Pakistan vs India, Only ODI, Glasgow[Called off due to Rain]

the match should be called off there are many puddles of water in the ground

dangerous for players

1.05 pm local time The rain has stopped for the time being and the area around the pitch is being dried with blowers. The super sopper's in action over the covers while the PA's blasting bhangra tunes (much to the annoyance of Pakistani fans who sit idle in the stand while Indian counterparts have a blast).

The inspection is still at 2.00pm. The teams are back at the hotel for the time being. The delay is now due to a wet outfield, not rain.

my bro texted me, hes at the match and said they might play between 2 and 10

i dont think they will play 2pm-10pm... if they do.. then thats great news

Expect another 30 over match between the two and whoever wins the toss will have a distinct advantage over their opposition, I feel sorry for the fans who have travelled so far to see an anti-climatic match.

Get long evenings this time of the year, so even in London you could possibly play til 8.30 -9 at a push without any lights. In the "old days" many a time the Gillette final would end in near darkness around 9.

Wouldn't have thought they have lights - apart from those of the northern variety.

Oh man! This would have been the perfect day. A wonderful 50 over match between India and Pakistan!

Thanks rain!

But honestly, if I see ONE crushing yorker from Akhtar, it will be all worth it.

iZeeshan said:
Oh man! This would have been the perfect day. A wonderful 50 over match between India and Pakistan!

Thanks rain!

But honestly, if I see ONE crushing yorker from Akhtar, it will be all worth it.

the rain could always return and mess everything up :)))

P4K1 #1 said:
the rain could always return and mess everything up :)))
Battamiz! How can you laugh at at a time like this! Don't you know this is a very tense time for Pakistanis!?

UsmanCHADDA said:
How are you so certain Easa mere bhai?
I am hardly certain, therefore the use of the word 'might'.. I'm merely hoping and praying. :19:

A couple of sixes from Afridi , and a toe Crushing yorker (by shoaib ofcourse) which uproots Sachins middle stump is enough for me.

Precisely why did they allow the teams to return back to the hotel :20: I mean IF the conditions have improved and play is possible, there would be another delay for just getting the players onto the ground!

If they can play till 10 then 50 oves is a possibility. Do they have flod lights at glasgow?

iZeeshan said:
Battamiz! How can you laugh at at a time like this! Don't you know this is a very tense time for Pakistanis!?

lol if you don't laugh then you'll cry. It doesn't look good for any play. Luckily I didn't subscribe to Zee for this!

UsmanCHADDA said:
Precisely why did they allow the teams to return back to the hotel :20: I mean IF the conditions have improved and play is possible, there would be another delay for just getting the players onto the ground!

They were taking pictures with the royal family and stuff. Princes Charles I hear.

Chalo, at this stage a 20/20 is highly likely. But knowing these idiots, they will try to make it a 27-30 over game...and then reduce it.

But the pitch will be so terrible that hardy 120 runs will be scored.

Forget the pitch, when you can belt the ball out of the park. all you need is contact, and that's it.

Crucifier said:
Forget the pitch, when you can belt the ball out of the park. all you need is contact, and that's it.

...And getting contact on the ball from the word go on a damp pitch is difficult

If this game was organised for Thursday, the forecast is a lot better. Met Office says it will brighten up by 6pm. By then it'll be too late.

Well, as much as I await the inspection, I am afraid it may just bring us more delays.

God please help us!

its sunny again
now i hope the officials dont surprise us and say match abandoned due to wet outfield

I am actually starting to think that the match has already been called off, and it has been told to the players only. I mean, why would the team go back to the hotel?"

CBN live coverage started and theres still covers on and the grounds crew is at it drying the out field.

nah they always tell the tv crew and crowd etc aswell

Why can't these cricket players just be real men, like baseball players, and play in the rain!?

Disclaimer: I hate baseball.

this is why i love american football. Rain, Snow, hail, whatever. they play the full game.

On the positive note there are lots of pakistani fans ,all dressed in pakistani kits of all kinds and tons of flags.

Inswinger said:
this is why i love american football. Rain, Snow, hail, whatever. they play the full game.

same with football, soccer as americans calls it

Nothing from cricinfo yet, but I think that was the last straw! :6:

Nothing from Cricinfo...

I guess we'll find out in 10 minutes after the inspection

Amazing to see so much crowd even though the match never may happen..

usman_ash14 said:
people are dancing to the tunes

Only the indian fans - according to cricinfo

The pitch is being dried, the rain's stopped for now?

Very loud Narey Bazi between the 2 side , lots of taunting going on and it feels like a Mela.

i dont think they will abandon the match even if it is dangerous as they will feel the atmosphere of the crowd and go ahead

Back