Pakistan VS South Africa | ICC T20 2010 | Super 8 Match 9 | 10/05/2010 | SA Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's Momo!?

We should be celebrating our non-wristslitting victory!

I called it ... I knew we'd win :D

Well a good way for Pakistan too finish their World T20.

Please, no more Hafeez and Misbah!

Alhamdolillah! :)

Great stuff by the team, Ajmal, Afridi, Umar, Aamer and the rest. :14:

Couldn't have asked for more.

Even if we get knocked out today, we do so with our heads held high.

KingKhanWC said:
What a great game.

How many of you backed Pakistan to win this in the field? ;-)

I did.

Off for a quick hit with the bat and back for England.

Well I joined you after the 10th over of SA innings :p

Sledger said:
I always knew Pakistan would win. :14:

:)) You said in the very first page of the Pak Innings thread ; 'Expect a thrashing today' :moyo

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

Brilliant all round game by everyone except Misbah (made up for it with catch :inzi)

Poison said:
:)) You said in the very first page of the Pak Innings thread ; 'Expect a thrashing today' :moyo

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!
I know, but I'm glad I was proved wrong. Congrats to everyone predicting a Pak win! :D

Pakistan have confirmed England place in the semis. It is time to return the favour.

SA took a dive.

Only way you can explain today's outcome. Aside from
exceptions like Ajmal, Pakistani squad looked like it was
meant for the Special Olympics.

Sheikh 'Heeran' Chilli

Dearest of all England,
You are the best country in the world. So could you do us a grand old favor and win today? Please? I'll gift you Shahid Afridi if you win. Although you might not want him, but whatever.
Cheers, WeAreTheVampions.

the fairy tale is still on. Who would of thought. even the script writers cant write a better script

Cornered tigers strike, it means there still in at least for the next 4 hours.

ShehryarK said:
Alhamdolillah! :)

Great stuff by the team, Ajmal, Afridi, Umar, Aamer and the rest. :14:

Couldn't have asked for more.

Even if we get knocked out today, we do so with our heads held high.

Well i don't think they will be held high, but they certainly haven't been embarrassed.

South Africa have been embarrassed though. Though i don't think anyone is watching over there, it's all the football world cup. Maybe no one will even know that are playing.

kingusama92 said:
England is the best - only if they win today. :D

:))) :))) :)))

Gotta agree with you. Morgan better than bradman. Lumb better than Lara. England are the new invincible team in cricketing world.

Afridi: "The boys really performed very well. Kamran Akmal .. Umar akmal .. my partnership with Umar too ..Captain's performance is always important. .. I have already started praying that England should win the next game!"

What a Man.

:))) :))) :))) :)))

Doesn't hide his emotions one bit. Legend. :afridi

Umar won man of the match. I think Ajmal may have deserved it slightly more. I dunno.

Merwe should get special mention though, he really got Pakistan out of a tricky situation. If Merwe hadn't bowled full stop, South Africa would have won. They must be kicking themselves to have included him again, he's been disastrous all this tournament.

ads101 said:
Umar won man of the match. I think Ajmal may have deserved it slightly more. I dunno.

Merwe should get special mention though, he really got Pakistan out of a tricky situation. If Merwe hadn't bowled full stop, South Africa would have won. They must be kicking themselves to have included him again, he's been disastrous all this tournament.

Agreed.

iZeeshan said:
:)) Even when speaking in Urdu, they sound illiterate. How sad.
As long as they keep winning matches for us, i dont give a crap about their education lol

Ah! How good it feels to actually win!!:D
Well done..Akmal brothers, Ajmal, Afridi and Merwe. :14:

C'mon England. Go beat NZZZZZZZ!!!

ads101 said:

Umar put the runs on the board for Ajmal to bowl. So Jr deserved this.

WeAreTheVampions said:
I think the thing is that ajmal has performed every match, hence he goes by unnoticed.

Umar Akmal's was a matchwinning knock and got Pakistan to a good total. Pakistan haven't really had many of those knocks (well Butt has given them but we've lost the match). However SA should have walked this and it was poor batting by their part.

Albie morkel should have played higher and Gibbs lower down. AB de villiers started the big hitting too late, and too many SA players got out to silly shots

Well done pakistan..................
Now its upto England whether they want to be remembered as a great team or not... ;-)

Awsome feeling, cant explain it, wish we had won the game against NZ then we would have been in semi with any pressure but still thanks to ALLAH for this sweet victory. Well played Umer-Kamran-Afridi-Ajmal-Rehman almost all of them should be given credit. Well misbah was **** with the bat but thaat catch was great one and that was big wicket. Rehman bowled really well until his last over but still great effort. I think Afridi would be beating his head for not playing Rehman earlier in the tournament. again took 2 wickets and gave few runs except for his last over. AJMAL was superb today. He has become our SAQLAIN, bowling those important last overs....Amir and razzak also bowled well....Today Afridi performed and see the result we won.....I pray and wish England wins against NZ. Once we are in Semi's then im sure we will bring the WORLD CUP again to HOME.

Salman_S said:
England without Pieterson.....New Zealand will win.

Ok. I heard you, and now you must know that I love bumping threads to user's face. :afridi

ads101 said:
I think the thing is that ajmal has performed every match, hence he goes by unnoticed.

Umar Akmal's was a matchwinning knock and got Pakistan to a good total. Pakistan haven't really had many of those knocks (well Butt has given them but we've lost the match). However SA should have walked this and it was poor batting by their part.

Albie morkel should have played higher and Gibbs lower down. AB de villiers started the big hitting too late, and too many SA players got out to silly shots

Good points there. And I believe that Umar Akmal was very deserving, and his innings was a match winning one. But Ajmal bowled exceptionally when the big hits started to come and some pressure/tension was present. If we had someone like Aamer bowling the last over we could've lost. Meh though, congrats to Umar Akmal, I really liked his innings. :)

Afridi_Fan said:
Ok. I heard you, and now you must know that I love bumping threads to user's face. :afridi

Wouldn't mind at all to be proven wrong.....lol

But brain says advantage New Zealand.

WeAreTheVampions said:
Good points there. And I believe that Umar Akmal was very deserving, and his innings was a match winning one. But Ajmal bowled exceptionally when the big hits started to come and some pressure/tension was present. If we had someone like Aamer bowling the last over we could've lost. Meh though, congrats to Umar Akmal, I really liked his innings. :)
I don't think we would have lost if Aamer bowled last over. Aamer wasn't bowling incredible but not that badly either. SA had already lost before the last over really.

I can't understand why South Africa didn't bring in Langaveldt earlier instead of leaving his 2 remaining overs. Yes he's good at death, but the dangermen were Akmal and Afridi. At that point the main priority was to get them out. If SA had done that they would have brought down run rate, probably would have got akmal or afridi out earlier on, and skittled Pakistan to a low total. You have to adapt the order of your bowling depending on your situation. What's the point of last over going to Langerveldt? Razzaq and Misbah were unlikely to post decent scores anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back