Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 1st Test | Day 3 | Abu Dhabi | 20/10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shafiq is playing for his place....it's been a selfish innings. I'm quite dissapointed in him because i'm a fan.

We are 264 ahead with 6 wickets in hand....absolutely NO REASON to be batting slowly. NONE.

Pakistan | 4/462 | 164 Overs | Lead by 261 runs

Evening Session | 0/22 | 10 Overs

Ok Asad a second life now so please up the tempo. Rememer Malik is breathing in your neck and Malik does also bowl (which might be required in these conditions later on)

Well ideally Taufeeq should stay in because he's comfortable with the conditions. This is the last recognised pair really.

True but all we need is 40 odd runs but a not out for Toffee will be good to get that average goiong :sachin

Ok Asad a second life now so please up the tempo. Rememer Malik is breathing in your neck and Malik does also bowl (which might be required in these conditions later on)

I think that's exactly why he is playing such a crappy innings.

24 more overs to go..easily gonna get a lead of 330 odd..hope shafiq makes a decent score as he has the technique and temprament to be a good test player

Taufeeq 206 N.O

Highest score by a PAkistani opener in last 20 years at least

We are in danger of batting on too long here. We need to have a crack at the Lankans tonight.

lucky Lankans that was a noball asad got out on. They need him on the crease.

that's the issue. all the sifarshi players are breathing down your neck so asad does not want to play a rash shot and get out. had it been any other team where adecent run is guranteed i am pretty sure asad would be playing more freely...

"Asad is gone. Best thing that could have happened for Pakistan." Except for the no-ball,

Shafiq showing a lack of experience, hasn't read the situation here at all. Still dead batting it.

Pakistan | 4/463 | 166 Overs | Lead by 266 runs

Evening Session | 0/23 | 11 Overs

talking about uneducated people... start with our cricket team... have no idea what is happening

We have to feel for Sri Lanka:

Dilshan got a bad decision from the umpire and when he went collapse started.

Taufeeq Umar was actually out when he was on 102 I think.

SL have dropped a couple of catches

And now they got a wicket but it was a no-ball.

So it's fair to say SL have been a touch unlucky.

But Pakistan needed a bit luck too.

OMG I would have prefered malik over shafiq I would have knew this is what he will do.

This is really strange from Asad Shafiq. The team needs quick runs to set up a declaration. It's flat wicket. They need all the time to bowl Sri Lanka out. Our man is 10 off 68. Wonder if it is the insecurity around his place in the side?

someones reading pp!!

How much time does he need on Such a flat wicket??

Asad needs to access the situation better team needs quick runs...

11 off 70 deliveries ??

dont know what people are moaning about..we are not declaring today!! shafiq knows it..dont you think he would have got instructions before he came out? still better than mirza sahib!

Ideal time to declare now, lead is big enough and we should look to try and make early inroads into Sri Lanka's batting.

Oh yaar itna tou Indians nahi route, haina Velu?

Let the kid play. You never know, in next Test we might have to save the Test and he needs all the practice he can get here :)

what the hell :))
they should get a move on. We need to bowl the last 10 overs at minimum before the day's play

Pak team agian shows thr weak class, while domainating against SL. Now pak batsmen trying to invite a draw.
Despite having the lead of almost 300 runs taufeeq umar playing with the 40 strikerate and shafiq 25 strike rate.
Our players r not playing for pakistan. Shafiq just want cement his place for U akmal.

Looks like the message told Shafiq to get a move on, looks a lot more positive now. Four.

I think shafiq has planned with Mazhar majeed to make sure this match ends up in a draw lol pathetic batting really !!
Switching to England vs India Odi...

OK guys.

It's actually Taufeeq who should play the shots now since he has already a double century.

Maybe he is aiming for a tripple?

First boundary scored in 42 balls.

Ten Sports scoreline is great, better than the one they have used before.

In the other match England 247/4 after 44.4 overs.

Should aim for 300!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back