[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Intolerance and violence are on the rise in India

Maybe you can also explain in what capacity are you claiming Indian superiority when most of the examples you used are of people who are neither Indian citizens or passport holdersanymore, nor got their higher education in India, and they don't even lead Indian organizations. LOL
Most cannot officially even call themselves Indians anymore, but you are quick to jump and take credit for them.
Huh? Indian cricketers are Indians, ISRO scientists are Indians, Ambani, Adani and all the Indian corporates are Indians. I don’t know the visa status of ceos of American corporates but one thing is for sure they were born, raised, pretty much all their upbringing and undergraduate happened in India. Next question; also LOL- means laugh out loud, ironically you are getting triggered (laugh out loud)

Guys it's better to stay on topic and avoid indulging in personal attacks. This forum is for healthy discussion not to troll each other.

So lets stay on topic. Maybe @Local.Dada in his infinite Hindu wisdom can tell us that do only Muslims have the capability of spitting? or do people who spit have something in their names that indicate they are spitters?

Indians have such great work ethic and professionalism, why is it that they are going around spitting in each others foods? I would be really interested in the local dada's global wisdom on the topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
So lets stay on topic. Maybe @Local.Dada in his infinite Hindu wisdom can tell us that do only Muslims have the capability of spitting? or do people who spit have something in their names that indicate they are spitters?

Indians have such great work ethic and professionalism, why is it that they are going around spitting in each others foods? I would be really interested in the local dada's global wisdom on the topic.

Ok here is my take, when I visit India I go to a local chaiwala/ panwala for a smoke/chai who happens to be a Muslim. I have known this guy for 20+ years, if I find out he has been spitting in my chai forget Hindu-Muslim I will lose faith in humanity.

the types spitting in chai are not exactly the call centre scammers or work ethic professionals or students or corporate bosses we have been discussing. It’s not that difficult to orchestrate such nusicance things to create tensions for some chump change. So if I ever go through that kanwar yatra route which is highly unlikely I will try to stay away from eating out unless it’s maybe a McDonald's or something credible like that, I don’t care who is the vendor I am not risking someone spitting in my food. Thats more to do with my OCD/Germophobia though.
Hope the answer was to your expectations.

Also here is some wisdom for you: let it go.

Ok here is my take, when I visit India I go to a local chaiwala/ panwala for a smoke/chai who happens to be a Muslim. I have known this guy for 20+ years, if I find out he has been spitting in my chai forget Hindu-Muslim I will lose faith in humanity.

the types spitting in chai are not exactly the call centre scammers or work ethic professionals or students or corporate bosses we have been discussing. It’s not that difficult to orchestrate such nusicance things to create tensions for some chump change. So if I ever go through that kanwar yatra route which is highly unlikely I will try to stay away from eating out unless it’s maybe a McDonald's or something credible like that, I don’t care who is the vendor I am not risking someone spitting in my food. Thats more to do with my OCD/Germophobia though.
Hope the answer was to your expectations.

Also here is some wisdom for you: let it go.
So the answer is to put a blanket ban on all Muslims serving you food?
And you are preaching to me to “let it go”?

Really?
What if a Muslim is working at McDonald’s or do you back the idea they should be banned from working there as well?
Since you Indians are so academically and professional excellent, perhaps teach us the meaning of the word bigotry that goes against the ideas you are defending.

Really?
I am sorry was I not clear, I put a blanket ban on all food served in the kanwar yatra route where this is being implemented regardless of who owns what. If not taking a chance in food that may have been tampered with makes me a bigot, I guess I will take that in this case.

I will continue going to my chaiwala. Did you misinterpret what I said?

Yes really.

Really?
What if a Muslim is working at McDonald’s or do you back the idea they should be banned from working there as well?
Since you Indians are so academically and professional excellent, perhaps teach us the meaning of the word bigotry that goes against the ideas you are defending.
Bro give it a rest, you are boring me now, if I catch a Muslim spitting in my McDonald’s I will gladly sue McDonald’s and maybe even write a Cheque to his family. No I am not going to eat out in “Kanwar Yatra route”. No one can convince me.

Do you even know where it is by the way?

Bro give it a rest, you are boring me now, if I catch a Muslim spitting in my McDonald’s I will gladly sue McDonald’s and maybe even write a Cheque to his family. No I am not going to eat out in “Kanwar Yatra route”. No one can convince me.

Do you even know where it is by the way?
First of all I am not your “bro”, second Why would I want to know what this Yatra is? What possible benefit would that serve me apart from some additional contradictory information on the rituals in Hinduism? It’s so flexible and different I’m sure like you a lot of people don’t even bother with it. I have heard ten different iterations of the various beliefs and there is zero consistency.

But I digress. So you feel the legislation will be DOA in its current form and won’t serve any purpose, did I interpret that correctly?
You want a blanket ban on all eateries? How practical is that?

