Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 1st Test | Day 3 | Abu Dhabi | 20/10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Hill is BLIND.
First Dilshan now Misbah.
I think he have something against Captains.

both captain dismiss given by the umpire were wrong by a miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sri lanka should get use to this...

2/3 days in the field for them ... out of 5...

bowling is ... so... poor..

Taufeeq has batted for 632 minutes. What a marathon effort. :14:

Afternoon Session | 2/102 | 28 Overs | RR 3.64

Last edited:
good stuff by Taufeeq. regardless of how slow he played at start this has been an amazing inning. 632 minutes in this heat :14:

Lols my thread on Taufeeq got deleted! But we can continue here :D

though i agree tony hill is not the best umpires but he is way better than billy doctrove and ian gould..

So what do people think?

Declare tonight with a lead of 300 or so?

Or shall we make them toil in the sun a bit longer and take it up to lunchish tomorrow with lead of 400?

Think we should aim to bat once and declare about half way through morning session tomorrow....gives us 5 and a half sessions to bowl them out.

Pakistans plan should be to bat out whole last session postively and declare overnight and give Sri lanka two days to survive!

Salam guys, I havent posted in ages. Been busy, hope Umar gets a double ton.

Pakistans plan should be to bat out whole last session postively and declare overnight and give Sri lanka two days to survive!

Not a bad idea but im not a fan of declaring overnight. It always irritates the opposition to be forced to field for a bit longer....they've been in the field for so long, they must be so sick of it. I say bring them out tomorrow and make them stand in the sun for an hour or so.

So what do people think?

Declare tonight with a lead of 300 or so?

Or shall we make them toil in the sun a bit longer and take it up to lunchish tomorrow with lead of 400?

Think we should aim to bat once and declare about half way through morning session tomorrow....gives us 5 and a half sessions to bowl them out.

I would say play 40 more overs if we do not get out and score about 160-180 more.

The quick scoring was down to Misbah in the last session, I doubt these two can keep up with it.

Shafiq will try to make the most of his chance and Taufeeq, well he will hopefully accelerate once past his 200.

I think the lead will be around 350 at the end of play. And if we have wickets, I don't think Misbah will declare, he'll let them bat till lunch tomorrow.

Not a bad idea but im not a fan of declaring overnight. It always irritates the opposition to be forced to field for a bit longer....they've been in the field for so long, they must be so sick of it. I say bring them out tomorrow and make them stand in the sun for an hour or so.

+1 i agree with you

salaam.

wow woke up and found out that taufeeq was on 188 and Misbah was batting at a preatty afridily istrike rate :O too bad he missed his 50, he is a typical 50 making machine =P

toffe perfomance is great but herath with 55 overs bowled is outstandings

The Great Thing about Taufeeq Umar Innings is....

we wont seee mr parachi imran farhat back in the test team :D

Last edited:
Asad Shafiq is under great pressure cause he knows that one failure will mean that Malik all replace him in the next test

Asad is playing a disastrous knock here considering the situation we are in ....

selfish batting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back