[PICTURES] 18-member Test squad announced for Australia tour

Boys in green are practicing in full swing for Australia tour 2023-24. Putting in the hard yards.

IMG-20231124-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20231124-WA0029.jpg

IMG-20231124-WA0028.jpg

IMG-20231124-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20231124-WA0031.jpg

IMG-20231124-WA0032.jpg

Chairman PCB Management Committee Mr.Zaka Ashraf spoke to Pakistan Test squad members today at Pindi Stadium.

IMG-20231124-WA0057.jpg

IMG-20231124-WA0056.jpg

IMG-20231124-WA0054.jpg

IMG-20231124-WA0053.jpg

IMG-20231124-WA0055.jpg

I am just waiting for the selection of Sharjeel Khan.

I still remember the days when I stayed up well into the night to watch his majestic 40 in Australia as a TEST player, I can’t recall it, but he may have even hit a Chukka to, to join a very short and exclusive list of players who have achieved this for Pakistan, such as Umar Akmal

Sharjeel was my hero, I was a bit overweight during his peak, and I learned to celebrate and not shame a high body fat% Am just not the same anymore.

Are there anymore plus sized fans of Sharjeel out there? keep it up ya”ll, I don’t have the dedication

Not sure what they are trying to achieve its more like milna julna than some serious practice or strategy I hope bowlers are shown thorough video analysis of Australian batters and what length to bowl, the ground dimensions bowling ends, and role of each player

If pakistan really want to improve its cricket I wouldn't even worry about winning in Australia.
I would back the line up with upcoming promising cricketers and let them test the water.
Never know we might find a decent batsmen or a bowler at international level.

Saim Ayub
Abdullah Shafique
Shan Masood
Babar Azam
Saud Shakeel
Sarfaraz Ahmed
Amar Jamal
Khuram shehzad
Muhammed Wasim
Shaheen afridi
Abrar Ahmed
would go with HASAN Ali or Faheem instead of Aamer Jamal for experience otherwise this is a good lineup

would go with HASAN Ali or Faheem instead of Aamer Jamal for experience otherwise this is a good lineup
I think lack of pace in options is very worrying. Jamal of course is inexperienced and not as disciplined as Hasan. But you need someone that can come in rattle the opponents batter when everything becomes monotonous and there's a huge partnership building.

Wish we had already played Jamal and done a better job maintaining and developing the likes of Naseem, Ihsan and Haris.

The training camp for the Pakistan cricket team is ongoing at the Pindi Stadium. Today is the third day of the camp. Today and tomorrow, the players will play a two-day scenario match. Mohammad Wasim Junior has also joined the camp.

1700894441627.png
1700894455709.png1700894470664.png1700894482758.png

Looks like shan's catch has been dropped in the slips by Babar I guess... Captaincy effect LOL

Pakistan cricket squad for the 3 test match series against Australia continues to practice on Day-3

IMG-20231125-WA0043.jpg

IMG-20231125-WA0044.jpg

IMG-20231125-WA0042.jpg

Well the bowling attack is so poor that I don't even know if it's worth going there.
Such a awaited tour and we have 130kph bowlers all over the squad.

The training camp for the national test squad's tour of Australia is underway in Rawalpindi. The first day's play of the two-day scenario match concluded, with Pakistani batsmen scoring 298 runs.

Saim Ayub scored 35, Abdullah Shafique was dismissed for 3 runs, and Shan Masood retired after scoring 101.

Babar Azam contributed 71 runs, Saud Shakeel made 44, and Sarfaraz Ahmed is at the crease with 19 runs.

Khurram Shahzad and Aamir Jamal took one wicket each.

Last edited:
The training camp for the national test squad's tour of Australia is underway in Rawalpindi. The first day's play of the two-day scenario match concluded, with Pakistani batsmen scoring 298 runs.

Saim Ayub scored 35, Abdullah Shafique was dismissed for 3 runs, and Shan Masood retired after scoring 101*.

Babar Azam contributed 71* runs, Saud Shakeel made 44*, and Sarfaraz Ahmed is at the crease with 19* runs.

Khurram Shahzad and Aamir Jamal took one wicket each.

Highlights of the day one of the scenario based practice match at Rawalpindi stadium.

