Pakistan's T20 World Cup 2024 XI vs Pakistan Fans' XI

mominsaigol

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Just like world cup 2023, it's time to redo Pakistan squad vs fan 11 for 2024 (Feel free to post your own fan 11's).

T20 World cup 11

1) Rizwan
2) Saim
3) Babar
4) Fakhar/ Usman
5) Shadab
6) Iftikhar Ahmed
7) Azam Khan (WK)
8) Imad Wasim/ Abrar(Abrar lower down the order if inad doesn't play)
9) Shaheen
10) Rauf
11) Naseem/ Abass/ Amir

Fan 11

1) Fakhar Zaman
2) Sharjeel Khan
3) Babar Azam/Saud Shakeel
4) Tayyab tahir
5) Salman Ali Agha
6) Imad Wasim (C)
7) Muhammad Haris (WK)
8) Shaheen Shah Afridi
9) Mohammad Ali
10) Amir
11) Abrar

12) Saud Shakeel/Babar Azam
13) Zafar Gohar
14) Usman Khan
15) Abass Afridi

Who wins and why?

Just like world cup 2023, it's time to redo Pakistan squad vs fan 11 for 2024 (Feel free to post your own fan 11's).

T20 World cup 11

1) Rizwan
2) Saim
3) Babar
4) Fakhar/ Usman
5) Shadab
6) Iftikhar Ahmed
7) Azam Khan (WK)
8) Imad Wasim/ Abrar(Abrar lower down the order if inad doesn't play)
9) Shaheen
10) Rauf
11) Naseem/ Abass/ Amir

Fan 11

1) Fakhar Zaman
2) Sharjeel Khan
3) Babar Azam/Saud Shakeel
4) Tayyab tahir
5) Salman Ali Agha
6) Imad Wasim (C)
7) Muhammad Haris (WK)
8) Shaheen Shah Afridi
9) Mohammad Ali
10) Amir
11) Abrar

12) Saud Shakeel/Babar Azam
13) Zafar Gohar
14) Usman Khan
15) Abass Afridi

Who wins and why?
Forgot to add

Reserves

1) Shabzada Farhan
2) Usman Tariq
3) Sarfraz Ahmed
4) Mir Hamza

1. Fakhar
2. Rizwan
3. Babar
4. Salman Agha
5. Iftikhar ( last chance )
6. Muhammad Haris
7. Imad
8. Abrar/ Naseem depending on conditions . Play Naseem in NYC
9. Afridi
10. Aamir / Muhammad Wasim
11. Haris Rauf / Abbas Afridi

1. Fakhar
2. Rizwan
3. Babar
4. Salman Agha
5. Iftikhar ( last chance )
6. Muhammad Haris
7. Imad
8. Abrar/ Naseem depending on conditions . Play Naseem in NYC
9. Afridi
10. Aamir / Muhammad Wasim
11. Haris Rauf / Abbas Afridi
Do you the squad you've chosen beats current Pakistan 11?

Do you the squad you've chosen beats current Pakistan 11?

i have been saying this for a long time. our current batting line up is designed to fail in case babar and Rizwan do not score. and this makes Babar and Rizwan look great. May be babar does that on purpose. but we have same exact problem we had in last t20 wc and that is non existent middle order filled with Bits and Pcs psl hacks

i have been saying this for a long time. our current batting line up is designed to fail in case babar and Rizwan do not score. and this makes Babar and Rizwan look great. May be babar does that on purpose. but we have same exact problem we had in last t20 wc and that is non existent middle order filled with Bits and Pcs psl hacks
Well the purpose of the fan 11 thread is usually to avoid any claims of we can only choose from kakul and I want people to express creative freedom.

Like for example theirs so many players in domestic, acc emerging cup, psl that are overlooked because their not in the Kakul group but hasebullah is. Or even in they are in kakul they ain't mainstay for example.

1) Abdullah Shafiq (decent psl but slow SR)

2) Saud shakeel (Suprisingly good psl with 141 sr and a better avg then rizwan)

3) Sharjeel Khan (Has been gun in the president cup)

4) Mehran mumtaz (I saw him in the acc emerging cup, he's good better then shadab 200%)

5) Zafar gohar and Usman tariq (Literally these 2 and abrar are the spin trio but ignored)

6) Tayyab tahir (Psl avg 42 and sr 152)(Best acc performer ironically saim ayub in that cup also failed lol)(Discardedfor no reason)

7) Salman Ali Agha (100x better than shadab)

8) Ahmed Shehzad (I don't like him but it's hard to deny he's been gun in domestic)

9) Mohammad Ali (His line and length is what makes him a solid bet)

10) Omair bin yousaf (Not for t20 but a gun odi and test prospect)

11) Shabzada Farhan (Okayish, but a t20 opener hasn't been in the greatest of form)

12) Haider Ali (again average but just worth mentioning)

13) Muhammad Haris (Wahab riaz be clowning)

14) Irfan Khan niazi (Again avg)

Theirs way way way more then these 13. Domestic is filled with talented lads who deserve psl and more emerging cup tours need to be scheduled and these players need to be called up atleast 3 to 5 of em.

