Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 3rd ODI | Lahore | 24/1/09 - SL Inns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poison

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Pakistan, possibly the most inconsistent side in the world, need to bounce back pretty hard to win this game. Murali pretty much pwned us in the last match.

I still think we can do it. Tanvir should be dropped for Sohail Khan, and Akhtar given one last chance to let rip. I think he'll bowl superbly.

My tip - Pakistan to win by 42 runs. Akhtar to get a 4 fer, and Afridi to get a ton, if he's put up the order. :afridi

I think batting first would be better for our team... because our bowlers can then bowl under lights... and we seem to bowl better under lights...

Da Best said:
woke up early to watch this match! its the weekend over here

I am pulling an all nighter for this match... they better win lol...

kingusama92 said:
I think batting first would be better for our team... because our bowlers can then bowl under lights... and we seem to bowl better under lights...

Well, if we win the toss, I hope Malik opts for batting because according to cricinfo, "In the last ten ODIs played in Lahore, the side winning the toss has opted to bat on seven occasions and won each time."

expecting a big knock from Younus and Butt sahab :)

checkers.llvllaster said:
Well, if we win the toss, I hope Malik opts for batting because according to cricinfo, "In the last ten ODIs played in Lahore, the side winning the toss has opted to bat on seven occasions and won each time."

Yup everything is suggesting towards choosing to bat first... although we should keep in mind that the last 10 ODIs here also consisted of us playing Bangladesh... although there were the early round games in the Asia Cup as well...

Assalam-o-alikum

Babu the Toilet cleaner at Gaddafi says that toilets are all well and working - looking forward to a great day...

btw, wrist slitter brigade better watch out - Migs on the prowl today - and I take no prisoners :)

MIG said:
Assalam-o-alikum

Babu the Toilet cleaner at Gaddafi says that toilets are all well and working - looking forward to a great day...

Walakum-salam to you MIG
yup lookin forrward to this one!!

kingusama92 said:
Yup everything is suggesting towards choosing to bat first... although we should keep in mind that the last 10 ODIs here also consisted of us playing Bangladesh... although there were the early round games in the Asia Cup as well...

Good point, I didn't think about that :)

ws Mig

I hope we bat first

PLEASE bat first

I really can't wait!

Not in the figure-of-speech sense, but I cannot wait any longer. My eyes are closing.

Ok I'm either sleeping or dying

batting first wil give the batters an edge because ths is a day-nighter

More likely the former, but I suppose the latter is statistically possible

MIG said:
Western or squat types?

A very good afternoon to people in Australia, Japan, and Singapore; a good morning to people in Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh; a good early morning to Ukers; and a good night to US Americans.

Good job MIG, absolutely zero tolerance for wrist slitters today.

DM said:
More likely the former, but I suppose the latter is statistically possible

Stay awake DM. You dont wanna miss it today.

Momo said:
Western or squat types?

A very good afternoon to people in Australia, Japan, and Singapore; a good morning to people in Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh; a good early morning to Ukers; and a good night to US Americans.
Good job MIG, absolutely zero tolerance for wrist slitters today.

It is not a good afternoon here. Its around 5pm, and still ridiculously hot (41 degrees!) :butt

Da Best said:
batting first wil give the batters an edge because ths is a day-nighter
Bowling first will give the batters an edge because this is a day-nighter.

There, corrected.

Poison said:
It is not a good afternoon here. Its around 5pm, and still ridiculously hot (41 degrees!) :butt
Australia is a ridiculous country. Why it's hot even in December January! :inzi

Momo said:
Australia is a ridiculous country. Why it's hot even in December January! :inzi

Better than Beijing - I went there twice, the first time there was 10 days in a row above 40 degrees.

The second time it was -12 degrees.

Daft place to build a city.

Da Best said:
Slightly sleepy MOMO!!
Oh I forgive you, Da Best. Lack of sleep can do that to one.

And to RA:
My vague plans of visiting Beijing in the not so near future have suddenly been rendered null and void because of the statistics provided by you.

Those wanting Tanvirs head will face my unrelenting wrath... He's my fav.

ok around 32 mins before the match!! should be annoucing the squad shortly!

Da Best said:
DM You Still awake because i can hardly keep my eyes open!!!
Love for a certain Meat-Panda Egg-Ox is keeping them open. Yes love.

But I am fading...

Da Best said:
DM You Still awake because i can hardly keep my eyes open!!!

same here... but when the match starts my eyes will shoot wide open and remain like that until the lunch break. Then I will have to resist the urge all over again and I don't know how I will handle it.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

It's Akhtar who is likely to be dropped but not Afridi. Relax DM

cleary some diffuclitties in me in trying to keep my eyes open like you said kingusama92
as soon as the amtch is on i wont complain about lack of sleepiness until the match is finished!

Da Best said:
cleary some diffuclitties in me in trying to keep my eyes open like you said kingusama92
as soon as the amtch is on i wont complain about lack of sleepiness until the match is finished!
And why should you complain about the lak of sleepiness? :inzi

Sorry DB, couldn't resisit.
:D

Now for a decent look at Sohail Khan.

Unusual move to drop both opening bowlers but hey this is Pakistan.

that sucks.. but at least we will get to see Sohail Khan bowl...

MalikMohsin said:
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

It's Akhtar who is likely to be dropped but not Afridi. Relax DM
But I want akhtar to play too!

To hit 155kph and kill their helmets, kill them to pieces.

Random Aussie said:
Unusual move to drop both opening bowlers but hey this is Pakistan.
Isn't Pakistan cricket team the most exciting team in the whole world of sport, RA?

Ah at least we'll see Sohail

cool.... i was the first person to post who was battin my lack of sleep not interferin with anything!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We're bowling 1st again

Ah poop, wont get to see that Afridi half-millenium today

Momo said:
Isn't Pakistan cricket team the most exciting team in the whole world of sport, RA?

They are probably the most interesting yeah. Nobody really knows how good they are or even what is the best XI players.

And who will be picked in the side from game to game. Plus the controversy every 2 days.

DM said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We're bowling 1st again

Ah poop, wont get to see that Afridi half-millenium today

No worries brother DM. Afridi will have his career-best bowling figures today.

Random Aussie said:
They are probably the most interesting yeah. Nobody really knows how good they are or even what is the best XI players.

And who will be picked in the side from game to game. Plus the controversy every 2 days.

They don't know themselves how good they are... :))

Da Best said:
so hows the pitch????

If you were to ask anyone in PCB or Malik, I'm sure the answer might be fast and bouncy, but if you were to make a simple guess, probably as flat as you have seen always :)

alrite guys thts it for me i have stayed awake whole night to see shoaib bowling. as he is not playing thts a shame bcz i think he should have been given atleast one more chance.
to expect from him to come into international cricket after 14 months and take 5 wickets each game or bowl 145k every delivery its unfair.

its only pakistan where heros are treated that way.

quoate from cricinfo ''It's a little overcast but the pitch is a good one for batting. There are a few cracks but a score of over 250-260 should be gettable.''

damn that oxx tv isn't working tonite...any other links tonite guys ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back