Parvez Rasool the next Indian spin talent?

relax bud ,I was just kidding ..its good you people are happy for him..maybe his success will inspire many others from the valley

Yup He is already inspiring people. His facebook page run by his friends is flooded by posts congratulating him and wishing him the best.
People were very disappointed when he wasn't given a chance in earlier ipl matches. Lets see how well he does next time :)

Let me reply to this nonsense of yours in a slightly different way.

"Parvez Rasool becomes first J&K cricketer to debut in IPL" - India Today

"IPL 2013: Parvez Rasool makes IPL debut, first from the valley" - Indian express

do the people who run these media also consider only muslims to be kashmiris?

And I dont need to tell anybody on this forum about who doesn't consider whom human. I know that sounded like a tongue twister but anyways.

So only people of Valley are KAshmiri?

No where it says he is First KAshmiri.As Poeple like Vivek Razdan and Raina have already played for India.

They are only saying that he is first J and K cricketer as Razdan played for Delhi and Raina for UP.

Regarding the part you quoted seems you have no idea about the incident.His bag had traces of explosives which is why he was detained.He himself accepted that that bag was used by his cousin to carry fire crackers.If he was being persecuted because he was a Kashmiri he wouldnt be released soon after and won be playing for India A and most likely for India soon.

Are Pandits not Kashmiri?Hell with news outlets,you as a Kashmiri should be proud of the fact that Kashimiris regardless of their religion has achieved something and should be sad that they had to go out of Kashmir to achieve that.

Last edited:
Yup He is already inspiring people. His facebook page run by his friends is flooded by posts congratulating him and wishing him the best.
People were very disappointed when he wasn't given a chance in earlier ipl matches. Lets see how well he does next time :)

btw any other promising cricketer from J&K ? what happened to abid nabi?

So only people of Valley are KAshmiri?

yes. different topic but Yup people of jammu are jammuites.

No where it says he is First KAshmiri.As Poeple like Vivek Razdan and Raina have already played for India.
They are only saying that he is first J and K cricketer as Razdan played for Delhi and Raina for UP.

i was saying the same thing. I used the word kashmiri in the sense that he is the first one to get selected while playing for J&K team. But you didnt find any trouble in putting your filthy allegations on me in particular and kashmiri muslims in general by saying we consider only muslims as kashmiris and dont count other humans. Trust me Its me who has not given u a befitting reply on that ,others from my side would have made it really unhealthy after that nonsense u posted.

Regarding the part you quoted seems you have no idea about the incident.His bag had traces of explosives which is why he was detained.He himself accepted that that bag was used by his cousin to carry fire crackers.If he was being persecuted because he was a Kashmiri he wouldnt be released soon after and won be playing for India A and most likely for India soon.
again a topic open for discussion but not on a cricket forum.
Are Pandits not Kashmiri?
yes they are
Hell with news outlets,you as a Kashmiri should be proud of the fact that Kashimiris regardless of their religion has achieved something
i am.
and should be sad that they had to go out of Kashmir to achieve that.

dont play the victim's card here. if you want to discuss why they left you can do it in the time pass section. Thanks.

btw any other promising cricketer from J&K ? what happened to abid nabi?

abid nabi was promising. I dnt know where he went after playing ICL. I heard He had clocked 145kmph on speed gun.dnt know if its true. He had stated IPL is just to make money but ICL promotes talent. Didnt go well for him.

He looks very atheletic, looks like a better prospect than overrated yousuf pathan. Hope he makes ways and would love to see him representing Team India :sachin

He is a off spinner in the Swann mode.Didnt see him bowling the doosra or the Carrom ball.

^ That's why its doubly good to see such a player coming to the national side.
Bishen singh bedi's association and his thumbs up for the lad also raises hopes.

A lot has happened in my life since i first posted in this thread and as a result, I say WELL DONE Parvez. I'm so proud of you!

^^ I sure do hope all what happened was for good :)
Still curious abt ur statement.

Very happy and excited,hope he makes it big and challenges Ashwin's position

Bad luck for him, Ashwin is a certainity and so is Sir Jadeja. Leaves not much chance for him.

But still a very nice prospect in the long run!

He has lots of praise from Bishen Singh Bedi

Bad luck for him, Ashwin is a certainity and so is Sir Jadeja. Leaves not much chance for him.

But still a very nice prospect in the long run!

He has lots of praise from Bishen Singh Bedi

he can be a good backup atleast.

I do hope hes picked ahead of Mishra in the XI in Zimbabwe

Jadeja is a star...Ashwin still has a long way to go... I hope rasool can challenge Ash's place..it will be good if we can find someone better than ashwin... however Rasool seems a batting all-rounder

oh next spin talent isnt even getting inclued in Dead rubber against minnows :facepalm:

should have played,whats the point of these tours if you are not gonna give chances to youngsters :facepalm:

i dont see india lacking in spinners or batsmen .. their must b better then him..
somewere i feel its all politics

i dont see india lacking in spinners or batsmen .. their must b better then him..
somewere i feel its all politics

have you seen him?he looks talented for sure.can bat so can be good option in ODIs

Really PAthetic stuff from Indian management, Rasool should have been playing :facepalm:

Disappointing...Dhoni would have definitely played him. Kohli does not want to drop Amit Mishra who is the highest wicket taker this series I guess.

