Panthers (328) defeat Dolphins (278) comfortably by 50 runs to register their first win of the Champions One-Day Cup 2024

Usman Khan isn't bad, however atm Kamran Ghulam, Haris, Saud Shakeel shpuld go ahead of him.

Usman isn't a good player of pace but if he improves he should defo be mainstream.

Haris so far seems to be the improved batter and malik coaching has helped him alot.

Ik it won't happen but I'd be happy to have saud as test cap and Haris as odi and t20 cap

Saud Shakeel dropped Usman Khan, who is currently batting at 54*, and it could be a costly drop.

tnfOmAS.png

Usman Khan isn't bad, however atm Kamran Ghulam, Haris, Saud Shakeel shpuld go ahead of him.

Usman isn't a good player of pace but if he improves he should defo be mainstream.

Haris so far seems to be the improved batter and malik coaching has helped him alot.

Ik it won't happen but I'd be happy to have saud as test cap and Haris as odi and t20 cap

For me in terms of preference: Suad, Usman, Kamran
Usman is Ok slower wickets. But I think he will get there if he is given the run that Saim Ayub has been given.

On Captaincy: I agree, but it seems that your boy Riz will be the next all-format captain

It’s a Karachi thing

Sarfaraz and Saud arguing but out of love

That’s how the real Gs communicate
Nah not suggesting anything about relationship between them. Just wondering what the process. Would ask the same if any other captain was mentor.

Sarfraz isn’t in the team today, but I kind of expect he probably just have his spot to someone else to let them have exposure.

Just feels like a weird system. Maybe it’s a situation you sometimes see in e-sports where the coach is part of the squad but chooses to not usually play, he’s just there in case he has to /injuries, otherwise he focuses on coaching.

For me in terms of preference: Suad, Usman, Kamran
Usman is Ok slower wickets. But I think he will get there if he is given the run that Saim Ayub has been given.

On Captaincy: I agree, but it seems that your boy Riz will be the next all-format captain
Riz ain't my boy brother, if he was he'd actually be a good cricketer

Not sure what this 37-38 year old Noman Ali is gonna bring to Pakistan in the future. He will be retiring soon...SUFYAN should have played here. .

Not sure what this 37-38 year old Noman Ali is gonna bring to Pakistan in the future. He will be retiring soon...SUFYAN should have played here. .
Rizwan shpuld also retire alongside Nouman. I don't see a future in this 32 year old

Usman has been quite lucky today, Saud dropped him on 52 (I think) and he was caught behind off Mir Hamza but wasn't given out.

PowerPlay Highlights

Saim has no command over his no-look shot. He puts himself in a deliberate disability by opting to not look at the ball to satisfy his ego. These no-look shots have costed him way too many times. "Mistake once is a mistake. Twice it is foolishness."

He should stop playing his no-look shot if he is serious about his career.

Saim has no command over his no-look shot. He puts himself in a deliberate disability by opting to not look at the ball to satisfy his ego. These no-look shots have costed him way too many times. "Mistake once is a mistake. Twice it is foolishness."

The worst shot that he plays to get out every now and then. He needs to learn and he is not learning atm.

Haider Ali going boom boom even though he's out of form.

Shows how crap of a spinner usman qadir is

Bhai a no look shot is just when you watch the ball on to your bat and then keep your head down. It's the epitomy of actually looking at the ball

Good decision by Shadab Khan to demote himself in the batting order, as it allowed proper batters to get an opportunity to perform.

Shah Faisal via commentary a few minutes ago:

"Usman Khan is in his 70s, everyone knows he is troubled by the short ball and yet Abbas Afridi and the Dolphins are not testing him."

Think Usman and Saim together should be opening. Very surprised they didn’t try this. Usman was the best bat of PSL, surely he should get a say where exactly he bats. Yet he seems to be move around everywhere PSL and international.

Would have been cool to see how Saim and Usman work together too as that could be our opening partnership in internationals at some point in the future.

Think Usman and Saim together should be opening. Very surprised they didn’t try this. Usman was the best bat of PSL, surely he should get a say where exactly he bats. Yet he seems to be move around everywhere PSL and international.

Would have been cool to see how Saim and Usman work together too as that could be our opening partnership in internationals at some point in the future.
No lol

Usman khan is terrible player who has already gotten way many chances in national team.

He should be nowhere national international cricket. He is not international quality.

By the looks of it, seems like a pretty poor tournament.

Barely much batters or bowlers coming through, after gettint humiliated by Bangladesh and with a test series round the corner against England, they're focusing on 50 over cricket.

Usman khan is terrible player who has already gotten way many chances in national team.

He should be nowhere national international cricket. He is not international quality.
But today he showed his mettle, and maybe one-day cricket is his format instead of T20.

Why would you play Qadir and Noman in the same team? That doesn’t make sense to me at all especially when it means you bench sameen gul.

But today he showed his mettle, and maybe one-day cricket is his format instead of T20.
No he showed Nothing.Here today against trundlers like mir Hamza and Abbas afridi and spinners like Usman qadir and buzurg noman ali.

He averages 14 in international cricket after Playing more than 10 matches.

He is not international quality he was sitting duck against international bowlers. He couldn't even face them properly. He was scared and timid and obviously he lacks skills.

They need to open together to keep Rizwan at 4

Samjha Kar bro
Usman has a gully stance but he's solid against spin.

He can't handle the early pace or seam movement. Saying he should open is suicide and will ruin his career.

Not every batter is good to be an opener. Shabzada farhan is a better bet at opening then Usman

Yeah I think Pakistani fc records are nothing to go by

Shan Masood has a List A average of 56.

Baqi aap sab siyane ho
Well he's barely played any cricket apart from T20 in the last 7 years so there's no sample size to go by.

Unless you want to focus on his T20 ability and go by that then do so by all means.

He was getting edgy in the 90s and couldn't do more than getting his first list A 100. For him, that's it he's done it.
But he is capable of going much more. This opportunity had 170-180 written all over it. It’s the only way you blow entitled players out of Pakistan cricket. You do something so big that everyone demands you be in the team

But he is capable of going much more. This opportunity had 170-180 written all over it. It’s the only way you blow entitled players out of Pakistan cricket. You do something so big that everyone demands you be in the team
He had reached his ceiling by getting his first 100 in List A, you expected him to get 60 more in the last 6.

All of Pakistan have an inherent cluelessness of how to approach a powerplay

It’s as if this was a part of the constitution of Pakistan when Lord Mountbatten was devising the partition

Hurraira seems technically sound, way better then Abdullah shafiq. However the question is, Can he loft?

Back