Pakistani Americans & other Pakistanis - support team USA

rickroll

Tape Ball Star
Runs
Now that Pakistan is out of the tournament and our minds, I am curious what other team Pakistanis across the world will want to support.

My appeal to Pakistani Americans and other Pakistanis in general to support team USA for various reasons.

1. Team USA shows genuine heart and fight in the game.
2. Not a team of super stars and more relatable as every day people.
3. Definitely show more commitment to fighting than our PSL "Instagrammers".
4. Showed the aging IPL "supa-stars" that the US team should not be taken lightly.
5. Showed courage and fight in the game against South Africa even when chasing a daunting total.
6. People of different races, nationalities, and religions all getting along, being respectful to each other and playing as one unit (looking at you Babar, Rizwan, and Shaheen factions).

Maybe more positives that I cannot think of. I would urge people to support team USA for their next 2 games (realistically semi-final chance for them is difficult).

Bangladesh are expected to get knocked out this Saturday. LOL. They have Australia on Thursday and India on Saturday.

I may root for West Indies or Australia after that.
They are a very good bowling side just need to fix their batting a bit.

Are you expecting Imran Khan supporters to support the USA? 😳

Thank our political class for installing Biden just like Pakistan's political class installed those useless thieves. President Trump was a big fan of Imran Khan.

I've been cheering Pakistan from the start and I say that as a fan of Pakistan for 20 years and the US-born son of Pakistani immigrants. I did a project on the physics of cricket in my senior year physics class back in high school in 2006.

I've been cheering Pakistan from the start and I say that as a fan of Pakistan for 20 years and the US-born son of Pakistani immigrants. I did a project on the physics of cricket in my senior year physics class back in high school in 2006.

And what did you come up with einstein?

Nothing significant lol, I was in high school. I just wanted to explain cricket to a US audience and I got to do that. Learning a bit more about turn, bounce, and motion was a ton of fun.

And us audience understood you? Please dont tell me you explained about pak cricket team…if u do that now…everyone will just walk to the exits.

And why is that? If you say non cricketing reasons- I end my case. But if you say for cricketing reasons- then i for sure would disagree. Ban have been perennial underachievers for the past 25 yrs.. that's a long long time.
Even afg has been better than ban considering they have a much inferior cricketing support structure than ban.

Even afg has been better than ban considering they have a much inferior cricketing support structure than ban.
I think it has to do with the culture of sports and respect for manual hardwork. Bengal region had been the most luxuries rich part of sub continent in history. Somehow Bengalis suck at sports as a whole. Even in the worst region for sports in the world, the sub-contient, Bengali region turns out to be an underperformer.

It can be a separate thread, i think.

Normally, after an abysmal Pakistan performance my anger dies down in a couple of days.

It's the first time that my anger is increasing with each passing day that I see USA playing. The brain is saying that they deserved to go through as they beat us, but the heart cannot process this major loss. And cannot stand the fact that the players have wandered off into the sunset.

And why is that? If you say non cricketing reasons- I end my case. But if you say for cricketing reasons- then i for sure would disagree. Ban have been perennial underachievers for the past 25 yrs.. that's a long long time.
Non cricketing reasons.

USA are almost eliminated.

They needed to beat South Africa. That didn't happen.

Back