Pakistan vs New Zealand 1st T20I match abandoned due to rain in Rawalpindi

Rain just pranked everyone.

Shaheen was on his mark to deliver the first ball. But rain came in sweeping to stop the play.

Maybe it was done to keep imad and Amir split up lol.

Last warning:

No personal remarks against any national player. Guys, criticize, but it should be constructive, not destructive.

The only constructive thing is I wonder if we have a match, if Babar and Rizwan will dare open?

They are trying to look cute however inside them they hate each other. Story of every pakistank
why so much nautanki - having said that Babar is a far more decent guy than showman Shaheen under the thumb of not so bright ball chewing pitch dancing rich Fin-Law Shahid :rolleyes:

Karan and Arjun

Jay and Viru

The number one Jodi. The jodi of the diaspora
so , would you like 2 play Gabbar in this story ? Mods : this IS a washout & we are trying to have fun ! Capiche !!!

Seeing them come out and stand for anthems was goosebumps.
No. It was farcical. And doesn't need to be done for each series needlessly. Someone tell this to the PCB fossils.

Stupid Chacha cried for his spot
Sometimes players step aside voluntarily to give younger talent a chance, but without concrete information, it's hard to say for sure. I don’t know what exactly happened in Imad’s case, but if I were Babar, I would force Imad to play this game even he offered to sit on the bench for a game or two.

Sometimes players step aside voluntarily to give younger talent a chance, but without concrete information, it's hard to say for sure. I don’t know what exactly happened in Imad’s case, but if I were Babar, I would force Imad to play this game even he offered to sit on the bench for a game or two.

Usually it’s the captain that leads by example, if Eoin Morgan was the captain of this team, he’d be sitting on the bench and carrying the drinks.

20:30 Local Time, 15:30 GMT, 21:00 IST: Proper rain now. Can see huge drops in front of the floodlights..

Well that's that.

I think I will sleep now.

The sad part is your favorites won't get a chance to score those superb 100s against NZ class C for at least 3 matches.
They are not his favourites, but he will defend them tooth and nail against blind haters. He wont defend Imad and Amir from haters though

he has ok power. Seems to have a really low backlift and can get some good hand speed. He does not seem as gifted as someone like Azam but maybe he can improve his game. Seems a dedicated and intelligent batter.
He is a natural athlete and gun gun fielder. His batting and power hitting will develop with more games.

Good to invest in this youngster.

It continues to bucket down and the ground is taking a beating. This situation does not look promising. No signs of mop-up operations and both players and ground staff are currently spectators.

1713455723789.png

Pakistan played their first eleven after tons of promises of rotation policy and turned out to be a washed out game. What a tragedy for a clown team

Well it’s know fact it’s rainy season in north of Pakistan . Who makes these dumb schedules ?

The sad part is you are hoping they don't get to play and it gets rained off.
I wouldn’t mind playing as long as these games don’t really have international status. They are not really international standard games. We have to be honest

Well it’s know fact it’s rainy season in north of Pakistan . Who makes these dumb schedules ?

Can't blame the PCB. Foreign players and Foreign teams love Islamabad and Pindi gives the best crowds. People in Karachi are not interested in Cricket and the PCB can't keep playing in front of empty crowds in Karachi.

Rain cover provided by PCB for Pindi crowd :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• A03ACC61-E57D-4918-A733-4BCA99199774.jpeg
    A03ACC61-E57D-4918-A733-4BCA99199774.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 6
If the aim of this game is to provide young players with exposure to international cricket, revive Fakhar Zaman's form, help Imad Wasim and Amir regain their footing in the international arena, and experiment with an aggressive opening combination of Saim, Fakhar and Usman, then it's imperative that the rain doesn't spoil it.

However, if the primary objective is to inflate the averages of Babar, Rizwan, and to prove what a bowler Shadab is, and Iftikhar is the finisher we need then it might be preferable for this match to be rained off.

If the aim of this game is to provide young players with exposure to international cricket, revive Fakhar Zaman's form, help Imad Wasim and Amir regain their footing in the international arena, and experiment with an aggressive opening combination of Saim, Fakhar and Usman, then it's imperative that the rain doesn't spoil it.

However, if the primary objective is to inflate the averages of Babar, Rizwan, and to prove what a bowler Shadab is, and Iftikhar is the finisher we need then it might be preferable for this match to be rained off.
Let’s say the next 2 games are also rained off at Pindi..

You will not see Niazi and Abrar playing in the last 2 T20s at Lahore

Let’s say the next 2 games are also rained off at Pindi..

You will not see Niazi and Abrar playing in the last 2 T20s at Lahore
I don't understand how this sort of captaincy is accepted by some so called pakistani fans

I don't understand how this sort of captaincy is accepted by some so called pakistani fans
Hopefully the series is 0-0 by the time it reaches Lahore

The Qalandars fans owe Shaheen Afridi their captain the loyalty to give a piece of their mind to Babar Azam.

When Fakhar decides to end his career. The world will remember him for the monster innings that won Pakistan the most important matches. Including the CT17.

He would be dubbed as Pakistan's best ODI opener alongside Saeed Anwar.
True True

The rain has finally cleared, and the covers are coming off ⛅

The cutoff time for a 5-over match is 10:17 PM PKT

Hopefully the series is 0-0 by the time it reaches Lahore

The Qalandars fans owe Shaheen Afridi their captain the loyalty to give a piece of their mind to Babar Azam.
Keep dreaming LOL. Babar is the son of Lahore. Can still hear Gaddafi chanting his name when he scored century there a month ago.

Yup and and there's also a Dr who claims to be a professional cricketing analyst but didn't know how how a super over works 🤣
The difference is my analysis of cricket doesn't get impacted by semantics of a Super Over.

But you could give Babar an entire career of just batting Super Overs and he still wouldn't be able to replicate what you expounded.

I skipped my mongodb classes for this one. Please play these 10 overs atleast. Otherwise I will feel I just wasted these two hours.

Back