PCB set to reappoint Babar Azam as captain ahead of the T20 World Cup 2024

Should Babar Azam be reinstated as the captain for the T20 World Cup 2024?

• Total voters
Pakistan's test captain is someone who has zero talent and doesn't deserve to be in the XI (you have said these things).
What has that got to do with the false accusation that PCB changes its captains frequently?

That has only happened once in the last 14 years when Azhar Ali was quickly replaced by Babar Azam.

The battle between Imad/Amir fans and Babar fans has been a fun one.

But I’m afraid it ends here with Babar’s ascendency to captaincy and his return to power in all 3 formats. Babar is inevitable.

To be honest the real issue is lack of talent in certain positions.

One of the major reasons for our struggles in 2023 WC was due to lack of good spin options. Shadab and Usama Mir just were not consistent enough. Before people say Imad, he’s a horrible bowler in ODI, although a decent T20 power play bowler due to low economy. Maybe Abrar Ahmed can finally fill that hole in our team. Our whole pace attack also underwent injuries before the tournament begin.

It’s hard to win in India when you don’t have great spin options at your disposal. Zampa kept Australia in the tournament early on when they were struggling. The Afghanistani spinners caused their team to massively over perform what was expected. And of course, Jadeja and Kuldeep were veey good throughout the tournament.
Theirs a plethora of reasons for Australia winning and Pakistan losing.

A) Luck: Australia got lucky. The Afghanistan game, Afghans missed many opportunities which they could have easily taken and dismissed maxwell on, Great innings by maxwell but some catches shpuld have been taken, just like the Ben Stokes catch in 2019 thay went for a 6 shpuld have been taken.

They also got lucky thay they faced the 3 strongest teams sa, NZ, India at the beginning and lost 3 on the dot, Every other game besides Afghanistan was pie for them as Pakistani run machines, Sri Lanka run machines, minnow Bangaldesh, Out of form England etc wouldn't have been an issue for them.

Lastly in the final the toss was important to bowl first since India struggled with conditions, Australia due to batting 2nd were already familiar with how the pitch was gonna play whereas Indian bats had no clue.

Pakistan only got lucky in the NZ game, Many times unlucky infact such as the sa game where the umpire didn't give out.

B) Gelled team: Aussie middle order was weak but they had a killer opening amd killer finishers and a good bowling attack, secondly their team was gelled, aussie media didn't give them any pressure, In Pakistan's case you could tell they were low on confidence and just weren't gelled enough, particularly usama mir who seemed out of it the most, It also didn't help that after 2 victories we faced India which has been the cause of nightmares for us. As after losing to India we tend to lose to weaker teams like Sri lanka as well due to pressure and humiliation from media.

C) Accumulators: Abdullah, Imam, Babar, Rizwan, Saud, Chacha, Shadab and Nawaz are off the same mould, in 2017 everyone is a striker with babar being the anchorer. In 2023, the whole team is basically a bootleg version of Babar, Abdullah and imam are just Babar 2.0 but 100x worse and with a much weaker sr and the inability to get a move on.

Australia doesn't have the problem with Marsh, Warner and Travis head opening lol, Even labu can up the ante when needed or they just shibe him down the order for maxwell.

D) Bowlers: The bowlers are a joke compared to aussie bowlers who are tough to deal with especially with stark finding rhythm mid way through the tournament, Pat Cummings too.

E) Fielding: Fielding wise Pakistan has never been close to Australia so moot point.

this is exactly the kind of CIRCUS PCB is known for though I stand by my earlier statement that Shaheen would have been a proper disaster as Skipper in WC :rolleyes:

The battle between Imad/Amir fans and Babar fans has been a fun one.

But I’m afraid it ends here with Babar’s ascendency to captaincy and his return to power in all 3 formats. Babar is inevitable.
Now you know how fun it is to troll lol 😂😂.

Don't blame me for suggesting imad as Prime minister XD.

Ngl, Pakistani fans are in for another humiliation with babar as captain lol. 😂😂.

Tbf they were in for a humiliation with shaheen and rizwam as well

If Imad was captain you wouldn’t expect them to get humiliated?

