirement perhaps!
Kohli has proved to be such a curse for our cricket except for those few years. Even in those years, we didn't win a single trophy! So there you go.

Back