Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 1st Test | Day 3 | Abu Dhabi | 20/10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst I've seen him play! He was just going nowhere with that approach. I wonder how Misbah would tolerate this especially after the way he was playing himself. Asad needs to be told that he might just get dropped because of such innings. It is doing more harm to your chances of winning...

Pakistan | 4/482 | 168 Overs | Lead by 285 runs

Evening Session | 0/43 | 14 Overs

oh look whats that? a four!! and another one!! cmon asad, keep malikani on the bench this series!

Worst I've seen him play! He was just going nowhere with that approach. I wonder how Misbah would tolerate this especially after the way he was playing himself. Asad needs to be told that he might just get dropped because of such innings. It is doing more harm to your chances of winning...

disgraceful!! drop a player for nothing!! thats why our youngsters never settle..leave the kid alone for the series! he will come good!

Now pak batsmen trying to invite a draw.
Despite having the lead of close to 300 runs taufeeq umar playing with the 40 strikerate and shafiq 25 strike rate.
Our players r not playing for pakistan.

We need fawad alam, He plays for Pakistan's pride.

Umar akamal could have score 50 + playing so many devilries.

Yes, if he would've lasted these many deliveries, he certainly would have.

We all know that Asad has all the shots in the book to play. It's just his mental strategy that is not right. It's not that he can't score faster, it's just that he is not willing to (same thing with Taufeeq and Azhar earlier).

This is where the coach and captain can lay out the plan.

I think we are looking to declare when we get a lead of 300 hundred and don't care about how many over we bowl at them today

I think Asad is more worried about his place in the side then scoring runs quickly!

To be honest, Pakistan,s approach as pathetic as it gets. First it was taufeeq, then Younis and nod has even bettered these two and yeah not forget Azhar. Really pathetic. Any other team would have 600 plus runs by now.

More signs of intent from Shafiq.. not sure what he was up to earlier. Maybe the pressure of :malik being in the squad.

6 to Taufeeq. :127:

Asad really doesn't seem a player to be at six. Looks like he should play up the order. Problem there's no one you can drop to accomodate him.

At least fawad scores at a good rate due to picking up singles well, and Umar akmal through aggressive boundary hitting.

Anyway, hope the lad will get a good score, it'll do wonders for his confidence and he can look to try and cement his spot in the side. If he starts performing really well, he might even find himself moved up the order too.

Think we should declare when we reach 500. Lead of around 300 and bowl them out.

Pakistan | 4/493 | 170 Overs | Lead by 296 runs

Evening Session | 0/54 | 16 Overs

He averages 58 in FC cricket and 42 in test cricket, what else do you want?

The lad has played 3 tests. That is not sufficient to judge a player. At this stage, Vinod Kambli averaged about a zillion, turned out he was bloody rubbish (and almost purple).

I love anyone who plays for Pak with passion [plug], but Alam does not ooze quality.

Pakistan should be aiming for atleasy 70 runs off the last 17.5 overs today.

The lad has played 3 tests. That is not sufficient to judge a player. At this stage, Vinod Kambli averaged about a zillion, turned out he was bloody rubbish (and almost purple).

I love anyone who plays for Pak with passion [plug], but Alam does not ooze quality.

Is it his fault that he was dropped after just 3 test despite the fact that he scored 168 on debut while opening the innings ?

About two-three more overs of slogging from both now and then the declaration will do. :misbah

Senior players in pakistan team tend to have lock down on middle order places 4/5 so asad either has to bat 3 or 6 and i cant see Azhar moving from 3 spot anytime soon!

Also Umar akmal would be a better option at six as a counter attacking option!

Negative bowling from Dilshan, should get Taufeeq on strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back