Or what other captain?

If you think any captain with a poor team can win a tournament then you’re probably not getting this right.

If Imad was captain you wouldn’t expect them to get humiliated?

Or what other captain?

If you think any captain with a poor team can win a tournament then you’re probably not getting this right.
No, if imad became captain we'd also be humiliated.

Fans don't realise problems run far deeper then imad and Babar but everyone is too focused on these 2 that's the problem.

Also weird comment, I didn't say anything about imad in my comment? I'm not an imad fanboy bro, I advocated his selection over nawaz only who I hate with a passion because of the cringe tu hai mera match winner nonsense, as well as nawaz losing us the game against India and South Africa.

It's not my fault that all of PP is going tonwar and bracketing everyone into either a babar or imad cult

Hold your horses mate

It seems as if Naqvi isn’t convinced
I’m not sure why you are misleading people here, pretty much every news outlet is reporting Babar has been offered the captaincy by Naqvi.

It’s not a great decision, as it doesn’t set the right precedent going forward. Shaheen was given one series before literally being dumped by his board, and it remains to be seen how much Babar has improved as captain.

I’m not sure why you are misleading people here, pretty much every news outlet is reporting Babar has been offered the captaincy by Naqvi.

It’s not a great decision, as it doesn’t set the right precedent going forward. Shaheen was given one series before literally being dumped by his board, and it remains to be seen how much Babar has improved as captain.
From what I understand, Babar hasn’t been offered captaincy, nor do I think he made the demand of becoming all format captain.

Time will tell.

this is exactly the kind of CIRCUS PCB is known for though I stand by my earlier statement that Shaheen would have been a proper disaster as Skipper in WC :rolleyes:
1 point - sorry 2 burst your bubble but Babar is not exactly a dynamic leader though certainly better than not 2 bright Afridi (y)

The PCB is going to reappoint a guy as captain who failed as captain in the 2021 ICC T20 WC, 2022 Asia T20 Cup, 2022 ICC T20 WC, 2023 Asia ODI Cup, 2023 ODI WC and also lost to Australia at home in 2022, England in 2023 and almost lost to NZ in 2023/2024.

This guy definitely has a very powerful source to have been reappointed as captain again. This shameless individual did not think twice before reaccepting the offer and did not think maybe i am better of playing as a regular player, focusing on my batting and trying to win games for Pakistan with the bat, he did not think me reaccepting the captaincy again is going to create a massive divide in the dressing room and resentment from the Shaheen group.

Last edited by a moderator:
The PCB is going to reappoint a guy as captain who failed as captain in the 2021 ICC T20 WC, 2022 Asia T20 Cup, 2022 ICC T20 WC, 2023 Asia ODI Cup, 2023 ODI WC and also lost to Australia at home in 2022, England in 2023 and almost lost to NZ in 2023/2024.

This guy definitely has a very powerful source to have been reappointed as captain again. This beghairat individual did not think twice before reaccepting the offer and did not think maybe i am better of playing as a regular player, focusing on my batting and trying to win games for Pakistan with the bat, he did not think me reaccepting the captaincy again is going to create a massive divide in the dressing room and resentment from the Shaheen group.
Oh bhai relax

Nothing is confirmed

From what I understand, Babar hasn’t been offered captaincy, nor do I think he made the demand of becoming all format captain.

Time will tell.
I guess reputable outlets reporting this are much less knowledgable than yourself?

From what I understand, Babar wants to be the all-format captain and that’s where the decision is hanging in the air right now.

Shaheen’s confidence will be absolutely shattered. I’m not sure how he will recover from this.

Should never have been offered the captaincy in the first place. The blame for this fiasco lies with that incompetent buffoon of a waste of space Zaka Ashraf.

I guess reputable outlets reporting this are much less knowledgable than yourself?

From what I understand, Babar wants to be the all-format captain and that’s where the decision is hanging in the air right now.
As I said, it’s how I understand it. I never claimed to know fully.

What’s the reputable outlet you are reporting? Cricinfo? Do you honestly believe Babar replied to the PCB asking for all three format captaincy?