I watched the conference with Wahab and he spoke well about the reasons behind the selection due to the availability of players. He also did mention in quite clear terms Harris Rauf said he was open for selection and then decided the day before he didn’t want to play any more.

The physio advised he is perfectly fit, Harris Rauf said he was fatigued. Wahab and Hafeez tried to push for him to play however Rauf declined.

Wahab did also tell him he will help manage fatigue and a failure of this series wouldn’t affect future selection however Rauf declined.

In Aus, you need a bit of experienced bowlers to not go overboard after seeing some bounce. Bowling too short will make it easier for Aus. Also keeping it tight is needed. If Aus is scoring fast then there is no hope. In two session game gets done.

2nd day of the 2-day scenerio based game continues as Pakistani squad continues to practice for the Australian Tour.

1700980752710.png
1700980784290.png1700980801333.png1700980815141.png

We were always let down by our bowling down-under despite the fact that Australian pitches favors fast bowling and we had sent our best bowlers to Australia and we struggled a lot.
This time around we don't have any hype around and sending a very average team with very few performers. Lets c how it goes. I expect Pakistan to win/draw at least 1 test match this time if they play attacking cricket as shan suggests being a captain.

Someone like Shaheen needs to have a big series 16-18 wickets for us to put a challenge in atleast one of the games with some support from Abrar, Waseem , Khurram etc

Thank God we have Test cricket coming up after the WC disappointment for our nation. Will definitely enjoy both this as well as India's Test series in South Africa.

01 - Abdullah Shafique
02 - Shan Masood
03 - Babar Azam
04 - Saud Shakeel
05 - Sarfaraz Ahmed
06 - Saim Ayub
07 - Aamir Jamal
08 - Shaheen Shah Afridi
09 - Abrar Ahmed
10 - Khurram Shahzad
11 - Mir Hamza

01 - Abdullah Shafique
02 - Shan Masood
03 - Babar Azam
04 - Saud Shakeel
05 - Sarfaraz Ahmed
06 - Saim Ayub
07 - Aamir Jamal
08 - Shaheen Shah Afridi
09 - Abrar Ahmed
10 - Khurram Shahzad
11 - Mir Hamza
Batting is a bit too thin. Maybe wasim Jr or Faheem can replace Mir Hamza

The difference is quality of bowling. Pakistan bowling is way too toothless to take 20 wickets compared to India
We dont have any option other than to back them up. Its already a best squad available except one bowler (naseem).

My team for Perth
Imam
Abdullah
Shan
Bobby
Saud
Rizwan
Faheem
Jamal
Shaheen
Abrar
Khurram

Most likely side they will pick
Abdullah
Imam
Shan
Bobby
Saud
Sarfraz
Salman
Shaheen
Hassan
Khurram
Abrar

Thank God we have Test cricket coming up after the WC disappointment for our nation. Will definitely enjoy both this as well as India's Test series in South Africa.
Same. Despite the disappointment in the WC and the eminent thrashing in the this tour of Australia. There's something about watching Test matches played in big cricketing nations.

If we can prepare a bouncy pitch to somewhat mimic aussie conditions, why not do this for all domestic pitches.

JaWlmZ1.png

An interesting thing I noted was Pakistan is playing the intra-squad match (scenarios) in colored clothing.

Why not mimic Test conditions including seeing the ball coming out of white clothing? Especially for fielding and batting. Seems like a little detail to help get the eye and brain used to what you would see in Test matches.

Maybe other teams also play intra-squad games in colored clothing but I'm interested in knowing why not white clothing.

An interesting thing I noted was Pakistan is playing the intra-squad match (scenarios) in colored clothing.

Why not mimic Test conditions including seeing the ball coming out of white clothing? Especially for fielding and batting. Seems like a little detail to help get the eye and brain used to what you would see in Test matches.

Maybe other teams also play intra-squad games in colored clothing but I'm interested in knowing why not white clothing.

