[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Intolerance and violence are on the rise in India

I don't know of any such proof but sure if that's what makes you happy.

In a matter of few decades Lebanon which was a predominantly Christian Country is now a Muslim Country. And this happened in the recent past. If you go further back in time you will find many more examples.

Why are you lying? Santana Dharma is the word for Hinduism and it does not include Sikhism and Jainism. Those are two separate faiths.
All 4 major religions from India are sanatana dharma .Main common thing is belief in re birth

All 4 major religions from India are sanatana dharma .Main common thing is belief in re birth

its funny you are using a source to make your point that has the word "Hindu" in it and is claiming ownership of Sikhism and Jainism.

I can cite multiple sources belonging to the Sikh community who don't subscribe to this belief. This is forcefully telling them "no you belong in this bucket" when they say they dont.

That is a purely Hindu viewpoint. Try getting a major religious leader from any of the other 4 religions to agree they're part of some "Sanatana Dharma." To take belief in rebirth as the basis of commonality is to say Hinduism and Bantu mythology/religion are closely related because they both share beliefs in elemental gods.

In a matter of few decades Lebanon which was a predominantly Christian Country is now a Muslim Country. And this happened in the recent past. If you go further back in time you will find many more examples.
categorically false. Lebanon was part of the Rashidun Caliphate, Ummayad , Abbasid and Fatimid dynasties. Has been a Muslim territory since the 7th century.

What alternate history are you guys trying to spread here? I suggest educating yourself properly if you are not trolling or trying to spread your false propaganda here.

That is a purely Hindu viewpoint. Try getting a major religious leader from any of the other 4 religions to agree they're part of some "Sanatana Dharma." To take belief in rebirth as the basis of commonality is to say Hinduism and Bantu mythology/religion are closely related because they both share beliefs in elemental gods.
Basis of rebirth is not common point. The common thread is enlightenment or Moksha.

That is a purely Hindu viewpoint. Try getting a major religious leader from any of the other 4 religions to agree they're part of some "Sanatana Dharma."
I told it as one of the major point not the only way.

From Sikh point of view, the old views are dominated by new traditions .old traditions bwere inspired by rig Veda and sama veda.

I can cite multiple sources belonging to the Sikh community who don't subscribe to this belief. This is forcefully telling them "no you belong in this bucket" when they say they dont.
U won't believe as it's said by Hindu but others have to believe even ur a Muslim.

Go through above links.understand both religions and condemn them with ur points.

Basis of rebirth is not common point. The common thread is enlightenment or Moksha.
We'll start getting really esoteric if we start discussing the differences and commonalities between the concept of Moksha in the Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism (Sikhism from what I recall either doesn't recognise it or does not place any special emphasis on it). Anyway, I'm no expert and therefore not fit to debate.

The point remains though that unlike the Abrahamic religions which all accept common origins and consider each other (heretical) variants, the four religions originating out of the Indian subcontinent do not. The three later originating religions firmly believe they have nothing in common with Hinduism.

You are confusing yourself with sanatana dharma and indic religion. All the four religions, including sanatana dharma are Indic.

The point remains though that unlike the Abrahamic religions which all accept common origins and consider each other (heretical) variants, the four religions originating out of the Indian subcontinent do not. The three later originating religions firmly believe they have nothing in common with Hinduism.
On one hand u say u r not expert and on other hand u firmly believes all r different.

“When I say that Buddhism is a part of Hinduism, certain people criticize me. But if I were to say that Hinduism and Buddhism are totally different, it would not be in conformity with truth.”
—Dalai Lama

Pls explain firmly to dalai lama

On one hand u say u r not expert and on other hand u firmly believes all r different.

“When I say that Buddhism is a part of Hinduism, certain people criticize me. But if I were to say that Hinduism and Buddhism are totally different, it would not be in conformity with truth.”
—Dalai Lama

Pls explain firmly to dalai lama
Yes Tantric Buddhism did take a veer towards Hindusim. Even the iconography has similarities. I listened to a podcast a couple of years ago by Janardhan Gaveri and from my understanding, there was a sort of movement in the 7th and 8th centuries where certain Siddhas tried to combine the two religions. Tibetan Buddhism which the Dalai Lama is one of main leaders of is part of this tradition.

Buddhism though is probably a 1000 years older. The older Buddhist traditions do not refer to these beliefs.

categorically false. Lebanon was part of the Rashidun Caliphate, Ummayad , Abbasid and Fatimid dynasties. Has been a Muslim territory since the 7th century.