He should have played.But i guess having a stand in captain,who may be afraid of losing a game to the minnows may be the reason.No doubt Rasool is good enough.

Even i was looking forward to Rasool's debut typical subcontinent mentality of persisting with the seniors

Rasool will get his chance, actually he could have played today instead of Jadeja who could have been rested rather than Mishra who is getting his chance after a long time as well.

Rasool is a good talent, he is an all rounder actually, slightly disappointing for him but I don't blame Kohli for not playing him, he is a stand in captain and he has given chance to other players like Mohit Sharma in place of non performing bowlers like Vinay Kumar, I think Kohli doesn't want to drop any f the performing spinners.

Rasool should have played today instead of Jadeja

Omar Abdullah J&K CM tweets

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Really disappointed that Parvez Rasool hasn't been given a game in Zimbabwe. Come on BCCI give the young man a chance to prove himself.</p>— Omar Abdullah (@abdullah_omar) <a href="https://twitter.com/abdullah_omar/statuses/362971490842443776">August 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Did you really have to take him all the way to Zimbabwe to demoralise him?? Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just do it at home??? <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Rasool&src=hash">#Rasool</a></p>— Omar Abdullah (@abdullah_omar) <a href="https://twitter.com/abdullah_omar/statuses/363557161311277057">August 3, 2013</a></blockquote>

I'd like to sed him against Sehwag in a domestic match.

Rasool should have played today instead of Jadeja

Omar Abdullah J&K CM tweets

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Really disappointed that Parvez Rasool hasn't been given a game in Zimbabwe. Come on BCCI give the young man a chance to prove himself.</p>— Omar Abdullah (@abdullah_omar) <a href="https://twitter.com/abdullah_omar/statuses/362971490842443776">August 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Did you really have to take him all the way to Zimbabwe to demoralise him?? Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just do it at home??? <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Rasool&src=hash">#Rasool</a></p>— Omar Abdullah (@abdullah_omar) <a href="https://twitter.com/abdullah_omar/statuses/363557161311277057">August 3, 2013</a></blockquote>

Lol, what the hell is this? stupid stuff from the CM.

What nonsense? just because he is from Kashmir he should get a game?

people like DK and others have been water boys all their life, And this hack should just come in?

^ how do you know hes a hack?I bet you haven't even watched him

Maybe he is injured ? Surely he would've gotten a game against the ZIMs otherwise.........

People did want him to play and see how he performs... The people of the valley will always support the player- Parvez Rasool.. However it will be interesting to see if they support India for Parvez ever... I dont know but I think this is all a political gimmick. Its not only me, a majority of people are of the same opinion.
I read somewhere about Abid Nabi. With all due respect, he was a good player, but I think at this point in time Samiullah is a star in the J&K team... Medium pace and a good batter

People did want him to play and see how he performs... The people of the valley will always support the player- Parvez Rasool.. However it will be interesting to see if they support India for Parvez ever... I dont know but I think this is all a political gimmick. Its not only me, a majority of people are of the same opinion.
I read somewhere about Abid Nabi. With all due respect, he was a good player, but I think at this point in time Samiullah is a star in the J&K team... Medium pace and a good batter

If this is a political gimmick, he would have played in this series.

What nonsense? just because he is from Kashmir he should get a game?

logic = fail

why did everybody else get a game but not him?

people like DK and others have been water boys all their life, And this hack should just come in?

uhmm thats because he is mediocre with the bat.

How did jaydev unadkat or whatever his name is get into the XI without performing the duties Of a waterboy?

Not saying that parvez is anything special but it left a bad taste when everybody else got a chance but not this guy.

logic = fail

why did everybody else get a game but not him?

uhmm thats because he is mediocre with the bat.

How did jaydev unadkat or whatever his name is get into the XI without performing the duties Of a waterboy?

Not saying that parvez is anything special but it left a bad taste when everybody else got a chance but not this guy.

Read kohli's interview about it. how can some1 just get in, Just because he is from certain community or State? Unadkat is trundler n rasool is spinner.:danish

:6

Harbie hit him for 36 in 8 balls.

^^ is it a real Ranji game or some mickey mouse match?

If it is real match, then it should be pretty bad for Rasool.

Approaching century now!
Good Luck to Rasool ...

He is 101*

Well done lad :)

Last edited:
Story of an Indian bowler. We don't want the runs. :danish

I think Parvez is more like a Pakistani cricketer- bits and pieces.

Now gets a 5/58 in 2nd innings. Gets Harby for a duck. He also gets the wicket of Yuvi.

LOL @ everyone saying he is a bits and pieces player. He is lot more than that.

Surely he deserves a chance after getting 5'fers with the ball and scoring a century with the bat.

