Pakistan vs South Africa | 1st Test | Karachi | 01/10/07 | Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afridi_Fan

Test Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Just above one hour to go for the final day,and what a day we have in prospect,either team can win.

For Pakistan YK,Misbah,Malik and Akmal hold the key if 3 of the 4 fire Pakistan have a decent chance but its a day 5 pitch so anything can happen

this will be a test of Malik's promise of being an aggressive captain. In my opinion, we have as much, if not more, chance of winning this game as we do of drawing. Will we go for it though?

edit: comon guys its 5 in the morning

Last edited:
karachiite said:
this will be a test of Malik's promise of being an aggressive captain. In my opinion, they have as much, if not more, chance of winning this game as we do of drawing. Will they go for it though?

:20: :20:

Afridi_Fan said:
He simply means will we go for victory

Do they say that we and they are they but also we?

Younis needs to bat at least until tea

It would be great if Asif can survive the first hour

Hash said:
Younis needs to bat at least until tea

It would be great if Asif can survive the first hour

i hope so too and younis even longer - lol..but will he just be holding up one end and slowing down the run rate..if he does stay out there??

Last edited:
Toony™® said:
i hope so too and younis even longer - lol..but will he just be holding up one end and slowing down the run rate..if he does stay out there??

Well I wont mind as long as Asif and YK partnership remains there,they will frustrate Saffies,and 1st target (according to someone) is a draw and that will help

well it would be good if Asif can survive the first hour and score some runs along the way; even 20 odd runs would do. Frustrate the Saffies

No sign of spin for Harris for the first five balls. Asif dealing with him quite easily

Nel to start off at the other end. Needs 1 more wicket to get to 100 wickets

First ball, Younis pushes through the covers for a double

Younis has reached 96 with a single to deep square leg

Pakistan 151/3

Nel going round the wicket to Asif

151 for 3 (273 runs to win)

Younis not out 96
Asif not out 3

Younis takes a single off the first ball of Harris' over

Asif to face (or survive) 5 balls now

asif is doing well to stick around...anything from him is a bonus

WTH, I'm watching through ATN stream since Z sports is showing the ODI but ATN keeps going to a black page with ATN logo on it...

To follow live action for free just go to

www.cricketcable.com

but do click on the banners to support them, so far they have given excelent service of cricket channels.

whats wrong with this CBN again.. why aren't they showing the match :mad::mad::mad:

Well done Younis Khan !!!! BIG SHABAASH

Next target is 200 InshAllah!!!

Younis gets a well-deserved century. His 13th in his test career and his 1st against South Africa

Asif doing really well frustrating the Saffers

Well done champ ... good knock under pressure and in good time!!!

Younis gets his 100

superb innings. Half way there Younis bhai!

159 for 3 (265 runs to win)

Younis not out 102
Asif not out 5

This century is one of his best, it has come so quickly 107 balls!!

Harris still not getting spin. Not even one ball has turned enough to trouble the batsmen

If we have a good session, we have big chance to win this game we just need to keep our wickets intact. Harris isn't getting that much of a turn on day 5 pitch.

161 for 3

263 runs to win

Well done Younis. Im sure he does realise though that the job is nowhere near done yet though

These two have put on 27 runs in 8.3 overs

Asif goes, stunned by a bouncer. Couldnt get the gloves out of the way and South Africa finally have their wicket

Misbah in next I presume

ahhhhh

unlucky Asif

You lasted 20 mins and 26 balls.

Asif out. Not the worst thing that could happen though cause if he stayed for too long it would have reduced the possibility of a win

another milestone in this match, 100 Test wickets for Nel

so many records are broken in this test match, maybe we can win this match

Now the real game starts ... Misbah has gotta step up today!!!

We have to play session to session keep our wickets intact don't play to many shots or don't be to defensive that often leads to pressure. Big partnership is now needed.

Misbah's real test is here. 20/20 was pre-test.
I think a 50 will be a passing grade and a 100 will get him an A in my books.

omg, it looks like CBN is showing this match from any online stream.. :))) :))) its really really bad quality

Saqib said:
another milestone in this match, 100 Test wickets for Nel

so many records are broken in this test match, maybe we can win this match

Good spirits,I am with you mate ;)

YK sweeps for 4 - went off the back of his bat!

166-4

258 to win

decent crowd in, one half of the NSK is half full so we're 25% which is decent for our recent standards

258 to go. Looong way. Younus playing well. This partnership is crucial. I would love for Misbah to play a blinder.

CricnPak said:
decent crowd in, one half of the NSK is half full so we're 25% which is decent for our recent standards

It's friday today I think the crowd will fill in today after the jumma prayer. We just need that support from our crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back