PCB deny reports of infighting within the Pakistan team

I saw Rizwan helping one of the Afghanistan players with his cramping. I mean who would actually do that for your opposition. Do you think he would do that for an Indian player? On the field there are no friends. We just didn't have attitude of wanting to win today. Was it because they're too friendly with Afghanistan?
Babar asked for kohli's t shirt after a humiliated defeat by india

You know what really gets me furious about these cliques, etc.? Two things:

1) Why is it ALWAYS during a global tournament? Like, actually though? Why can't they fight and figure it out during a bilateral bash or something? Do they just save it to compound their humiliation in front of the world?

2) More importantly, I'm fine with there being dissension against Babar. I think he knows his time is up. But who in the hell do people like Shadab, Imam, Hassan, etc. think they are to take sides, show dissatisfaction, etc.!!! You wouldn't fit in the 15 man team of any other nation, take a hint FFS!!! Like, where do these clowns get off...

Clown show, top to bottom.

P.S. Rizwan. If you're going to show displeasure with Babar openly about not taking a review, then make sure that the batsman was actually out...See clown show comment above.
Great points here.

Remove anyone who is causing locker room drama and never let them in the team again. The decision for who is captain should be made by upper management, not for players to cause drama in the locker room and turn against their leader in the middle of a tournament.

I think the story must be fake, this lot don't look capable of fighting anyone, not even themselves

Talked trash about us when we lost against Zimbabwe last year, and then we almost won the t20 WC after that

We just need to win the remaining 4 games. Those same opponents we beat in 2019 as well, with a much weaker team that was thrashed by West Indies

Once we are mathematically or logically out of the tournament, then such criticism looks valid

Right now, we are pretty much in the tournament and will win the remaining 4 games and qualify for semis InshAllah

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove anyone who is causing locker room drama and never let them in the team again. The decision for who is captain should be made by upper management, not for players to cause drama in the locker room and turn against their leader in the middle of a tournament.

The first sensible post on this thread

The upper and lower management needs to be sacked too

The upper and lower management needs to be sacked too
I’m okay with that, but hierarchy structures exist in organizations for a reason. The players should be listening to the captain, the captain should be listening to the coach, etc.

Once the relevant committee decides on a captain, players should obey that captain until he’s sacked and a different captain is there.

What about Shaheen Captain in Test & ODI, Saud deputy. Shadab retires from Test, available but not regular, rather is played selectively in ODI but leads in T20 (With Shaheen deputy).

Or simply Shaheen Captain in three formats, Saud deputy in Test/ODI; Shadab in T20.

But I guess, next in line is Imam for longer two formats.

In 2022, KK were led by Babar. KK finished bottom, winning 1 and lost 9 out of their 10 games.

In 2023, KK had to boot out Babar because they realised he was being selfish by refusing to bat at 3 and also they clocked on to the fact that he was playing for his milestones as well. Babar moved to PZ and Imad became captain of KK.

Despite being weaker in the batting department after the loss of Babar, under Imad, KK managed to win 3 games out of their 10 games and move one place in the table. They lost a lot of close games which they should've won.

KK are heading in the right direction under Imad's leadership and I'm confident they will win at least 5 games next year.

@Rana
Wow, what a turnaround.

You would think Imad won his team a World Cup with all the build up in your post.

3 wins out of 10, move on place up in the table. Seriously?

Imad’s captaincy was awful in the last PSL edition. You could have come up with much better examples of downplaying Babar’s captaincy.

The Pakistan Cricket Board strongly denies recent speculations about any internal discord in the national cricket team currently participating in the ICC World Cup 2023.

Contrary to rumours circulated by a certain section of the media, the PCB unequivocally assures that the team is cohesive and there is no evidence to support these unsubstantiated claims.

The PCB is disappointed by the dissemination of this false news and emphasises the importance of upholding journalistic ethics before spreading such allegations.
Its a Yari Dosti team , so there is no internal discord in the team.