First of all I am not your “bro”, second Why would I want to know what this Yatra is?
Because you have been discussing a topic about this specific route where this whole spit controversy exists and where this identification protocol is being proposed. Maybe to come prepared is where Indian professionals and students score. Why go too far we saw how Indian team prepared for the WT20. It’s ok to pick up the positives.

Here you go, something you could have done 4-5 hrs ago before you jumped in like a know it all.

Because you have been discussing a topic about this specific route where this whole spit controversy exists and where this identification protocol is being proposed. Maybe to come prepared is where Indian professionals and students score. Why go too far we saw how Indian team prepared for the WT20. It’s ok to pick up the positives.

Here you go, something you could have done 4-5 hrs ago before you jumped in like a know it all.
Oh yeah sure, the whole spit thing was introduced by only you in this discussion. The whole debate was about why eateries should display employee lists. There was no mention of the area being a “spit corridor” and the purpose of the pilgrimage has nothing to do with the decision. It has no religious significance whatsoever. Unless you can prove to me the pilgrimage requires them to eat at restaurants that only display their employee names, I don’t see how this is even relevant.

That’s like saying I want a doctorate in medicine but I should be able to explain the benefits of consuming cow urine.

Not exactly of my concern now is it?

As I said there are multiple schools of thought in Hinduism. Sometimes contradictory. (Check Advaita vs Dvaitha philosophy) All teachings fail, If student doesn't follow them. The ultimate goal of Hinduism is liberation (moksha) of the soul. There are enlightened beings who didn't read any spiritual scriptures at all. The are multiple ways to reach the same summit.

You have to understand these books are only guides to reach moksha. It is not like other religions where you might end up in hell if you don't follow them. These are not commandments.

One has to understand the concept of Yoga, Reincarnation, Moksha, Gunnas etc to understand things as they are in Hinduism.

Yes I know there are schools , but they are not sometimes contradictory but contradict in the fundamentals. So hinduism is merely a philosophy , not a religion. So if everyone is follow whatever path they want to follow why hindus crying about dos and don't ?

Also , for example a aghori wants to follow the path of cannibalism , he thinks that is correct maarg ( path ) , should hindu society accept that ?

Is there a concept of swarg and Nark in Hinduism , then what is that for , if we are not accountable for anything ?

Hindus do have sacred trees which are worshipped.

I think you need to let Hindus decide what they want to do in their religion.
You are agreeing to what I said , I do not understand what you are trying to refute? The end result is that Hindus are free to do what they want , they can worship God as stone , monkey , elephant , rat etc. There is no prohibition according to you.

To be honest if I present you or any one of us as one of those things , we would be annoyed , but according to you , the Creator , would not be annoyed.

Buddhism and Jainism are dharmik religions but not sects of the Sanatan in true sense.

Little is known about Ajivika. Its a lost religion.

Charvaka isn't Hinduism.

Whether Vedas are an authority for a sect or not can only be decided by the dharmaguru of that sect.
Is dharam guru avtar of Ishwar ?

Yes I know there are schools , but they are not sometimes contradictory but contradict in the fundamentals. So hinduism is merely a philosophy , not a religion. So if everyone is follow whatever path they want to follow why hindus crying about dos and don't ?

Also , for example a aghori wants to follow the path of cannibalism , he thinks that is correct maarg ( path ) , should hindu society accept that ?

Is there a concept of swarg and Nark in Hinduism , then what is that for , if we are not accountable for anything ?

Hindu society accepts Aghoris already. They eat dead bodies and Hindus considers the soul occupying the body achieves moksha if consumed by an Aghori. Aghori doesn't think their path is the only correct path. You might be viewing this from an Abrahamic lens who believe their way is the only way. Anything which leads to moksha is the way. Ahghoris are revered in Hindu society.

There are various schools of though but majority of them have same fundamental concepts. There are concepts for the realms of swarg and nark but fundamentally its a state of consciousness. It might seem contradictory who looks at Hinduism peripherally.

Why do you think there should be some accountability for anything? Thats just fear/ incentive based living. Dharmic religions are based on Dharma and Karma (Not the westernised concept of karma) but not on accountability. Philosophy is core for Hinduism because its only goal is Liberation and philosophy allows exploring and accommodating other schools of thought. Philosophy is necessary but not the only condition in Hinduism. There is also practise. Philosophy + Practise is what makes a religion. Present day Hindus practises their traditions sometimes without knowing the philosophical part.

In my own family there are believers of Advaita, Dvaita and Visishtadvaita philosophies.

I don't want to derail this thread but If you genuinely want to know, pick up the book "Karma Yoga" by Swami Vivekananda.