This whole narrative of this was the best squad we could have chosen must stop, are you seriously telling me you couldn't find a better Allrounder then Shadab Khan IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY?

Well the purpose of the fan 11 thread is usually to avoid any claims of we can only choose from kakul and I want people to express creative freedom.

Like for example theirs so many players in domestic, acc emerging cup, psl that are overlooked because their not in the Kakul group but hasebullah is. Or even in they are in kakul they ain't mainstay for example.

1) Abdullah Shafiq (decent psl but slow SR)

2) Saud shakeel (Suprisingly good psl with 141 sr and a better avg then rizwan)

3) Sharjeel Khan (Has been gun in the president cup)

4) Mehran mumtaz (I saw him in the acc emerging cup, he's good better then shadab 200%)

5) Zafar gohar and Usman tariq (Literally these 2 and abrar are the spin trio but ignored)

6) Tayyab tahir (Psl avg 42 and sr 152)(Best acc performer ironically saim ayub in that cup also failed lol)(Discardedfor no reason)

7) Salman Ali Agha (100x better than shadab)

8) Ahmed Shehzad (I don't like him but it's hard to deny he's been gun in domestic)

9) Mohammad Ali (His line and length is what makes him a solid bet)

10) Omair bin yousaf (Not for t20 but a gun odi and test prospect)

11) Shabzada Farhan (Okayish, but a t20 opener hasn't been in the greatest of form)

12) Haider Ali (again average but just worth mentioning)

13) Muhammad Haris (Wahab riaz be clowning)

14) Irfan Khan niazi (Again avg)

Theirs way way way more then these 13. Domestic is filled with talented lads who deserve psl and more emerging cup tours need to be scheduled and these players need to be called up atleast 3 to 5 of em.

This whole narrative of this was the best squad we could have chosen must stop, are you seriously telling me you couldn't find a better Allrounder then Shadab Khan IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY?
i have to agree with you on this. but i was choosing best XI between the chosen ones. Tayyab Tahir , Saud Shakeel , Salman Agha and Mehran.. these 5 need to be in team. but that ship has sailed for this upcoming wc .. all the guys you mentioned except Ahmed Shehzad must be in our top 30 in country for next 5 years. we can rotate between them

i have to agree with you on this. but i was choosing best XI between the chosen ones. Tayyab Tahir , Saud Shakeel , Salman Agha and Mehran.. these 5 need to be in team. but that ship has sailed for this upcoming wc .. all the guys you mentioned except Ahmed Shehzad must be in our top 30 in country for next 5 years. we can rotate between them
Tayyab is a gun batter, He had 3 games against Afghanistan where he didn't perform and was discarded randomly but even in those games you could tell that guy laces pace with his bharangra shots and his footwork is solid against spin, he's way way better then usman khan.

Saud shakeel is a class act and only the pct clique is haphazardly jumping the gun due to a poor Australian test series because obviously babar is unquestionable. But saud is a free flow class act, he's literally the most innovative bat in Pakistan and can hit sixes too. He can be an English type malan player for Pakistan plus his test 200 was 🔥.

Agha has test class experience and is almost a natural against spin, he's a proper batter who can bowl part time much better then chacha and shadab. Those calling shadab and chacha lower order bats are beyond delusional, Like Hahahahaha. Chacha isn't a striker nor is sheddy a batter.

Mehran can be the perfect no 8 for Pakistan. Not only is he a good bowler, as a batsmen he's a wall, he can be pat Cummings as a batter, aka hold the line if a no 7 batsmen is on taking yhr charge. Pakistan has a beyond weak tail and this guy cam bridge it at no 8, plus he's much much better as a batsmen then shadab and nawaz and cam hit sixes as well.