Since when talk started to make SSA captain in place of Babar, there is a rift between SSA and Babar… yesterday that rift was very viable on ground, everyone saw it on TV…. SSA spoke angrily on something with Riz and shadab, he didn’t give any importance to Babar….. when Hasan Ali got 2nd afghan wkt, Babar should have called his main strike bowler i.e. Afridi, but Babar avoided it and he called him in end overs… Babar wanted afghan batsmen to score victory run on SSA bowling

I saw Rizwan helping one of the Afghanistan players with his cramping. I mean who would actually do that for your opposition. Do you think he would do that for an Indian player? On the field there are no friends. We just didn't have attitude of wanting to win today. Was it because they're too friendly with Afghanistan?
Rizwan knows all about "cramping"

Won't work as management in PCB doesn't tend to last as long as the captain.

Infighting shouldn't be allowed. Management picks a captain and everyone has to play under him.

Having said this, Babar is simply a poor captain. A very high probability that any replacement will be better. Replacement does not need to to do much better to surpass what Babar is doing.

In 2022, KK were led by Babar. KK finished bottom, winning 1 and lost 9 out of their 10 games.

In 2023, KK had to boot out Babar because they realised he was being selfish by refusing to bat at 3 and also they clocked on to the fact that he was playing for his milestones as well. Babar moved to PZ and Imad became captain of KK.

Despite being weaker in the batting department after the loss of Babar, under Imad, KK managed to win 3 games out of their 10 games and move one place in the table. They lost a lot of close games which they should've won.

KK are heading in the right direction under Imad's leadership and I'm confident they will win at least 5 games next year.

@Rana

Naw, imad shouldn't be captain. I've already said muhammad haris should be captain.

He literally won you the acc emerging cup, he clearly is the type to play for the team by giving himself the no 7 slot in the tournament and letting saim open with full freedom and in terms of field settings he's beyond attacking.

All the hack hack nonsense, he isn't groomed yet. Literally give him the emerging acc team with just a few minor additions like saud added. (Babar shpuld be given one last go but not as a captain, as a player one last go, and he shpud respectfully do what mickey told him to do ages ago, Bat at no 3 in all formats including t20. No more milestones nonsense)

Haris knows how to captain and he always wants aggressive players. Omair bin aziz was also aggressive in the tournament. Pak was easily scoring 300+ in that tournament and their wasn't any taking the game deep nonsense. One thing that pur acc emerging team did that our main team can't. That's consistently hit sixes in the first power play 😂😂.

I saw the whole tournament and that tournament made me more exicited then any of this nonsense that's going on.

Under haris this team may get thrashed initially, cause its 2nd string bit they'll all become world class after a long run because haris, Saim ayub, Tayyab Tahir, omair bin aziz etc aren't spineless bats. They play for the team.

If Rizwan becomes your captain, expect your DRS reviews to be exhausted within the first couple of overs 😂

Rizwan himself culprit to conspire against his own captain

Its high time PCB should investigate whole thing and they strip of Babar captaincy and as a player in LOI but put 10 years ban to Rizwan and Afridi for conspiring against team for their personal gain.

@Rana
Usually you make good points. But Imad is the same class of player as Shadab, a bits-and-pieces player. I wanted him to be in the squad of 15 in place of agha as well but thats the maximum to it. You are talking about his captaincy as if hes some legendary leader. Pipe down.

Naw, imad shouldn't be captain. I've already said muhammad haris should be captain.

He literally won you the acc emerging cup, he clearly is the type to play for the team by giving himself the no 7 slot in the tournament and letting saim open with full freedom and in terms of field settings he's beyond attacking.

All the hack hack nonsense, he isn't groomed yet. Literally give him the emerging acc team with just a few minor additions like saud added. (Babar shpuld be given one last go but not as a captain, as a player one last go, and he shpud respectfully do what mickey told him to do ages ago, Bat at no 3 in all formats including t20. No more milestones nonsense)

Haris knows how to captain and he always wants aggressive players. Omair bin aziz was also aggressive in the tournament. Pak was easily scoring 300+ in that tournament and their wasn't any taking the game deep nonsense. One thing that pur acc emerging team did that our main team can't. That's consistently hit sixes in the first power play 😂😂.

I saw the whole tournament and that tournament made me more exicited then any of this nonsense that's going on.

Under haris this team may get thrashed initially, cause its 2nd string bit they'll all become world class after a long run because haris, Saim ayub, Tayyab Tahir, omair bin aziz etc aren't spineless bats. They play for the team.
We won the ACC emerging cup despite Haris being captain, and not because of him. People like you need to see cricket beyond score sheets (which for Haris wasnt good at all either in the tournament lol)

What about Shaheen Captain in Test & ODI, Saud deputy. Shadab retires from Test, available but not regular, rather is played selectively in ODI but leads in T20 (With Shaheen deputy).