What alternate history are you guys trying to spread here? I suggest educating yourself properly if you are not trolling or trying to spread your false propaganda here.

Except Iam talking about modern times when I mentioned Lebanon. Up until the 60s and 70s Lebanon was a Christian Majority country. Do you dispute that?

Except Iam talking about modern times when I mentioned Lebanon. Up until the 60s and 70s Lebanon was a Christian Majority country. Do you dispute that?
What does that have to do with the context of this thread I wonder. You could be right but I fail to see the point t you are trying to make

What we call intolerance is simply Hindus reclaiming what they can!

Yes Tantric Buddhism did take a veer towards Hindusim.
Nice try... dont u think dalai lama knows that and he is staying in india from past 60 years. He may have said tantric Buddhism but not Buddhism to irk few of his own religion followers.

One more thing as per constitution eyes

When the Buddha differed from the Vedic Brahmins, he did so only in matters of creed, but left the Hindu legal framework intact. He did not propound a separate law for his followers. The same was the case with Mahavir and the ten Sikh Gurus.” — Dr. Ambedkar

Last edited by a moderator:
What we call intolerance is simply Hindus reclaiming what they can!
As per the constitution legal definition of Hindu.

When the Buddha differed from the Vedic Brahmins, he did so only in matters of creed, but left the Hindu legal framework intact. He did not propound a separate law for his followers. The same was the case with Mahavir and the ten Sikh Gurus.” — Dr. Ambedkar

U can go through legal definition of Hindu Article 25(2)

As per the constitution legal definition of Hindu.

U can go through legal definition of Hindu Article 25(2)
Dr. Ambedkar? he is an upper caste, Brahim hindutvadi.

Nice try... dont u think dalai lama knows that and he is staying in india from past 60 years. He may have said tantric Buddhism but not Buddhism to irk few of his own religion followers.

One more thing as per constitution eyes

Look if it satisfies you as a Hindu to believe the 4 religions are part of some 'Sanatana Dharma', feel free to do so. A lot of Hindus do and it's a free world. As an academic discussion, it's fine and as I've acknowledged I'm no expert.

Just don't expect Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs to acknowledge or respect Hindu gods, teachings or philosophies. Hindus may admit a few since they are a lot more open to accommodating other religions/beliefs in the big tent.

I'll do a little more research on that quote but I'd expect the Dalai Lama to refer to his own brand of Tantric Buddhism when he talks about Buddhism.

Look if it satisfies you as a Hindu to believe the 4 religions are part of some 'Sanatana Dharma', feel free to do so. A lot of Hindus do and it's a free world. As an academic discussion, it's fine and as I've acknowledged I'm no expert.
The 4 religions are Indic Religions. It is not a matter of belief. It is a fact.

FACTS Much!

Go read the story of Lebanon.
What facts are you talking about? The fact that one instance of mass migration from Palestine caused by genocidal Israelis causing Muslim Palestinians who had to leave everything behind to move to Lebanon, resulting in majority Muslim Lebanon....

proves what again?

I keep asking you to explain your point. Are you scared of outing yourself as an Islamphobe? Why don't you simply state what you are trying to say here and use more examples to state your case. Only one country as an example cannot and does not prove anything. Those are the FACTS.

Hope you wont chicken out and speak out and show us all your true face

But that does not mean they are still Hindus as is implied by hindutvas. That would be like saying Islam is Judaism because they are all Abrahamic religions.
I don't know if anyone is saying that they are hindus. I am saying they come from the same family. The family of Dharmic religions.

But that raises the question. Islam claims that all people are born a muslim, no matter whether christian or jew or even hindu. That is not a problem? But someone claims another as hindu is a problem?

I don't know if anyone is saying that they are hindus. I am saying they come from the same family. The family of Dharmic religions.

But that raises the question. Islam claims that all people are born a muslim, no matter whether christian or jew or even hindu. That is not a problem? But someone claims another as hindu is a problem?

Hindutva movement does seem to mimic a lot of Islamic logic so it makes sense that they may have adopted the same philosophy of claiming retrospective ownership of other religions.

Hindutva movement does seem to mimic a lot of Islamic logic so it makes sense that they may have adopted the same philosophy of claiming retrospective ownership of other religions.
You are saying the opposite.

Islam claims retrospective ownership. But it is very intolerant to any reformist strain. It hates Ahmadi sect. In fact it is blasphemy for anyone to claim they have come to reform Islam.

Hinduism is very tolerant of any reformist strain. And accepted it. Many hindus accepted parts of Buddhism and Jainism.

You could not be further from the truth.

You are saying the opposite.