Yes, they are also playing in hoodies, and some in sleeveless. Gives the illusion that they are not taking it seriously.

the question is question is, whether Wasim jr or Faheem are capable?
Faheem is capable of averaging 25 with bat and around bowl like a work horse without much penetration. Mir Hamza will provide similar stuff without 25 average with bat

Wasim is a gamble I believe with bat he can average 20 odd but with ball if it reverses can get some wickets

Faheem is capable of averaging 25 with bat and around bowl like a work horse without much penetration. Mir Hamza will provide similar stuff without 25 average with bat

Wasim is a gamble I believe with bat he can average 20 odd but with ball if it reverses can get some wickets
I believe Faheem needs to play at no. 7 as a 4th pacer if Pakistan want to go with 4. Which I think they should.

Wasim and Jamal are prospect All Rounders but they haven't done anything with the bat much. Not even in domestic. At least with Faheem he has the performances to back his batting position at no. 7.

Sorry to break it to you but even managing to get two draws against aussies this series would be no less than a great feat. let alone winning a game
Australian team is either not very stronger. They have lost a test series in home against india b side

I believe Faheem needs to play at no. 7 as a 4th pacer if Pakistan want to go with 4. Which I think they should.

Wasim and Jamal are prospect All Rounders but they haven't done anything with the bat much. Not even in domestic. At least with Faheem he has the performances to back his batting position at no. 7.
1. Imam
2. Abdullah
3. Shan
4. Babar
5. Saud
6. Riz/sarf
7. Faheem
8. One of wasim/Jamal
9. Shaheen
10. Hasan/Khurram
11. Abrar (at Perth play Mir Hamza)

4 seam+ 1 spinner. That is the most balanced team Pakistan can field from the squad.

Surely Imam cannot play after his short ball struggles in India. He also didn't do much against SL in the last test series.

As I see it, Faheem has to play as the 4th pacer batting at 7.

Around that #7 spot, you throw in your best 6 batsmen and best 3 fast bowlers and the best spinner.

I think we should go with the following:

Shan
Abdullah
Babar
Saud
Sarfaraz/Rizwan/Salman
Sarfaraz/Rizwan/Salman
Faheem
Shaheen
Hasan
Abrar
Mir Hamza

With the squad already light on experience and quality , team management needs to be cautios not to hand over debuts like a lottery rather go with experienced players andntry to get grip on conditions

Shafiq
Imam
Shan
Babar
Saud
Rizwan
Faheem
SSA
Hassan
WasimJr
Abrar
--------------

Bowling attack is very weak specially through players on bench hopefully this lot will give their best , huge test for Abrar

1. Imam
2. Abdullah
3. Shan
4. Babar
5. Saud
6. Riz/sarf
7. Faheem
8. One of wasim/Jamal
9. Shaheen
10. Hasan/Khurram
11. Abrar (at Perth play Mir Hamza)

4 seam+ 1 spinner. That is the most balanced team Pakistan can field from the squad.
Agreed. Although Ideally I would want to drop Imam for Salman or Saim.

The training camp for the Pakistan cricket team began today at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore, and today is the last day of the camp. Team Director Mohammad Hafeez will hold a press conference at four o’clock this evening.

PCB​

it will be 4 0 to aussies in a three test series that is the phainty we are expecting. I believe they beat us home in pakistan so what chance do we have over there. As Chappel said just keep bringing India there for competetion

Some glimpses of Pakistan team's training session today. Boys are sweating it out.

1701167538803.png

1701167563155.png1701167574980.png

1701167590113.png

Australia's World Cup quicks set to remain key in Test summer

Australia's pace trio of Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins and Josh Hazlewood have a big Test summer coming up with ICC World Test Championship series against Pakistan, West Indies and New Zealand on the cards.

Australia's World Cup-winning skipper Pat Cummins hinted at little to no rest for Australia's all-format quicks, including himself, in a season filled with lots of Test cricket.

With Australia set to take on Pakistan in a two-match Test series in mid-December, Cummins expressed that "you never miss a Test if you are fully fit", basically underlining that the title-winning quicks from India would likely start with the red ball in the first Test in Perth that begins on 14 December.

"Realistically the word rest and rotated gets thrown around a lot but you never miss a Test if you are fully fit," Cummins said at the Sydney Cricket Ground where he brought the World Cup trophy.

"While over the last couple of years, we might have been rested from the odd game, the bulk of work we've been able to do is because of those small gaps. If we are fully fit we won't be resting."

