4) Viv Richards
5) AB De Villers
6) Micheal Bevan
7) Imran Khan
8) Glenn Mcgrath/ Wasim Akram
9) Shane Warne
10) Joel Garner
11) Murli Dharan
Indian bowling may go toe to toe with this side, but Indian batting is a lot inferior.

Indian bowling may go toe to toe with this side, but Indian batting is a lot inferior.
Naw the spin department is superior and when it comes to bowling

As for pacers

Joel garner > Glenn Mcgrath > Wasim > Imran > Bumrah > Waqar > Shami

This is overreact thread .this Indian team is beatable if any team can score 320+ while batting first .we don't have proper finisher and our Tail is start from 8

Bro just couple of days back you were saying either Aussie or NZ will have our number in knockouts. Now you bring the entire brigade against us :D
Beat my team and this time I won't include any Indians

1) Adam Gilchrist
2) Matthew Hayden
3) Ricky Pointing
4) Viv Richards
5) AB De Villers
6) Micheal Bevan
7) Imran Khan
8) Glenn Mcgrath
9) Joel Garner
10) Shane Warne
11) Murli

Reserves

Sangakara
Wasim akram
Waqar younis
Saeed Chucking Ajmal

Come at me bro, I dare you. Fight me

I'll bring larwood with bodyline and wata allowed too. Fight brother fight

This is overreact thread .this Indian team is beatable if any team can score 320+ while batting first .we don't have proper finisher and our Tail is start from 8
Can't beat my team? Too bad. Is Glenn mcgrath, Imran and Joel Garner too tough to handle?

In this WC itself there are at least three teams that can beat India.

I’m not surprised at all with the results to be honest - for that the gap between top 5 sides (SENAI) & rest are too, too wide and it’s getting wider & wider because these 5 actually still developing their cricket based on old school First Class cricket (T20 is just the show room to bring money). In fact that gap is wide in T20 as well & PAK makes it 6, instead of 5, because T20 is PCB’s national sports - but that game is too narrow to factor all 11 players - so, upsets are frequent. Even then, take out first 10-12 players, the bench is so pathetically poor that even in T20s, there would be hardly any close games.

This year, Poms brought a grandpa unit and made a blunder of not picking team for Indian WC - their slog feast cricket, backed by “all-rounders” won’t work here. Otherwise, India had a very tight game against Kiwis, despite batting under dew; could have lost the game against Aussies even chasing that portly target had Mitch not dropped a dolly & I'm sure SAF will take them to limit at Eden - Poms did restrict them to 229, but tried to “Buzzball” the target on a difficult wicket, instead of surviving till the dew comes and work out the chase.

Bottom half, barring 1-2 odd upsets, will comfortably loose 4/5-1 in a 5/6 match series anywhere in world … even after top 5 resting few players - the gap is that wide. Couple of years back a County XI hammered PAK 3-0….. that’s the true reflection; but we often get bluffed with “ranking booster” games. It’s not surprising that for three WCs, same 4/5 teams are making SF and that will be the case in 2027 as well - May be that time Poms replacing NZ, like they did with SAF in 2019.

It’s not a forgone conclusion at all - India will have to win two KO games to win this WC against AUS/SAF/NZ….. wait till the final.

Kiwis at full strength would best this India team in a knock out game. The pressure, and expectations, would witness another chocke

Mine is

1) Sachin Tendulkar
2) Adam Gilchrist (WK)
3) Ricky Pointing (C)
4) Viv Richards
5) AB De Villers
6) Micheal Bevan
7) Imran Khan
9) Shane Warne
10) Joel Garner
11) Murli Dharan

Lack of explosive finisher in this side. Why would Sachin play against this Indian side? :srt

Lack of explosive finisher in this side. Why would Sachin play against this Indian side? :srt
Because I mindcontrol him.

I control everyone. Bring in Larwood and chucking ajmal as well 😭😭

Beat my team and this time I won't include any Indians

1) Adam Gilchrist
2) Matthew Hayden
3) Ricky Pointing
4) Viv Richards
5) AB De Villers
6) Micheal Bevan
7) Imran Khan
8) Glenn Mcgrath
9) Joel Garner
10) Shane Warne
11) Murli

Reserves

Sangakara
Wasim akram
Waqar younis
Saeed Chucking Ajmal

Come at me bro, I dare you. Fight me

I'll bring larwood with bodyline and wata allowed too. Fight brother fight
Mate we are playing good cricket. Other teams had their chances but we were on top of clutch situations. Knockout is a different setup. We have monkey on our back and these players might feel that pressure. Anyone's game on that day.

