Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 1st Test | Day 3 | Abu Dhabi | 20/10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
We must have different definitions of truck load.

Apparently. Highest average in the history of Pakistan first class cricket. Always one of the top run getters in QEA and Pentangular tournaments. Big centuries, double centuries, even a triple.
Big century on debut on the road.

But he doesn't know how to hold a bat.
If only he could learn to do that he could measure up to your definition of truck-loads. :amir

Top batting by Toffee. Sad end but it's very refreshing to see a top knock by a Pakistani after so long.

Lol at Gul :))

cricinfo commie has ripped into shafiq and rightly so....pathetic from him....expect him to be dropped in the next test....only shame is he will be dropped for Malik who is not a test player

Hard work starts now. This is a dead, dead wicket - one wicket tonight looks unlikely due to time but there's always hope with the new ball. :cheema

Apparently. Highest average in the history of Pakistan first class cricket. Always one of the top run getters in QEA and Pentangular tournaments. Big centuries, double centuries, even a triple.
Big century on debut on the road.

But he doesn't know how to hold a bat.
If only he could learn to do that he could measure up to your definition of truck-loads. :amir

FC is worlds away from test cricket. Esp in Asia where flat decks rule. Hick was a FC lion too, I'll reserve my judgement for blokes on the international arena.

Maybe Gul will be pissed off now and come out and take a 10 for in the 2nd inns :)

Comical :))

Gulla should take his revenge

Taufeeq deserved to stay not out though

that is why u.akmal's 30's looks OK for me far better than Asad's miserale whtever's :umarakmal

I like Shafiq but this was a really terrible innings with no consideration for the team or match situation.

Selfish.

Cricinfo

Asad Shafiq is a strange man. He is not hitting the shots, he doesn't want the quick singles, and the umpire and coach are waiting to declare. Taufeeq flicks, can't find the gap, wants a single to square leg, Asad is not moving. Taufeeq runs half way down, turns around, puts in a full-length dive, and still makes it only as far as the white line by the time the bails come off. Well done Asad on running Taufeeq out, on refusing a single when as the frsher, younger partner he should be initiating these quick single. and a non-sarcastic well done to Taufeeq Umar. Close to 12 hours in this heat, setting the innings up, seeing Pakistan through to a lead

I've always said Fawad + Umar Akmal >>> Shafiq

Though I'd take Shafiq over Malik any day despite the poor performance today.

Shafiq knows Malik is waiting to take his spot if/when he fails, pretty obvious. He doesn't bat this way.

Can understand where Asad is coming from, he isn't sure about his place in the team and probably wanted to get some runs.

Wont be shocked if Shafiq is dropped after this test after such behaviour! pure selfishness there!

Feel sorry for Asad, yeah it was a slow bad innings, but honestly I don't think Asad's one of those guys who can just pick up and go. Obviously he also had the pressure of staying in the team considering his test record too.

Good chance he'll dropped for Malik next match. Which is a shame. Really no.6 should go to fawad or umar akmal. Given the steadiness of our top order, perhaps umar.

Sri lanka's best batsman in now. Hope he gets out cheaply.

Umar Gul to Paranavitana, OUT, Gul. He has struck first ball. Or is it Tony Hill who has struck?

FFS... cricinfo :facepalm:... Its getting tiresome

cricinfo on fire

Umar Gul to Paranavitana, OUT, Gul. He has struck first ball. Or is it Tony Hill who has struck?

Wah Gul :gul Well played bouys lets wrap this up today :inzi

Last edited:
Feel sorry for Asad, yeah it was a slow bad innings, but honestly I don't think Asad's one of those guys who can just pick up and go. Obviously he also had the pressure of staying in the team considering his test record too.

Good chance he'll dropped for Malik next match. Which is a shame. Really no.6 should go to fawad or umar akmal. Given the steadiness of our top order, perhaps umar.

Asad has only himself to blame. He allowed the pressure to build up on him. I like the guy but if he is going to be selfish he can sit next to imran farhat.

I agree we should give him a fair chance and no 6 is not the ideal position for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back