Or simply Shaheen Captain in three formats, Saud deputy in Test/ODI; Shadab in T20.

Shaheen & Rizwan should be hand over 10+ years ban if he was from Aus/NZ/Ind/Eng/SA for creating rift

Usually you make good point.But Imad is the same class of player as Shadab, a bits and pieces player. I wanted him to be in the squad of 15 in place of agha as well but thats the maximum to it. You are talking about his captaincy as if hes some legendary leader. Pipe down.

Imad ODIs:
Innings:40
Not Outs:17
Aggregate:986
Highest Score:63*
Average:42.87

Shadab ODIs:
Innings:42
Not Outs:11
Aggregate:808
Highest Score:86
Average:26.06

Shaheen to be an all format captain with Abdullah being his all format deputy. Shaheen to not play in B/C/Zimbabwe level series but he to have veto power over squad selection so Abdullah doesnt forget his place. Thats the best way. You can replace Abdullah with Saud but the people in the know should know who to groom for future captain role.

Imad ODIs:
Innings:40
Not Outs:17
Aggregate:986
Highest Score:63*
Average:42.87

Shadab ODIs:
Innings:42
Not Outs:11
Aggregate:808
Highest Score:86
Average:26.06

Whats his bowling average? And whats the non minnow average? I am of the opinion by the way that Imad is a better batsman than Shadab and Agha. Thats why in the squad selection thread, i called that a miss. But even with these stats he is not a permanent starter in the team and hence cannot be made captain. My response to topspin was more inline about his captaincy, and not his individual skills.

We won the ACC emerging cup despite Haris being captain, and not because of him. People like you need to see cricket beyond score sheets (which for Haris wasnt good at all either in the tournament lol)
I saw the whole cup and saw how he captained. I can confidently say people like me know what their talking about

Nice one creating rift by making random accusations and rumours
I said if its true!!!! Any board will do that. Will you keep any worker conspiring behind you to fall? Or as a employer will you reward him for conspiring

I really fail to understand what captaincy skills Pakistani fans have seen in Rizwan & Shaheen. International cricket is not PSL, here you need a player who can lead from front by fully focussing on the game, performing in big matches, doesn't hype individual performances, knows the art of man management and have no non sense approach against loud mouthed players & chokers, someone who is not agenda driven. As far as Rizwan is concerned his focus is not fully on cricket, and am afraid he will take the team to another Saeed Anwar & Inzamam's era and there will be more groupism. Shaheen cannot keep himself 100% fit, plus he is following footsteps of his father in law who was always a loose cannon. PCB invested 4 years in Babar and he failed, now they should be more vigilant before finalizing the next capacity. Honestly there are very few good options available currently but certainly not Rizwan & Shaheen
Do you think that there is a player in Pakistan who can lead better than Babar. Whoever is the captain now, the end result will be same unless you have two good spinners, two strong middle order batsmen. Your Ifthikar, Shadab, Nawaz cannot be considered as middle order. Once the top 3 batsmen are down, Pakistan dont have any rearguard action, which was same some time back with India also. Fortunately, India covered that gap just in time with Rahul, Shreyas, Hardik, Jadeja. At least two of them will definitely rescue the team if the top order collapse. In case of Pakistan, generally it is observed that the top order is OK and it is the middle order which is creating problems and while bowling, no proper spinner to control the run rate. Shadab, Nawaz or Ifthikar are half spinners and you cannot rely on them. So BABAR cannot be the only reson for Pakistan's failure and he is very good talented batsman and don't kill his career.

Clearly the almost incestuous sharing of one manager, agents etc has destroyed the dressing room. The friends have started to hate each other and the team culture has been completely poisoned. And the PCB is responsible for this. Overall a disgrace and a national shame.
This is why you shouldn't mix business with pleasure at the end of the day if you fall out things will get mucky

He's bang on the money. There was only one player who was genuine captaincy material in white ball cricket for Pakistan and it was Imad. I've been saying since 2019, that he should've taken over from Sarfraz right after the 2019 WC. His skills with the ball and bat might be 6/10 but he leads by example with his elite mentality and self-belief to overcome his opponent with bat and ball in hand which makes him stand out from the meek timid kittens you find in the Pakistan team.