Coming to your team. If only 2023 team had Dhoni. We would win 8/10 matches.

Naw the spin department is superior and when it comes to bowling

As for pacers

Joel garner > Glenn Mcgrath > Wasim > Imran > Bumrah > Waqar > Shami
That's why I said may, but in batting Indian line up is vastly inferior. Gap in bowling is less.

I think you are underrating Bumrah here. For example, let's pick IK.

He has 3 4-fers and 1-fers. Bumrah has less games but has 5 4-fers and 2 5-fers. In 70s/80s ER of 3.9 was not stand out, but in current era ER of 4.5 is simply a stand out. SR of 40 vs SR of 30. Bumrah has played 80 odd games, but already close to IK career's wickets tally. IK was more of support bowler and not a strike bowler in ODI. Her has one wicket per match.

Mate we are playing good cricket. Other teams had their chances but we were on top of clutch situations. Knockout is a different setup. We have monkey on our back and these players might feel that pressure. Anyone's game on that day.

Coming to your team. If only 2023 team had Dhoni. We would win 8/10 matches.

Beat this team

1) Viv Richards
2) Viv Richards
3) Viv Richards
4) Viv Richards
5) Viv Richards
6) Viv Richards
7) Joel Garner
8) Joel Garner
9) Joel Garner
10) Joel Garner
11) Joel Garner

Can India 2023 with Dhoni beat 6 viv Richards and 5 Joel garners 👺

Anyway, Indian team is not that great to go toe to toe against ATG XIs.

Playing very good cricket right now, but Aus, SA or NZ can win on their day in this WC. Just need to bat first and some how put 280 runs , not a guarantee to win, but more chance that way.

That's why I said may, but in batting Indian line up is vastly inferior. Gap in bowling is less.

He has 3 4-fers and 1-fers. Bumrah has less games but has 5 4-fers and 2 5-fers. In 70s/80s ER of 3.9 was not stand out, but in current era ER of 4.5 is simply a stand out. SR of 40 vs SR of 30. Bumrah has played 80 odd games, but already close to IK career's wickets tally. IK was more of support bowler and not a strike bowler in ODI. Her has one wicket per match.
I'm more so trolling and having some fun.

I'm in awe of the current Indian team tbh. This is the 3rd Strongest team in history, only behind classic Australia and classic West indies

Beat this team

1) Viv Richards
2) Viv Richards
3) Viv Richards
4) Viv Richards
5) Viv Richards
6) Viv Richards
7) Joel Garner
8) Joel Garner
9) Joel Garner
10) Joel Garner
11) Joel Garner

Can India 2023 with Dhoni beat 6 viv Richards and 5 Joel garners 👺
Too easy. Both are very old now.

Imran’s ODI career is divided into two parts - for last 7-8 years, he was more focused to batting and leading the side. Also, ODIs were rare in his early days - most of the ODIs he played after 1983, when he was already 30+ and suffered a career ending injury. …. So, ended up with an average of 26.

Check his first 100 games - and remember those were not ICC’s globalisation charity days … no free lunch. He was the most feared fast bowler of 1980-82 WSC, when there were 5/6 ATGs bowling on those Australian wickets.

Mine is

1) Sachin Tendulkar
2) Adam Gilchrist (WK)
3) Ricky Pointing (C)
4) Viv Richards
5) AB De Villers
6) Micheal Bevan
7) Imran Khan
9) Shane Warne
10) Joel Garner
11) Murli Dharan
This team will struggle in WC 2023 as most of the players are retired and unavailable.

Imran’s ODI career is divided into two parts - for last 7-8 years, he was more focused to batting and leading the side. Also, ODIs were rare in his early days - most of the ODIs he played after 1983, when he was already 30+ and suffered a career ending injury. …. So, ended up with an average of 26.

Check his first 100 games - and remember those were not ICC’s globalisation charity days … no free lunch. He was the most feared fast bowler of 1980-82 WSC, when there were 5/6 ATGs bowling on those Australian wickets.
Old era cricket looks better in words than in footage, Thompson is heralded as a demon but in footage he looks a Mark Wood like fast but gun barrel straight bowler, and every one is seeing what's happening to Wood. India won the world cup in 1983 with a bowling line up whose modern equivalent will be anderson, tuffy styris and ganguly.