Australia sit third on the World Test Championship table with two wins and two losses and have a home series against West Indies and a two-match away series against New Zealand before April to follow the Pakistan Tests.

"You are always dealing with something as a bowler," he said, saying the quicks would be raring to go if not injured.

"When your hamstring starts to feel then you feel a pain somewhere else, then you wake up the next day and it's moved somewhere else."

Cummins also stated that he has started getting better as a captain and Mitchell Starc, who was alongside him at the SCG, agreed with his skipper.

"I definitely get better with captaincy every game, absolutely," Cummins said.

"You learn so much in your wins, and even more so in your losses. No doubt I'm getting better."

Starc went on to praise Cummins, stating that captaincy was a key factor behind Australia's triumph in the World Cup.

"He's been phenomenal – the last few months have spoken to that," Starc said.

"He certainly had his critics. There's an opinion that [captaincy] has to be done a certain way. Pat's never been fazed by that or outside noise. A lot of [team's success] has to do with the way Pat captained through the World Cup, particularly that last game.

"Things were done differently and bravely, and we're standing here with the trophy."

ICC​

Pakistan has to face the pace trio of stars, hazelwood and Cummins in Australian conditions which is very difficult for any asian side. Looks like this trio is all set to start the test summer with a series against Pakistan.

Lahore, 28 November 2023: Pakistan Cricket Board has announced the Team Management for the upcoming Test tour to Australia, which is scheduled to take place from December 2023 to January 2024. They will be playing three Test matches in Australia.

Team Management:
Naveed Akram Cheema (Team manager), Mohammad Hafeez (Director – Pakistan men’s cricket team), Adam Hollioake (batting coach), Simon Grant Helmot (high performance coach), Umar Gul (fast bowling coach), Saeed Ajmal (spin bowling coach), Abdul Majeed (fielding coach), Mansoor Rana (assistant team manager), Shahid Aslam (assistant batting coach), Drikus Saaiman (strength and conditioning coach/Trainer), Cliffe Deacon (physiotherapist), Talha Ejaz (team analyst), Lt Col (Rtd) Akhtar Hussain (security manager), Raza Rashid Kitchlew (media manager), Ammar Ahsan (videographer), Dr Sohail Saleem (team doctor) and Malang Ali (team masseur).

The Pakistan cricket team will play their first Test match against Australia in Perth from 14 to 18 December, followed by a Test match in Melbourne, from 26 to 30 December. Sydney will host the last game of the tour from 3 to 7 January, 2024.

The squad is set to depart from Lahore on 30 November.

Pakistan squad for Australia Tests: Shan Masood (captain), Aamir Jamal, Abdullah Shafique, Abrar Ahmed, Babar Azam, Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Imam-ul-Haq, Khurram Shahzad, Mir Hamza, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Noman Ali, Saim Ayub, Salman Ali Agha, Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk), Saud Shakeel and Shaheen Shah Afridi.

+++

Adam Hollioake as batting coach for the tour is a random choice. But exciting at the same time.

Simon Helmot and Adam Hollioke seem like good appointments on paper. Experienced coaches.

Simon Helmot and Adam Hollioke seem like good appointments on paper. Experienced coaches.

Wasn't Adam Hollioke once in charge of a multi million dollar family real estate business in Australia which went bankrupt and forced him into becoming a MMA fighter? What is his background in coaching especially in Australia?

What is Simon Helmot's background and how will he help the Pakistani team in Australia?

Pakistan needed an Australian Bowling coach for this tour as it is our bowling which routinely struggles in Australia.

Wasn't Adam Hollioke once in charge of a multi million dollar family real estate business in Australia which went bankrupt and forced him into becoming a MMA fighter? What is his background in coaching especially in Australia?

What is Simon Helmot's background and how will he help the Pakistani team in Australia?

Pakistan needed an Australian Bowling coach for this tour as it is our bowling which routinely struggles in Australia.
Adam Hollioake isn't handling any business aspects at PCB for the tour. One thing we have to remember is, For Australia tests we are starting at 0 considering how bad our prep has been and how pathetically our team has done there in tests in last 25 years. So even a draw would be a consolation here tbh.
Hollioake has been involved in coaching for England Lions and in domestics for last 5-6 years. Not a groundbreaking appointment, possibly just got him for cheap. He is mainly a fielding coach, so the batting position is a bit puzzling.