It's why I advocate them. As for shehzad he deserves a boot, but I mentioned him cause to be fair to the guy he's performing exceptionally well but his ship sailed In 2015

Rizwan
Usman
Babar
Fakhar
Ifthikar
Azam
Imad
Shaheen
Amir
Haris
Abrar

Naseem
M Haris
Salman ali
Irfan Niazi

Sticking to those in the World Cup squad - I'd like Fakhar and Babar tried again as openers. Their recent entry points are so early they may as well open. Babar gets too tied down against spin in the middle overs.

Usman Khan's numbers show he's most suited to batting in the top 3 so he can follow with Rizwan at 4. Azam, Iftikhar and Imad in any order depending on the bowling. Then any four of Shaheen, Amir, Rauf, Naseem, Abbas and Abrar depending on form, fitness and conditions.

Whether mine or other fantasy XIs would make much difference is unlikely. The alternatives aren't a significant advance. Saud Shakeel, Abdullah Shafique and Tayyab Tahir have overall T20 SRs of 131, 131 and 132 respectively.

Ultimately what happened with our ODI team post-2007 is now happening to our T20 team - the format is evolving beyond our capabilities. A greater premium is being placed on explosive, high impact batsmen, but we're stuck in the era of 160-180 par totals. Last night West Indies played South Africa. Of the WI batters who played min. 10 balls the lowest SR was 161. SA in reply were 81-0 after 4.5 overs.

Despite talk of greater intent, we don't have the skills to execute it bar Fakhar, and nor a clear strategy to sustain it.

Tayyab is a gun batter, He had 3 games against Afghanistan where he didn't perform and was discarded randomly but even in those games you could tell that guy laces pace with his bharangra shots and his footwork is solid against spin, he's way way better then usman khan.

Saud shakeel is a class act and only the pct clique is haphazardly jumping the gun due to a poor Australian test series because obviously babar is unquestionable. But saud is a free flow class act, he's literally the most innovative bat in Pakistan and can hit sixes too. He can be an English type malan player for Pakistan plus his test 200 was 🔥.

Agha has test class experience and is almost a natural against spin, he's a proper batter who can bowl part time much better then chacha and shadab. Those calling shadab and chacha lower order bats are beyond delusional, Like Hahahahaha. Chacha isn't a striker nor is sheddy a batter.

Mehran can be the perfect no 8 for Pakistan. Not only is he a good bowler, as a batsmen he's a wall, he can be pat Cummings as a batter, aka hold the line if a no 7 batsmen is on taking yhr charge. Pakistan has a beyond weak tail and this guy cam bridge it at no 8, plus he's much much better as a batsmen then shadab and nawaz and cam hit sixes as well.

It's why I advocate them. As for shehzad he deserves a boot, but I mentioned him cause to be fair to the guy he's performing exceptionally well but his ship sailed In 2015
i was disappointed when Salman was nt included in squad of 15. i was hoping that there would be someone sensible in team’s think thank to advocate for him. As far Iftikhar , I cant remember when did he perform last time? he has had way too many chances and have gone under the radar of critics.. you can count the number of t20is played by Pakistan since Asia cup 2022. only match winning performance came against South Africa.. that too because RSA struggled with wet ball in sydney.. Miserably failed in cwc 2023.. then miserably failed in NZ t20 series.. last game we won because he bowled well but im talking about his actual role.. then against club cricketers of NZ he failed in all games .. against iteland too.. hr could nt even fiish not out when we needed only 20 odd runs.. i have no hopes from him. he talks like he is the gun though

1. Mohammad Harris
2. Abdullah Shafique
3. Babar Azam
4. Fakhar Zaman
5. Imad Wasim
6. Azam Khan (WK)
7. Iftikhar Ahmed
8. Shaheen Afridi
9. Haris Rauf
10. Mohammad Amir
11. Naseem Shah / Abrar Ahmed (Depending on conditions)

Babar gets too tied down against spin in the middle overs.
You can’t avoid this problem. There is just no solution to this.

Your basically suggesting Babar should face 10-12 balls more of pace by opening.

Any team loaded with 3 spinners won’t allow that to happen anyways, they will just bowl a spinner in the powerplay to him.

You can’t avoid this problem. There is just no solution to this.

Your basically suggesting Babar should face 10-12 balls more of pace by opening.

Any team loaded with 3 spinners won’t allow that to happen anyways, they will just bowl a spinner in the powerplay to him.
You're right. There isn't a solution to it except dropping Babar from the T20 side but we know that won't happen.

The fact Babar hasn't developed a good sweep shot after all these years of playing on low, slow wickets in Pakistan and UAE is another black mark against his record.

Pakistani batsmen used to bully spin. Now we're the ones getting bullied. Rashid, Hasaranga, Kuldeep etc have caused us no end of trouble.

Back