Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 2nd Test | Dubai | 09/01/14 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Innings defeat is coming. Ajmal, follow Swann and retire. Do not live on past glory to be selected.

These games show you how much we depend on Ajmal, Misbah and Younis, esp Ajju. They don't perform and we don't stand a chance.

Is there even anyone in the crowd?

Test matches attract hardly anyone in the UAE, SL/SA. Even the ODI/T20 had a poor a audience, was talking to someone from Abu Dhabi and he was explaining how people just don't care about Pakistan cricket now because of the incidents in 2010 and how poor the team plays from time to time.

Does anyone else read Russell Arnold's tweets? They're soooo annoying and childish!

IS rahat being groomed here this is 5th game almost 1 year with the team

atleast whatmore is leaving , Misbah should follow him ...... except Khurram i dont see any positive player in this team

bowleers have toiled big time we may need new set of pacers for the 3rd test

Starts playing freely as soon as he reaches the milestone.
:four
And another
:four

small one. very much dependent on our batting if we bat out of our skins. Right now an innings defeat is looking on.

We simply don't have it in us to bat long periods, baring myk and misbah,

The rest are easy wickets.

Any chances of this match being a draw?

always a chance but depends on tomorrow...if we can come and get some quick wickets in the morning and restrict their lead to 200 or 230, then hope and pray losers like hafeez and shezad stay at the crease for more thna a session.

more likey they will get a lead of about 350 and we'll be bowled out for around 200.

free flowing runs. They are in such power position and i know we dont have the guts to pull a mathews.

problem with pak's fast bowling attack is that junaid is the entirety of it. irfan has never proven anything in tests and rahat is a joke

Stopped watching the game after lunch. Just came back. How is the pitch doing?

small one. very much dependent on our batting if we bat out of our skins. Right now an innings defeat is looking on.

always a chance but depends on tomorrow...if we can come and get some quick wickets in the morning and restrict their lead to 200 or 230, then hope and pray losers like hafeez and shezad stay at the crease for more thna a session.

more likey they will get a lead of about 350 and we'll be bowled out for around 200.
In other words I should give up all hope. Pathetic showing from pathetic people.

what next for Pakistan

Coming from a good fight against the Saffers, the team was battle ready unlike the Lankans. But the only display ithe battle on the field has been cowardice by Pak batsmen.

Very bad 2 days for Pakistan in thie test, Another bad day and its will be curtain for us,,

Embarrassing

In other words I should give up all hope. Pathetic showing from pathetic people.

chill. Be positive but be realistic too. 6 wickets in hand with a lead of over 150 is always a tough task especially for our brittle line up. Its possible but unlikely. we just have to bat out of our skins.

Well the day belongs to srilanka. What a dominating performance and so far have not given us a single chance.

Last edited:
Stretch the lead to 200. Declare, then bat again posting 200 throughout day 3 and half of day 4.

Stretch the lead to 200. Declare, then bat again posting 200 throughout day 3 and half of day 4.
How can you bat twice in a row?

SL's best interest is to only bat once. So they want as much as possible. Declaring shouldn't be something they should be thinking now.

i hope you guys bat twice and give us a chance to draw. :p :p you need to check the rules man. we will bat after you declare. one side cant bat twice.

Why would you say that ??? We should look to bat only once. I think we should bat at least until tomorrow tea time. The lead should be at least 350+ .

Innings defeat on the cards to be honest.

As Bullet drive the optimist would say, SL is effectively 150/4 with 2 set batsman left.

Pakistan staring down the barrel unless Misbah or YK score double hundreds in the 2nd inns.

Innings defeat is coming. Ajmal, follow Swann and retire. Do not live on past glory to be selected.

One bad test doesnt mean hes past it, personally swann is a selfish greedy chicken, u Win together and lose together, bet å few of the players werent impress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back