I don't think will be a great decision because Babar's captaincy has left much to be desired on numerous occasions. If we just stick to T20s, the 2022 Asia Cup final and the 2021 T20 World Cup semi-final exposed him tactically. And barring a few games from the 2023 World Cup like the South Africa game, he made a number of tactical errors in India as well. Ofcourse we were so rubbish that we could have been captained by Dhoni or Ponting and it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. But I just feel that Babar was given plenty of time as captain and he couldn't deliver the results. In his 5 years of captaincy we have zero ICC trophies and one away test series win of note against Sri Lanka. That's quite poor even for Pakistan standards.

If I was Shaheen, I would have resigned by now. This treatment by the PCB of your existing T-20 captain is unacceptable.

If I was Shaheen, I would have resigned by now. This treatment by the PCB of your existing T-20 captain is unacceptable.
Yeah unfortunately Shaheen should either not have been made captain in the first place or at least allowed more series to prove himself.

No. That will be an own goal

The latest report is that the committee and even Naqvi is still undecided.

If Babar has some shame he shouldn’t accept this and instead back shaheen but knowing Babar he will accept it

The fact the PCB are bringing this out in the open and are doing all these consultations behind the scenes and delaying the announcement is only going to create uncertainty in the squad.

That is ONE report.

Other similar reports saying it's a matter of time.

So let's not doubt anyone for now.

This guy definitely has a very powerful source to have been reappointed as captain again. This shameless individual did not think twice before reaccepting the offer and did not think maybe i am better of playing as a regular player, focusing on my batting and trying to win games for Pakistan with the bat, he did not think me reaccepting the captaincy again is going to create a massive divide in the dressing room and resentment from the Shaheen group.
I don't get the cursing. First off, nothing is final. Second off, why are you cursing him even if he decides to take the role? He is not committing a crime. He would simply be taking a job offered to him by his employer.

Have some class mate. Its because of people like you that cricket fandom has become so toxic.

Even though I love Babar as a batter, and never want him to captain in any format, not because he doesn't have skills, but doesn't want him to be a victim of politics.

However, now it is almost confirmed he is going to lead again in T20WC so lets have a look at his previous outings as captain.

2020 T2WC: Semi Finalist (out of 6 games, just 1 loss, clearly one of the best team of the tournament). Not to mention beating arch rivals India first time ever in WC that too by 10 wickets.

2022 Asia Cup: Finalist (Again one of the best teams of the tournament, beating India too)

2022 T20WC: Finalist (May not have been one of the best teams in this tournament , but won crucial matches at the right time to land themselves into finals.

Now before 2021 t20WC, last time pakistan reached into semi final was in 2012, THAT IS EXACTLY 10 YEARS AGO. Got eliminated in league stages of 2014 and 2016 T20WC.

Wrt Asia cup, Before reaching into finals in 2022, Last time pak played final of Asia cup was in 2014, that is 8 years ago.
Babar's ability to lead a team into quarters, semis and even finals has been proven.

The question is can he get a side over the line ? Apart from a tri-series in NZ in 2022, he's never won any silverware as a junior or senior level captain.

It seems PCB have panicked after Shaheen's disappointing PSL instead of providing a young captain time and space to learn. Even appointing Rizwan would've provided a fresh start. Instead we've retreated to where we were last November.

Now if we endure another disappointing World Cup exit in June, then what ? We sack Babar again and we appoint somebody else ? Pakistan Circus Board strikes again !

I don't get the cursing. First off, nothing is final. Second off, why are you cursing him even if he decides to take the role? He is not committing a crime. He would simply be taking a job offered to him by his employer.

Have some class mate. Its because of people like you that cricket fandom has become so toxic.

He is accepting a role he is unsuited for, he had 4-5 years to prove himself in the role and he failed. If Babar had some class, he would issue a public statement via social media dismissing any talk of taking over the captaincy and announce support for Shaheen.

Pakistan has lost numerous matches because of his clueless uninspring on field captaincy and he is going to go back to the opening jodi of Babar-Rizwan in T-20 cricket again. We have to move forward in our cricket and not backwards.

He changes his tune to suit his own agenda.

