Pakistan vs Zimbabwe | 5th ODI | Shiekhupura | 02/02/08 | Pak Innings

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
182 to win for the young guns.

Nasir Jamshed and Khurram Manzoor to open

2 to Nasir Jamshed off the first ball

lovely shot by Khurram Manzoor from the first ball in international cricket.

Back foot drive for 4 through the covers.

What a beauty of a stroke to score your first runs in international cricket.

down the wicket tries to whack it over the top, a bounce or two towards mid off, quick single almost a run out.....now that wudve sucked.jamsed beaten, good delivery. thats my problem with jamshed, he does seem to have a bit of sadogopan ramesh type i wont move my feet, about him.

Great atmosphere at Shekhupura today.

4. now thats a nice flick by khurram manzorr, the second time hes shown great timing. he also seems to be good at punching the ball of the backfoot. done it twice, once for a boundary. good stuff.

Saj said:
Great atmosphere at Shekhupura today.

thats true, is it just me or has there been a huge increase in the crowd in the second innings?

cornelius said:
thats true, is it just me or has there been a huge increase in the crowd in the second innings?

yh i agree with you huge increase probably the lazy people decided to get out of bed

The great wacky tells us that its been ten years since cricket was played at sheikhupura (international) . as chigumbura bowls a wide. but it does seem like theyve improved the ground slightly. i went there in 2005. for a university match, wasnt selected in the 11 :( so just watcjed, but the stadium looked a little ....well ignored. seems alot smaller when ur actually there though. but i liked it.

and one of the commentators, i think its mushie, is cracking a joke about how chigumbura should be a boxer......?

14/0 off 3.1 as khuram lets one go outside the off stump, pushes the next one to mid on for a single. i like the look of this guy, even though its still early to say.

manzoor goes for a cover drive outside off, beaten completely.

Lovely cut shot by Nasir for 4.

manzoor plays a backfoot laxmanesque flick to mshort midwicket, no run. and i shud stop mentioning every single thing thats happening. but this kis doesnt look too bad. wadya guys think?

ok u guys are quick at posting.........maybe my live feed is a little delayed....darn it. but yeah good cut shot!

im thinking the same mate hes quick looks aggressive impressed so far

Sufyan! said:
im thinking the same mate hes quick looks aggressive impressed so far

yeah, and ive always like dplayers who can play a nice back foot drive.

as for jamshed, i dunno, his shots remind me of someone, i just cant remember who????

kablooee87 said:
Can anyone tell me why the target was revised?

I dont think its been revised has it??? there was apparently some confusion over one run.

cornelius said:
yeah, and ive always like dplayers who can play a nice back foot drive.

as for jamshed, i dunno, his shots remind me of someone, i just cant remember who????

he kind of reminds me of salman butt

lovely back foot drive by Manzoor for 4.

oh gee i like this kdis back foot drives! in true ian chappel style "Gee i like this kid"!

Wild shot straight up in the air by Nasir - gone.

well no one can complain of lack of aggression, im off for a few mins, lets hope by the time im back these two are still there.

Can I just say, those first 6 overs were brilliant to watch? Two talented youngsters playing all the shots, this is the new generation of Pakistan cricket iA. Such a shame Nasir has to go like that, lets see if Fawad gets a promotion now.

40/1

Nope, its yk

I was hoping for Fawad Alam.. :|

Khurram Manzoor seems a very organized, solid and a level headed player. He also translates his weight from the front foot to the back foot with minimal effort. Also likes playing in the 'V' which distinguishes him from the current batch of openers, I can see a bit of Kallis in him.

Last edited:
Hope Alam is promoted to no4. The guy hasn't been given a fair chance throughout the series.

82 for 1 from a highly entertaining 13 overs.

YK pulls another 4. Making this attack look exactly what it is - rubbish.

4 more for YK whose in a bit of a hurry today.

Straight drive off a full toss.

I'm getting excited by Manzoor's approach-he definitely looks the part to me. I would pick him ahead of Jamshed who seems the more talented of the two but needs to work harder on his application.

yeah it is fun watching yk bat, but i would have preferred it if Alam came in at 3, and Sarfraz at 4.. so we could have gotten a proper look at both of them!

finally a tall opener in Manzoor
and what is this.....a pakistani opener with decent temperament :O

Manzoor can play all around, he just hit a 4 through mid on, and then 3 more through point.. looks a good, compact player!

Easa said:
Manzoor can play all around, he just hit a 4 through mid on, and then 3 more through point.. looks a good, compact player!

yeah that cut shot had something about it didnt it?

usman_ash14 said:
finally a tall opener in Manzoor
and what is this.....a pakistani opener with decent temperament :O

Yeah i dont think we've ever had an opener around 6ft 2.

sending in YK has been a useless exercise, the likes of Fawad & sarfraz hav'nt been given a fair crack of the whip

ya
i was kinda tired of short left handed openers like farhat, butt, umar
look around the world tall openers are doing well
smith, hayden, jaffer, gayle,

WHY WOULD YOU SEND IN MISBAH??

Perfect, perfect chance to see Fawad/Sarfraz for a bit.. grr

Thats Khurram's half century.

Well played young man.

Easa said:
WHY WOULD YOU SEND IN MISBAH??

Perfect, perfect chance to see Fawad/Sarfraz for a bit.. grr

Im starting to lose my patience with Malik. What a crap captain he is, nothing but a ***** to try new guys....

Really sad to see a crap captain, hope he gets sacked sooner than later :12:

50 to Manzoor, great start to international cricket for another debutant. Hope we see more of this from him.

and now gone, bowled!

Fawad must be sent in now..

He should have been sent in at 3.. but better late than never :19:

145/3

usman_ash14 said:
ya
i was kinda tired of short left handed openers like farhat, butt, umar
look around the world tall openers are doing well
smith, hayden, jaffer, gayle,

I dont consider "height" as a parameter to performance, especially for a batsman. Actually the shorter guys have a lower cente of gravity and thus get into line with the ball much better and are lighter, thus have more nimble, sharper footwork than a taller guy would...Just look at Gavaskar, Langer or Sachin. However, the taller guys generally speaking exude more confidence and as an opener one needs extraordinary self confidence and belief to succeed. So that probably explains why the taller openers are dominating world cricket at the moment.

Last edited:
Back