It's better in his first 100 ODI for sure, but not really impressive as his test exploits. I watched him closely only his last 5 years and I always saw him as support bowler. Well, he was much older so not his best days, but I don't think he really stood out as strike bowler in ODI even before that.

Let's break it down by 50 because he wasn't really doing much in ODI except for couple of years.

First 50 ODI - 46 wickets with zero 4-fers/5-fers [ 1985 and before ]
Second 50 ODI - 65 wickets with 3 4-fers/ 1 5-fers [ 1985-1987 ]
Last 75 ODI - 71 wickets with zero 4-fers/5-fers [ 1987 and beyond ]

IK pretty much picked one wicket per ODI and in his best few years in he picked 65 wickets in 50 ODIs. I know game was different back then because it was harder to pick wickets when batsmen were just playing like test match and not willing to give wickets. So I won't just use this figures of wickets per match for one to one comparison, but I found his exploits in Test far superior than ODI cricket. He was genuinely a strike bowler in test in middle phase of his career.

Old era cricket looks better in words than in footage, Thompson is heralded as a demon but in footage he looks a Mark Wood like fast but gun barrel straight bowler, and every one is seeing what's happening to Wood. India won the world cup in 1983 with a bowling line up whose modern equivalent will be anderson, tuffy styris and ganguly.
Trust me, against that Indian attack, on those wickets & conditions some of the modern great teams including this current Indian team will need to bat twice to complete 50 overs. Today, people must be astonished with the movement of Indian pacers, because most of them haven’t seen what actually is swing & seem movement of a cricket ball, and how top order survives that phase to cash on later.

You have perfectly summed up the situation - ODI these days are great to watch than reading …. And that’s exactly what they are selling. You guys are happy to buy, not me, but I don’t mind - don’t follow cricket much these days, though once it was almost second religion….

Even in this World Cup there is at least 1 team that India absolutely have to be wary of even if we play our best cricketm

If we bat and bowl at our best, I'm certain we will crush all teams except ONE.

I want us to lose to SA next match so that we can face this team in the KO and properly test ourselves against them.

Mind you , if India can beat this team in the semis, the rest of y'all can send your combined best XI and we'll bully that team in the final too.

Trust me, against that Indian attack, on those wickets & conditions some of the modern great teams including this current Indian team will need to bat twice to complete 50 overs. Today, people must be astonished with the movement of Indian pacers, because most of them haven’t seen what actually is swing & seem movement of a cricket ball, and how top order survives that phase to cash on later.

You have perfectly summed up the situation - ODI these days are great to watch than reading …. And that’s exactly what they are selling. You guys are happy to buy, not me, but I don’t mind - don’t follow cricket much these days, though once it was almost second religion….
I once used to believe that old era batsmen were better defensively from hearing my dad waxing lyrical about them, and then on footage i saw Boycott the epitome of technique poking at full pitch ball with his feet struck inside the line. Apart from Viv none of them looked anything special, and Viv' s eye catching trait was his hand eye condition rather than his technique, i think if Babar played in that era he would be only behind Viv.

I once used to believe that old era batsmen were better defensively from hearing my dad waxing lyrical about them, and then on footage i saw Boycott the epitome of technique poking at full pitch ball with his feet struck inside the line. Apart from Viv none of them looked anything special, and Viv' s eye catching trait was his hand eye condition rather than his technique, i think if Babar played in that era he would be only behind Viv.
Sorry, i meant coordination.

Lol. Dont need a world XI to beat India.

Very rarely do you see that each of the top 5/6 batters and bowlers are in form, and also appear to be fully fit.

This Indian team has a massive tail and it is only a matter of time this gets exposed.

Lol. Dont need a world XI to beat India.

Very rarely do you see that each of the top 5/6 batters and bowlers are in form, and also appear to be fully fit.

This Indian team has a massive tail and it is only a matter of time this gets exposed.
It did get exposed against England. Didn't matter in the end. Shami the supposed tailender ran riot with ball. if you have good bowling that delivers consistently you don't really need a strong tail.