We are not here to discuss him - thanks.
I’m not even discussing him, I’m just trying to give you the most credible (in my opinion source). What I know is, before the PCB announce anything officially, he will be the one to give the most credible news before it.

Babar's ability to lead a team into quarters, semis and even finals has been proven.

The question is can he get a side over the line ? Apart from a tri-series in NZ in 2022, he's never won any silverware as a junior or senior level captain.

It seems PCB have panicked after Shaheen's disappointing PSL instead of providing a young captain time and space to learn. Even appointing Rizwan would've provided a fresh start. Instead we've retreated to where we were last November.

Now if we endure another disappointing World Cup exit in June, then what ? We sack Babar again and we appoint somebody else ? Pakistan Circus Board strikes again !
Let Babar lead the team to the final and then for the final of the tournament make Shaheen the captain :D

So Shan Masood gets sacked as test captain after leading a Pakistani side to Australia, a very tough place to tour as a captain, a tour for which he only had a few weeks to prepare as captain. Inspite of the 3-0 result, Pakistan finally competed very hard in Australia and won a lot of praise from the Aussie commentators, Masood showed shades of captaincy brilliance with his bowling changes and field placings and it was a refreshing change from Babar's paindu captaincy.

The PCB has to back Shaheen and Shan Masood for their respective roles for atleast a year

More than PCB, its Babar who has no shame in asking for all format captaincy after literally being an absolute loser for 4 years international captaincy stint as well as his franchise cricket stint as well.

We all know how poor his leadership skills are, just terrible stuff all around. Part of me that always supports the team will say that if he becomes captain then i still wish Pakistan to win but honestly i am so sick of this.

What message are we giving to the younger players, and new players like Usman Khan. All rhona dhona about poor strike rate, lack of intent, and selfish cricket and this all eventually ends up in reinstating the guy who symbolises all of these bad traits.

I feel very disappointed.

He is accepting a role he is unsuited for, he had 4-5 years to prove himself in the role and he failed. If Babar had some class, he would issue a public statement via social media dismissing any talk of taking over the captaincy and announce support for Shaheen.

Pakistan has lost numerous matches because of his clueless uninspring on field captaincy and he is going to go back to the opening jodi of Babar-Rizwan in T-20 cricket again. We have to move forward in our cricket and not backwards.
There's a way to express that without calling Babar "beghairat", which is a pretty low and classless thing to say for something Babar hasn't even done yet. I get that you're emotional but saying this kind of stuff is not the way to go.

There's a way to express that without calling Babar "beghairat", which is a pretty low and classless thing to say for something Babar hasn't even done yet. I get that you're emotional but saying this kind of stuff is not the way to go.

Something he hasn't done lol? There is no smoke without fire.

It just takes 5 minutes to say no to the PCB and then to tweet I am not accepting the captaincy, it is time to move on and I announce my full fledged support to Shaheen and appeal to the nation, fans to support him as well.

Nothing against SSA but appointing him as skipper was a wrong or hasty decision and was made possible only due to excessive lobby of Shahid Afridi who was meeting and calling Zaka St breakfast lunch in dinner and even in sleep.

Add to with Amir coming back, Naseem fresh and SSA struggling for form and knowing the subjective nature of PCB this is not unwanted hopefully they will do it all gracefully

Nothing against SSA but appointing him as skipper was a wrong or hasty decision and was made possible only due to excessive lobby of Shahid Afridi who was meeting and calling Zaka St breakfast lunch in dinner and even in sleep.

Add to with Amir coming back, Naseem fresh and SSA struggling for form and knowing the subjective nature of PCB this is not unwanted hopefully they will do it all gracefully

Babar had 4-5 years to prove himself as captain. It can be debated whether Shaheen was the right candidate to appoint as captain but Babar had to be dismissed as captain.

I disagree, Shaheen was the natural choice. He is young, has won domestic silverware twice which mind you Babar has not managed to achieve in his 3 captaincy stints.

Something he hasn't done lol? There is no smoke without fire.