Babar's is a timid person. He's no leader of men and should've never have been in the running for captain of Pakistan cricket.

Imad is not especially skilful with either the bat or ball, but he's a far better batsman than Nawaz, and his bowling is underrated. I used to be very critical of his lack of spin, but over time he proved me wrong. Even when batsmen know he bowls mostly arm balls, he's very crafty with his line and flight and he doesn't get murdered that often. Plus he actually has some backbone, he doesn't wilt under pressure like Nawaz does.

We cling to things like infighting and conspiracies to give us comfort.

We need to get rid of these gossipy teenager mentality. One minute the players are blasted for being best friends, the next they are blasted for being enemies.

Looking at the listless Pakistan team on the field, I find it hard to believe they possess the skills to fight even in the dressing room.

We basically only won because an uncle came and smacked around Indian kids.

The whole tournament was an embarrassment really, it shouldn't be used a yardstick for future planning.

Most likely Shaheen, Rizwan .... will get lifetime ban for grouping
Neither Shaheen nor Rizwan deserve captaincy. PCB should sent strict warning to all those players who are dreaming of captaincy by showing dissatisfaction with their own captain during such an important tournament like WC and creating groupism in the team. Even if the reports are 1% true, all involved players must be booted out no matter how they have performed. We shouldn't go back to those old days when everyone in the team was dying to get captaincy by creating groupism, oathgate etc. I have thousands of issues with Babar but showing on field dipleasure & conspiring against own captain for personal ambitions without own performances is criminal mindset.

The Virat Kohli and KL Rahul partnership in Colombo burst the bubble of this team. It was the beginning of the end for this generation.
So no more Pakistan cricket for few Decades? ICC will ban our Cricket like S Africa?

I think their was infighting, they just don't want to admit it.

Conflict of interest is never a good thing in sport.

Talked trash about us when we lost against Zimbabwe last year, and then we almost won the t20 WC after that

We just need to win the remaining 4 games. Those same opponents we beat in 2019 as well, with a much weaker team that was thrashed by West Indies

Once we are mathematically or logically out of the tournament, then such criticism looks valid

Right now, we are pretty much in the tournament and will win the remaining 4 games and qualify for semis InshAllah
Don't compare T20s with ODI cricket. T20 is all luck dependent. Few hits here and there and whole match changes.

India won from nowhere at MCG and Pakistan reached final from nowhere. That's T20 for you.

ODIs are like mini Test match. They require different skillsets that Pakistan is lacking right now.

Wow, what a turnaround.

You would think Imad won his team a World Cup with all the build up in your post.

3 wins out of 10, move on place up in the table. Seriously?

Imad’s captaincy was awful in the last PSL edition. You could have come up with much better examples of downplaying Babar’s captaincy.

KK's batting was significantly weakened because they had to let Babar go as he was unwilling to cooperate with the management and he was also unwilling to put the team's interest first.

They are a team in transition. Next year I expect them to win at least 5 games. The days of losing 9 games out of 10 are now over because they've moved on from Babar.

Bro there's more chance of us making the semis of this WC than the PCB giving a 22 year old the captaincy. Pakistan cricket has a toxic seniority culture so there's no point in even contemplating this.

If he's genuinely captain material, at the very earliest he could become captain is after the 2027 ODI WC (if it takes place).

Imad would be going at 10+ runs an over on these pitches game after game.

He cannot turn the ball an inch and he will be deposited into the stands at least once every power.

Better batsman than Shadab and Nawaz but he is not going to be a difference maker anyway. Pakistan haven’t lost any game that they wouldn’t have with his inclusion.

This drama over his so-called great leadership will also end in tears.

He cannot turn the ball an inch and he will be deposited into the stands at least once every power.

Better batsman than Shadab and Nawaz but he is not going to be a difference maker anyway. Pakistan haven’t lost any game that they wouldn’t have with his inclusion.

i agree with this.

people make imad as if he is the next warne.

Imad and Nawaz are basically the same thing.

Bro there's more chance of us making the semis of this WC than the PCB giving a 22 year old the captaincy. Pakistan cricket has a toxic seniority culture so there's no point in even contemplating this.

If he's genuinely captain material, at the very earliest he could become captain is after the 2027 ODI WC (if it takes place).
I'm well aware what will happen. Rizwan will be made captain after this 100% so their is no point asking imad waseem to be captain either.