Hindu society accepts Aghoris already. They eat dead bodies and Hindus considers the soul occupying the body achieves moksha if consumed by an Aghori. Aghori doesn't think their path is the only correct path. You might be viewing this from an Abrahamic lens who believe their way is the only way. Anything which leads to moksha is the way. Ahghoris are revered in Hindu society.

There are various schools of though but majority of them have same fundamental concepts. There are concepts for the realms of swarg and nark but fundamentally its a state of consciousness. It might seem contradictory who looks at Hinduism peripherally.

Why do you think there should be some accountability for anything? Thats just fear/ incentive based living. Dharmic religions are based on Dharma and Karma (Not the westernised concept of karma) but not on accountability. Philosophy is core for Hinduism because its only goal is Liberation and philosophy allows exploring and accommodating other schools of thought. Philosophy is necessary but not the only condition in Hinduism. There is also practise. Philosophy + Practise is what makes a religion. Present day Hindus practises their traditions sometimes without knowing the philosophical part.

In my own family there are believers of Advaita, Dvaita and Visishtadvaita philosophies.

I don't want to derail this thread but If you genuinely want to know, pick up the book "Karma Yoga" by Swami Vivekananda.

This is how I initially thought of hinduism before the days of web based message boards. But even in the last few months on here I have learned that the father of the RSS Gowalkar created a reform movement of Hinduism where the philosophy stuff got booted to the kerb in favour of politics and creating a more militaristic outlook where atheism is the driving force. But at the same time the cow is still considered sacred, so I am left somewhat confused.

I was not talking about dead bodies , I was talking if a group suddenly decides to kill humans and consume them will that be accepted? Will there path be considered right under the free and hube umbrella of hinduism?

Accountability and fear are required to run the society , because we do not live in utopian society.
You say that philosophy and practice are both important. Philosophy is generally seen in Gita , where do practices come from ?

I was not talking about dead bodies , I was talking if a group suddenly decides to kill humans and consume them will that be accepted? Will there path be considered right under the free and hube umbrella of hinduism?

Accountability and fear are required to run the society , because we do not live in utopian society.
You say that philosophy and practice are both important. Philosophy is generally seen in Gita , where do practices come from ?

As I said there is dharma. That’s the founding principle of Dharmic religions.
It’s not dharmic to hurt anyone unnecessarily let alone consume them. Most dharmic religions are non-violent. That’s the reason dharmic people are usually vegetarians.

Accountability and fear are for manipulation especially fear. It doesn’t need to a utopian society to work on humanity. There should be law and enforcers of it. People should live their life on a sense of duty and purpose not based out some fear especially.

Gita talks about 4 yogas and Sankhya philosophy. Yoga is the practice. Vedas have ritualistic parts in it which are traditions.

As I said there is dharma. That’s the founding principle of Dharmic religions.
It’s not dharmic to hurt anyone unnecessarily let alone consume them. Most dharmic religions are non-violent. That’s the reason dharmic people are usually vegetarians.

Accountability and fear are for manipulation especially fear. It doesn’t need to a utopian society to work on humanity. There should be law and enforcers of it. People should live their life on a sense of duty and purpose not based out some fear especially.

Gita talks about 4 yogas and Sankhya philosophy. Yoga is the practice. Vedas have ritualistic parts in it which are traditions.

What is the source of dharma , from where do you get it?

Is it dharma to hate and kill people are non vegetarians?
When you enforce law is it without violence?

People should live a life of sense and purpose , two questions arise here who gives this purpose and what about those who do not ?

What is the source of dharma , from where do you get it?

Is it dharma to hate and kill people are non vegetarians?
When you enforce law is it without violence?

People should live a life of sense and purpose , two questions arise here who gives this purpose and what about those who do not ?
This will be my final reply to your posts. This thread is getting derailed fast. There was another thread about understanding Dharma and Hinduism.

Dharma is not constant. The only thing which is constant is ones relationship with the supreme. Dharma changes wrt time, context and place. It is not codified in some place or book.

Dharma is shukshma (subtle). One has to understand ones own mode of actions first. Satvic, Rajas and Tamas. One who is acting in mode of Satvic (goodness) knows their Dharma because they have the discriminatory power to know what is wrong and what is right. One who is in Rajas state (Passion) is confused about Dharma and the one who is in Tamas (ignorance) will think what is right is wrong and what is wrong is right.

A human being oscillates between these three states. So the goal is to maximise in being Satvic state. One can be in Satvic state by controlling their mind and emotions (through yogic and spiritual practices). One who is in Satvic state naturally aligns them selves with Dharma.

As Dharma is changing, ones own duty and purpose changes from place, time and context. The questions you asking are not something new. These questions are being asked through the history of our culture. Infact Bhagavat Gita starts because Arjuna was not sure about his own Dharma on the battlefield of Kurukshetra.