It just takes 5 minutes to say no to the PCB and then to tweet I am not accepting the captaincy, it is time to move on and I announce my full fledged support to Shaheen and appeal to the nation, fans to support him as well.
You're acting like a bit of a child here. I actually agree with you. Babar shouldn't be captain again. But that doesn't mean I resort to cursing him if takes the job. And no offence but I think its funny that you think anyone would care about your announcement or your pledge.

By all reports, PCB has been wanting Babar to take the white ball captaincy all weeks the hang up is that Babar also wants to return as Test captain if he is to return.

I disagree, Shaheen was the natural choice. He is young, has won domestic silverware twice which mind you Babar has not managed to achieve in his 3 captaincy stints.
Domestic silverware means jack and where it is written that Babar must win every ICC tournament in 3 years otherwise he is a failure , Pakistan in their 60+ year cricket history has only won 3 ICC tournaments so every other captain like Wasim Akram Inzimam ul Haq Misbah ul Haq Shahid Afridi were all failures

I dont think theres anything wrong to call him Beghariat which means shameless in english. He definitely is a beghairat of the highest order. No ghairat mand would ask for all format captaincy after being a constant failure as a leader.
I don't want Babar to be captain but I keep making this point and no one seems to get it....

Don't blame Babar or any player for wanting the captaincy or trying their luck to get the captaincy in all formats.

Everyone thinks they can do better and wants to have the chance to prove it to themselves and to others.
A top sportsman has to be single minded to get to the top and have to have a certain belief in their abilities.

So if the PCB decides to offer the captaincy to Babar or to any other deserving or undeserving player, don't blame the player... Blame the organisation

Domestic silverware means jack and where it is written that Babar must win every ICC tournament in 3 years otherwise he is a failure , Pakistan in their 60+ year cricket history has only won 3 ICC tournaments so every other captain like Wasim Akram Inzimam ul Haq Misbah ul Haq Shahid Afridi were all failures
And where is it written that Babar Azam has some birth right over Pakistan cricket? All the captains you mentioned were removed after their failure to win ICC trophies. Kohli got removed for the same thing. Babar is no bradman.

And where is it written that Babar Azam has some birth right over Pakistan cricket? All the captains you mentioned were removed after their failure to win ICC trophies. Kohli got removed for the same thing. Babar is no bradman.
Then the PCB shouldn’t beg Babar Azam to return as our white ball captain.

Yes continue with chop and cut policy which has given our cricket nothing , hopefully Babar will be made captain again and he will prove everyone wrong

Then the PCB shouldn’t beg Babar Azam to return as our white ball captain.
They haven’t begged him. Stop spreading false rumours. The only begging the PCB have done is towards Amir, Imad and Usman Khan

They haven’t begged him. Stop spreading false rumours. The only begging the PCB have done is towards Amir, Imad and Usman Khan
They have begged him the whole week to take back white ball captaincy. The only hang up is that Babar also wishes to be Strat captain if he is to return.

I don't mind Babar as captain, maybe not the best tactician but he did make the final/semifinal of the last T20 world cups and I'd rather it be him over Shaheen.

Ideally I'd have Rizwan as captain though

Would be hilarious if Imad and Amir un-unretire from the team now lmao

Also the source you keep citing said that they called Babar, not to take captaincy, but to ask when he will come to camp.

Turns out they called him to he captain :klopp

Also Babar led us to the T20 WC final. We lost our frontline bowler to injury and he only got to bowl 2 of his overs.

Despite this, we still gave a way better fight to England than India did and the Indian team is consistently strong.

I don't mind Babar as captain, maybe not the best tactician but he did make the final/semifinal of the last T20 world cups and I'd rather it be him over Shaheen.

Ideally I'd have Rizwan as captain though

Would be hilarious if Imad and Amir un-unretire from the team now lmao

Captaincy in T-20 formats is over rated, the game is so fast that a captain can't have as much impact in comparison to ODI and Test Cricket. We have seen how terrible Babar is as captain in ODI and Test Cricket.

So Babar was offered the T-20 Captaincy and he is demanding either captaincy of all 3 formats or nothing. Talk about being greedy.

They have begged him the whole week to take back white ball captaincy. The only hang up is that Babar also wishes to be Strat captain if he is to return.
If that’s what floats your boat.