People don't understand, it takes years and years to build a team. NZ sent d teams against us and guess what happened? Mitchell and Chapman became serious good finds.

Under haris we will lose amd get smacked a bit but eventually we will become world class.

We don't need this experience nonsense drama or this best player shpuld be captain drama. We need fresh blood, and blood that plays for the team under a captain who plays for the team and play attacking cricket and isn't like rizzu who's a Crybaby wah wah I wanna play at no 4.

How many times have we introduced fresh blood and that blood ends up working? Fakhar replacing shehzad in 2017, Sarfi replacing jamshed in 2015? It's just this is the first time it hasn't worked because saud isn't playing in position and Abdullah is too too inexperienced and another babar friend who has a love affair with his technique. If we had abrar you would see the extreme difference between a fresh blood like him over our so called experienced sheddy and nawaz blood.

The whole problem lies in our management that have turned the players like this.

1) Averages being rewarded over match winning games, best example being babar scoring a century but losing it against Australia D string lol.

2) People playing for themselves rather then the team aka rizzu being the best example.

3) No one seeing anything wrong with their outdated approach and defending it case in point being imam thinking the way he bats is perfect and adopting a zero growth mindset. I saw the guy practising in the nets on yt. He wasn't practising, He was playing that same shot he gets out at over and over. That's not practise 😂😂. Watch kohli's practise in nets at 2013 after his humiliating pakistan series. He was making sure to practise that outswing and inswing, its why shaheen inswing doesn't bother him anymore. That's what you call practise.

4) Dosti yaari culture causing delusions. Aka babar stating sheddy and nawaz were his best Asia cup bowlers but shoving zaman Khan under the bus, even though zaman is a newbie expected to play in a semi final stage haphazardly. Have you ever seen India do that? Have you ever seen them say, ik dhawan isn't performing and fizzing out but hey remember 10 years ago how he was man of the tournament? So yh he shpuld defo play cause he is our friend, Gill shpuld get the boot cause he not my friend.

Their posters here who are overly critical with this talent nonsense and bowing down to Indian overlords and then their posters like saqib and Technics who at this point I believe are imam ul haq and rizwan in disguise who see nothing wrong.

I've said it before, Talent is a myth, no one is naturally born with the ability to randomly become Gill, Kohli, Rohit. Rohit was a failure, kohli in 2008 was beyond clueless against inswing, outswing and legspin, Gill had zero footwork and was a bunny.

They improved by getting out of their comfort zones, developing shots and in net practise asking to be bowled the deliveries they keep and keep struggling with over and over and developing shots, seeing what works and what doesn't. Rohit being a bunny against swing and not being aggressive enough was what people use to call him, yet not he's an atg at opening where it swings the most and he's beyond aggressive, that's what you call getting out of your comfort zone. Not imam who plays the same comfort zone shot over and over, which is nudging the ball on the backfoot 24/7 against spin, or that backfoot nudge and front foot cut or drive against fast 24/7. 5 years and this guy has developed the ability or even tried the ability for a lofted stroke or PLAYING A GOD DAMN PULL.

Haris will succeed assuming the management isn't brainless and has the same attacking mindset that haris and saim ayub have. If you make haris captain but the mangament is the same as is now, then he's also going the babar route.

I am surprised that their is so much discourse between good posters about who should be appointed as captain when the answer is pretty simple; Sarfraz with Imad as his deputy

1. The culture of Dosti Yaari will be thrown out the door
2. Sarfraz as captain ensures no Rizwan and thus no playing other batsmen out of position
3. Imad as VC means he'll be our go to all rounder and that'll close the door on Shadab and Nawaz
4. Sarfraz's intensity will mean that fielders will be on their feet and our guys will strike for improvement non stop

Honestly it's an easy decision

I am surprised that their is so much discourse between good posters about who should be appointed as captain when the answer is pretty simple; Sarfraz with Imad as his deputy

1. The culture of Dosti Yaari will be thrown out the door
2. Sarfraz as captain ensures no Rizwan and thus no playing other batsmen out of position
3. Imad as VC means he'll be our go to all rounder and that'll close the door on Shadab and Nawaz
4. Sarfraz's intensity will mean that fielders will be on their feet and our guys will strike for improvement non stop

Honestly it's an easy decision
He is a washed up cricketer, who we need to move on from. Sarfraz's got humiliated quite badly by the 9th placed team in the 2019 World Cup, us waqt ye sab baatein kidher thi?

