PCB announce a 16-man squad for the 2-match away Test series against Sri Lanka

LMAO. At home to a team which has an awful record in the subcontinent.

IF that counts as competing for you, I'm happy for you.

Stop changing the original comment implied that Pakistan's would get beaten easily by team other than those that are below them, so I corrected him that only in last series against NZ Pakistan actually did not get beaten. Yes Pakistan should had performed a lot better at home, against NZ.

Not happy at all with the team selection. And why the heck we need to pick 16 players for 2 tests!!!!

Never mind, i hope Huraira plays.

Made up of mostly timid, limited and selfish players. I am disappointed.

There were better options but our think tank don't have the vision I am afraid.

That is qwite harsh isn't it? Haha

Imam and Shafique are excellent test bats, especially in Asian conditions.

The bowling unit looks good if Shaheen is fully fit and Ali finds his form from a couple seasons ago when he picked up 40 wickets. Naseem is a good 3rd option, with some decent spin bowling if the correct selection is made, imo that should be Abrar and then Nawaz as a spin bowling all rounder (I'd rather Shadab works back into the first class system and isn't lost to T20 cricket but it isn't possible atm).

Then of course Babar is one of the best bats going and Rizwan is excellent keeper bat, the best Pakistan have had in a couple of generations.

There is debate around the likes of Shan Masood but that's the whole point of a squad.

I'm not sure who else could be included at the moment?

Hope that hurraira gets his debut in the first match

Abdullah
Imam
Hurraira
Babar
Saud
Sarfraz
salman
Nawaz
Shaheen
Naseem
Abrar

The bowling unit looks good if Shaheen is fully fit and Ali finds his form from a couple seasons ago when he picked up 40 wickets. Naseem is a good 3rd option, with some decent spin bowling if the correct selection is made, imo that should be Abrar and then Nawaz as a spin bowling all rounder (I'd rather Shadab works back into the first class system and isn't lost to T20 cricket but it isn't possible atm).

Then of course Babar is one of the best bats going and Rizwan is excellent keeper bat, the best Pakistan have had in a couple of generations.

There is debate around the likes of Shan Masood but that's the whole point of a squad.

Jamal is a mind boggling selection. Shan has prove far too often that he is a failure.

Sarfaraz is done and dusted and it is high time we invest in M Harris.

M Nawaz is good for nothing and I would have picked somebody raw like Ihsanullah.

Iftikhar is quality and should have been there too.

Lol what reality is that?

If Imam is an excellent test bat, then I shudder to think what less than excellent bats look like. Guy is a nothing test player if the pitch has remotely anything, anything at all.

Shafique is a poor player of spin with awful sr. I'd take Abid Ali over him anyday anytime especially in spinning conditions.

Lol what reality is that?

If Imam is an excellent test bat, then I shudder to think what less than excellent bats look like. Guy is a nothing test player if the pitch has remotely anything, anything at all.

Shafique is a poor player of spin with awful sr. I'd take Abid Ali over him anyday anytime especially in spinning conditions.

Well I said Imam was excellent on Asian pitches...in Pakistan he averages about 63. In wider Asia it drops to 47 which is still a very good average with just 4 matches outside of Pakistan and there's definite room for him to grow. So a great pick for an Asian test series.

Well I said Imam was excellent on Asian pitches...in Pakistan he averages about 63. In wider Asia it drops to 47 which is still a very good average with just 4 matches outside of Pakistan and there's definite room for him to grow. So a great pick for an Asian test series.

Come on, you know what kind of metalled roads those were. He can only score on those. That's why I said he is basically useless if there is even a little something in the pitch. This guy got bounced out in UAE of all places.

Seen this guy bat in every test he played. Just the tiniest hint of movement, spin, bounce you name it he can't handle anything.

We are just wasting our time with Imam in tests.

Come on, you know what kind of metalled roads those were. He can only score on those. That's why I said he is basically useless if there is even a little something in the pitch. This guy got bounced out in UAE of all places.

Seen this guy bat in every test he played. Just the tiniest hint of movement, spin, bounce you name it he can't handle anything.

We are just wasting our time with Imam in tests.

So you want to drop someone averaging 60+ on these pitches without any justification?

Horses for courses my friend.

But we will have to agree to disagree it seems.

So you want to drop someone averaging 60+ on these pitches without any justification?

Horses for courses my friend.

But we will have to agree to disagree it seems.

Lulz. It's not "horses for courses" if you can only ever score on flattest of flat roads because anyone can.

Imam can neither handle pace/bounce nor movement nor spin. Thats it.

Anyway, not a fan of redundancy, so whatever.

Shahid Afridi speaking in an interaction:

"We developed a Test player; he fell ill, received treatment, and recovered. I'm talking about Abid Ali; where is that guy? I don't understand, and besides him, you have kept two left-arm spinners in the team. There was a leg-spinner named Zahid Mehmood; where is he?”

“The rest of the squad is fine, but our players get out of the team for a while due to injuries, and then they struggle to find a place again in the squad. In my opinion, Usman Salahuddin has played for Pakistan previously and had some great performances. Where is he? I mean, you give chances to completely new players, you don't give chances to the players you have invested in; they don't seem to be noticed,"

Shahid Afridi speaking in an interaction:

"We developed a Test player; he fell ill, received treatment, and recovered. I'm talking about Abid Ali; where is that guy? I don't understand, and besides him, you have kept two left-arm spinners in the team. There was a leg-spinner named Zahid Mehmood; where is he?”

“The rest of the squad is fine, but our players get out of the team for a while due to injuries, and then they struggle to find a place again in the squad. In my opinion, Usman Salahuddin has played for Pakistan previously and had some great performances. Where is he? I mean, you give chances to completely new players, you don't give chances to the players you have invested in; they don't seem to be noticed,"
Zahid Mehmood is crappiest leg spinner in the history of mankind. Abid Ali got ill and I don’t think he is the same anymore

Not sure what Afridi is smoking these days.

Back