[PICTURES] 18-member Test squad announced for Australia tour

This is another opportunity for Pakistan to show that they are not pushovers in Test cricket. Let us see what happens.

I hope so too because the majority of the squad is being selected on merit, except for a few.

Imam??? are you serious?
I guess you forget that he is a sitting duck against a short ball which Australian bowlers will keep on bowling in those conditions. I will take saim ayub for the opening. Although, i am not in favour of feeding young blood to the aussies but if imam is there then i will take saim for him.
Surprisingly Imam looks comfortable against Australia.

Two Spinners in Perth is overkill.

Hasan Ali is now a 127-128 km/hr trundler. Khurram Shehzad is a better bet. Will need to gamble with Faheem Ashraf in place of Noman Ali
Our best bet to be competitive is by keeping the economy in check and keep Aussies under 3.5 runs an over. Both Noman & Abrar have to play no matter what pitch.

What do you reckon, guys? Who will be the top wicket-taker and run-scorer for Pakistan?

I think Babar, Rizwan, and Sarfaraz will be the highest scorers.

Abrar and Khurram Shahzad will be the top wicket-takers.
I hope they give chance to Khurram and Mir hamza the domestic performers. not just go with a already known line up as Shaheen, Hasan , Faheem, Abraar and Nauman.. If this is the attack then Aus will put a score in excess of 600 every single inns and Pak will keep on trailing and lose by an inns in each test...

Would like to see Shaheen , Khurram , Mir Hamza , Hasan/Faheem, Abraar as the bowling line up..
At perth it is not going to spin even on day 5... Australia will go with just Lyon as the lonely spinner..

Pakistan should take 4 seamers and 1 spinner. just like Australia.. Interesting to see those intellectual minds of Hafeez and Shan will do here. Hope the team can show some fight and make it tough for aussies.....

With the modern day batting even if they score 350 in first inns it is not a good score these day when they let Aus score 600+ and then chase the game to avoid inns defeat ....

The big expectation for me with Hafeez and Shan is that having 4 fielders in the slip cordon and going for wickets early on...

Our best bet to be competitive is by keeping the economy in check and keep Aussies under 3.5 runs an over. Both Noman & Abrar have to play no matter what pitch.
Saud Babar and Shan can cover that quota of wicketless bowling from Nauman ali... Just have a look at Naumans avg in tests for the last 2 years even in spin friendly conditions... he is a toothless , penetrationless , tired old spin bowler shouldnt have been selected in the squad in the first place..

Our only chance is spin. I am backing Noman uncle and Abrar
1701609368602.png
Naumans record in spin friendly conditions, no idea why he was selected.... he will surely go wicketless if selected ..

Two spinners at Perth drop-in pitch will be a very bad move.. Nauman will have figures like 36-3-190-0

Saud Babar and Shan can cover that quota of wicketless bowling from Nauman ali... Just have a look at Naumans avg in tests for the last 2 years even in spin friendly conditions... he is a toothless , penetrationless , tired old spin bowler shouldnt have been selected in the squad in the first place..
You are underestimating Nomi uncle.

My first XI

1. Abdullah Shafique
2. Shan Masood
3. Saud Shakeel
4. Babar Azam
5. Mohammad Rizwan
6. Agha Salman
7. Sarfraz Ahmed WK
8. Faheem Ashraf
9. Shaheen Afridi
10. Hasan Ali/Abrar Ahmed if spinning conditions
11. Khurram Shehzad

Imam??? are you serious?
I guess you forget that he is a sitting duck against a short ball which Australian bowlers will keep on bowling in those conditions. I will take saim ayub for the opening. Although, i am not in favour of feeding young blood to the aussies but if imam is there then i will take saim for him.
Imaam has done okay whilst I agree he will struggle against the short ball and swing he still should be played in the atleast 2 tests.

Imaam
Abdullah
Shan
Babar
Saud
Rizwan
Agha Salman
Wasim Jnr
Shaheen
Abrar
Shehzad

Back