Sometimes you need to enforce law using violence. Even law enforcers don't start using violence mindlessly. Sometimes violence is Dharmic (Great war of mahabharatha is about establishing Dharma). Violence was the last straw drawn after negotiations, pleadings and all other kind of tactics failed.

This video summaries Dharma to some extent.

American Woman Found Chained to a Tree in India Went Without Food for 40 Days, Was Allegedly Left to Die​

Authorities in India say they have rescued a woman who was found emaciated and tied to a tree in a jungle after allegedly being left there to die.

Police in a district near Mumbai, India, say they rescued Lalita Kayi Kumar, 50, after a shepherd heard her cries in a jungle over the weekend, according to the Deccan Chronicle, the Indian Express and British newspaper The Times.

She was found bound to a tree with an iron chain, The Hindustan Times reported, citing local police.

In photos shared by the outlets, Kumar appeared heavily emaciated and covered in dirt at the time of her rescue.

Authorities reportedly found copies of her U.S. passport next to her, as well as Indian documentation showing she had overstayed her visa, per the Indian Express. She was rushed to the hospital.

"She is not in a position to give her statement. She is weak as she has not eaten anything for a couple of days,” a police official said, per the Deccan Chronicle.

Authorities named her ex-husband — who has not been publicly identified — as a suspect after Kumar alleged that he tied her to the tree and left her to die, The Times and the Indian Express reported.

He allegedly left her there following a domestic dispute, police said, per The Times. Kumar told police she had not eaten for 40 days, per the outlet.

Kumar's ex-husband is facing charges of attempted murder, act endangering life or personal safety of others and wrongful confinement, police said, per The Times.

Medical Student In Maharashtra Jumps To Death From College Dean's Office

A second-year MBBS student of a private medical college in Maharashtra's Wardha district jumped to her death from the dean's office over some issues with attendance, an official said on Friday.

The student of Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, affiliated with the Datta Meghe Institute of Higher Education and Research, at Sawangi died by suicide on Thursday afternoon, he said.

The medical student, in her early 20s, hailed from Nagpur, said an official from Sawangi police station.

Citing preliminary investigation, the official said the young woman had issues with her attendance and was not allowed to take some of her examinations.

She jumped from the fourth-floor office of the college dean and died of severe head injuries, he said, adding that the police have registered a case of accidental death.

New law in Assam soon for life imprisonment in 'love jihad' cases: Himanta Sarma​

Himanta Biswa Sarma's BJP government in Assam is likely to soon introduce law for life imprisonment in cases related to "love jihad". “We spoke about ‘love jihad’ during the elections. Soon, we will bring a law which will award life imprisonment in such cases,” news agency PTI quoted Sarma as saying.

He made the remark at a state-level BJP executive meeting that occurred on Sunday in Guwahati.

He also announced a new domicile policy under which the mandatory eligibility criteria to get a state government job will be to be an Assamese-born person. He said the state government will soon introduce this policy.

Addressing the party members at the meeting, he said that as per the pre-poll promise, the state government has prioritised indigenous people in the “one lakh government jobs”. He assured that this will be evident when the complete list is published.

Meanwhile, he also said that the state government has taken a decision regarding the sale of land between Hindus and Muslims.

Although the government cannot prevent such a transaction, Sarma said his government has made it mandatory to take the consent of the chief minister before going ahead.

Earlier this month, Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma claimed that the state will become Muslim-majority by 2041, citing a 30 per cent growth in the Muslim population every 10 years.

Sarma said Muslims now make up 40 per cent of Assam's population according to "statistical sampling." He also noted that while the Hindu population grows by 16 per cent every decade, the Muslim population's growth rate is nearly double.

Congress leader and former MP Danish Ali sharply criticised Sarma's remarks, accusing him of spreading falsehoods and creating division. Ali pointed out that, according to census data, the Muslim population in Assam was about 25 per cent in 1951 and 34.22 per cent in 2011.

New law in Assam soon for life imprisonment in 'love jihad' cases: Himanta Sarma​

Himanta Biswa Sarma's BJP government in Assam is likely to soon introduce law for life imprisonment in cases related to "love jihad". “We spoke about ‘love jihad’ during the elections. Soon, we will bring a law which will award life imprisonment in such cases,” news agency PTI quoted Sarma as saying.

He made the remark at a state-level BJP executive meeting that occurred on Sunday in Guwahati.

He also announced a new domicile policy under which the mandatory eligibility criteria to get a state government job will be to be an Assamese-born person. He said the state government will soon introduce this policy.

Addressing the party members at the meeting, he said that as per the pre-poll promise, the state government has prioritised indigenous people in the “one lakh government jobs”. He assured that this will be evident when the complete list is published.

Meanwhile, he also said that the state government has taken a decision regarding the sale of land between Hindus and Muslims.

