[PICTURES] 18-member Test squad announced for Australia tour

I know but these are the ones we have

PCB and us supporters need to finally decide on whether our priority Is test cricket or not

Seeing the pathetic turn out in test matches at Lahore and Karachi, it clearly shows fans are not interested in test cricket anymore

Best solution Is to have different central contracts for white and red ball cricket
And not forcing cricketers who are doing well in white ball to play red ball

With so many professional cricketers in the country, in the future we might have a better bowling attack than the one we will be playing with in Australia
Good idea having different central contracts for tests and limited overs.

Shan
Abdullah
Babar
Saud
Rizwan
Sarfaraz
Agha
Jamal
Hassan
Abrar
Shaheen

That's the XI I'd pick from this squad. Obviously you can get in another pacer for Abrar depending on the conditions but I'd be scared going into a Test with Agha as the only spinner.

Its okay we will try our best but its no humiliation when you dont have the resources that the opposition has infact no way near.
Lol what best ,your team is facing humiliation all over. no test win a home .this is uttter embarassing

If pakistan really want to improve its cricket I wouldn't even worry about winning in Australia.
I would back the line up with upcoming promising cricketers and let them test the water.
Never know we might find a decent batsmen or a bowler at international level.

Saim Ayub
Abdullah Shafique
Shan Masood
Babar Azam
Saud Shakeel
Sarfaraz Ahmed
Amar Jamal
Khuram shehzad
Muhammed Wasim
Shaheen afridi
Abrar Ahmed

This is the problem with pct. No consistency in selection.

Hurraira was selected in squad for SL series on back of 2 consecutive top scorer awards in QEA. Didn't even play a single game and is dropped.

Kamran Ghulam suffered the same fate earlier.

Why is this dud called Imam still in squad? He's done nothing of note in his entire test carrier.
I agree. It's frustrating for players like Huraira, Ghulam. They didn't get any game! It's injustice. Pakistan cricket isn't going towards any good.

I don’t mind Wasim jr selection I am not saying he will do well but you need a 140-145 pacer in Aus who you can let go for short spells I think he can fill in the role they had designed for Haris Rauf plus if it reverses in Sydney or even MCG he can really come in to the game. He’s worth a gamble imo.

By the way the have heard Jamal can also bowl quick any one knows his average pace

Bowling will struggle to get 20 wickets in each game .

Don't see the point of hasan ali .

I hope abrar gets in the playing xi .

I will be going with the following 11 against the Aussies.

Shan
Abdullah
Babar
Saud
Rizwan
Sarfaraz
Agha
Mir hamza
Khurram
Abrar
Shaheen

He can reverse the ball pluss he has some pace and he's a good fielder.
That's fine and good for ODIs and T20s where you can just yeet the ball but he hasn't shown the ability to bowl test match style. Can he stick to a consistent line and length? Can he properly set up batters? Can't keep picking t20 bowlers for test cricket on the eye test

If pakistan really want to improve its cricket I wouldn't even worry about winning in Australia.
I would back the line up with upcoming promising cricketers and let them test the water.
Never know we might find a decent batsmen or a bowler at international level.

Saim Ayub
Abdullah Shafique
Shan Masood
Babar Azam
Saud Shakeel
Sarfaraz Ahmed
Amar Jamal
Khuram shehzad
Muhammed Wasim
Shaheen afridi
Abrar Ahmed
Sarfraz is a promising cricketer?

My team for Perth
Shan
Abdullah
Babar
Saud
Rizwan
Salman
Faheem
Jamal
Shaheen
Abrar
Khurram
Hasan Ali in Jamal's place

Hasan has a test average of 25. Did really well in the county season just a few months ago

Lack of form in white ball shouldn't hamper his red ball chances where he is actually good

I don’t mind Wasim jr selection I am not saying he will do well but you need a 140-145 pacer in Aus who you can let go for short spells I think he can fill in the role they had designed for Haris Rauf plus if it reverses in Sydney or even MCG he can really come in to the game. He’s worth a gamble imo.
Wasim's reverse swing is very predictable. He inswings it early and batsmen have all the time in the world to counter. This is even more apparent in tests. Example of high quality reverse swing is Naseem. He reverses it late both ways and is far more dangerous.

Pakistan cricketers Imam-ul-Haq and Faheem Ashraf have been granted permission to skip the training camp ahead of the Australia series due to their upcoming weddings.