Islam claims retrospective ownership. But it is very intolerant to any reformist strain. It hates Ahmadi sect. In fact it is blasphemy for anyone to claim they have come to reform Islam.

Hinduism is very tolerant of any reformist strain. And accepted it. Many hindus accepted parts of Buddhism and Jainism.

You could not be further from the truth.

You are correct I made a wrong analogy. Islam is against reform of it's core religion whereas Hinduism has traditionally accepted new religions and tried to adopt them as new forms of Hinduism. But I did specify hindutva movement has veered off this path and now sees conflict with Islam and demands Muslims must live in accordance to hindutva secular principles. Or sickular as you have often described them.

You are correct I made a wrong analogy. Islam is against reform of it's core religion whereas Hinduism has traditionally accepted new religions and tried to adopt them as new forms of Hinduism. But I did specify hindutva movement has veered off this path and now sees conflict with Islam and demands Muslims must live in accordance to hindutva secular principles. Or sickular as you have often described them.
This conflict is not new. Islam, wherever it has been in power, has demanded that others live according to its rules. Hindutva has been in ascendancy only for a short time, and would also will like that its ideology also gets adopted, but it is still a struggle. That is one of the reasons I have joined Hindutva, because I like to side with the weak. I have been fighting Islamophobia, by telling hindus to imbibe the spirit of muslims in their character and whenever in doubt, think what would a muslim do in their place.

Some of the good things of Islam I like: Their spirit of community, and making sure that you meet your community at least once a week. Their clear idea about their past and future and working towards a common goal where their idea and ideology and civilization prospers. Their regular praying in a day, so that they do not get too much lost in worldly distractions and remember their Creator. Their charity to help the needy in their community.

If I had to tweak a few things about Islam, I would add some colorful festivals, and improve the treatment of minorities. Even the flaws, as I see them, are because it is the Alpha Male of all religions.

This conflict is not new. Islam, wherever it has been in power, has demanded that others live according to its rules. Hindutva has been in ascendancy only for a short time, and would also will like that its ideology also gets adopted, but it is still a struggle. That is one of the reasons I have joined Hindutva, because I like to side with the weak. I have been fighting Islamophobia, by telling hindus to imbibe the spirit of muslims in their character and whenever in doubt, think what would a muslim do in their place.

Some of the good things of Islam I like: Their spirit of community, and making sure that you meet your community at least once a week. Their clear idea about their past and future and working towards a common goal where their idea and ideology and civilization prospers. Their regular praying in a day, so that they do not get too much lost in worldly distractions and remember their Creator. Their charity to help the needy in their community.

If I had to tweak a few things about Islam, I would add some colorful festivals, and improve the treatment of minorities. Even the flaws, as I see them, are because it is the Alpha Male of all religions.

I think all ideologies demand that you live according to their rules. Even Muslims when they go abroad must abide by the rules of their resident nations. It seems the time may be coming where every nation adopts the clarity of the Islamic principles and bestows dhimmi status to those who won't adopt the religion or ideology of the nation state wholesale.

What facts are you talking about? The fact that one instance of mass migration from Palestine caused by genocidal Israelis causing Muslim Palestinians who had to leave everything behind to move to Lebanon, resulting in majority Muslim Lebanon....

proves what again?

I keep asking you to explain your point. Are you scared of outing yourself as an Islamphobe? Why don't you simply state what you are trying to say here and use more examples to state your case. Only one country as an example cannot and does not prove anything. Those are the FACTS.

How many examples do you need before you accept that there is a problem ?

PS: Keep the aggro and bile aside if you want to truly engage in a meaningful discussion.

How many examples do you need before you accept that there is a problem ?

PS: Keep the aggro and bile aside if you want to truly engage in a meaningful discussion.
I could suggest the same to you.

Why don't you use more examples of the point you are trying to make or do you think just Lebanon is good enough? I would really like to hear it.

I would also like to hear from about Lebanon and how Muslim population there somehow affected it negatively. Correlation and causation are two different things. Hope you will bear in mind while attempting a "meaningful discussion"

For what? Bile and aggro ?

Why don't you use more examples of the point you are trying to make or do you think just Lebanon is good enough? I would really like to hear it.

Lets look at the live example unfolding in BD as we speak. The previous episode happened about 53 yrs ago. Whats your take on that?

Lets look at Kashmir Pandit exodus ... that happened 34 yrs ago.

Let me know if you want more examples.

