Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 3rd Test | Day 5 | Sharjah | 7/11/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow the rain really started there, totally unexpected.

Ppl were asking for an Eidyy from :misbah.... Lol.... Well, :misbah and co. must be loving this rain...

Misbah will be a very happy man.. Mehnet nahi karni pare gi :27:

Checked weather... It says there is 20% chance of rain and its there all day long today!

Current Weather in Sharjah

oneshotimage1.jpg

9.50 am Hello all to the final day of the series, and Eid Mubarak! We've seen everything in this series. Almost. The start of play is delayed by a drizzle. In the desert. Stay tuned for more updates. The covers are out there and the groundsmen are doing a mop-up job. Wonder if this is the first time they are doing something like this. Ramiz Raja, on air, is not too optimistic about the immediate prospects of play. What a shame on the last day of a series!

This is gutting for us fans, but perfect for Pakistan, who are on a 1-0 lead and better-placed in this match too.

"This is probably one of the innumerable comments rushing in expressing astonishment about the rain. It's a hilarious thing to happen too," says Eusha who is as amused as me. I lived in Dubai for about half a year, and I remember how dazed me and my colleagues were the first time we saw a drizzle there.

9.50 am Hello all to the final day of the series, and Eid Mubarak! We've seen everything in this series. Almost. The start of play is delayed by a drizzle. In the desert. Stay tuned for more updates. The covers are out there and the groundsmen are doing a mop-up job. Wonder if this is the first time they are doing something like this. Ramiz Raja, on air, is not too optimistic about the immediate prospects of play. What a shame on the last day of a series!

This is gutting for us fans, but perfect for Pakistan, who are on a 1-0 lead and better-placed in this match too.

"This is probably one of the innumerable comments rushing in expressing astonishment about the rain. It's a hilarious thing to happen too," says Eusha who is as amused as me. I lived in Dubai for about half a year, and I remember how dazed me and my colleagues were the first time we saw a drizzle there.

:))) :)))

Reminds me of that epic song played by the Pakistani band in SA..."startin in the desert"

Last edited:
10:10 local time: Live pictures show that it is still drizzling. The entire square has been covered and the ground-staff are trying to remove the excess water from the covers. It is looking pretty cloudy at the moment. Stay tuned for further updates..
Well, how will the sequence churn out then. Sri Lanka go into the final day with a lead of 237 runs and would have wanted to add 30 more runs before declaring. The rain has meant that those hopes might well be dashed. Sri Lanka will hope that it is not a sharp shower and play will resume as fast as possible..

[UTUBE]Nqb-1Lf4QX4[/UTUBE]

Came in November, came in November, came in November, cameinNovember!

Video should b in HD lolzz

Sing the song with us haaaaaaaaaay

I still can't believe those guys were actually serious?

:))) :)))

that video never gets old

Mohsin has played this song in dressing room of pakistan
:adnan

10.45 am Things are looking up a bit. Ramiz Raja and Tony Greig have tweeted that play is set to begin at 11.30 am, though it is still quite cloudy.

students were zero now they are the million hospitals were zero now they are the hundred :yk:yk:yk:yk:yk

All of sudden ball will start swinging and seaming ... Only Shafiq will be able to cope with it.

any updates on match , Radio Australia or someone else ?

10.50 am Scratch that. It has started raining again. Ramiz lets us know that the only other time game was delayed by rain was when Pakistan were playing England in the 80s. Of course, there was another famous storm that delayed play in an India-Aus ODI in 1998, but that was of the sandy variety.

So are there any chances of match to be continued or they should proceed to the ceremony :)).

Sri Lanka know that a 2-0 victory for Pakistan will mean a leapfrog in ratings.

They will take the lesser evil and settle for a draw

Doesn't seem like there will be play today. Just announce the Man of the series Sangakarra.

Sri Lanka know that a 2-0 victory for Pakistan will mean a leapfrog in ratings.

They will take the lesser evil and settle for a draw

They will lose it anyways co their next trip is an away series to south africa. So its either now or in a month time.

CRICINFO - Several of you writing in that SL should declare immediately, but at the moment even that is not going to help.

:)))

11.40 am I'm afraid there's no good news to report. It is still drizzling in Sharjah, and Pakistan's grip on the series is tightening by the minute. Several of you writing in that SL should declare immediately, but at the moment even that is not going to help.

Attachments

• 138847.jpg
    138847.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 83
I fear if Pakistan has to even bat 50 overs, then it might get tough.

Last edited:
Misbah will be a very happy man.. Mehnet nahi karni pare gi :27:

oh c'mon. now, im no misbah fan but ill give credit where it's due. u make it sound like he dsnt want to put in work, which is just not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back