Rameez
Aamer
Imran c
Javed
Saleem
Inzi
Wasim
Ijaz
Moin+
Mushtaq
Aaqib

Even in sleep this team Will win the jazba drenched in by IK is unparalleled batting till No.9 and quality bowling, Wasim Akram alone would have wrecked havoc on Indians with Kohli in particular who is always susceptible to quality left armers.
-----------------
Jayasuriya
Dilshan
Aravinda
Sangakarra+
Jayawardena
Arjuna
 Matthews
Vaas
Murali
Malinga
Herath

Another gun team will play fire with fire, infact Jayasuriya alone has bullied bashed and lashed Indian team in humiliation fashion and treated them like dwarfs.
-------------
Hayden
Gilchrist+
Ponting
 Clarke
S Waugh
Bevan
Symonds
Lee
Gillespie
Warne
McGrath

Inducted Symonds over Watson just to add rouge factor in team this team is beast of beast, top to bottom World class players, no chance, this team will win even if they start at -40/2

Only Pakistan can beat them

How? Rohit has Shaheen's, Rauf's numbers. His effortless pulls, hooks, straight hit and cover drive for six against 140 km/hr pace proves it. Pakistani bowlers don't know how to bowl to him.

Is Kane Williamson returning in the XI anytime soon?

South Africa or Australia will have to bat first and really had a great day with the bat where they score 350 plus against the Indian bowlers who will need to have their worst day. SA pace attack can trouble the Indians with their pace and bounce while chasing and eventually the pressure of chasing in the semi final could be brutal.

South Africa or Australia will have to bat first and really had a great day with the bat where they score 350 plus against the Indian bowlers who will need to have their worst day. SA pace attack can trouble the Indians with their pace and bounce while chasing and eventually the pressure of chasing in the semi final could be brutal.
There is no need for 350, India may not be able to chase 280-300 under lights if ball is swinging.

SA batting first without Bavuma is the best wc team that can beat India.

We'll see soon if Indian pacers flop vs SA or not.

That will set the tone for semis.

India should try making SA bat 2nd amd see if they can make SA choke as it is claimed or see if they break SA's Monstrous 1st batting streak of 8 matches with 300+ scores.

There is no need for 350, India may not be able to chase 280-300 under lights if ball is swinging.

Rohit and Kohli have the experience and knowledge on how to play out the pacers during tough periods.

Team based on current form of players playing in WC 2023,

1. DAVE WARNER
  2. QUINT DE KOCK
  3. RACHIN RAVINDRA
  4. MOHD RIZWAN
  5. DARYL MITCHELL
  6. HEINRICH KLAASEN
  7. MARCO JANSEN
  8. MITCH SANTNER
  9. SHAHEEN AFRIDI
  10. ADAM ZAMPA
  11. DILSHAN MADUSHANKA

Any team can beat them if it’s the knockout rounds. We’ve seen this story play out before. Undefeated in 2015 WC group stage right before all the star batsmen choked in the Semi Finals and they lost by 95 runs.

Who knows, maybe the home conditions will carry them through this time. It managed to carry England through in 2019.

Rohit and Kohli have the experience and knowledge on how to play out the pacers during tough periods.
During the 2015 SF, Kohli scored 1(13). During the 2019 SF, Kohli scored 1(6).

During both of these tournaments, he was in better form going into these tournaments than he was in this one. If he continues the trend from the last two tournaments he’ll get out 1(1) this time with a SR of 100, true progress.

Mine is

1) Sachin Tendulkar
2) Adam Gilchrist (WK)
3) Ricky Pointing (C)
4) Viv Richards
5) AB De Villers
6) Micheal Bevan
7) Imran Khan
9) Shane Warne
10) Joel Garner
11) Murli Dharan
Present day India is awesome but you don't need an ATG level team to beat them.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think that, if they got off to their WC type flyers, South Africa or Australia could defend a big total.

Scoreboard pressure is scoreboard pressure at the end of the day. Australia are still leaking runs, but I'd fancy South Africa to give them a good game with 340 to defend.

I think South Africa is the only 1 who can challange india with their quality bowling lineup.

If Pakistan had faced India off the back of 4 losses and not Bangladesh then they would have suffered the wrath of the cornered 🐅:afridi

If Pakistan had faced India off the back of 4 losses and not Bangladesh then they would have suffered the wrath of the cornered 🐅:afridi
Don't think anyone is beating India mate. That'll only happen If a batting collapse happens which tbf is possible in semi final or final stages.

No team is getting 300 or more with this bowling line up. Bumrah is gun, Shami and siraj are bowling like Amir and tournament level wahab lol

Looking at the current form of this indian team, I doubt there is a team that can beat them. It will take a huge 360 turn in their form if you wanna beat this side.

Team batting first has a shot. Afghanistan was brilliant for the best part with bat against India. NZ on a non spinning wicket bullied kuldeep for a while. Even they succumbed towards the end against Shami. I rate Afghanistan batting to be the best against India so far.

