Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 1st Test | Day 3 | Abu Dhabi | 20/10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how many matches can Taufeeq afford to fail now before Farhat replaces him

so why are those critising the slow rate now applauding 203 off 459 balls?

the first Pakistani opener to score a double since Aamer Sohail in 1992

200!

Takbeer!

On the issue, hope we put them in for 8-10 overs tonight. That way, we get 2 bites with the new cherry.

Gul choosing the ball....

Declaration will come today ...

Asad's innings is a disgrace in the circumstances

there is another explanation for the slow rate of pakistan the outside field is very slow

Looks like Misbah wants 500 - that will be around a 300 lead.

They might not declare tonight unless runs start flowing a bit faster.

Looks like Pakistan might be looking to declare soon, Gul was picking a ball a moment ago.

Asad's S/R = 17

When we are looking to declare surely he needs to paly well...

Can not understand one thing , if we going to declare soon why asad was not told to play positively. Its not like he has a full day to score. Senseless.

Looks like Misbah wants 500 - that will be around a 300 lead.

They might not declare tonight unless runs start flowing a bit faster.

Ideally Asad needs to step up a bit but I can guarantee he is scared of getting out and has gone into his shell :malik

there is another explanation for the slow rate of pakistan the outside field is very slow

They are blocking the ball not hitting it. On a slow filed we would get lots of 2 and 3s but not 4s that is not the reason for slow runrate.

Can not understand one thing , if we going to declare soon why asad was not told to play positively. Its not like he has a full day to score. Senseless.

I dont think anyone would have told him to bat like that...

He should aware of the situation.

Doesn't look in great form, finding the fielder each time.

Ramis spouting rubbish about getting a move on

let the boys play, 2 days is more than enough to get Lankans

need to press on require some quick runs before close of play :)

Hopefully Taufeeq won't feel extra pressure to accelerate due to Shafiq's blocking.

Thats why Asad shafiq needs to do better than what he is doing

I agree but I think there is a reason for this as these youngsters are thinking if I get a low score I will get dropped. Still needs to up the temp to at least 4 an over if not more.

Only Misbah came in and straight away got used to conditions. Umar, Azhar and Younis had very low strike rates at the start too. I'm hoping Shafiq will click into gear..

Shafiq out, good for Pakistan.. unless Malik comes back. :p

Last 10 overs, 19 runs :facepalm:

Now i really hope the Lankans score heavily in second inning and teach the Pakistani players a lesson

Doesn't really matter now about the wickets though if they are looking to declare.

Well ideally Taufeeq should stay in because he's comfortable with the conditions. This is the last recognised pair really.

Asad needs to accelerate ....

This type of innings would result in him getting dropped

Asaq will be even more cautious now. The thing with dropping players all the time is that they are always thinking they are playing for their position. If we could gurantee a decent run, this would not happen....

Asad needs to go for boundaries now to make up for his pathetic batting upto now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back