Pakistan vs Hong Kong | Asia Cup | Karachi | 24/06/2008| Second innings

Finally Lawson gets his 150 run wish! lol

thank you pakistan for demoralising, annihilating, destroying Hongkong.

Dhonifan said:
Finally Lawson gets his 150 run wish! lol

thank you pakistan for demoralising, annihilating, destroying Hongkong.
and i cant wait for tommorrow when india will demoralise,annihilate and destroy Hong Kong!!!

was there a presenation ceremony/?? coz they went for a break on setanta sports1 and they said join us after the break but switched over to bangla's match

Muzy said:
was there a presenation ceremony/?? coz they went for a break on setanta sports1 and they said join us after the break but switched over to bangla's match
Yup, Tanvir was man of the match.

Ramiz tried to act like a smart-ass again by asking Malik if his shoulder was ok, even though he had said so before the match and then bowled 8 overs.

Pak not upto the mark..sorry the fielding is still the same.New ball bowling was absolutely hopeless once again..barring Tanno's yorker,not one of those deliveries would have fetched them wickets against a half-decent batting line-up.Batting,the lesser said the better.Lucky the lower order batsmen had good temperment.Sohail was impressive,he seems to have decent range of shots for someone playing as low as he does.Fawad,the 19 yr old,first 50 etc etc...while thats good,is not anything special.Even Tanno has a wider range of shots than him...thats something esp when you consider the fact that he is in the team as a "batting all rounder" and his bowling is even worse(worse than Malik).And he won't face easier attacks than this at international level.Bowlers serving pies at <125kph.

Ghoshtbuster said:
To be fair, the bowling wasnt bad. Especially the spinners, who kept things tight.

Yes Ghoshtbuster thats true,but they are likely to come up against better spinners.Although,the only thing i can think of that might have hampered him would be the playing surface(again something which i doubt)..So perhaps i'm drawing conclusions too early.But Sohail didn't have those problems.And the HK batsmen(with all their lack of ability)played a few good shots,which suggested the pitch was a pancake(agains dew might/might not have something to do with it).Anyway i'm waitiing to see if IND batsmen do any better.Then i'll be able to judge Fawad properly.

^agree with almost everything maamrut said.

Especially the new ball bowling was pathetic

Muzy said:
there wasnt any ceremony on setanta indeed....

Back