Imam's wedding festivities are scheduled to begin on November 23 in Lahore, featuring a Qawwali night, followed by the highly anticipated Nikkah ceremony on November 25 and the Valima reception on November 26 at night. Faheem Ashraf's Valima reception is also set for November 26, taking place in Phool Nagar in the afternoon.

Both players are part of the 18-member Test squad for the Australia tour, with the pre-tour training camp in Rawalpindi starting on November 22 and running until November 28.
Why not rest both of these players?

We have mostly had chaotic changes just before or a few months before the tour.

We use Australia tour as a point to restrat.
Amazingly we use to have incredible planning before touring zimbabew, netherlands etc but no planning prior to extremely important australian tour. I think this is the last 3 test match series we will be playing in Australia as it may be reduce to 2 tests in next tour fixtures if i am not wrong.

Wasim's reverse swing is very predictable. He inswings it early and batsmen have all the time in the world to counter. This is even more apparent in tests. Example of high quality reverse swing is Naseem. He reverses it late both ways and is far more dangerous.
Players can improve he has Gul as a bowling coach our last great reverse swing bowler . Wasim has the ingredients to be a great reverse bowler all we need is one great reverse spell at an important juncture of the game and we can spring a surprise result.

I know we are pessimistic mostly due to past Aus tours but I think every tour barring last one we had a game that could be won but lost at a critical stage hopefully this time we can make it count .

Hasan has a test average of 25. Did really well in the county season just a few months ago

Lack of form in white ball shouldn't hamper his red ball chances where he is actually good
One would rather play a new bloke who can catch Aussies off guard in atleast one innings . Hassan will not do anything

Give me a replacement from the squad based on recent performances and domestic
Rizwan scored a 50 in the last test innings he played.
Also doesn't drop catches like Sarfraz does.

Sarfraz dropped some 100 catches and missed some 200 stumpings against New Zealand.
Let Kane Williamson off a couple of times who then scored a double century.

I CANNOT bear to watch Sydney 2010 happening again. Hopefully sense prevails and Rizwan plays.

But sense never prevails. Otherwise parchi 28 wouldn't be captain

His Test average is inflated by bashing on minnows

Hasan Ali is bang average at best, he'll get hammered by Australia

His Test average is inflated by bashing on minnows

Hasan Ali is bang average at best, he'll get hammered by Australia
Has a bowling average of 27 against BOTH new Zealand and South Africa
Has played 4 tests each against Both these teams

Has a bowling average of 31 against England

Are these teams minnows?

Has a bowling average of 27 against BOTH new Zealand and South Africa
Has played 4 tests each against Both these teams

Has a bowling average of 31 against England

Are these teams minnows?
What is the average in South Africa?

As for New Zealand it was in the UAE 5 years ago, England was over 5 years ago too

He's gotten worse since then

You need to look deeper into that 25 average to realise it's nothing special and not really relevant to 2023

What is the average in South Africa?

As for New Zealand it was in the UAE 5 years ago, England was over 5 years ago too

He's gotten worse since then

You need to look deeper into that 25 average to realise it's nothing special and not really relevant to 2023
But it's not like we have Dale Steyn waiting for his turn

Faheem at 7
Then 3 quicks and Abrar

Need to have Shaheen, Hasan and a new fast bowler as the 3 quicks (one of mir Hamza, wasim jnr, khurram shahzad)

Going in with 2 new quicks/debutantes doesn't look like a good idea considering what happened in 2019

Faheem at 7
Then 3 quicks and Abrar

Need to have Shaheen, Hasan and a new fast bowler as the 3 quicks (one of mir Hamza, wasim jnr, khurram shahzad)

Going in with 2 new quicks/debutantes doesn't look like a good idea considering what happened in 2019
I accept that there probably aren't loads of options waiting on the sideliness

I just think we need to move away from tried and tested failures, feel free to mark my words, Hasan Ali will have a disastrous tour (won't be the only one)

Sarfraz dropped some 100 catches and missed some 200 stumpings against New Zealand.

I CANNOT bear to watch Sydney 2010 happening again. Hopefully sense prevails and Rizwan plays.

Rizwan won't fit in my team until he goes back to domestic and puts in some hard work.
I would rather have Sarfraz continue until we find a suitable young replacement.