So Babar was offered the T-20 Captaincy and he is demanding either captaincy of all 3 formats or nothing. Talk about being greedy.
If you were Naqvi and PCB, how would you react to this demand (supposedly it’s true?)

If you were Naqvi and PCB, how would you react to this demand (supposedly it’s true?)

Naqvi seems fan struck with Babar therefore i fear he will concede.

I would not have offered him the role in the first place.

Yes continue with chop and cut policy which has given our cricket nothing , hopefully Babar will be made captain again and he will prove everyone wrong
What chop and cut policy? PCB literally kept the same captain for 4 years where other times have went through multiple captaincy changes such as our neighbours from Kohli to Rohit to Pandya to back to Rohit with a spice of Bumrah in the mix. You want us to persist with mediocrity?

Naqvi seems fan struck with Babar therefore i fear he will concede.

I would not have offered him the role in the first place.
Your second line is more realistic.

I don’t think offers for captaincy have been made anyways.

Always been like this. Its all about the $$$ and self brand. A forced king that is without a crown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your second line is more realistic.

I don’t think offers for captaincy have been made anyways.

Cricinfo is reporting it. They would not report it if they didn't have confirmed reliable sources.

What chop and cut policy? PCB literally kept the same captain for 4 years where other times have went through multiple captaincy changes such as our neighbours from Kohli to Rohit to Pandya to back to Rohit with a spice of Bumrah in the mix. You want us to persist with mediocrity?
Bumrah was captain for 1 match lol, he will never captain again. Hardik was a sub cap.

Matlab kuch bhi yaar

Mediocrity, who is above par SSA was left fainted in a meaningless series in NZ becoming the 1st Pakistan captain to be blanked 4/0 in a T20 series.
The less said about Shan Masood the better

Also Babar led us to the T20 WC final. We lost our frontline bowler to injury and he only got to bowl 2 of his overs.

Despite this, we still gave a way better fight to England than India did and the Indian team is consistently strong.
2022 India was burnt out. Bumrah after this cup went missing for a whole year, he was in a far worse shape then shaheen. And unlike shaheen, Bcci wasn't willing to risk their star bowler return until he was 200% fit and ready

Rohit and Dhawan were also spent forces, Rohit got captaincy but started taking more rests and even batted at no 7 for a while to recover and occasionally didn't even bat at all letting kishan and Gill open.

Dhawan is old and fizzled out and outright admitted Gill was the right choice over him.

Rahul who was an opener at the time was amongst the worst openers India ever had which is why he got shoved at no 5 as Middle order is better for him.

They also had other injuries such as chinaman was missing, sanju was missing etc.

Axar Patel was a regular feature of the squad and was dead baggage, Dinesh karthik was also a regular feature.

Bhuvi was also a spent force.

2021 and 2022 India was in a transition phase similar to 2012 India, a habit that bcci usually attempts to do before the next big Odi wc or CT.

Since then

1) Rahul got moved to no 5 and dhawan got replaced with Gill and kishan and now jaiswal in the mix.

2) Karthik and axar Patel are gone given the fact that Rahul, sanju, Kishan can keep easily

3) bhuvi is no longer needed due to the rise of siraj

4) Arshdeep will no longer play now thay jadeja and chinaman are back full time, nor will ashwin play and weigh them down.

5) Rohit is back in form after a period of rest which he as a captain frequently gave himself before the cup.

2021 India was even worse off, they took just 2 wicket over the course of 2 games and their best Feat is bullying a burnt out Afghanistan forced to play literally a day after their crushing loss to Pakistan .

Weird to compare 2022 India to 2023 and 2024 India lol now thay their set.

2022 India was burnt out. Bumrah after this cup went missing for a whole year, he was in a far worse shape then shaheen. And unlike shaheen, Bcci wasn't willing to risk their star bowler return until he was 200% fit and ready

Rohit and Dhawan were also spent forces, Rohit got captaincy but started taking more rests and even batted at no 7 for a while to recover and occasionally didn't even bat at all letting kishan and Gill open.

Dhawan is old and fizzled out and outright admitted Gill was the right choice over him.

