Pakistan vs India, Only ODI, Glasgow[Called off due to Rain]

Can someone fix the title? We are playing in Glasgow not Edinburgh! :D Thank you..

I hope the weather will held up and we get to watch a good match between Pakistan and india.

Inshallah, the weather will hold up. This weather site gives me good hope. Maybe a delayed start, and then no probs.

I am certain there will be rain. It remains to be seen how much it affects the game

Prolly in 15 minutes.

Its a real shame there is rain due today!

yep so much expectation!!! inshallah we still get a worthwile match

bad news start delayed pitch inspection at 2 pm!!!!
from cricinfo

Aaah! The weather BLOWs! The only Pakistan game of the summer, and it won't be complete.

Shahid A said:
bad news start delayed pitch inspection at 2 pm!!!!
from cricinfo
Wait, 2 pm Glasglow time? Thats in nearly 3 hours!

There won't be a toss!

Start delayed due to rain, inspection at 2:00pm

And what is this Inzi, you are on about?

Oh man. I think I am gonna go to sleep.

So the pitch inspection is at 2 pm, GLASGLOW time? And its 10:20 right now?

Oh man I am so crushed right now! It really sux that I have to go back to sleep and not watch.

Rain Bad news. It's raining out there. Inspection will be held at 2.00 pm local time

There you go.

2 pm local time means...um I am slow at this..3 hours and 35 minutes away

So it will now start at 9 AM US time?

yeah im going back to sleep.... still 4 hours till the start. bye guys...

Sun is out? But the pitch inpsection is at 2 pm, so that will stay.

Or will it? THier "super scopper" is "doing its work". Will the 2 pm inspection be on?

Its not gonna be that team.

Also, its good to hear that the rain has stopped. But they said that the ground is in terrible shape. So I guess the ptich inspection will stay on for 2 pm local time.

i guess it time to take a nap and keep the hope alive that there will be a match today.

If the rain has stopped, could the pitch inspection time change? Or will that continue to stay the same?

Because if i go to sleep, I don't to miss anything when it DOES start.

Apparently, Butt isn't playing..

Yasir Hameed
Imran Nazir
Younis Khan
Mohamamd Yousuf
Shoaib Malik*
Kamran Akmal+
Shahid Afridi
Abdul Razzaq
Rao Ifitkhar Anjum
Shoaib Akhtar
Mohammad Asif

I don't see how this could be the team - why would they leave Gul and Butt out? Anyways, maybe this is an oppurtunity for RAW to show his skills! :11:

We would be lucky to get a 20/20 today! The ground looks impossible to play on. It would take a super super sopper to wipe off that much water off the ground!

I highly doubt that cricinfo has given us the right team.

Inshallah the match will start right at the next inspection.

I am glad to see this line up on cricinfo. It looks like the team has been selected on merit and if that is the case then seems like players power has not been reduced. All the seniors have selected this team.

if the sun is out and they clean the out field up quicker, will the 2pm inspection still count or will they movie it forward

Thats what I am trying to find out because I want to go to sleep, but also not miss a thing!
I doubt it though.

inshallah man.. i want to know if the rain has stopped now and the outfield is wet then surely play can start early when cleared up??

hopefully we will have a match InshAllah and planetpakistan can you please come on msn i have to speak to you.

so whats the update, im at work experience and the manager says i can go home when the match starts.

ZM said:
so whats the update, im at work experience and the manager says i can go home when the match starts.
What a nice manager! :19:

I hope the umpires dont call off the match like they did against Scotland. The rain stopped then too, but the umpires abandoned the match for some reason

P4K1 #1 said:
fooked up ent it!

The ground is in no shape to play on right now. There are wet patches everywhere, and trust me they are quite big. It would take a while to soak it all off

A shortened match means Pakistan will hold the advantage as they've the right kind of players for that. In fact that explains the selection of Imran Nazir over Salman Butt, if the information is true.

Even if we do get a game in, it'll probably be an injury minefield.

Bad Weather Prevents Timely Start To India-Pakistan ODI In Glasgow – Umpires Inspection At 2 P.M.
Submitted by Sudhakar Shanbhag on Tue, 2007-07-03 10:23.

The start of the much-awaited India-Pakistan one-off one-dayer in Glasgow on Tuesday has been delayed by at least four hours due to bad weather.

Sportsjamaica.com said, the players have been confined to indoors and they are currently busy meeting His Royal Highness Prince of Wales.

Although the rain has reduced there are short spells of a bit of sunshine as well. But the ground conditions are terrible with small puddles here and there.

The groundsmen are doing their job very vigorously and they are trying there best to give the spectators as much play as possible.

The umpires have decided to take a look at 14:00 local time, which is 13:00 GMT and 18:30 IST.

Inswinger said:
Maybe they should have covered the whole ground with sponges

Maybe the ICC wil come up with that, at their next meeting. :p

If we get 30-35 overs a side, I'd be quite happy..

LOL i would be surprised as they never make good changes. I mean no-ball = free hit inODI? come on

i think expection will be done at 2pm scotland time, which will 1pm UK time i think?? inshallah we can get some play :(

UsmanCHADDA said:
How much more time now?

10 years

One thing which has really annoyed me. Both PTV and Ten Sports are suppose to be showing this match. It is raining.....ok, I don't expect them to show the live match when no match is going on. But both channels have switched their broadcasts. PTV is instead showing some drama and ten sports is showing motorcycle racing.

The least they could do is show highlights of some past match :12:

lol... and zee cinema are showing a bollywood movie which will finish till bout 4pm !!!

Just get on the plane and come home. What a waste of time and money.

ground officials make my blood boil with their total lack of understanding the concept of time... :12:

Salman said:
ground officials make my blood boil with their total lack of understanding the concept of time... :12:

what do you expect them to do yaar?

Play on a wet pitch so our players can get injured in a totally meaningless game?

''12.30 pm local time It's raining again. Faras Ghani, our man at the ground, reports that the players have gone back to the hotel. They still have not called off the game. So hang in there.''

Hash said:
what do you expect them to do yaar?

Play on a wet pitch so our players can get injured in a totally meaningless game?

What i mean is i have sat at a 20/20 match where there was only a little drizzle of rain, so it got delayed, then it takes them about an hour to decided, ok lets have an inspection, then it takes them another hour to decide, It's OK to play, then it takes them another hour to get their fat behinds out into the middle and allow the game to start/continue...

if they only get their finger out, they can save a lot more time and get things moving quickly..

Last edited:
Oh FFS !!! thats why they should have done the toss when it wasn't raining

Sheikh said:
''12.30 pm local time It's raining again. Faras Ghani, our man at the ground, reports that the players have gone back to the hotel. They still have not called off the game. So hang in there.''

Man what a waste ,i took one of my vacation day so i can watch the match, now my hard earn time is wasted for nothing :6: :6: :6:

Back