Meanwhile Helmot has been doing coaching in Australia for over 15 years and has been involved in High performance programs, academies and various stints in BBL. His main specialty is bowling which is good.

whats the point of extended pre test camps, fork out some money, go there early and play 2 or 3 extra warm up games. also all this talk of preparing batsman for bouncy wickets, when paks main issue in aus is taking 20 wickets. the PCBs old tradition of token gestures taking precedence over actual planning and strategy remain strong.

whats the point of extended pre test camps, fork out some money, go there early and play 2 or 3 extra warm up games. also all this talk of preparing batsman for bouncy wickets, when paks main issue in aus is taking 20 wickets. the PCBs old tradition of token gestures taking precedence over actual planning and strategy remain strong.
+1

Pakistan has bowled really poor in the last 10 years in Aus.

Bowling average of all touring teams in Aus in the last 10 years

AusBowl.jpg
If you give 70 runs per wicket then opposition is going to score 1400 runs for 20 wickets. There is no way any batting is going to be enough to win matches with this kind of bowling. Batting has actually done reasonably well in recent times, but not good enough to force a draw. Babar and Co simply needs to bat really big to draw a game in Aus and break the streak of losing every single test in Aus for 2-3 decades. Batting really big is not that hard in Aus if you can handle bounce. You just need one really big inning and match can be drawn.

I am not optimistic about Pakistan taking 20 wickets in Aus. Hopefully, Pakistan proves me wrong.

+1

Pakistan has bowled really poor in the last 10 years in Aus.

Bowling average of all touring teams in Aus in the last 10 years

View attachment 139499
If you give 70 runs per wicket then opposition is going to score 1400 runs for 20 wickets. There is no way any batting is going to be enough to win matches with this kind of bowling. Batting has actually done reasonably well in recent times, but not good enough to force a draw. Babar and Co simply needs to bat really big to draw a game in Aus and break the streak of losing every single test in Aus for 2-3 decades. Batting really big is not that hard in Aus if you can handle bounce. You just need one really big inning and match can be drawn.

I am not optimistic about Pakistan taking 20 wickets in Aus. Hopefully, Pakistan proves me wrong.
india showed how its possible to do it, you need a lot of disciplined bowling, and player specific plans, pak will go in bowl bouncers "because Australia mate", warner will hit a triple hundo, and by the third test they'll be a thread asking why mir hamza was chosen above Mohamad abbas.

also abrar's fingers will fall off after bowling 400 overs.

FWIW aus will trounce pak 2-0. The gap between the 2 teams is so huge that a decent loss would seem like a victory. And they have to play a spinner even in Perth. Too many teams go Perth and pick no spinners and get thrashed. They should have schedules a 5 match t20 series instead of the 2 test... hope the pak pacers dont breakdown with the workload

One interesting thing about the 18 player squad is that you can pretty much pick any combination of 11 players, and the quality (or lack of) shall remain the same.

Here is my proposed XI for the first test:

1. Abdullah Shafique
2. Imam ul Haq
3. Shan Masood
4. Babar Azam
5. Saud Shakeel
6. Mohammad Rizwan
7. Amir Jamal
8. Noman Ali
9. Shaheen Afridi
10. Hasan Ali
11. Abrar Ahmed

I have picked Noman Ali to control the economy rate.

No offense but this Talha Ejaz (team analyst) person needs to go. What have we seen from him to help analyze other teams weaknesses?

Isn’t his role one of the most valuable in this, and he has been with the team for a while.

The difference is quality of bowling. Pakistan bowling is way too toothless to take 20 wickets compared to India
Would be genuinely surprised if they take 20 wickets throughout the course of the entire series tbh

1. Abdullah Shafique
2. Imam ul Haq
3. Shan Masood
4. Babar Azam
5. Saud Shakeel
6. Mohammad Rizwan
7. Amir Jamal
8. Noman Ali
9. Shaheen Afridi
10. Hasan Ali
11. Abrar Ahmed

Two Spinners in Perth is overkill.

