Pakistan vs Ireland | T20 WC Super8 | OVAL | 15/06/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

On_the_up

ODI Debutant
Runs
Around 2 hours to go.
Hoping it's a lot of fun and a smashing match. :yk

If I were in YK's shoes, other than smiling all the time :yk, I would put the Irish in, if winning the toss.

This is because Ireland are more likely to be bowled out cheaply trying to set a target than if they are chasing a lowish total if Pakistan happens to run into trouble (ala WC 2007)

I would like to bowl 1st too, just keeping the forecast in mind.

But if there is no chance of rain, then I would like to bat 1st.I have much more confidence in our bowlers than the batsmen at the moment.

I hope we annialate them, I really want to beat them so bad. When I think of Ireland, I think of nothing but the 2007 World Cup match against them.

fuzuk2007 said:
I hope we annialate them, I really want to beat them so bad. When I think of Ireland, I think of nothing but the 2007 World Cup match against them.

I think all of us here feel the same way, heres hoping that the rain stays away till the england match and then it can rain all it wants to :D

Bowling first is a must.

These are tough batting conditions and if Ireland get the ball first they might just rattle us with the new ball. Their opening bowlers are quite good.

Also D/L might come into play.

That's another reason to be chasing.

In between where is Saj Bhai? still no siugn of him today.

Afridi_Fan said:

I think he needs to go to work every now and then :p

kashif77 said:
Bowling first is a must.

These are tough batting conditions and if Ireland get the ball first they might just rattle us with the new ball. Their opening bowlers are quite good.

What you're saying holds for every team except Pakistan. We are absolutely abysmal while chasing under pressure. Even in the New Zealand game, if they had 25-30 more runs they would have been all over us when :malik fell

I really want to see some powerhouse of firepower in Pak team today! They've got to go ..all guns firing at the Irish. I want Pak to go with the intention of taking revenge, beat them by a HUGE margin and dedicate the victory to Late BOB WOOLMER.

GO PAK TEAM.. BEAT THEM BRUTALLY!!

Afridi_Fan said:

Saj is on his way to the stadium in the PP Helicopter.

Oxy is also on his way, beating the traffic in the PP Ducati. :)

Salman said:
Saj is on his way to the stadium in the PP Helicopter.

Oxy is also on his way, beating the traffic in the PP Ducati. :)
I was expecting a Vespa!

PAF said:
I Hope Pakistan is not getting over confident

The guys who played the 2007 match/were in the squad will make sure the others don't get over confident. I can assure you they'll be taking this match as seriously as they took the one against NZ

yup, definitely win the toss and ball,
the only way irish can cause an upset is by bowling us out cheaply,
i can't imagine them scoring mroe than 120 batting first against our bowling line up

Younus looking for 170+.

Same team as the one that thrashed NZ.

Come on Pakistan. InshaALLAH Pakistan win.

Pakistan Zindabad.

Well not what I was thinking but lets hope its a good choice of batting 1st.

Would have preferred to bowl first BUT still this gives us a chance to post and a big total and have them psychologically early on

Lets hope they take advantage of the powerplay

Bowling first is a bad idea.

Ireland have a very good pace attack .. well at least their first two bowlers are good.

We need to play them with respect and aim for a target of around 150.

Well that is quite surprising, on the other hand it also shows confidence

both knight and atherton saying they didnt expect nz to insinuate about match fixing...
sour grapes

Atherton backing Pakistan/Gul with regards to the ball tampering claims. Atherton saying whenever a Pakistani reverse swings the ball - an insinuation is made about ball tampering.
If it was anyone else - then no one else would say anything.

So true.

i prefer batting first. The boys feel too nervous whenever they are chasing.

D/L could end up giving the Irish an easy chase.

Really crazy decision bowling first !

I dont care abt D/L, I have faith in this bowling line up, they can stop Ireland from chasing down any total that is put up by our batsmen.

IMMY69 said:
both knight and atherton saying they didnt expect nz to insinuate about match fixing...
sour grapes

:13:

I never heard that - thought they were talking about ball tampering.

on the other hand if we were chasing we would have the constant pressure of making sure we're upto the DL par score at the end of each over, just in case the umpires pull the players off at any stage due to rain.

kashif77 said:

D/L always causes problem for the team batting second not batting first
and in a five over innings I would trust pak bowlers over batsman anyday

although I would have liked pak to bowl first as then it would have become 12-13 over games with us bowling them out quickly

Last edited:
Ward saying cloud cover at the Oval and asking if the ball will swing around. I hope not.

kashif77 said:

Whenever you decide at the toss... you decide on the basis that you will play a full game. Right when you start overthinking you get into trouble... just like Younis did in the game against England.

Not watching it but any Irish Indians about in the crowd?

Batting first might turn out to a bad idea if the weather takes the turn for the worst and the DL method come into play.Oh lets hope for the best and inshallah we will WIN, Ameen.

Some Pakistani fans singing along with the national anthem.

Nice to see.

One thing I noticed about Shazaib is that he goes pretty low to block a ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back