Are you a paid shill of Sarfraz?

He is a washed up cricketer, who we need to move on from. Sarfraz's got humiliated quite badly by the 9th placed team in the 2019 World Cup, us waqt ye sab baatein kidher thi?

Yes, pretty amazed people are still talking about Sarfaraz, he was finished a good few years back wasn't he?

Lies, lies and more lies

Imad is a far superior batsman than Nawaz. He has far more game awareness than Nawaz also.
what far superior? Your judgement is based upon his interviews etc, not once have i ever seen you write about how the person plays.

Imad is just another Nawaz

Yes, pretty amazed people are still talking about Sarfaraz, he was finished a good few years back wasn't he?
This is the problem with Pakistan and it’s fans, it’s all agenda based nonsense.

There’s a certain toxic journalist on television right now, who has gained so much traction from this loss, he is enjoying this quite a bit and just ripping apart the players. That individual wants Amir and Imad to come back, and hence Babar is his main target.

Babar is a rubbish captain, no doubt it, but to blame him for everything that’s going wrong here is unfair.

what far superior? Your judgement is based upon his interviews etc, not once have i ever seen you write about how the person plays.

Imad is just another Nawaz
I would advise that you tone down.

You’ve been at the forefront to defend Misbah’s pathetic decisions here. The results of those pathetic decisions are now for all to see.

You don’t understand cricket, at least modern white ball cricket.

I would advise that you tone down.

You’ve been at the forefront to defend Misbah’s pathetic decisions here. The results of those pathetic decisions are now for all to see.

You don’t understand cricket, at least modern white ball cricket.
says the guy who thinks imad wasim is the savior :facepalm:

says the guy who thinks imad wasim is the savior :facepalm:
Major

Stick to what you are good at. You are good at crying about non cricketing things such as floodlights turning off mid game and Indian hospitality issues.

That’s what you are an expert at. Leave cricketing matters, you are too far away from todays cricket

While Rizwan can have zero game awareness at times in the firld he is still better than current Sarfaraz, PCT fans are weirdest they are not asking for captaincy change but for a captain and vice captain that have not even been selected in the current squad.

While Rizwan can have zero game awareness at times in the firld he is still better than current Sarfaraz, PCT fans are weirdest they are not asking for captaincy change but for a captain and vice captain that have not even been selected in the current squad.
What are you on about? How is Rizwan a better captain than Sarfaraz? Based on what?

What are you on about? How is Rizwan a better captain than Sarfaraz? Based on what?
Rizwan is a better player than Sarfaraz.Just to get Sarfaraz to captain are you planning to chuck Rizwan out?

Right. Imad is also another mediocre player with fake aggression. He is no better than Shadab, Nawaz or any other spinner. Same is the case with Naseem Shah. Some Pakistan fans are in delusion that he would have made the difference

Major

Stick to what you are good at. You are good at crying about non cricketing things such as floodlights turning off mid game and Indian hospitality issues.

That’s what you are an expert at. Leave cricketing matters, you are too far away from todays cricket
its so funny how some of you see yourself soo highly.

yet come up with lines like rizwan should be dropped because you loved sarfraz or imad is superior.

Are you a paid shill of Sarfraz?

Washed up cricketer? Just a few months ago he was our top scorer in the NZ test series and saved us from another drubbing at home so i don't know what you mean by washed up cricketer

In tests he easily merits a spot and if he is in the team the best way to make use of him is as captain. His leadership skills are second to none in Pakistan and with the right resources we can begin the uphill recovery from rock bottom

Also in that same tournament he took us to 5th on the ladder and was robbed of a semi final place because of rain. Under Babar it looks like he'll take us to 7th and that is if we are lucky

umm maybe based on the fact that Rizwan as captain has taken his team to 3 consecutive PSL finals whereas Sarfraz has failed to qualify for the play offs for the last four years

Really can't put my finger on it can I :unsure:

umm maybe based on the fact that Rizwan as captain has taken his team to 3 consecutive PSL finals whereas Sarfraz has failed to qualify for the play offs for the last four years

Really can't put my finger on it can I :unsure:
Right, PSL captaincy is the guide?

