Pakistan vs New Zealand | T20 WC - Semi Final 1 | Cape Town | 22/9/07 | Pak Inns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercenary

Senior ODI Player
Runs
It's a simple equation, Pakistan need 144 to get into the final.

Now that Butt's out, let's hope we can chase this down with a few overs to spare!

I can't believe how much I love Malik. His english is so awesome.

And Yumar Gul is a champion.

I hope we can chase it down but you never know. Pakistan have struggled or kind of make a mess of it when chasing 140 or thereabouts against India and Bangladesh I think.

I think the Kiwis are about 20 runs short.

We SHOULD win this. Despite what Darrell Cullinan is saying in the studio we are definitely favourites here.........65-35 in our favour.

he didnt let Gooch trick him into giving away his tactis in what could turn out to be a tricky chase, well done Malik

afridi may open dunno for sure decision is being made in the dressing room now

Hash said:
I think the Kiwis are about 20 runs short.

We SHOULD win this. Despite what Darrell Cullinan is saying in the studio we are definitely favourites here.........65-35 in our favour.
65-35? Kya baat Hash bai? More like 80-20!

But of course if you factor in that this is Pakistan, it becomes 50-50.

i hope afridi opens...plzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
he will be a waste down the order...atleast if he comes up the order he comes in wif
INSUrAnCE IF he doesnt come off

Fawad will play down the order according to Malik - he's a leftie and should be useful against Vetorri

I hear a lot about Malik's English being great - but I must be in the minority who think its quite poor. Not that it bothers me.

ok guys .. how many balls before nazir goes :D

well on a serious note .. i'd drop nazir way down and open with kamran and hafeez.

Oxy said:
I hear a lot about Malik's English being great - but I must be in the minority who think its quite poor. Not that it bothers me.

It is better than Inzi's.

His English is fine but it just sounds a bit bland and wooden when he speaks, kind of monotone. When he gets more confident speaking it this will improve too.

on the whole an impressive performance on the field, inshallah same with tha bat

asif disappoints again
akmal - just another day... sarfaraz ahmed needs a call asap
gul - hero for today
afridi and alam -- well done
tanvir- thank you akram.. now plz take him all the way

malik... plz no asif in death overs...

Go Pakistan!

<< Rashid >> said:
Afridi against Bond will be quite interesting.

that probably won't last long ...

afridi should not open against bond and gillispie !!!

Last edited:
Hash said:
It is better than Inzi's.

His English is fine but it just sounds a bit bland and wooden when he speaks, kind of monotone. When he gets more confident speaking it this will improve too.

He always says the same phrase "I must give credit to ...."

i wonder why it is that some glaring NO NOs (like giving asif the last over) are seen by us supporters but not by the team or management?

Afridi vs Bond case probabilty
case 1= Afridi will hit couple of sixes to bond and then eventually got out at the end of his second over.
case 2= Afridi will out on duck on the first over
case 3= Afridi will score sensibly in Bond first over ,hit couple of sixes in his second over and eventually get out by other bowler ,(quick 25 runs in other words).

I'd settle for 143 to win against the Kiwis.

Lets see who opens out of Afrid/Nazir/Hafeez.

So pakistan need to score 144 to win this Q/F. Their batting was not impressive against Bangladesh, but with a run rate of only 7.15, lets hope they use their brain as they set out for the chase.

The inclusion of Alam gives us some more depth to the batting. Apparently, the selectors decided to drop Butt because he made comments about Shoaib's place in the team rather than his lack-lustre performance with the bat so far. Whatever reason, it's already worked as Alam took two important wickets for us.

khilari said:
asif disappoints again
akmal - just another day... sarfaraz ahmed needs a call asap
gul - hero for today
afridi and alam -- well done
tanvir- thank you akram.. now plz take him all the way

malik... plz no asif in death overs...

Go Pakistan!

Good summary!

Good thing for Pakistan is Bond is not any sort of form. He has been clattered all over by all teams.

The Chaudrey said:
The inclusion of Alam gives us some more depth to the batting. Apparently, the selectors decided to drop Butt because he made comments about Shoaib's place in the team rather than his lack-lustre performance with the bat so far. Whatever reason, it's already worked as Alam took two important wickets for us.

Huh??? What did he say? Where? Which Shoaib was he talking about ... I hope he was not badmouthing the skipper before the media!

kashif77 said:
ok guys .. how many balls before nazir goes :D

well on a serious note .. i'd drop nazir way down and open with kamran and hafeez.

i'd say 1 :20:

Rameez agrees with me......Afridi SHOULD NOT open!!

The Chaudrey said:
So pakistan need to score 144 to win this Q/F. Their batting was not impressive against Bangladesh, but with a run rate of only 7.15, lets hope they use their brain as they set out for the chase.

Where have you heard that and can you provide a source or link ?

Obsessed_in_a_good_way said:
Huh??? What did he say? Where? Which Shoaib was he talking about ... I hope he was not badmouthing the skipper before the media!
No, he mentioned that Shoaib Akhtar should be back in the team, even though everyone was told to shut up and not make comments to the media.

It seems the timing of his comments have been better than anything he managed in the middle of the pitch

champion_pak said:
i cant believe we are so close to winning yahoooooooooooooooooooo

....don't count your eggs before they are hatched!

By the looks of things it was a last moment batting order decision not to send in afridi...
looks like a lot of indecision....i would still like to see afridi one down or 2 down atleast and the let the batsmen come iin afterwards so that gives pakistan some cushion

The Chaudrey said:
No, he mentioned that Shoaib Akhtar should be back in the team, even though everyone was told to shut up and not make comments to the media.

It seems the timing of his comments have been better than anything he managed in the middle of the pitch

So you are basically trying to put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 ?

first ball hammered through cover for 4 by Hafeez. Great start.

Hafeez wallops the 1st ball for 4

Obsessed_in_a_good_way said:

All he said was that locker room fights happen a lot and that we should move on.

and for saying this sensible bit he gets punished ....

DNA on the other hand publicly criticizers his coach and captain right before a big match --> http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=46380

nearly a runout

Nazir not backing up

iZeeshan said:
Nazeer and Hafeez opening. Afridi mostly likely coming 3.

I am falling in love with Malik/Lawson combination.....

Guys mark MY WORDS.... this move (plus Gul's move to not open)....will win us this match!!

swaziboy said:
why is akmal padded up.????????? arghhhhhhhhh
YThey usually have 2-3 padded up because batsman has only a minute to come in

2 runs. Whipped over mid wicket by Hafeez

6 for 0 from the 1st over

swaziboy said:
By the looks of things it was a last moment batting order decision not to send in afridi...
looks like a lot of indecision....i would still like to see afridi one down or 2 down atleast and the let the batsmen come iin afterwards so that gives pakistan some cushion

My thoughts are the opposite of this: Having Afridi still padded up in the pavilion gives the earlier batsmen the confidence that they do not need to make foolish mistakes, to stem a rising required run rate. They might reason that Afridi can come and handle it, if needed.

I think the pressure on the batsmen mounts if Afridi has gone in and out. My safety cushion in having Afridi ready to come in.

phew. Imran N edged between keeper and slip for 4

Nasser Hussain proved wrong with his catches infront of the wicket. McCullum's mess up for my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back