Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 1st Test - Day 4 | Karachi | 24/2/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice SIX ... straight down the ground ... and thats the 400 up!!! Nicely done Younis.

Edges and short leg missed out on catching Younis ... was a bit tough though.

should pak declare after avoiding hte follow on so they can get a resuklt?

Congrats to Younis Khan - not easy to score a double ton after the opposition has piled 644 runs and its your '1st' test as captain

Legend :yk :yk

No matter how much people said Malik doesn't deserve a palce in the side he played better than Misbah or Faisal
I am not talking about the runs scored but the way he played his shots and how comfortably he was playing mendis murli and the fast bowlers compared to Misbah and Faisal

Yar **** I really need to use a typing tutor and stop using mobile slang my written english was never this bad

Last edited:
hussein said:

How do you propose we get a result if we declare after avoiding the follow on?

We will still be 200 runs short

Geordie Ahmed said:
Congrats to Younis Khan - not easy to score a double ton after the opposition has piled 644 runs and its your '1st' test as captain

Legend :yk :yk

Not to mention, he has been out their the whole of yesterday, and half of today already. Very good effort under pressure!

Couch Cricketer said:
No matter how much people said Malik doesn't deserve a palce in the side he played better than Misbah or Faisal
I am not talking about the runs scored but the way he played his shots and how comfortably he was playing mendis murli and the fast bowlers compares to Misbah and Faisal

Yeah he was very comfortable, good partnership by him and YK BUT its a shame he had to get run out cos the way he was playing he could have gotten himself a big score

Couch Cricketer said:
I am not talking about the runs scored but the way he played his shots and how comfortably he was playing mendis murli and the fast bowlers compares to Misbah and Faisal
Misbah played them well. It was a good ball from Fernando that got him. As for Faisal, no one expected anything from him.
Malik though surely deserves his place in the side.

Islamabadi said:
asim kamal has to play the next game... i don't like bhanja wasting my time

Fawad Alam should be ahead in the pecking order BUT aslong as it means to Bhanja i aint too fussed

Geordie Ahmed said:
How do you propose we get a result if we declare after avoiding the follow on?

We will still be 200 runs short

yes and sri lankla would play fast, and delcare about 300 lead..

Couch Cricketer said:
I am not talking about the runs scored but the way he played his shots and how comfortably he was playing mendis murli and the fast bowlers compared to Misbah and Faisal

Yar **** I really need to use a typing tutor and stop using mobile slang my written english was never this bad

i like malik the player...hated malik the kuptaan

Couch Cricketer said:

Malik is no doubt a very good player and in good form right now. He is one of our top 3 batsman at the moment. Also, he didn't get out by lbw or bowled or caught. He got run out, which is unfortunate.

I havent been following the match, Is the pictch really dead or what?

So many runs?

Another 50 run partnership as well. Pak has had a lot of good partnerships, whereas SL just had one big one!

I think YK should start treating Faisal as a tailender and just keep him off of strike

gosh were still over 200 runs behind. Hope we dont get complacent we can still lose from here.

53 partnership. And look at how much banja has contributed, Faisal Iqbal 13; :))) :))) while Younis Khan 36

Noman said:
I havent been following the match, Is the pictch really dead or what?

So many runs?

what have u been watching....there is nothing in this for any kind of bowler...apart from fernando last spell where he was getting ball to reverse a lot

hussein said:

Well yeah but only one result is possible. And it is not a Pakistan win.

Younis asking why Bhanja didn't want to run the third there... fair enough he doesn't want to face Mendis!

Since result is not possible I would like Pak to give SL there own medicine and bat till they score 700 runs. Good free batting practice for all the batsman against the M&M

Waqar once again reiterating that he wanted YK as his VC when he was the captain under Tauqir Zia but YK refused.

iafzal said:
Since result is not possible I would like Pak to give SL there own medicine and bat till they score 700 runs. Good free batting practice for all the batsman against the M&M

that would be fun

Wow ... Bhanja just survived 4 balls form Mendis again ... maybe he's decoded him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back