Although the government cannot prevent such a transaction, Sarma said his government has made it mandatory to take the consent of the chief minister before going ahead.

Earlier this month, Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma claimed that the state will become Muslim-majority by 2041, citing a 30 per cent growth in the Muslim population every 10 years.

Sarma said Muslims now make up 40 per cent of Assam's population according to "statistical sampling." He also noted that while the Hindu population grows by 16 per cent every decade, the Muslim population's growth rate is nearly double.

Congress leader and former MP Danish Ali sharply criticised Sarma's remarks, accusing him of spreading falsehoods and creating division. Ali pointed out that, according to census data, the Muslim population in Assam was about 25 per cent in 1951 and 34.22 per cent in 2011.

After this, will it still be right to call India a secular state? @Bhaijaan @Rajdeep @Hitman @Aang_The_last_airbender @rpant_gabba

Muslims have never wished well for Bharat. They brought it upon themselves through their treachery. If they had behaved and respected Hinduism which is the mother religion of this region, they would have been accepted with open arms like the sikhs , budhists etc
Sikh aren’t subservient to Hindutva and neither are Buddhists.

Even Hindus do not tolerate each other in Modi’s India.

No where in humanity is a human considered unequal and inferior at birth other than in Hinduism with its caste system.

They cry for justice and equality, but attempt to flee India instead.

Hindutva ideology must be contained within India by any means necessary.

There’s enough hate in the world, we don’t need another ideology based on insecure victimhood.

Both of them have served this soil with a lot more loyalty besides they have shown greater respect to Hinduism which is the mother religion of this region.

Some sections of sikhs in recent times have followed the Muslims and have been dealt with as such.

Bharat is the land of Hinduism.

Both of them have served this soil with a lot more loyalty besides they have shown greater respect to Hinduism which is the mother religion of this region.

Some sections of sikhs in recent times have followed the Muslims and have been dealt with as such.

How has Sikh were loyal to India and Muslims weren’t since 15th August, 1947.

Muslims have never wished well for Bharat. They brought it upon themselves through their treachery. If they had behaved and respected Hinduism which is the mother religion of this region, they would have been accepted with open arms like the sikhs , budhists etc
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, A. P. J. Abdul Kalam and Irfan Pathan etc etc. They are not well wishers of India?

what are you talking about bro?

Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, A. P. J. Abdul Kalam and Irfan Pathan etc etc. They are not well wishers of India?

what are you talking about bro?

They are all the people who always showed and proved through their actions that belonged to Bharat first and then their religion.

Such people are always welcome.

It is also true that such Muslims are less than 1%

But this is surely anti women right to be with any man they want. Planty of Hindu girls maybe now Muslims married Muslim guys , no issue esp as they both eat chappatis. As a Bollywood fanatic, how are you against love. There is always jihad in love, it’s a struggle but you don’t believe in Bollywood happy endings?

Only less than 2.13 million Muslims out of over 200 million Indian Muslims wish well for India?

I don't know, maybe they are. The BJP govt is all about the establishment of hindu dominance, sikh and buddhist presence seems to be cheerleader status at best. In fact not even that, they are just quiet spectators.

I would replace Hinduism with Sanatana Dharma. It includes modern day Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism and Jainism. All of them are born in India and thrived.

Even Hindus do not tolerate each other in Modi’s India.

No where in humanity is a human considered unequal and inferior at birth other than in Hinduism with its caste system.

They cry for justice and equality, but attempt to flee India instead.

Hindutva ideology must be contained within India by any means necessary.

There’s enough hate in the world, we don’t need another ideology based on insecure victimhood.
Here we go again.

Modern Hinduism is fighting against caste system and there are laws in place to curb any discrimination agains certain castes.

Are non- Muslims equal to Muslims under Sharia law? I am interested in knowing your answer.

The Muslims have taken us Sanatanis for a ride. In 1947 they conspired with the British to get a nation carved out of ancient Manahabharat in the name of religion yet they still shamefully demand equal citizenship rights in the modern day Bharat. This is why we are fed up with them for their two faced nature historically. You got what you desired for the good or bad in 1947. Now sit quiet. This shameful desire to get everything is what has broken the trust wi the them and has ended all goodwill that once existed

Yes, intolerance in India is rising. Not sure why a 100 times more intolerant society is showing concern though. Apna ghar saaf karein na pehle brothers.

The Muslims have taken us Sanatanis for a ride. In 1947 they conspired with the British to get a nation carved out of ancient Manahabharat in the name of religion yet they still shamefully demand equal citizenship rights in the modern day Bharat. This is why we are fed up with them for their two faced nature historically. You got what you desired for the good or bad in 1947. Now sit quiet. This shameful desire to get everything is what has broken the trust wi the them and has ended all goodwill that once existed

Sanatanis have let themselves down as well. Lord Krishna toughned Arjun up in Bhagvad Gita. Chapter 2, verse 31 clearly states the importance of not wavering from dharma, with nothing being more honorable than fighting evil.