I think South Africa is the only 1 who can challange india with their quality bowling lineup.
Have to bat first and put 300 plus and make sure it's a small ground cause they won't get 300 plus in any of the bigger grounds. Lucky for them wankhede is small. For them Aussies. If they meet in semis. Not sure where they are playing the group game vs SA

Undefeated in 2015 WC group stage right before all the star batsmen choked in the Semi Finals and they lost by 95 runs.

Who knows, maybe the home conditions will carry them through this time. It managed to carry England through in 2019.
Its nigh impossible to chase a score of 330-odd in a WC knockout game! Never happened before

Lol at home conditions!

Its nigh impossible to chase a score of 330-odd in a WC knockout game! Never happened before

Lol at home conditions!
You guys couldn’t chase 239 in the Semi Finals of the 2019 WC either. So if it’s not possible to chase 330 odd or 230 odd, will 130 odd be okay?

Now I'm hoping for Pakistan to reach in semi so you get reality checked soon
To be completly fair, India can lose to anyone in semi's and finals.

They literally lost to the most toothless bowling attack of west Indies and R ashwin choke was beyond funny.

India's habit of chocking isn't beyond reason

They literally lost to the most toothless bowling attack of west Indies and R ashwin choke was beyond funny.

Yes that's the biggest fear Indian fan have .we need to broke the Jinx this time for forever.

I am actually confident about Indian chances. And it is because, after a long time, we got our captaincy correct. Rohit is turning out to be a phenomenal captain so far and I am actually enjoying Indian captaincy after a long time, not since Dhoni era.

In Rohit, I believe.

If we are going to use history Pakistan never beat India. They lost semi final to India in 2011. I don't think India will use history to judge their fortunes. New day. New match.

In Pakistan alone we have a team good enough to at the very least challenge India in India.

1. Sharjeel
2. Saim
3. Saud
4. Omair Yusuf
5. Sarfraz (C)
6. Danish
7. Imad
8. Abrar
9. Mir Hamza
10. Naseem
11. Amir

Unfortunately we will never see this XI assembled, however it is easily the best group of players that we could put foward which could beat this current Indian line up

You guys couldn’t chase 239 in the Semi Finals of the 2019 WC either. So if it’s not possible to chase 330 odd or 230 odd, will 130 odd be okay?
We didn't. But to be fair to us, in '19 we had a really crap middle order, 3 WKs in that XI!

India will lose to whoever they get in the semi finals with their usual icc tournament choke

Only weakness is if there is a collapse there are 4 tailenders. Its possible in a 300+ chase this weakness can be exposed but I believe the addition of Gill and the improved Rahul makes this unlikely. Top 6 are so good that 99% 2 will score.

We didn't. But to be fair to us, in '19 we had a really crap middle order, 3 WKs in that XI!
Plus protecting Dhoni. We were 5/3 - the perfect situation for Dhoni to tuktuk which was what he had morphed into. Yet, we sent Pandya, Pant and Karthik ahead of him, just because he needing padding. Worst decline in an Indian legend. And most unforgivable considering Dhoni's earlier views on merit and seniority lol

Plus protecting Dhoni. We were 5/3 - the perfect situation for Dhoni to tuktuk which was what he had morphed into. Yet, we sent Pandya, Pant and Karthik ahead of him, just because he needing padding. Worst decline in an Indian legend. And most unforgivable considering Dhoni's earlier views on merit and seniority lol
Yeah, his last few years were really poor for Indian cricket.

I am actually confident about Indian chances. And it is because, after a long time, we got our captaincy correct. Rohit is turning out to be a phenomenal captain so far and I am actually enjoying Indian captaincy after a long time, not since Dhoni era.

In Rohit, I believe.
Yeah. The only aspect of this team that makes me believe, this time, there won't be a knockout exit.

Further on Dhoni, had he retired immediately after WC '15, his esteem would've risen a lot in my eyes. He only damaged his legacy and Indian cricket during next 4 years which was a travesty as he didn't deserve this to go out with such legacy.

During the 2015 SF, Kohli scored 1(13). During the 2019 SF, Kohli scored 1(6).

During both of these tournaments, he was in better form going into these tournaments than he was in this one. If he continues the trend from the last two tournaments he’ll get out 1(1) this time with a SR of 100, true progress.
Kohli is a better batsman than anyone in Pakistan’s history.

Rohit is a better Limited Overs batsman than anyone in Pakistan’s history.

Back