Rahul who was an opener at the time was amongst the worst openers India ever had which is why he got shoved at no 5 as Middle order is better for him.

They also had other injuries such as chinaman was missing, sanju was missing etc.

Axar Patel was a regular feature of the squad and was dead baggage, Dinesh karthik was also a regular feature.

Bhuvi was also a spent force.

2021 and 2022 India was in a transition phase similar to 2012 India, a habit that bcci usually attempts to do before the next big Odi wc or CT.

Since then

1) Rahul got moved to no 5 and dhawan got replaced with Gill and kishan and now jaiswal in the mix.

2) Karthik and axar Patel are gone given the fact that Rahul, sanju, Kishan can keep easily

3) bhuvi is no longer needed due to the rise of siraj

4) Arshdeep will no longer play now thay jadeja and chinaman are back full time, nor will ashwin play and weigh them down.

5) Rohit is back in form after a period of rest which he as a captain frequently gave himself before the cup.

2021 India was even worse off, they took just 2 wicket over the course of 2 games and their best Feat is bullying a burnt out Afghanistan forced to play literally a day after their crushing loss to Pakistan .

Weird to compare 2022 India to 2023 and 2024 India lol now thay their set.
Everything you said just proves my point even further.

Under Babar we made the final of the T20 WC and had a better performance than India against England. And that’s despite our best pacer getting injured half way through the match.

Everything you said just proves my point even further.

Under Babar we made the final of the T20 WC and had a better performance than India against England. And that’s despite our best pacer getting injured half way through the match.
It doesn't prove anything. I respect you as a poster but this time you're really hiding the truth.

Point 1

Deapite losing to Zimbabwe, and India we got lucky that Nedtherlands beat sa for us to qualify and that our next games were against Nedtherlands and Bangladesh which were minnow teams. Sa we got lucky because sa is Good awful at chasing and In 2023 they proved that, can strike 400 scores while batting first, but while chasing they struggle against minnow bowling so the toss helped.

Then we played well against NZ (Our only game besides sa in which we didn't struggle as Bangladesh match was hell for us)

Point 2

We were lucky that 2022 wc was structured in a way that to reach the semi's, all we had to do was come top 2 in our group which composed of India, Pakistan, sa, Nedtherlands, and Zimbabwe,

We didn't have to face Australia, England, nz in group stages.

This tournament isn't structured thay way, we pretty much face have an easy time in group stages but the super 8 stage where we face top teams will be hell on earth, no more kudrat ki nazam

Point 3

Cricket isnt a one size fits all game, us doing better against england doesnt chanhe the fact thay we lost to england and that we lost to India as well, the whole A > B > C logic does not apply.

Please provide some data to indicate how Babar was a poorer captain than his predecessors?

Let me help you out:

Wasim Akram
- Failed 1999 WC Final

Moin Khan
- Yes won 2000 Asia Cup but had a stinker in the 2002 CT

Waqar Younis
- LOL :)

Rashid Latif

Inzamam Ul Haq
- no ICC trophy, no Asia Cup and no CT from 2003-07. In fact no final appearance either.. Did well in bilaterals though

Shoaib Malik
- Reached 2007 WorldT20 final but another horror show in 2008 Asia Cup

Younis Khan
- Yes won 2009 WorldT20 but don’t forget oathgate

Shahid Afridi

Misbah
- Lots of hype as the savior of our cricket but only had 2012 Asia Cup to show for it. No final appearances in ICC tournaments either

Mohammad Hafeez

Azhar Ali

Sarfraz Ahmed
- 2017 CT was memorable but don’t forget the horror show of 2018 Asia Cup and 2019 WC

Going by this history Babar actually did much better than many of our previous captains and the team did incredibly well to compete in ICC tournaments and Asia Cup. 2023 was disappointing but many players lost form at the same time.. Don’t forget that we were literally one ball / wicket from reaching 2023 Asia Cup Final anyway.

Please provide some data to indicate how Babar was a poorer captain than his predecessors?