Rizwan scored one 50 in his last match vs poor sri lanka bowling , sarfaraz scored one 50 and century vs good new Zealand bowling

in the last couple of years Sarfraz has an average of of 60+ and Rizwan has an average of 36 in tests

Sarfraz has also won his team the QAE Trophy and is averaging at 99 in domestic

what has Rizwan done other than that 50 against weak sri lanka? 12 games in a row before that Rizwan didn't even get a 50

Sarfaraz is a good player, but the only concern is his age and durability. Though he is in the squad for Australia tour 2023-24

Faheem at 7
Then 3 quicks and Abrar

That is pretty much how thier bowling line up should be.

Rizwan won't fit in my team until he goes back to domestic and puts in some hard work.
I would rather have Sarfraz continue until we find a suitable young replacement.

Rizwan scored one 50 in his last match vs poor sri lanka bowling , sarfaraz scored one 50 and century vs good new Zealand bowling

in the last couple of years Sarfraz has an average of of 60+ and Rizwan has an average of 36 in tests

what has Rizwan done other than that 50 against weak sri lanka? 12 games in a row before that Rizwan didn't even get a 50
Rizwan is a better keeper so il go with Rizwan.

When is the first test?

It's probably the second hardest play for visiting teams and will be a challenging tour. Bowling of Pakistan is usually crap in Aus and unless bowling does well, it's hard to win a test. Batting can still draw a test, but batting is not that level as well.

Batters in the squad, a balanced lineup. But in the case of bowling, Hasan Ali and Noman Ali would be top performers, subject to their experience. I have no high expectations from our bowlers because we have a pretty ordinary bowling lineup.

Except Shaheen, none other bowlers in the squad has played Test Cricket on Australian soil before. And Shaheen has 5 wickets in 2 test matches in Australia at econ of 2.87

But i would not rate shaheen as our key bowler in this tour of Australia (2023-24). Because his fitness is not upto the mark.

with the squad selection from Wahab something rings bell that this recently retired folks wanna get a shot at these selector, coach, Director position for fun but when start their actual work it shows lack of knowledge and experience

Expect nothing from Professor, he is on a free holiday trip to Aus. Lol at someone who is a Steyns bunny and couldn’t score a 50 in Aus is their batting coach

with the squad selection from Wahab something rings bell that this recently retired folks wanna get a shot at these selector, coach, Director position for fun but when start their actual work it shows lack of knowledge and experience

Expect nothing from Professor, he is on a free holiday trip to Aus. Lol at someone who is a Steyns bunny and couldn’t score a 50 in Aus is their batting coach

Hafeez scored 72 runs in the second ODI vs Australia, Melbourne 2017. And Pakistan won that ODI.

Pakistan cricket team's training camp for the tour of Australia and New Zealand will start tomorrow at the Pindi Cricket Stadium.

The National Training Camp schedule is as follows.

Thursday 23 November. Practice from 10 am to 2 pm, Pindi Cricket Stadium (A player or a member of the coaching staff will be available for a media talk after the practice session).

Friday, November 24. Practice from 10 am to 2 pm, Pindi Cricket Stadium (A player or member of the coaching staff will be available for a media talk after the practice session).

Saturday 25 November. Two-day scenario match (first day) from 9 am to 4 pm, Pindi Cricket Stadium.

Sunday, November 26. From 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Two-Day Scenario Match (Day 2), Pindi Cricket Stadium (One player or member of the coaching staff will be available for a media talk after the match).

Monday 27 November: Rest day

Tuesday 28 November. Practice, Pindi Cricket Stadium from 10 am to 2 pm (One player or coaching staff member will be available for media talk after practice).

IMG-20231122-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20231122-WA0032.jpg

IMG-20231122-WA0033.jpg

IMG-20231122-WA0034.jpg

Last edited:
Can't stand Shaheen's picture. He disrespected Babar in the WC and the video evidence of him pushing Babar in the Afghanistan game is available. Shaheen bowled at 129-133 km/hr in his opening spells for the most of the WC and his ineffectiveness played a major part in our below par tournament. How the PCB rewarded him with the T20 captaincy is beyond me. I would kick both him and Rauf out of the team to teach them a lesson.

This is cool, but why can't our domestic wickets also be harder and greener.