So tell me, when is Tim David, David Miller, Kieron Pollard and Riley Russouw applying for Pakistani nationality? So that they can represent the great captain Muhammad Rizwan?

yet come up with lines like rizwan should be dropped because you loved sarfraz or imad is superior.
Ibrahim Zadran dedicated his motm to Afghan refugees. This is your field of expertise. Create an issue out of it.

This "Babar Azam's lack of Involvement as captain on field. Here are the instances and a bit light on visible rift as well. Long read -At the end of the 32nd over, Usama Mir joined the huddle of Iftikhar Ahmad, Shadab Khan and Mohammad Rizwan as they got involved in a serious, long and animated discussion. Babar was not part of it. - The 12th Player, Salman Agha, was bringing in messages from the dressing room but the on-field leadership looked divided. He did not not whom to deliver the message. Babar Azam clearly was not the central figure. -Every time Hasan Ali walked back to his bowling mark, Haris Rauf at mid off cheered him, talking to him and encouraging him with gestures. Imam ul Haq was also doing the same from cover, but again Babar Azam was not there.-Even Usama, the nine-international match-old leggie, frequently reached out to Shadab or Shaheen Afridi with a word after every over.

Where was Babar?During all this happening, Babar was standing at the mid-on all the time, biting his nails. He was interactionless with the rest of his teammates. It remained so for most parts during Afghanistan's chase. The only duty he was busy with was shining the ball at mid on and passing it back to the bowler, with the occasional take over of field changes. At one point, he was fielding at short fine leg briefly as Shadab took over the conversation with the bowler. A few overs later, Mohd. Rizwan was shouting him. Question: Iftikhar Ahemed in the press conference said "we had decided that the bowlers will advise bowlers. Because a bowler who has bowled already gets an understanding of the pitch and where to bowl. That's why we gathered to discuss where to bowl on this wicket." Then why was Rizwan part of the group but not Babar? Some questions that no one will answer because they are not easy to notice.

Right, PSL captaincy is the guide?

So tell me, when is Tim David, David Miller, Kieron Pollard and Riley Russouw applying for Pakistani nationality? So that they can represent the great captain Muhammad Rizwan?
I mean if any captain had Roy, Smeed and Naseem in their line up you'd think qualifying for the play offs would be a cake walk wouldn't you? Plus Umar Akmal who all you Rizwan haters say is 10 X the batsmen he is

So with such a good squad why can't such a great captain pull anything off :sangry

Also Rizwan was stuck with Khushdil, Usama and Anwar Ali, three of the worst cricketers to represent Pakistan yet he was still able to take them to semis

Right. Imad is also another mediocre player with fake aggression. He is no better than Shadab, Nawaz or any other spinner. Same is the case with Naseem Shah. Some Pakistan fans are in delusion that he would have made the difference
Anyone who is out of the team automatically becomes better. When Imad was playing people for crying for Nawaz because he can 'spin' the ball.

The player who is injured or not selected is always the answer because people cannot accept the reality.

Anyone who is out of the team automatically becomes better. When Imad was playing people for crying for Nawaz because he can 'spin' the ball.

The player who is injured or not selected is always the answer because people cannot accept the reality.
Shoaib Jutt is saying that Babar is treated with Karma because it was Babar who brought these crap players and lobbied for them. He said every person with normal sane mind can see that in Afghanistan Match bowlers are not going ask or take advice of Babar, instead they are taking advice from Harris, Shaheen, or Shahdab and at times Riwzan has to come to cool things down and even 12 man with water comes does not deliver the massage to Babar. He said Babar deserve this because he was asking for it as he was the master mind behind these players selections.

Washed up cricketer? Just a few months ago he was our top scorer in the NZ test series and saved us from another drubbing at home so i don't know what you mean by washed up cricketer

In tests he easily merits a spot and if he is in the team the best way to make use of him is as captain. His leadership skills are second to none in Pakistan and with the right resources we can begin the uphill recovery from rock bottom

Also in that same tournament he took us to 5th on the ladder and was robbed of a semi final place because of rain. Under Babar it looks like he'll take us to 7th and that is if we are lucky
MashaAllah, with such standards from ‘fans’, no wonder we don’t achieve anything substantial in cricket nowadays. We were not robbed by rain, we were massacred by West Indies, India and Australia, and were on a paltry three points before those players did well to win four games in a row. New Zealand were better than us throughout the tournament and deserved to make it to the semi-finals. I guess you forgot the ridicule Sarfraz faced at the time? That ‘yawning’ meme might still be around, with that pot belly sticking out for the world to see.

