Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 1st Test - Day 4 | Karachi | 24/2/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have done well to up the run rate these two (well mostly Younis). Run rate now up to 2.7 for the innings.

So thats tea ... no wickets lost in that session. Wow Bhanja survived a whole session!

pitch still a batting beauty .. with YK glued in and Akmal, Yaser and the much improved batting of Gul and kaneria to come we could bat out the rest of the match !

kashif77 said:
pitch still a batting beauty .. with YK glued in and Akmal, Yaser and the much improved batting of Gul and kaneria to come we could bat out the rest of the match !
yes we should only declare with around 2 hours to go to give Sohail another bowl, otherwise lets grind the sri Lankan bowlers into the ground for the next test match

Random Aussie said:

being honest. We learn nothing from this match. No changes

There are rumours the pitch was made so flat so the match could go all 5 days to maximize ad revenue.

What a knock from the captain! He has completely milked the M&M partenership and totally nulified their threat! I know the pitch is magnificent for batting but still credit has to go where it's due!

asifp said:
being honest. We learn nothing from this match. No changes

There are rumours the pitch was made so flat so the match could go all 5 days to maximize ad revenue.

You would have to be a really devoted fan to watch all of this match.

They could have made it a timeless Test, might still be going 2 weeks from now.

Random Aussie said:
You would have to be a really devoted fan to watch all of this match.

They could have made it a timeless Test, might still be going 2 weeks from now.

yep even guys like me who would stay up all night to watch games is not watching this match.

Why would a casual obsevrer tune in at all.

After such a long wait this is so disspointing

M&M have bowled more then 50 overs each...wow. If we bat all day tomorrow too, these guys would probably bowl as many overs as they have probably never bowled before consecutively...

On_the_up said:
yes we should only declare with around 2 hours to go to give Sohail another bowl, otherwise lets grind the sri Lankan bowlers into the ground for the next test match

i wonder if YK will keep going to 400 or declare at sometime ?

imo there's no point of declaring here .. if 400 is within sight he should go for it.

am I correct in thinking only 2 pakistanis are members of the 300 runs club, hanif and Inzi, inshallah YK is about to join them

Part-timers on from both ends. SL already starting to rest their bowlers, have given up!

SL helping Bhanja improve his stats with these part-timers! FOUR to Bhanja ... Reminding Waqar Younis of Uncle Miandad!

genghis81 said:
Part-timers on from both ends. SL already starting to rest their bowlers, have given up!
don't blame them, no point. don't want injuries or overtiring them. easy runs for YK and bhanja.

Pakistan should try and bat till close of day 5 and keep sri lanka in the field aslong as poss!

On_the_up said:
don't blame them, no point. don't want injuries or overtiring them. easy runs for YK and bhanja.
Yeah I know ... should be a great opportunity for these two to really up the ante then and hit out!

Perfect revenge by Pakistan for the 644. Make Sri Lanka bleed in the field in these conditions and drain them. Mahela tried to suck the runs up by placing fielders on the boundries but good to see Younis being equally good and in turn tiring the Sri Lankans.

bhanja is getting into territories from which Fawad Alam will find difficulty in getting into the 2nd test match.

Zeenix said:
This match is as dead as the pitch it is played on.

I wish they could call the last day off when it's a dead cert draw, nothing worse than seeing batsmen filling their boots with "soft runs"

Cricket's a funny game but not that funny that this game is gonna produce a result.

Muhammad said:
I wish they could call the last day off when it's a dead cert draw, nothing worse than seeing batsmen filling their boots with "soft runs"

Cricket's a funny game but not that funny that this game is gonna produce a result.

One feels sorry for the bowlers.. Toiling this hard without results.. There should be a penalty of sorts on the Board producing such kind of pitches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back