Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 1st Test - Day 4 | Karachi | 24/2/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
both of these guys playing sensible cricket. i think if Pakistan is able to put some lead they even have a slight chance of wining this match.

Inswinger said:
Yes. I think against India.
He's got out in the 190s twice against India as well! Insha allah he'll get to his 200 today!

Good comeback from Mendis ... bowls a maiden after going for 12 runs last over.

Vaasy bowling his 7th over on the spot, been pretty good this morning, not giving anything away!

saqlain said:
both of these guys playing sensible cricket. i think if Pakistan is able to put some lead they even have a slight chance of wining this match.

I don't think so still Pakistan trailing by 316 runs and they are playing
@ 2.5 to 3.00 runrate.

This match is going toward's draw, its for sure!

Kaustubbh said:
I don't think so still Pakistan trailing by 316 runs and they are playing
@ 2.5 to 3.00 runrate.

This match is going toward's draw, its for sure!

U SURE ARE CAPTAIN OBVIOUS

The game is about moral victories now. If Pakistan can post a sizable score and then put pressure on SL on the last day then they will be many positives for the next game.

I think the best strategy of today's game is:

Not to lose any wicket till we reach the follow-on mark, even if that means going at the RR of 2.0.

Once we reach the follow-on mark, take the attack, go on 20-20 kill mode, and get every batsman to fire up, and get as close as possible to SL's total.
We bat to win, upto number 11, we attack aggressively, and score at 9-10 runs per over, and try to bat upto as much runs as we could.

Once, we're all out, preferably by today, 10-15 overs from the end of the day, and try bowling a disciplined line on a 5th day track and get SL out for as cheap as possible.

This is very possible if we keep that aggressive approach. We still shouldnt play for a draw, but for a win

Pakistan following the right strategy... although they are getting bogged down but essentially they are ensuring the time runs out of the match

prince_of_hell said:
I think the best strategy of today's game is:

Not to lose any wicket till we reach the follow-on mark, even if that means going at the RR of 2.0.

Once we reach the follow-on mark, take the attack, go on 20-20 kill mode, and get every batsman to fire up, and get as close as possible to SL's total.
We bat to win, upto number 11, we attack aggressively, and score at 9-10 runs per over, and try to bat upto as much runs as we could.

Once, we're all out, preferably by today, 10-15 overs from the end of the day, and try bowling a disciplined line on a 5th day track and get SL out for as cheap as possible.

This is very possible if we keep that aggressive approach. We still shouldnt play for a draw, but for a win

i think it is a good idea if u think bowt it because srilanka wont know whats hit them as theyll have attacking fields.

shafkath said:
i think it is a good idea if u think bowt it because srilanka wont know whats hit them as theyll have attacking fields.

We need to take this chance and prove that we are going for the kill, and win this moral victory. Even if lose all the rest of our wickets 60-70 runs short of Sri Lanka, we'll prove that no matter what, we're going for a win, and Sri Lanka will also be a little hesitant to declare in the second innings, fearing we may end up chasing it . :)

We win a moral victory.
We give more experience to our new bowlers.

Younis shows his intent of being an aggressive captain. Misbah should lead this on-slaught, followed by the other players playing around Younis.

It's a win - win situation.

I would be happier with them going at a better rate than they are. We still need to get past the follow on so runs are still important.

Anyways most important is not losing any wickets and these two have done well so far.

dilhara on to bowl. he can be dangerous but is very inconsisten hopefuly... expensive spell here to get pak going once again.

key is to bat all the way. dont bowl any more. we dont need no water, let these lankan bowlers burn . make them absorb all the heat so come next match they are nothing short of tomatoes

Big Daddy said:
key is to bat all the way. dont bowl any more. we dont need no water, let these lankan bowlers burn . make them absorb all the heat so come next match they are nothing short of tomatoes

This isn't the Australian , NZ or English team, they'll take in the sun pretty happily.

Big Daddy said:
I would like to have another chance to bowl to the Lankans too. Give Sohail a chance to go all out with no pressure on the result.

all those expecting another chance. this wicket is dead as the plumber who died during the great war

Glad this is a lively wicket I would hate to see a dead one :)))

Good fightback by Pakistan, they had everything to lose when they started batting.

And in comes the most prolific batsman in the world, the gem in the rough, the savior of test match cricket,

THE FAMOUS "BHANJA"

Now Davis gives an out. The one from Sohail was a ditto copy and was not give out.

Ahh well he hung around for 153 balls and was involved in a 130 run partnership, well batted Misbah! Now its upto Bhanja to continue on the good work.

Faithal jumping like a rabbit, hope he can stay till we avoid follow on.

Misbah was a bit lazy but it was a good inswing delivery.

Waseem said:
Faithal jumping like a rabbit, hope he can stay till we avoid follow on.

Misbah was a bit lazy but it was a good inswing delivery.

off cutter if I may say so

bhanja is a good player of spin and I think he should be able to play murli comfortably
but mendis is a diffrent kind of bowler he might give him problems
hope he tries to score some runs not just try to survive as
younis is close to 200 and will be more careful so the scoring rate will go down

Couch Cricketer said:
bhanja is a good player of spin and I think he should be able to play murli comfortably
but mendis is a diffrent kind of bowler he might give him problems
hope he tries to score some runs not just try to survive as
younis is close to 200 and will be more careful so the scoring rate will go down

Iqbal apparently says he does his homework on the opposition bowlers and watches them on TV alot. I am assuming he has done his homework on Mendis and should not face too many problems from him.

And Bhanja just in 22 Matches has scored a mammoth 897 Runs at an astounding average of 25.62..

Are we seeing another Bradman in the making..

Btw i dont think the Sri Lankans have the stamina, strength to enforce the follow on. Their bowlers must be dead tired by now and would love to get some rest before they bowl again. I hope Pakistan is able to bat on til tomorrow at Lunch.

Savak said:
Iqbal apparently says he does his homework on the opposition bowlers and watches them on TV alot. I am assuming he has done his homework on Mendis and should not face too many problems from him.

Is he watching "Hum sub Umeed say hain"

Believe in the power of the Bhanja.

Btw, Bhanja has a good record in Karachi - his maiden test hundred was on this ground!

TVN is perfect today and you can use the pakpassiontv page

MIG said:
TVN is perfect today and you can use the pakpassiontv page
m using it but there is something on it with red screen and with white letters live demo clip starting....
but no screen yesterday I was watchng it there can u fix it so I can watch it there again?

I have my baptism class soon. Will be leaving, but hope to watch Younis get a double ton and Bhanja a half ton by the time I come back :D

MIG said:
Believe in the power of the Bhanja.

Btw, Bhanja has a good record in Karachi - his maiden test hundred was on this ground!

What is the difference between Bhanja and government bonds?

The bonds mature. Eventually.

Close one for Bhanja!!

Big appeal but that missing Leg Sump!
367-4

Drive from Younis Khan into covers and they get three Runs!

Full toss from DilHara Bhanja Taps it straight back to Mid off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back