Let me help you out:

Wasim Akram
- Failed 1999 WC Final

Moin Khan

Waqar Younis

Rashid Latif

Inzamam Ul Haq
- no ICC trophy, no Asia Cup and no CT from 2003-07. In fact no final appearance either.. Did well in bilaterals though

Shoaib Malik

Younis Khan

Shahid Afridi

Misbah
- Lots of hype as the savior of our cricket but only had 2012 Asia Cup to show for it. No final appearances in ICC tournaments either

Mohammad Hafeez

Azhar Ali

Sarfraz Ahmed
- 2017 CT was memorable but don’t forget the horror show of 2018 Asia Cup and 2019 WC

Going by this history Babar actually did much better than many of our previous captains and the team did incredibly well to compete in ICC tournaments and Asia Cup. 2023 was disappointing but many players lost form at the same time.. Don’t forget that we were literally one ball / wicket from reaching 2023 Asia Cup Final anyway.
Such a biased and unfair example.

Babar hasn't won a single thing, that alone doesn't qualify him to be better then the candidates you mentioned. Sarfraz winning an icc trophy puts him echelons > Babar’s horror show in 2023 WC.

Babar beating c string sides and falsely leading fans to believe we are no 1 lol, when Australia beat Pakistan black amd blue in a real game and in a warmup best us despite bowling Warner and Smith lol, Whereas inzimam use to win bilateral against proper opponents.

Almost all the captains you mentioned besides the obvious jone ones like azhar and rashid latif have been superior to babar ad captains including misbah of all people.

And afridi wasn't a bad captain by any means. He took his side to 2 semi finals and only got eliminated in the cups by the strongest teams (Australia In 2010 ans India in 2011)

That alone puts him far superior to anything Bobby has ever done which is flunk miserably.

Shaheen’s confidence will be absolutely shattered. I’m not sure how he will recover from this.

Should never have been offered the captaincy in the first place. The blame for this fiasco lies with that incompetent buffoon of a waste of space Zaka Ashraf.
Shaheen is on board with this decision because he understands that he needs to focus on regaining his form. Also, Shahid Afridi has advised him to not worry about captaincy at this stage. He was unhappy with his appointment in the first place because it wasn't the right moment in his career.

No one is more shameless than this guy masquerading as Test captain:

Capture.PNG

Babar is right to demand Test captaincy. He is the only viable option at this point.

Guys who are worried about the relationship between Imad Amir and Babar. I am sure that you guys must have heard that gambhir and Kohli hugged today after 8 9 years if i am not wrong . Their rivalry dates back to 2012. When compared to what Gambhir has said thus far about Kohli, Amir and imad has not even spoken 10% against Babar. However, at the very end, you are able to see the guys giggling and giving each other hugs. The same thing will happen when Babar takes over as captain: all three of them will be grinning in a dugout and acting as if nothing had ever happened between them. It all works like that.

Babar as an all format captain is a recipe for a disaster. He will again lose form at a wrong time and Pakistan will lose so many important matches because of that and than they will give him important test series against England and South Africa where again as a test captain he will struggle and won't score much runs as well and he will be removed from captaincy.
I was so excited to see his performance this year against England and South Africa test team without any captaincy pressure but looks like I have to wait for 2 3 years.

Babar's not a great captain but for sure would prefer him over SSA today.
For me, Babar doesn't inspire much confidence as a leader, but still more than SSA!
Would retain Shaan as test captain though, he's a smart captain and has done well so far.

Let me help you out:

Wasim Akram
- Failed 1999 WC Final

Moin Khan

Waqar Younis

Rashid Latif

Inzamam Ul Haq

Shoaib Malik

Younis Khan

Shahid Afridi

Misbah

Mohammad Hafeez

Azhar Ali

Sarfraz Ahmed

People just like to glorify the past.

8 years from now people will pretend that this era was good.

Let me help you out:

Wasim Akram
- Failed 1999 WC Final

Moin Khan

Waqar Younis

Rashid Latif

Inzamam Ul Haq

Shoaib Malik

Younis Khan

Shahid Afridi

Misbah

Mohammad Hafeez

Azhar Ali

Sarfraz Ahmed

Babar lost 2 home test series and drew 1 within an year. He was the first Pakistan captain to get whitewashed at home.

Back