Hasan Ali is now a 127-128 km/hr trundler. Khurram Shehzad is a better bet. Will need to gamble with Faheem Ashraf in place of Noman Ali

01 - Abdullah Shafique
02 - Shan Masood
03 - Babar Azam
04 - Saud Shakeel
05 - Sarfaraz Ahmed
06 - Saim Ayub
07 - Aamir Jamal
08 - Shaheen Shah Afridi
09 - Abrar Ahmed
10 - Khurram Shahzad
11 - Mir Hamza
This is a very savvy 11.
Saim Ayub at no6 is a fantastic choice. Will be think out of the box? Classic test cricket to have second opener come at no6.

Bowling wise, amazing picks. All experienced FC campaigners who can keep it tight at 130-135, which is exactly what we need.

1. Abdullah Shafique
2. Imam ul Haq
3. Shan Masood
4. Babar Azam
5. Saud Shakeel
6. Mohammad Rizwan
7. Amir Jamal
8. Noman Ali
9. Shaheen Afridi
10. Hasan Ali
11. Abrar Ahmed

Imam??? are you serious?
I guess you forget that he is a sitting duck against a short ball which Australian bowlers will keep on bowling in those conditions. I will take saim ayub for the opening. Although, i am not in favour of feeding young blood to the aussies but if imam is there then i will take saim for him.

Drop-in pitches installed at Perth Stadium ahead of the upcoming NRMA Insurance West Test between Australia and Pakistan

The World Cup and ICC World Test Champion Australians will take on Pakistan from December 14-18 at Perth Stadium, showcasing Western Australia to the world.

The wicket square consists of five drop-in pitches, with each one weighing around 25 tonnes and the entire installation process takes more than two days.

The drop-in wicket has been curated at the stadium since February, tended to daily by WA Cricket curators in the nursery located next to the outdoor practice wickets on the northern side of the stadium.

The drop-in wicket contains the same local clay and grass species as the pitches at the WACA Ground and is closely monitored during its growth to replicate the Ground’s fast and bouncy nature.

Last week, the drop-in wicket was moved by a 30-meter-long, 40-tonne cricket wicket transporter onto the stadium playing surface. The machine is the only one of its kind in Western Australia.

This will be followed by five Perth Scorchers BBL|13 home matches, with the reigning titleholders to play their first home match on December 20.

CricketAustralia

1701238505585.png1701238540655.png1701238564248.png1701238586768.png1701238604475.png

Australia vs. Pakistan Test Series Promises Cricketing Spectacle: Insights from Sarfaraz Ahmed

In the lead-up to the highly anticipated Australia vs. Pakistan Test series, former Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed shared his thoughts on the upcoming cricketing extravaganza, shedding light on key players and the challenges that lie ahead.

Clash of Titans: Babar Azam and Steve Smith

Sarfaraz Ahmed, a seasoned campaigner himself, expressed his excitement about witnessing the clash between two modern-day batting maestros – Babar Azam and Steve Smith. Describing them as "top class batters," Ahmed remarked that the series would be a treat for young cricketers and fans alike. The prospect of these two stars going head-to-head adds an extra layer of anticipation to the series.

Shaheen Afridi vs. David Warner: A Riveting Rivalry

Recalling a previous encounter between Shaheen Afridi and David Warner, Sarfaraz Ahmed highlighted the Pakistani speedster's skills against the Australian opener. Ahmed noted that the cricketing community is eagerly anticipating the rematch between these two formidable players. The battle between Afridi's pace and Warner's aggressive batting promises to be a highlight of the series, with fans already buzzing about the potential fireworks on the field.

Aussie Conditions and the Challenge for Pakistan

Having toured Australia twice as a player, Sarfaraz Ahmed shared insights into the unique challenges posed by Australian conditions. Acknowledging the toughness of playing Down Under, he emphasized the invaluable learning experiences for Pakistani players. Ahmed also warned that banter and lively exchanges on the field are par for the course in Australia, advising the Pakistani squad to be mentally prepared for the tough competition that lies ahead.