Australian wickets are mostly flat, dry and hard. You won't find much swing, seam after the first few overs.

Pakistani bowlers must study the Bharat Arun bowling tactics and field placements i.e. straight flat ruthless off, middle stump bowling and a packed leg side field, no cuts and pulls. The goal is to restrict the Australian scoring rate i.e. 1-2 runs per over.

This is the team I want them to play

Saim
Abdullah
Shan
Babar
Saud
Sarfaraz
Agha
Jamal
Abrar
Shaheen
Khurram

But I think this is the team they will go ahead with

Imam
Abdullah
Shan
Babar
Saud
Rizwan
Sarfaraz
Faheem
Nauman
Shaheen
Hasan

Wicket keeper in test cricket is a keeper first and a batsman after that

Sarfraz actually was in the negative in the New Zealand series. Let Kane Williamson off at the start of his innings and Williamson ended up scoring 200

Cant even remember a single match in which Rizwan has not performed with the gloves. Hope sense prevails and Rizwan plays

Strong PM's XI squad named to face Pakistan

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and Cricket Australia’s National Selection Panel (NSP) have named the men’s squad for the Prime Minister’s XI match against Pakistan in Canberra.

South Australian batter Nathan McSweeney will captain a strong squad which features six players with experience at Test level.

Cameron Bancroft (505 runs), Beau Webster (487) and McSweeney (456) are the current leading Marsh Sheffield Shield run scorers, while Queensland quicks Mark Steketee and Michael Neser combined for 78 wickets last season.

Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Todd Murphy, Jimmy Peirson and Matthew Renshaw all featured in Australia’s Test squad during the recent Ashes campaign in England.

Thilan Samaraweera has been named Head Coach of the side after previously working with Australia A and Australia’s male underage pathway squads.

The playing squad will be supported throughout the match by local ACT Premier cricketers, Eric Bell and Lachlan Simpson, who will have the opportunity to train alongside and learn from the best domestic talent in Australia.

The four-day fixture against Pakistan begins on Wednesday, 6 December at Manuka Oval.

Prime Minister’s XI squad:

Nathan McSweeney (c) (SA - Glenelg Cricket Club)

Cameron Bancroft (WA - Willetton Premier Cricket Club)

Cameron Green (WA - Subiaco Floreat Cricket Club)

Marcus Harris (VIC - St Kilda Cricket Club)

Nathan McAndrew (SA - Woodville District Cricket Club)

Todd Murphy (VIC - St Kilda Cricket Club)

Michael Neser (QLD - Gold Coast District Cricket Club)

Jimmy Peirson (QLD - Redlands Cricket Club)

Matthew Renshaw (QLD - Toombul District Cricket Club)

Mark Steketee (QLD - Valley District Cricket Club)

Beau Webster (TAS - Kingborough District Cricket Club)

Quotes attributable to Prime Minister Albanese:

“The Prime Minister’s XI has a rich history within Australian Cricket, and I am delighted to confirm the squad to face Pakistan next month.

“George Bailey, Tony Dodemaide and I have selected an experienced squad of players who are on the cusp of Test selection.

“I want to congratulate Nathan McSweeney on the honour of being named as captain. I know he’ll lead the side expertly and within the traditions and spirit of this great fixture.

“I’d also like to congratulate Pat Cummins and his world champion team on their World Cup victory.

“Their run to the final and amazing performance to beat India on Sunday night captivated the nation.

“Of course – Captain Pat and his team’s heroics continue what has been an incredibly successful year for both the Australian men's and women's teams.

“Same old Aussies – Always winning!”

NSP Chair of Selectors, George Bailey said:

“We’re pleased to reward some of our leading first-class performers over multiple seasons with an opportunity to face quality international opposition.

“Selection in the Prime Minister’s XI is a great honour for any cricketer and plays an important part in our men’s representative program, along with recent Australia A series.

“With a heavy workload of Test cricket coming this summer, this match provides an opportunity to continue to build depth around our national red ball squad.

“We thank Prime Minister Albanese for his input into the squad’s selection that aligns with the traditions of the match with some of the country’s most exciting developing cricketers mixed with some highly experienced players.”

SOURCE: CRICKET AUSTRALIA​

This will be a huge test and learning platform for Pakistani batters to get to know the conditions and test their skills. This tour is not going to be easy for new captain.