Yes, make Sarfraz test captain based on the performance in one season of Test cricket. I guess you don’t remember how Sarfraz bhai has the honor of getting white-washed by a weak Sri Lankan team in Test cricket right after CT2017?

Ibrahim Zadran dedicated his motm to Afghan refugees. This is your field of expertise. Create an issue out of it.
rizwan will play the next game and the game after that, go whine and cry about it.

Rizzu is > Sarfi as an odi bat and imad waseem won't answer things.

Imad is better then nawaz though. Literally anyone on the God damn planet is better then nawaz. Sarfi should be pur frontline test bat, but his time in odi is done due to age and fitness.

However sarfi, Fakhar, Kamran akmal, chacha, Imad waseem etc these guys are mediocre I 100% agree but

^^ None of these guys are spineless, none of these guys play for themselves and they all play an attacking brand of cricket, its why when faohar performs oppositions feel that he'll take the game away from them, that doesn't happen with babar, despite babar being 200x more consistent then Fakhar and better overall.

Same with kamran and rizwan. Rizzu on paper is 100x better then kamran and a better bat and more consistent, but kamran won games because he played an attacking style of cricket, unlike rizzu who is spineless.

I understand that their are some posters here who overhate and just want their favourites without context. I don't want sarfi, imad, Fakhar or kamran back either, their time is done, nor do I want chacha.

But I do want fresh blood who adopts the attacking mindset that imad in batting, fakhar in batting and even chacha in batting tried to adopt and can be groomed for the next 10 years cause their all 20-29 age.

It's the same thing, Rizzu may be a better bat then some cricketers like Harry Brooks who is a hack, but do you honestly want rizzu instead of brooks? Brooks if he performs will win you the game, if its a quality attack, rizzu's 49 against India or his soft scores 50 ain't doing anything.

The team needs a complete revamp just like what happened in the 2003 ODI WC. Play with a brand new fresh team and keep the present players out, make them play domestic cricket and let them get their form, confidence back so that they can be mentally fresh from the scarring of this WC. There is going to be a lot of resentment and anger if these players play with each other immediately.

MashaAllah, with such standards from ‘fans’, no wonder we don’t achieve anything substantial in cricket nowadays. We were not robbed by rain, we were massacred by West Indies, India and Australia, and were on a paltry three points before those players did well to win four games in a row. New Zealand were better than us throughout the tournament and deserved to make it to the semi-finals. I guess you forgot the ridicule Sarfraz faced at the time? That ‘yawning’ meme might still be around, with that pot belly sticking out for the world to see.

Yes, make Sarfraz test captain based on the performance in one season of Test cricket. I guess you don’t remember how Sarfraz bhai has the honor of getting white-washed by a weak Sri Lankan team in Test cricket right after CT2017?

We don't need sarfraz, and fakhar, imad these guys are a done and dusted case now. But they were attacking and not spineless. Yes they were medicore but they tried to play a modern brand of cricket, fakhar and hafeez especially.

We need fresh blood who can be groomed for the next 10 years with this mindset.

We don't need spineless blood like Abdullah or rizwan or these types who will do anything.

Babar is 100x the batter that fakhar is and yet fakhar has played innings, Babar can only dream of, You wanna know why? Because one tries to keep up with the RR and tries to score as much as humanely possible for his team and take his team to victory, The other is too busy with his ranks and tries his hardest to accumulate his way to a glorified average,

Sad thing is, Babar is so damn talented and easily capable of playing such innings, but his spineless nature doesn't allow him to escape his comfort zone. Him opening in t20 because its the easiest non pressure situation for him rather then batting at no 3, where he'd be forced to play modern cricket is the defitnion of being a spineless coward.

A batsmen of babar's nature can easily improve against spin and play match winning innings, he just doesn't wanna improve anymore. He use to from 2016 to 2019, them he stopped. Comfort zone zindabad, doesn't see anything with his approach nor does he practise against spin like kohli use to against his outswing weaknesss in the nets.

Right now Naseem is the flavor of the month. Had he been here, that bubble would have been burst as well. Having said that, Naseem was still the best bowler out of Shaheen and Haris.

Back