What did Sanatanis do? If you cannot be true to your text and it's teachings than you deserve these backstabbings and humiliations. We had generations of hopeless Sanatanis, but let's hope this one grows a spine and doesn't repeat the blunders of its ancestors.

I personally would never blame Muslims for my ancestors acting like cowards when it came to defending their Dharma.

Pakistan rightly rejected secularism. It is time India also rejected it and bring fair laws which protect the indigenous.

Sanatanis have let themselves down as well. Lord Krishna toughned Arjun up in Bhagvad Gita. Chapter 2, verse 31 clearly states the importance of not wavering from dharma, with nothing being more honorable than fighting evil.

What did Sanatanis do? If you cannot be true to your text and it's teachings than you deserve these backstabbings and humiliations. We had generations of hopeless Sanatanis, but let's hope this one grows a spine and doesn't repeat the blunders of its ancestors.

I personally would never blame Muslims for my ancestors acting like cowards when it came to defending their Dharma.

The art of war was lost in ancient Mahabharata. As Kalyuga arrived, our so called kings preferred to indulge more in materialistic and bodily pleasures rather than ensuring the protection and spread of Sanatana Dharma.

Muslims is a broad term used by you, because we only had a handful of tribes mostly of the descendants of Genghis Khan from central eastern Asian states that were able to breach the gates.

The Pathans and Persians were always out in their place multiple times by brave north westerner Sanatanis who also happen to be forefathers of the majority of the modern day Pakistanis.

The art of war was lost in ancient Mahabharata. As Kalyuga arrived, our so called kings preferred to indulge more in materialistic and bodily pleasures rather than ensuring the protection and spread of Sanatana Dharma.

Muslims is a broad term used by you, because we only had a handful of tribes mostly of the descendants of Genghis Khan from central eastern Asian states that were able to breach the gates.

The Pathans and Persians were always out in their place multiple times by brave north westerner Sanatanis who also happen to be forefathers of the majority of the modern day Pakistanis.

Can't live in past glory Bhaijan, specially after losing a good chunk of our brave North Western Sanatanis.

For a functional body, you need all limbs to be as strong. North West, East or South distinctions don't matter now. You don't wanna be a Great Khali with polio legs, it's time to be a Brock Lesnar.

Sanatan needs overall strength, and many liberals and haters of India will label it as intolerance. That's fine, we shouldn't care. I personally have full faith in Modi and Amit Shah Ji's leadership in making it happen.

Are all Indians in favor of it or only the BJP?

It's worthy of a democratic debate brother. I think India and Pakistan can both learn a few things from each other. Joshila Bhai does a good job of explaining what Pakistan can learn, so I'll skip that. But secularism in India which seemed to be working initially now does show signs of being a failed experiment. So maybe Pakistan was right all along.

Yes, intolerance in India is rising. Not sure why a 100 times more intolerant society is showing concern though. Apna ghar saaf karein na pehle brothers.
No concern. It’s fun to engage Hindutva when they bent out of shape trying to find excuse to defend bigotry. It’s like, most want to be bigots but don’t want to be labeled as one. :)

Not sure why Indians are obsessed with comparing themselves with Pakistan?

Is secularism a failed experiment in India, or is it being deliberately undermined by the BJP?

No concern. It’s fun to engage Hindutva when they bent out of shape trying to find excuse to defend bigotry. It’s like, most want to be bigots but don’t want to be labeled as one. :)

It's not about Indians getting obsessed with comparing to Pakistan brother, if these threads were coming from Bangladesh, Afganistan or Nepal, the response would be similar.

It's like someone body-shaming you for only 4 visible abs while performing flawless skibby doo bop bop dance. Be honest, you would respond too. 😂

Are all Indians in favor of it or only the BJP?
Revolutions are not achieved by voting. Pakistan was not created by a show of hands, but fighting on the streets, till their rights could not be denied.

For those indians who want to oppose changes to secularism, they will have to come to streets. Real decisions are made on the street, not the parliament.

Because Pakistan is the ideal we want to achieve. The way Pakistan is the fortress of Islam, we want Indian to become the fortress of Hinduism. Pakistanis achieved this by getting out on the streets and winning their rights, and they have preserved it by rejecting secularism. We Indians need to emulate Pakistan if we want to save our identity.

Because Pakistan is the ideal we want to achieve. The way Pakistan is the fortress of Islam, we want Indian to become the fortress of Hinduism. Pakistanis achieved this by getting out on the streets and winning their rights, and they have preserved it by rejecting secularism. We Indians need to emulate Pakistan if we want to save our identity.
There are 1.2 billion Hindus worldwide, with over 900 million residing in India. Hindu identity is not threatened in India unless Hindus are leaving their religion in significant numbers.