Pakistan team's camp for the Australian Tour has started today. The Pakistan Cricket Board has included three bowlers, Sameen Gul, Ali Shafiq, and Mohammad Ali, in the training camp for the Pakistan cricket team in Rawalpindi. Fast bowler Shahnawaz Dahani is not fit for bowling, so it has been decided to send him to the National Cricket Academy for rehab. The Pakistan Cricket Board has allowed Babar Azam, Sarfaraz Ahmed, and Usman Qadir to participate in Imam-ul-Haq’s wedding after practice today, however, these three cricketers will be present for practice in the camp tomorrow.

Following are some of the glimpses from that Training Camp session today.

1700724838845.png
1700724907696.png

1700724922231.png

1700724942747.png

1700724958860.png1700724978875.png1700725016949.png

Sarfraz dokha nahin degha yaar..

Sarfraz dokha nahin degha yaar..
You guys have always had solid keepers

Saha and now Bharat. People who are keepers first and Batsmen after that in test matches. And then there is Pant- the genuine all-rounder equally good with both keeping and batting

I don't remember an Indian match that the opposition won because of the fault of the Indian keeper so you wouldn't understand

Sarfraz has become just like Akmal now. Who costed us multiple test matches with this pathetic keeping

Wicket keeper in test cricket is a keeper first and a batsman after that

Sarfraz actually was in the negative in the New Zealand series. Let Kane Williamson off at the start of his innings and Williamson ended up scoring 200

Cant even remember a single match in which Rizwan has not performed with the gloves. Hope sense prevails and Rizwan plays
Rizwan was pathetic with the gloves in the world cup.

He stood way to back on slow pitches, would fumble the ball giving easy singles and I also remember him shelling a couple of chances. Even compared to part time keepers like Rahul, he looked a league below

Sarfraz as been busy grinding it out in domestics. Watching some games from the QAE trophy, his keeping looks peak and combine that with his terrific batting form, his selection to Australia is a no brainer

He stood way to back on slow pitches, would fumble the ball giving easy singles and I also remember him shelling a couple of chances. Even compared to part time keepers like Rahul, he looked a league below

Sarfraz as been busy grinding it out in domestics. Watching some games from the QAE trophy, his keeping looks peak and combine that with his terrific batting form, his selection to Australia is a no brainer
Don't make stuff up to favour a mediocre cricketer like Sarfraz

I watched all Pakistan matches of the World Cup and Rizwan was brilliant behind the stumps

I also watched the New Zealand test series and after that, Sarfraz should never have worn the gloves. If he is good enough as a batsman, he can play. Otherwise not
Can he replace Saud at 5? If no, hopefully he sits out

Australian wickets are mostly flat, dry and hard. You won't find much swing, seam after the first few overs.

Pakistani bowlers must study the Bharat Arun bowling tactics and field placements i.e. straight flat ruthless off, middle stump bowling and a packed leg side field, no cuts and pulls. The goal is to restrict the Australian scoring rate i.e. 1-2 runs per over.
Perth will be quick and bouncy. can swing depending on wind and coastal conditions (see Johnson with some great spells there).

Melbourne is the Australian lottery pitch. Can be a road. Or a bit of rain in prep and a millimetre or two of grass and it's a swinging, seaming minefield for 1.5/2 days. Average score in Shield this season is just 200 runs...

Sydney has had rain in NY last few years due to El Nina weather system. That is supposed to be past, with EL Nino back, which means hot, dry, flat, may turn.

International cricket compared with Pakistan domestics lol. There is a dinosaur size gap between the two.

Also this squad selection has been simply pathetic, says how much this recently retired cricketers don’t know anything about domestics. There were number of fast bowlers in domestics and Wahab knows nothing and he openly cried over Haris Rauf who had zero red ball experience, really lol.

And taking Shaheen who was like half fit in the CWC already should have given rest.

Sameen Gul was a standout for me , he should be the first name in the sheet
Age 24 tall fast bowler with 5+ years of FC experience but he has selected Aamer Jamal out of nowhere and Wasim Jr to go with who got zero experience in domestics
Aamer Jamal is an avg 30 bowler who can bat a little bit like Faheem. When they have Faheem that is enough for this team

I have hopes from Aamer Jamal as well , He might clock 152k+ in Aus conditions and is a genuine workhorse who doesn't get tired , too bad he can't move the ball in any direction at all but can be handy on bouncy and flat wickets as he bowls a heavy ball and has got a deceptive yorker in his armory.

