Pakistan vs India, Only ODI, Glasgow[Called off due to Rain]

P4K1 #1 said:
thats just ****ed up.. ruined my whole day..
agreed. was looking forward to this fixture as there isn't one for a LONG time. now im gonna be crabby because im mad and ive only had 4.5 hour sleep!

Benson is the guy who gave someone out caught behind , and then called him back after he was halfway across the ground. So what do you expect from such a reject Umpire, who probably didn't want to officiate in such cold conditons? He's still getting payed, so might aswell go home right?

Hate people like him.

iZeeshan said:
agreed. was looking forward to this fixture as there isn't one for a LONG time. now im gonna be crabby because im mad and ive only had 4.5 hour sleep!
same here man i was to excited to watch this match and now this... and we don't have another match for some time now..

Plasma said:
same here man i was to excited to watch this match and now this... and we don't have another match for some time now..
I think the next is the tri-series between Kenya, Bangla, and Windies. We will finally feel what its like to own again.

Crucifier said:
Benson is the guy who gave someone out caught behind , and then called him back after he was halfway across the ground. So what do you expect from such a reject Umpire, who probably didn't want to officiate in such cold conditons? He's still getting payed, so might aswell go home right?

Hate people like him.

Some people just shock me. I can't believe people are blaming Benson, he is just doing his job. I have seen many umpires call off games with patchy outfields because you run a high risk of getting injured (and an even higher one with Shoaib!).

oh well, ill play the ps2 tonight, whats happened has happened

Amir said:
Some people just shock me. I can't believe people are blaming Benson, he is just doing his job. I have seen many umpires call off games with patchy outfields because you run a high risk of getting injured (and an even higher one with Shoaib!).

Everything could have been sorted in an hour or so. But some people are lazy, and really cant be bothered like Benson.

You guys are acting like kids.

Why should the players risk injury just so we can enjoy a solitary game of cricket, all be it, a charity game on top of that. I'm sure they wanted play as much as we did but it's obvious it wasn't going to work out. Why would they cancel it even if there was a small chance of play taking place?

Relax. I'd rather they not play then they play and injuries occuring, due to the series we have coming up, particularly @ home.

I had tickets for today through the ballot, but I didn't buy them due to potental weather problems. I feel entirely vindicated...

both Pakistan Matches were called off. Pak team had no point of comming to scotland

pakistani said:
both Pakistan Matches were called off. Pak team had no point of comming to scotland
Yea imagine the money wasted on tickets also! And the hotel!

O well look on the bright side. The playes will be able to brag about their great holiday in Scotland!

Shoaib Malik unbeaten in both games - cant ask for more than that!

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
O well look on the bright side. The playes will be able to brag about their great holiday in Scotland!

Yeah, I'm sure they'll be back just to experience the unique weather!

Yeah they are so stupppid! Why'd they call it off sooo early even if there was no possibility of play today!? Damnit, they should've made us wait another 5 hours before calling it offf.

LightSpeedGT said:
Yeah they are so stupppid! Why'd they call it off sooo early even if there was no possibility of play today!? Damnit, they should've made us wait another 5 hours before calling it offf.
yeah atleast i would have something to look forward too... Now im just bored. ::J

Feel sorry for those 5000 fans that travelled to the ground, they mentioned one guy coming from Karachi, did he not check the weather forecast before he flew so many thousands of miles for a rained out match..

I've been busy at work so havent been following the cricket (or rain) earlier on.
But readin thru this thread just now makes me laugh!

glad i didnt enter the ballot
glad i didnt buy any tickets
glad i didnt travel hundreds of miles to glasgow
glad i didnt order zee channels
glad i didnt book a day off work
glad the umpires didnt let the game go ahead if the ground is wet and the players could be injured
glad i am a part of pakpassion
glad it's almost time to go home

sad for the team cos they didnt get to play
sad for all the people who went to glasgow and saw nothing
sad for evry1 who had their hearts broken 2day

oh well...just another day of drama for Pakistan Cricket!!!

BAADSHAH said:
I've been busy at work so havent been following the cricket (or rain) earlier on.
But readin thru this thread just now makes me laugh!

glad i didnt enter the ballot
glad i didnt buy any tickets
glad i didnt travel hundreds of miles to glasgow
glad i didnt order zee channels
glad i didnt book a day off work
glad the umpires didnt let the game go ahead if the ground is wet and the players could be injured
glad i am a part of pakpassion
glad it's almost time to go home

sad for the team cos they didnt get to play
sad for all the people who went to glasgow and saw nothing
sad for evry1 who had their hearts broken 2day

oh well...just another day of drama for Pakistan Cricket!!!

So Baadshah is glaad and saad!

I'm happy we didn't even start a match on this absurd tour. 2 meaningless Odi's in a meaningless venue got exactly what it deserved. Hopefully the Pcb will learn not to allot pointless 1-days in the middle of nowhere. Purely a money-making gimmick and it got what it deserved. Now get back on the plane and come home. Apart from a joke of a 20-20 WC we finally have some serious stuff to look forward to: Test match cricket!

Well, that was a nice little sight-seeing trip to Scotland. Pretty much an extended holiday with a bit of cricket training. :D

How big does this thread wanna be?
344 posts without a ball being bowled.

Back