There are 1.2 billion Hindus worldwide, with over 900 million residing in India. Hindu identity is not threatened in India unless Hindus are leaving their religion in significant numbers.
Hindus have already been losing ground since history. And the fall has been rapid after 1947.

Even chicken have numbers in a poultry farm. Doesn't save them.

Hindus have already been losing ground since history. And the fall has been rapid after 1947.

Even chicken have numbers in a poultry farm. Doesn't save them.
In 1951, India had 305 million Hindus. Today, the global Hindu population is estimated to be 1.2 billion.

What are your legal prescriptions for making India a fortress of Hinduism and preserving your identity, maybe list them ? All I see is you saying the same thing over and over again, applauding the Pakistan ideal.

What are your legal prescriptions for making India a fortress of Hinduism and preserving your identity, maybe list them ? All I see is you saying the same thing over and over again, applauding the Pakistan ideal.
How does that matter to you? if you are worried about your community, then we will provide them every protection. From us.

How does that matter to you? if you are worried about your community, then we will provide them every protection. From us.

I am asking you how you want to make India a fortress of Hinduism .. By passing new laws that give special privileges to Hindus or by creating a new volunteer paramilitary organisation or .. ?

It is a pretty straightforward question.

I am asking you how you want to make India a fortress of Hinduism .. By passing new laws that give special privileges to Hindus or by creating a new volunteer paramilitary organisation or .. ?

It is a pretty straightforward question.
I didn't ask you to explain the question. It was a simple one.

I am asking how does that matter to you? Pretty straightforward question.

I didn't ask you to explain the question. It was a simple one.

I am asking how does that matter to you? Pretty straightforward question.

I hold Indian citizenship so I have a stake in the country and its future direction.

Is secularism a failed experiment in India, or is it being deliberately undermined by the BJP?
Secularism is doing fine...with a few warts in India thank you. There's very close to zero (I won't say zero since you never know) of us becoming a religious country - Hindu Rashtra, Islamic India, Sikh homeland or otherwise. I'm very grateful for that since I firmly believe that becoming a religious country is automatically a road to disaster.

Secularism is doing fine...with a few warts in India thank you. There's very close to zero (I won't say zero since you never know) of us becoming a religious country - Hindu Rashtra, Islamic India, Sikh homeland or otherwise. I'm very grateful for that since I firmly believe that becoming a religious country is automatically a road to disaster.
Such a lie. Despite multiple laws not treating all religions equally, he says secularism is doing fine.

You cannot continue to operate on the path to progress with an increasing Muslim population. The moment they are anywhere near 25% they become a problem for a sovereign non Muslim country as proven historically.

You cannot continue to operate on the path to progress with an increasing Muslim population. The moment they are anywhere near 25% they become a problem for a sovereign non Muslim country as proven historically.
Even the government's own data shows that Muslim population is barely increasing any more than Hindu population in India. And it's declining much faster than any other group.

There may have been a concern 20 years ago.

I don't know of any such proof but sure if that's what makes you happy. In the end though, religion and State cannot mix - whether Hinduism, Islam, Christianity or Buddhism.

Once you let the religious loonies in to involvement in State policy, it starts to be a slippery slope. Today they'll just want a few temples returned to them or Khatm-e-nabuwat to be law or Sabbath holiday to be compulsory. Tomorrow they'll be asking for the decriminalization of Sati or cutting off criminal's hands or the return of legal slavery.

We've already started a small slide down the slope with the government getting actively involved in the building of a Hindu temple in Ayodhya but we've got to fight every inch. Luckily I get the sense that Modi gets this. He has no problems making any number of dogwhistles veering into hate speech during election season. In 10 years of actual government though, he's given nothing but peanuts to the Hindutva crowd. 1 (ONE) temple where the mosque was demolished 30 years ago, a symbolic law that allowed a few hundred foreign minorities to become Hindu citizens and supporting removal of Triple talaq in the courts. I think he know that this lip service enough to satisfy the Hindutva crowd. They don't actually want anything specific. Just some rhetoric.

I don't know of any such proof but sure if that's what makes you happy. In the end though, religion and State cannot mix - whether Hinduism, Islam, Christianity or Buddhism.

Once you let the religious loonies in to involvement in State policy, it starts to be a slippery slope. Today they'll just want a few temples returned to them or Khatm-e-nabuwat to be law or Sabbath holiday to be compulsory. Tomorrow they'll be asking for the decriminalization of Sati or cutting off criminal's hands or the return of legal slavery.