I have hopes from Aamer Jamal as well , He might clock 152k+ in Aus conditions and is a genuine workhorse who doesn't get tired , too bad he can't move the ball in any direction at all but can be handy on bouncy and flat wickets as he bowls a heavy ball and has got a deceptive yorker in his armory.
First time I am hearing Jamal is a 150 plus pacer even in T 20 he was clicking only 140

Winning a test in Australia against Australia is a big ask for this team. Maybe draw is the most they can do.
Tell them, each member will get a nice big cake of their choice if they can pull it off.

First time I am hearing Jamal is a 150 plus pacer even in T 20 he was clicking only 140
Well he clicked one at 148k and one at 149K in the same T20 competition if you remember and he was consistently hitting 144/5k in one match but in most of the tournament he was between 137-143K, He has improved since then quite a bit in this season in terms of consistency and stamina , so he definitely having a potential to clock in excess of 150k in Aus conditions.

Tell them, each member will get a nice big cake of their choice if they can pull it off.
Shan will get all the praise if he manages to win somehow. Not easy for a new captain who himself is not liked by many.

Why does Sameen, consistently miss out on tours of AUS. If there was any pitches in the world, test matches in Australia would be the place, its not like the others have any records to speak of.

While talking to local media, Umar Gul highlighted strategies of Pakistan's preparation ahead of Australia tour 2023-4:

"Today was our first day of training. We are preparing for Australian conditions, and just like the pitches we will encounter there, our team management and groundsmen have prepared pitches here specifically according to those requirements. Our main focus is to start practicing based on the conditions there."

"We have 4 different types of pitches on which we are practicing. The conditions there are obviously challenging, requiring a great deal of hard work. Considering those conditions, we are preparing for it. We are hopeful that the hard work we have put in here will pay off, and going forward, we also have a four-day game in Australia. That will help out preparations as well."

He does reverse it

While talking to local media, Umar Gul highlighted strategies of Pakistan's preparation ahead of Australia tour 2023-4:

"Today was our first day of training. We are preparing for Australian conditions, and just like the pitches we will encounter there, our team management and groundsmen have prepared pitches here specifically according to those requirements. Our main focus is to start practicing based on the conditions there."

"We have 4 different types of pitches on which we are practicing. The conditions there are obviously challenging, requiring a great deal of hard work. Considering those conditions, we are preparing for it. We are hopeful that the hard work we have put in here will pay off, and going forward, we also have a four-day game in Australia. That will help out preparations as well."

As Asad T mentioned before, they showed 4 pitches prepared according to Australian conditions during the national tournament.

However, if they are practicing on such pitches, I hope for good results in this tour of Australia in 2023-24.

Last edited:
Are they practicing on drop in pitches? or else how would they can produce Australian type pitches? I don't understand.

The Men in Green in training camp at the Pindi Cricket Stadium for the Test series against Australia.

International cricket compared with Pakistan domestics lol. There is a dinosaur size gap between the two.

Also this squad selection has been simply pathetic, says how much this recently retired cricketers don’t know anything about domestics. There were number of fast bowlers in domestics and Wahab knows nothing and he openly cried over Haris Rauf who had zero red ball experience, really lol.

And taking Shaheen who was like half fit in the CWC already should have given rest.

Sameen Gul was a standout for me , he should be the first name in the sheet
Age 24 tall fast bowler with 5+ years of FC experience but he has selected Aamer Jamal out of nowhere and Wasim Jr to go with who got zero experience in domestics
Aamer Jamal is an avg 30 bowler who can bat a little bit like Faheem. When they have Faheem that is enough for this team

where do you think Rizwan dropped from? genuine question lol

Rizwan didn't drop from Australia he came out of the same domestic your laughing at and Sarfraz plays the same domestic and just averaged 99 in that same domestic Rizwan played in and won his team the Quaid e azam trophy this seasom

some of these players have put in hard yards and have been selected on merit

your talking about Sameen gul he averaged 30 this season 18 wickets where as khuram shehzad and mir hamza took 36 wickets in the same amount of games at an average of 20 and aamer jamal took 12 wickets in 4 games

I understand your a fan Sameen would like to see him play but the first names that should be on the sheet are of those currently performing in domestic. this is the trick we missed in the past as we have been selecting players based on reputation and not performance

Former Australian captain Ian Chappell has provided a grim warning for Pakistan's tour of Australia after Babar Azam quit as skipper following a failed World Cup campaign.