Fan Support: A Source of Strength

Expressing gratitude for the unwavering support of overseas Pakistani fans, Sarfaraz Ahmed is confident that their presence in Australia will be a source of strength for the team. Anticipating a strong showing from the Pakistani diaspora in the stands, Ahmed urged fans to flock to the grounds and cheer for the Test squad during the series, creating an electric atmosphere.

CricketAustralia​

Last edited:
Lots of preparations and talks going on about this Australian Tour, Drop in pitches, and Sarfraz Ahmed's insights. This tour is becoming more and more exciting now.

I think lack of pace in options is very worrying. Jamal of course is inexperienced and not as disciplined as Hasan. But you need someone that can come in rattle the opponents batter when everything becomes monotonous and there's a huge partnership building.

Wish we had already played Jamal and done a better job maintaining and developing the likes of Naseem, Ihsan and Haris.
Ridiculous , Jamal will be clobbered all round the park , last time Warner made a triple ton and this time would be Travis head, waiting for it.

Hopefully we gonna have good contest under new management. Hope Shan fires in this series, the guy is very hardworking. Speaking about him, once Mickey said we need to give more support to hardworking players rather than talented players with poor work ethics.

i cant understand how hasan ali...mir hamza ...khurram etc are suppose to get aussies players out..our batting looks even more thin as apparentky we are taking about 7 bowlers and 5 batters including the great Agha

It would be exciting to bowl against Babar Azam, Australian cricketer Todd Murphy

Australian cricketer Todd Murphy expressed his anticipation and excitement as he gears up to face Pakistan in the upcoming cricketing summer, highlighting the formidable challenges that lie ahead.

"Bowling to Pakistan's top order batters would be a challenge," acknowledged Murphy, emphasizing the skill and prowess of Pakistan's batsmen.

Speaking specifically about Pakistan's captain, Murphy praised Babar Azam, stating, "Babar Azam is a very good player, and Pakistan's top order boasts players with great class. I am not sure if Babar Azam is playing against PM XI, but it would be exciting to bowl against him. It's always great to get a chance to test yourself against a test-playing nation."

Answering to a question regarding Rickey Ponting's recent statement about Pakistan's bowling attack, Todd Murphy stated "Playing against Pakistan would be a huge challenge. Pakistan has a good bowling attack, and I don't agree with the statement that they have a weak bowling attack."

Highlighting the significance of the upcoming series, Murphy expressed that it is a great opportunity for him to start the cricketing summer. "It's always a great opportunity to play in front of family, friends, and fans. The atmosphere and support make it a special experience," he added.

Acknowledging the strength of the Australian team's opposition, Murphy noted, "Nathan Lyon is a top-class player. He always provides a lot of wisdom, and playing alongside him is a great learning experience."

CricketAustralia​

Todd Murphy cannot wait to get his hand on one of the future Pakistani greats Babar Azam. Big tour this is for Babar to prove his mettle on Australian soil.

What do you reckon, guys? Who will be the top wicket-taker and run-scorer for Pakistan?

I think Babar, Rizwan, and Sarfaraz will be the highest scorers.

Abrar and Khurram Shahzad will be the top wicket-takers.

Drop-in pitches installed at Perth Stadium ahead of the upcoming NRMA Insurance West Test between Australia and Pakistan

The World Cup and ICC World Test Champion Australians will take on Pakistan from December 14-18 at Perth Stadium, showcasing Western Australia to the world.

The wicket square consists of five drop-in pitches, with each one weighing around 25 tonnes and the entire installation process takes more than two days.

The drop-in wicket has been curated at the stadium since February, tended to daily by WA Cricket curators in the nursery located next to the outdoor practice wickets on the northern side of the stadium.

The drop-in wicket contains the same local clay and grass species as the pitches at the WACA Ground and is closely monitored during its growth to replicate the Ground’s fast and bouncy nature.

Last week, the drop-in wicket was moved by a 30-meter-long, 40-tonne cricket wicket transporter onto the stadium playing surface. The machine is the only one of its kind in Western Australia.

This will be followed by five Perth Scorchers BBL|13 home matches, with the reigning titleholders to play their first home match on December 20.

CricketAustralia

View attachment 139507View attachment 139508View attachment 139509View attachment 139510View attachment 139511
Even the Aussie ground staff look fitter and stronger than our players

Back