We've already started a small slide down the slope with the government getting actively involved in the building of a Hindu temple in Ayodhya but we've got to fight every inch. Luckily I get the sense that Modi gets this. He has no problems making any number of dogwhistles veering into hate speech during election season. In 10 years of actual government though, he's given nothing but peanuts to the Hindutva crowd. 1 (ONE) temple where the mosque was demolished 30 years ago, a symbolic law that allowed a few hundred foreign minorities to become Hindu citizens and supporting removal of Triple talaq in the courts. I think he know that this lip service enough to satisfy the Hindutva crowd. They don't actually want anything specific. Just some rhetoric.

There is no major state without religion. Period.

Yes smaller states that are only free on papers but are otherwise controlled by big brother states may distance themselves from religion and indulge in Paap but a major nation cannot stay strong without religion to fall back on.

Look at how strong Bharat has become ever since we embraced Hindutva. The world has accepted us and is following us for who we truly are. Nobody loves us like this when we’re pretending to be a secular.

Look at how strong Bharat has become ever since we embraced Hindutva. The world has accepted us and is following us for who we truly are. Nobody loves us like this when we’re pretending to be a secular.

^ Bhaijan here thinks just because Modi forcibly hugs all the world leaders out there (much to their annoyance) and those pics are splashed all across the newspapers, that means everybody loves India and the country has become strong. C'mon :facepalm:

IMHO ind should never br a Hindu state. Want it to be a strlng secular .country. I never want to be a religious country no matter what religion it is. Agree on muslims asking for secularism when in minority but when in majority want to impose Islamic law on ithers with no minority religious rights. Even then - I never would want Ind to go down the Hindu state path. Agree with Red indian above on this. In the US- no one forces or imposes any religion on me and that's how it should be. But if it's secular- it should be equal for all. And that's why things get heated in Ind because of the exceptions granted to muslims purely for votes- triple talaq, no ucc, wakf board subsidies. Thats why prople get riled up at these Congress vote appeasement politics. If it's secular - it should be the same for all , no minority vote bank appeasement.

For all the bjp Hindutva hype - modi and co still want secular policies - ban triple talaq, ucc for all, no special appeasement policies for anyone, one policy for all. And will say this - in ind I can disagree with other indians say like here and be ok whereas if it was an Islamic country there would be restrictive blasphemy charges..

I would replace Hinduism with Sanatana Dharma. It includes modern day Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism and Jainism. All of them are born in India and thrived.
Why are you lying? Santana Dharma is the word for Hinduism and it does not include Sikhism and Jainism. Those are two separate faiths.

Telangana YouTuber makes 'peacock curry', arrested after massive backlash​

A man from Telangana's Sircilla was arrested on Sunday following a massive backlash over a video of him preparing and consuming 'peacock curry' that went viral on social media.

The video sparked outrage from people who accused the YouTuber, Kodam Pranay Kumar, of promoting illegal wildlife consumption. The peacock is India's national bird.

The video was taken down from Kumar's YouTube channel after the controversy.

The forest department arrested Kumar and inspected the area where he cooked the 'peacock curry' and shot the video. Kumar is facing charges under the Wildlife Protection Act.

Authorities alleged that the video promoted and involved the killing of a protected species.

Forest officials were investigating the video's legitimacy and collected samples for forensic analysis.

Sircilla Superintendent of Police (SP) Akhil Mahajan said a case was registered against Kumar. "A case was registered under relevant sections and strictest action would be taken against him and anyone else doing such activities," he said.

The YouTuber's blood samples and the portions of the curry were sent for testing. Police said action would be taken if the test turns out to be positive for peacock meat.

Telangana YouTuber makes 'peacock curry', arrested after massive backlash​

A man from Telangana's Sircilla was arrested on Sunday following a massive backlash over a video of him preparing and consuming 'peacock curry' that went viral on social media.

The video sparked outrage from people who accused the YouTuber, Kodam Pranay Kumar, of promoting illegal wildlife consumption. The peacock is India's national bird.

The video was taken down from Kumar's YouTube channel after the controversy.

The forest department arrested Kumar and inspected the area where he cooked the 'peacock curry' and shot the video. Kumar is facing charges under the Wildlife Protection Act.

Authorities alleged that the video promoted and involved the killing of a protected species.

Forest officials were investigating the video's legitimacy and collected samples for forensic analysis.

Sircilla Superintendent of Police (SP) Akhil Mahajan said a case was registered against Kumar. "A case was registered under relevant sections and strictest action would be taken against him and anyone else doing such activities," he said.

The YouTuber's blood samples and the portions of the curry were sent for testing. Police said action would be taken if the test turns out to be positive for peacock meat.

What is the intolerance here?

Peacock meat sounds different, will need to give it a try :inzi

The chap should have imported the meat if allowed. It seems there is a long history of eating peacock in India , inc by Hindus for centuries. Maybe change the national animal to a cobra ?

Back