Shouldn't play Test cricket for India imo. Offies will always struggle abroad unless you are special :ajmal and we have ashwin for asian conditions

Shouldn't play Test cricket for India imo. Offies will always struggle abroad unless you are special :ajmal and we have ashwin for asian conditions

He could be used as an all rounder. Or at least as a back up for Ashwin and Jaddu on spin friendly pitches in case our first choice bowlers get injured.

I like how you said our offies struggle abroad. As if our Phast Trundlers are setting the world on fire in SA, Aus and England.

I would take Rasool over players like Ishant who looks pathetic anywhere in the world and Rohit who is clueless outside India.

At least I know Rasool can also score those 10-20 runs like Rohit and probably provide better support to our main bowlers unlike Ishant.

He could be used as an all rounder. Or at least as a back up for Ashwin and Jaddu on spin friendly pitches in case our first choice bowlers get injured.

I like how you said our offies struggle abroad. As if our Phast Trundlers are setting the world on fire in SA, Aus and England.

I would take Rasool over players like Ishant who looks pathetic anywhere in the world and Rohit who is clueless outside India.

At least I know Rasool can also score those 10-20 runs like Rohit and probably provide better support to our main bowlers unlike Ishant.

Then we should do our level best to find pacers who do well rather than put our hopes on an offie when the best offie in the world had struggled in places like Australia :murali. We can play maximum 1 spinner abroad and Rasool is not even the best spinner in the country. At home unless one of Ashwin or Jadeja are injured, he should not be played.

At home unless one of Ashwin or Jadeja are injured, he should not be played.

I personally think that Ojha is the best from India. Don't know why he doesn't get games. I will have him before Jadeja and Ashwin as a spinner on most wickets. He is an aggressive spin bowler who looks for wickets. Observation is simply based on how he bowls to top order batsmen. I haven't checked any stats here.

I personally think that Ojha is the best from India. Don't know why he doesn't get games. I will have him before Jadeja and Ashwin as a spinner on most wickets. He is an aggressive spin bowler who looks for wickets. Observation is simply based on how he bowls to top order batsmen. I haven't checked any stats here.

After that series against Australia and the Test in SA, I don't see Jadeja being dropped for Ojha to be honest. Unless we opt for 2 SLA's and drop Ashwin but that is highly unlikely

Rasool is surely deserving of a place, he'll push Jadeja and Ashwin really hard, Dhoni has this habit of sticking to his favorite players and he keeps others out.

Playing for Hyderabad today. Has bowled well so far (bowled both his overs in the pp as well).

Action looked like Mohd Hafeez's.. Well, not really comparing them, but Rasool has a long way to go. He has age on his side.

India cricketer Parvez Rasool has been accused of stealing a roller by Jammu & Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA) and been warned of police action if he fails to return the machinery. Rasool, on his part, has shot off a reply denying the allegation and asking the board if this is the way to treat an international cricketer.

According to a report in The Indian Express, BJP spokesperson Brigadier (retd) Anil Gupta who is part of a sub-committee that runs JKCA, has said the matter is being blown out of proportion and that the notice was sent to Rasool only because the cricketer’s name is in their register for his district and in the absence of mailing addresses of all the district associations, the wrote to him.

“We have not only written to Parvez Rasool but to all district associations and whosoever has taken JKCA machinery from Srinagar," Gupta was quoted as saying by the English daily.

“Machinery was distributed at district associations without any vouchers. In many districts where we don’t have a mailing address, the letter was sent to the concerned person whose name was registered with us. He (Rasool) took offence to why the mail was written to him," he added.

Addressed to Rasool, the JKCA letter reads, “You are holding machinery of JKCA… Before taking any harsh step in the direction which may include inviting police action for breach of trust and in order to maintain cordial relationship, you are directed to immediately return all machinery within one week failing which JKCA will be free to take action."

Gupta explained the reason behind sending the notices.

“We did this because we want to prepare an audit report, a ledger book needs to be maintained. There is hardly any book maintained here over the years. So when we took over after the court’s order, we saw that these machinery are not being found," Gupta said.

However, a stung Rasool, who has played an ODI and a T20I for India, wrote to JKCA asking them to instead question its “affiliated bodies in the various districts rather than him.

“This is to inform you that I Parvez Rasool first international cricketer have represented my country and also played in IPL, Duleep Trophy, Deodhar trophy, India A, Board president XI, Irani Trophy, captained the J&K Ranji team from last 6 years and only cricketer from J&K who got best all-rounder award from BCCI 2 times. Today I got a letter stating that I have taken roller from JKCA which is really unfortunate… Let me clarify that I haven’t taken any roller or machine from JKCA. I am a player who is playing cricket," Rasool wrote.

“I just want to ask is this the way to treat international cricketer who has given life and soul to J&K cricket. You have an affiliated body in all districts; you should ask them for any JKCA equipment if present in their districts rather than me," he added.

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/...a-accuses-him-of-stealing-roller-4106426.html

Back