PCB Look to Renovate Mirpur Cricket Stadium

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan Cricket Board *Chairman Ch. Zaka Ashraf visited the *Mirpur Stadium(AJK), he was accompanied by Shakil Shaikh, *Javed Miandad, Intikhab Alam, Col (retd) Noushad Ahmad and other PCB officials.*The PCB chief visited all blocks of the stadium.*

The PCB has started the renovation work through a plan for Mirpur Cricket Stadium to get it recognized as an international stadium from the ICC where Test matches and one-day internationals should be held.

Excellent news, we live in Mirpur when in Pakistan as my parents are from there. :D

Have you anymore details around what renovation work will take place ?

Last edited:
Good move.They should also consider playing international there as this place is quite safe.

Excellent news, we live in Mirpur when in Pakistan as my parents are from there. :D

Have you anymore details around what renovation work will take place ?

Same here.This stadium is near my place.

Well, I'm born in Mirpur but brought up in the UK. Agreed, it would be really good to see some international cricket being played over there. Overall, a nice ground and great area surrounding the stadium.

me 5 mins from stadium right now :p saw Some cars in stadium today.

Im from there too hope fully we can have international matches there soon

Great to see PCB paying attention to the Mirpur stadium. Also wish they would do something about the National Stadium, its not in very good condition at all.

its a like challenging a bull ... a single match in Mirpur and
India Pak cricket would be dead for long .. worse than present scenario

this was old news i read this news 5=6 months ago, the things don't improve in Pakistan, because they just talk and in reality don't do any work :(
hope renovation doesn't take few years to complete :(

this was old news i read this news 5=6 months ago, the things don't improve in Pakistan, because they just talk and in reality don't do any work :(
hope renovation doesn't take few years to complete :(

earlier news was that Pakistan is thinking abt mirpur stad as an option and latest is renovation work will be started soon

may be this stad will be used in PPL (if occur next year) hope for the best

i m quite curious how many stad Pakistan will use for PPL
SL & BD only used 2 i think

Pakistan has far more stad's then them (rwp, sialkot, faisalabad, lhr, karachi, isb) are int'l stad's

It is not just about Stadium..do not know city has good infrastructure???nearest airport i believe is Islamabad which is a plus point,good travelling infrastructure but most important is a world class hotel??
But playing in Islamabad(as new stadium is being built) and adjoining Mirpur could minimize security and hot weather problems....

there is a 4star hotel,australian under 19 stayed there,and its a 2 hour travel from islamabad

By the there is Military Airport near Jhelum within 10 miles of Mirpur. One time Mirpur officials lauched effort to make it as International Airport. This has full runaway and can land full size commercial planes, I have seen Army c-130 landing there few years ago.

Teams can also be traveled by ISB Airport via Helicopters like Mi-30 etc

Zaka and other PCB officials at the stadium.

Attachments

• mirpur.jpg
    mirpur.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 334
Big boost to tourism....

Many mirpuris would go back for a couple of weeks.. ("and catch a game")

PCB promise to do lots but end up doing very little.

Back