Pakistan vs New Zealand 1st T20I match abandoned due to rain in Rawalpindi

This is the reason cricket will never grow and alpha gen will mostly likely ignore cricket. I mean why are they waiting for rain to stop so that they can go for a toss, why don't they do it inside the room somewhere with camera's on?
Because it won't matter and don't worry. Time is not lost. Because they already account for it before the game actually starts.

UPDATE:

Here is some news to bring a smile to your face: The toss is scheduled for 7:30pm and we haven't lost any overs yet. The match will start at 8pm

Why doesn't cricket invest in coverable stadiums? So when it rains, the roof comes out. The Rogers Centre in Toronto does that and if this is done, there will be no cricket delays ever again. But I've never seen this idea before so there must be something wrong with it. Could someone explain

Why doesn't cricket invest in coverable stadiums? So when it rains, the roof comes out. The Rogers Centre in Toronto does that and if this is done, there will be no cricket delays ever again. But I've never seen this idea before so there must be something wrong with it. Could someone explain
Melbourne Docklands stadium has that, I think.

Why they have to wait another 30 min after rain stop? Doesn't make sense. Should be maximum 15 minutes.

Poor decision to bat first on a covered pitch , especially here where pitch has favoured chasing.

Oh dear. People used to make fun of Sarfraz's english, but Babar makes him look like Shakesepare

Can't do that bro babar's and rizwan's sixes will hit back in the ground

I would've went with 4 pacers. Also hopefully Shadab or Irfan Niazi bats above Iftikhar. No. 5 is too high of a position for Ifti

No Imad!!! Babar has lots of grudge against him and showing his power to leave him out.

Because it won't matter and don't worry. Time is not lost. Because they already account for it before the game actually starts.
No sir I am not talking about this game only. Toss is something which has already effected so many games in past. This thing I hope should be avoided in future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like imad will take international retirement again. The man was player of the final in PSL and can’t make it into the team.

Pak are batting first but what a nonsense team...in a 2020 you can not have such a long tail i am bemused. Why so many bowlers when chacha and saim can both bowl

No imad looool.
Don't worry dear friends he will get his chances they are trying some players as imad is already confirmed for world cup 11.

Was there any need to play 2 leggies?

Also, Babar and Rizwan over Fakhar in white ball cricket, lol ok.

Waqar just touched on the Imad omission, is that due to the so called rift with the captain as they not sure if injury related?

@Rana

Remember what I said Babar would play Russian roulette with fakhar and usman?

The imad being dropped I didn't expect.

That's what happened when Bias people like Babar is the captain. He has so much ego problem and looks like he didn't learn anything from Past. Such a selfish person.

We have enough spinners. Hope Chacha doesn’t bother and brag to Babar about getting an over! Hope Babar tells him concentrate on your batting which has been 🥚 interns

Middle order is extremely weak, Iftimania and Shadab?

Although Imad, not playing today, I do suspect he will get some games, if they are trying different combonations I am okay with it, But if he does not end up playing any games or only 1 its bad. Good see see Abrar and Irfan Khan getting a chance, also Fakhar is not playing thought he should have played today.

If They give everyone a fair and proper chance that is all that matters :)

No fakhar either. Was so shocked by imad exclusion didn’t notice. I didn’t expect irfan to play.

Babar isn’t treading lightly. This feels like it could create a war lol if this isn’t as a result of injuries.

Although Imad, not playing today, I do suspect he will get some games, if they are trying different combonations I am okay with it, But if he does not end up playing any games or only 1 its bad. Good see see Abrar and Irfan Khan getting a chance, also Fakhar is not playing thought he should have played today.

If They give everyone a fair and proper chance that is all that matters :)
Shadab really needs to show up here if he doesn't and imad doesn't get a game then that's just poor from babar

Irfan could have easily slotted in as 12th man for his fielding. Whats the need to play him with only 12 games as preperation? you know this guy will not be playing in the T20 world cup

Fully expect Pak to take all games in the last over & lose a couple along the way.

No ruthlessness in this team.

This Naqvi guy has lack personality and ever worse than Zaka. Even Babar doesn't listen to him. Such an unfit person to be chairman of PCB.

This is a horrible team, after three you have two untested batsmen, sandwiched between Ifti and Shadab. To win T20s you need to beef up your batting and some depth.

So guys, this is being shown on Willow TV HD.

Fantastic stream.

Shaheen
Amir
Naseem
Abrar
Shadab
Iftikhar
Saim

7 bowling options. Just pick 5 proper bowlers

Imad's going to play at least 3 games this series don't worry. It's a long series
I would have thought first game. A show that the team is once again united.

Babar is opening, imad not picked, fakhar out. Rizwan down to 3. This looks like a statement that Babar is in charge.

Tim robinson, the man who outhit Finn Allen in the Super Smash. Let's see how he fares! Unfortunately, won't have Haris Rauf's pies to feast on.

And now, rain.

Hahahah they Showed Tuktuk Chacha and it started raining. Just look how he brings bad luck to the team!

Back