Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 2nd ODI | Karachi | Sep 30, 2019 | Pakistan innings

Most of imams hundreds hve come against likes of zimbabwe or in games that we lost

He has 1 hundred against Eng, 1 against SA in 11 matches he has played against them, 1 against BD and 1 against Srl. He was the main of the series against SA and highest scorer in Asia Cup for Pak as wel. It isnt like other players have never played against weak teams, its about getting the most of those oppurtunities.

He isn’t perfect but you dont drop a player just on the assumption that someone can better him.

Last edited:
Always a treat to watch Babar and Haris bat together.

Haris still needs to accelerate like Babar.

In terms of Filling up stadiums its not fair. 3 times in a row is something which is not normal. Series is meant to be played every where in the country. Multan-Lahore- Karachi should have been used for this series.

I hope Misbah-ul-Haq is listening. Best Time to open the inning with Asif Ali in this series to try him out. Imam will always give 50 runs start of the first 10 overs, which is not modern day cricket is now days.

These two are doing a great job of ticking over the scoreboard, making 5-6 runs an over without boundaries.

No boundary for Haris atm. Quite the opposite of what we saw of him in the WC.

Good things we have 8 wickets in hand but it’s time to accelerate.

RR should be at least 6.00 i reckon.

I hope Misbah-ul-Haq is listening. Best Time to open the inning with Asif Ali in this series to try him out. Imam will always give 50 runs start of the first 10 overs, which is not modern day cricket is now days.

I don't think that will be the case. Misbah said it clearly in a statement that "we lost games even after scoring 300+. That was because of our bowling. We used to scored 230-40 and still win it". Not the exact words but it was clear what he said. So I'm guessing we won't see the extra acceleration in the batting.

He has 1 hundred against Eng, 1 against SA in 11 matches he has played against them, 1 against BD and 1 against Srl. He was the main of the series against SA and highest scorer in Asia Cup for Pak as wel. It isnt like other players have never played against weak teams, its about getting the most of those oppurtunities.

He isn’t perfect but you dont drop a player just on the assumption that someone can better him.

He must improve his SR and range of shots to start impacting games. And be a better player against spin too.
Otherwise soft hundreds and ones in losing cause not going to be any good

As usual babar becomes a liability in last 15 overs of the game , i dony know why he doest open the innings given his limited ability in the death part of the innings.

As usual Babar slowing things down when he’s close to getting a century.

well what do you expect...i mean i would do that too..he already playing run a ball..first century in pakistan after ten years i would be selfish to get that too...

He must improve his SR and range of shots to start impacting games. And be a better player against spin too.
Otherwise soft hundreds and ones in losing cause not going to be any good
For 100 to be a winning hundred someone need to Support
Like babar hundred against New Zealand
Or kohli hundreds on the back of Good opening And finishing of Rohit and Dhoni

well what do you expect...i mean i would do that too..he already playing run a ball..first century in pakistan after ten years i would be selfish to get that too...

Well Karachi, but still.

Would be Babar's first 100 in Pakistan.

saffy 3 off 6 balls when last 6 overs left..i think we are going to fall well short

Sarfraz is just wasting balls. Pathetic non performer like him keeps getting chances

To be fair, this is a below-par batting performance by PAK.

Against a better team, this wouldn't cut it at all.

This outfit should really be dispatched for 340+ but looking difficult to get there.

Don’t think Pakistan will score 300+, at least not with Sarfraz on the crease.

i agree on a flat track of karachi very poor performance...but i wont call this lankan bowling weak only missing one player..and even batting top four are very good stroke makers...

233-3 (43.0) would be a decent score if we were playing against a stronger SL team but this looks disappointing.

Sarfraz needs to go. Apart from big talks he has nothing to offer. Why he came ahead of Imad and Iftikhar beyond imagination.

Lol, SL even with their full strength team have the worst economy rate. if Pak had done their homework, they should be taking full toll on these last 10 overs.

well done babz only consistent player in PAk team yet everybody is on his case...

Should've let Iftikhar, Imad, and Shadab come out at this stage, Sarfraz is a liability in the final 10 overs.

Agreed. Although people would then blame Sarfraz for hiding behind other batsmen like he always does.

Babar will most likely be amla level odi player , great numbers but very little impact.

Babar has been way more fluent than Amla and his improved his game a lot. Its sarfraz who is struggling. Pakistani line up needs a great finisher

Sarfaraz is terrible.

Pakistan need to drop him and invest time in a deserving keeper batsman. Last time Rizwan scored 2 tons. Why is he being kept out?

Babar has been way more fluent than Amla and his improved his game a lot. Its sarfraz who is struggling. Pakistani line up needs a great finisher

Babar could be a good opener for Pak, but problem is not much to come after.

Either play Sarfraz at 4 and during the middle overs or leave him out of the team.

Pitch is slow, but yeah still.

I blame Imam.

Yeah, it's not Babar's fault. The guys around him have let him down as usual.

They should be able to get away with it here against SL's batting lineup but there's lots of work to do moving forward.

The guy with the best SR in the entire innings is being accused of playing slow. Cheetay.

Struggling to reach 300+ against SL C team, this is not what I expected.

Back