Chappell said it is "typical" of Pakistan to have that sort of drama leading into an away series.

"Yeah that's a pity, I think Babar's a very good player,"

"He's not leaving the Pakistan side and maybe they can find a better captain. But it's typical of Pakistan, they change captains (frequently)."

"The problem with Pakistan is they don't have a great record in Australia, even when they had good sides who could bat and bowl,"

"They've got some good quickies at the moment but the bounce of Australian pitches has always troubled them.

"If you look at the Australian side, they might be on the wane a bit, particularly when Warner goes but they've still got a very good attack and it's a good pace attack.

"Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, those blokes will worry Pakistan with that extra bounce."

Will be a very tought tour for Pakistani team,

The second day of the Pakistan cricket team’s camp has begun at the Pindi Cricket Stadium. Babar Azam, Sarfaraz Ahmed, and Usman Qadir have rejoined the camp after attending Imam-ul-Haq’s wedding. Hasan Ali has also joined the camp. Off-spinner Sajid Khan is also part of the camp. Sameen Gul, Mohammad Ali, and Ali Shafiq have also joined the camp.

PCB​

Sameen Gul was a no brainer to be honest , I don't how he misses out. He is a much faster and taller version of M.Abbas and can do wonders in Aus conditions.
That would be Mohd Umar not Sameen Gul. An effective version of Abbas who can bowl around 85mph and is 6feet tall. Hell to face with new ball. But honestly such bowlers bore me to death.

Sameen gul is neither here nor there imo. Neither very fast nor very accurate. And doesn't get that much off surface. He just inswings it big.

I was looking at a video of the net session of the bowlers.

Khurram Shahzad looked good. Bowling that near perfect test line and length with decent pace. Looked the best bowler out there.

Shaheen looked a bit out of rhythm still. He needs to be 100% on top of his game if Pakistan want early breakthroughs.

Mir Hamza bowled in good lines but his pace is low. Don't think he will be playing in the first two test matches. He's just there as a backup of Shaheen.

Kashif Ali (not in the squad) looked good. Bowling action a bit like Wasim Jr, but a lot more straightish arm and upright seam. Also getting the ball to come in a little.

Aamer Jamal has pace. He can bowl 140+, but he's not disciplined. If he starts he should be used in shorts burst spells.

Did not saw other pacers so can't comment about them.

I was looking at a video of the net session of the bowlers.

Khurram Shahzad looked good. Bowling that near perfect test line and length with decent pace. Looked the best bowler out there.

Shaheen looked a bit out of rhythm still. He needs to be 100% on top of his game if Pakistan want early breakthroughs.

Mir Hamza bowled in good lines but his pace is low. Don't think he will be playing in the first two test matches. He's just there as a backup of Shaheen.

Kashif Ali (not in the squad) looked good. Bowling action a bit like Wasim Jr, but a lot more straightish arm and upright seam. Also getting the ball to come in a little.

Aamer Jamal has pace. He can bowl 140+, but he's not disciplined. If he starts he should be used in shorts burst spells.

Did not saw other pacers so can't comment about them.
Sir with your analysis it seems we have got our Anderson Johnson and Vaas, all problem solved.

Everybody looks OK in nets until you come up against World.class batsmen who challenge your game , look at Rauf menacing in nets but got schooled by Kohli Rohit & Warner at will.

Sir with your analysis it seems we have got our Anderson Johnson and Vaas, all problem solved.

Everybody looks OK in nets until you come up against World.class batsmen who challenge your game , look at Rauf menacing in nets but got schooled by Kohli Rohit & Warner at will.
I mentioned it's a video of net bowling.

We won't be seeing them on the pitch at all until the tour actually happens. Whatever options are available, you have to try and pick your best XI.

Hopefully in this tour camp, there is a session where bowlers only bowl short pitch stuff to batsmen at high frequency otherwise no purpose of this camp apart from gup shop and chilling

Almost every batter seems to be struggling against every bowler in the nets (Except Shaheen and Mir Hamza) and it is because the have bouncy pitch with grass on it ,

Back