Not open for further replies.

ShehryarK

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
2-pakistan_cricket_logo.png
vs
int@wic%29.gif

The waiting is finally over, ladies and gentlemen.

Around 30 minutes to go till the toss and the announcement of the teams.

Our prayers, best wishes and full support is behind Shahid Khan Afridi and the ten others with him.

It won't be easy, but great things never are.

Will we win today and achieve what we have failed to do in 1996, 2003 and 2007? Join us here so we can experience this epic day together... and Inshallah, celebrate together at the end of it too....!!

Last edited:
it wont be easy. but great things never are.. --- epic..

who said that .. is it you SK ?

it wont be easy. but great things never are.. --- epic..

who said that .. is it you SK ?
Not sure - probably I heard it, or I paraphrased whatever I heard sometime :)

Or maybe, just maybe... I just made it up, as with most of my "facts" :D

:ibutt

Last edited:
Not sure - probably I heard it, or I paraphrased whatever I heard sometime :)

Or maybe, just maybe... I just made it up, as with most of my "facts" :D

:ibutt

whatever the case.. its an epic quote .. on an epic day.. .SUITING ! :shafiq

I would have loved to stay home and watch the game but GCSE's coming up so can't be missing any lessons but I'll be keeping a eye on the scorecard though.

Insha'Allah Pakistan will defeat West Indies!!

Theo_14 said:
I would have loved to stay home and watch the game but GCSE's coming up so can't be missing any lessons but I'll be keeping a eye on the scorecard though.

Insha'Allah Pakistan will defeat West Indies!!

Come on yaar, it's a wc qfinal plus gcses are a piece of cake, what's missing a few lessons gonna do?

Come on yaar, it's a wc qfinal plus gcses are a piece of cake, what's missing a few lessons gonna do?

I would have said that 2 years ago - but trust me... Education comes before cricket ;-).

Not a few lessons, it's 5 lessons and all of them are related to the exams I'm doing soon, it's a shame I'll be missing the game.. But what can I do? :(

Until then....

Waqar Younis: "I am very happy. Beating Australia isn't easy but the boys stuck to the task. The boys worked really hard. We know where we came from in the last year or two. You got to be sensible with how you bowl. Umar Gul has been very sensible. Wahab might be little wayward but the whole bunch, if you take the bowling unit, we have done a super job. The tracks in Sri Lanka haven't been easy to bat; In India and Bangladesh it should get easier. All I am telling the boys is just to take one game at a time. One at a time. That's how we started the tournament and that's how we need to go forward."

Taken from CRICINFO scorecard.

I had a really bad dream WI made 375 and then I woke up

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Man I have butterflies in my stomach now. Excitement/Nervousness in the air.

'Ball will keep low in second innings, should bat first'

Wasim.

Theo bro, at least one of your teams will win something this year cos arsenal have no chance - haha

United! United!

Here we go then!

Ajmal
YK
Gul

^These are the 3 I am backing for this one!

Dhaka and Pakistan, take it away!

Pitch report: There is a bit of green grass on the wicket. There is some moisture, there are a few cracks and the team batting second may get some uneven bounce. It is a win the toss and bat first wicket, feels Wasim Akram.

I'm really hoping the Windies bowl Rampaul instead of Benn, who is going to be toothless against Pakistan. Rampaul has the goods to bother the top order.

Theo bro, at least one of your teams will win something this year cos arsenal have no chance - haha

United! United!

Let's not rule Arsenal out completely of the title race ;-) anyways back to the topic :))....
Pitch report by Wasim Akram: "There is green grass and hint of moisture but team will bat first. The ball will keep slow and low in the second innings. so win toss and bat first."

CRICINFO

Pitch report by Wasim Akram: "There is green grass and hint of moisture but team will bat first. The ball will keep slow and low in the second innings. so win toss and bat first." CRICINFO

West Indies win the toss, and Sammy acted as if he has won the game.

WI win the toss, and choose to bat - damn!

West indies won toss and batting first and the conditions are great for batting.

Oh yes were gonna hear azhars commenrs

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Razzaq probably batting up the order - Afridi.

No Rehman and Akhtar today and bringing Saeed ajmal. Afridi says Razzak might move up one position

Rampaul playing, good choice by the Windies. Now let us hope that they can put up a respectable score so that we have a close match.

It's ok, just win the tosses in the semi and the final. :afridi

I think Afridi just said that because Nicholas asked, Razzaq will probably only come up by one (ahead of Afridi).

Afridi: "Toss doesn't give any difference. We bowled first against Australia; we will carry on with the same attitude. All the boys know the importance of this competition. We are very positive and looking forward to this game. Rehman has done a great job so far but we are going in with Saaed Ajmal as they have couple of left-handers. I am going in with the same batting order; maybe Razzaq might go up the order. We are planning game by game. Alhamdullilah, we have done a great job so far."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back