I would also like to hear from about Lebanon and how Muslim population there somehow affected it negatively. Correlation and causation are two different things. Hope you will bear in mind while attempting a "meaningful discussion"

How do you explain the dramatic drop in Christian population from 60+ percent as recentas 1970 to barely 35 percent today?

For what? Bile and aggro ?

Lets look at the live example unfolding in BD as we speak. The previous episode happened about 53 yrs ago. Whats your take on that?

Lets look at Kashmir Pandit exodus ... that happened 34 yrs ago.

Let me know if you want more examples.

How do you explain the dramatic drop in Christian population from 60+ percent as recentas 1970 to barely 35 percent today?
Talk about shifting goal posts. Why don't you tell us what is your claim here? What exactly are you trying to tie into Muslim majority nations? How did the conversation go form that to what's happening in Bangladesh and Kashmir? Which are two completely separate issues. What is happening in Kashmir is also a widespread rights violations when it comes to Muslims. Who is supposed to answer for that or else are you blind to it?

If you are somehow claiming Muslims are responsible for reduction of other minorities, I am surprised nobody talks about if it they are complicit in some sort of genocide around the world. Do you have any tangible data to back your proof?

Muslims are the second largest faith in the world and they have people all over. All the countries in the world are struggling with overpopulation, economy, inflation, rioting, etc. India is no different despite being a majority Hindu nation. What can one infer from that?

There is absolutely zero reasoning, logic or flow to your arguments in this debate. You are jumping all over the place. Perhaps compose a well written post on your belief here behind what's going on in your observation and we can respond.

Talk about shifting goal posts. Why don't you tell us what is your claim here? What exactly are you trying to tie into Muslim majority nations? How did the conversation go form that to what's happening in Bangladesh and Kashmir? Which are two completely separate issues. What is happening in Kashmir is also a widespread rights violations when it comes to Muslims. Who is supposed to answer for that or else are you blind to it?

If you are somehow claiming Muslims are responsible for reduction of other minorities, I am surprised nobody talks about if it they are complicit in some sort of genocide around the world. Do you have any tangible data to back your proof?

Muslims are the second largest faith in the world and they have people all over. All the countries in the world are struggling with overpopulation, economy, inflation, rioting, etc. India is no different despite being a majority Hindu nation. What can one infer from that?

There is absolutely zero reasoning, logic or flow to your arguments in this debate. You are jumping all over the place. Perhaps compose a well written post on your belief here behind what's going on in your observation and we can respond.

Where did I shift the goalpost ? Can you Point me to the sentence in my post where that happened?

Kashmir and BD came in because you wanted more evidence.

And I see you side stepped my point about dramatic decline of Christian population in Lebanon?

And if you haven't figured out my point yet ... it is this: The higher the % of Muslims in a country/area the harder ilife becomes in General for Non-Muslims in that area.

FACTS Much!

Go read the story of Lebanon.
1467656-919440234.jpg

proves what again?

What was the reason of the civil war in Lebanon?

To counter his example of Lebanon, you should give a counter example. That where demography was changed, but they maintained the original culture. That is the best way to shut him up. Give a counter example.

To counter his example of Lebanon, you should give a counter example. That where demography was changed, but they maintained the original culture. That is the best way to shut him up. Give a counter example.

thats not what I implied because culture is much different from religion.

Exanple: When religion says burkha for women but culture says otherwise.

Where did I shift the goalpost ? Can you Point me to the sentence in my post where that happened?

Kashmir and BD came in because you wanted more evidence.

And I see you side stepped my point about dramatic decline of Christian population in Lebanon?

And if you haven't figured out my point yet ... it is this: The higher the % of Muslims in a country/area the harder ilife becomes in General for Non-Muslims in that area.
Well if that's the case why do you lot love to get visas to run off to work in the UAE and KSA and other majority Arab Musim countries?

Well if that's the case why do you lot love to get visas to run off to work in the UAE and KSA and other majority Arab Musim countries?

Because of jobs. Doesn't imply anything. Heck people will go to some really horrible and unsafe countries for jobs.

Because of jobs. Doesn't imply anything. Heck people will go to some really horrible and unsafe countries for jobs.
Well this implies things are better for them than their own country. No matter how much you beat around the bush.

Well this implies things are better for them than their own country. No matter how much you beat around the bush.

Only on jobs front ... people will readily compromise on religious freedom if it means good jobs.

Only on jobs front ... people will readily compromise on religious freedom if it means good jobs.
Well it’s quite clear to me that the religious freedoms don’t mean much to them if they get full stomachs and bank balances and these Muslim majority states provide them with this security more than Hindu-Stan.

Let’s not again try shifting the goal posts. You cannot make the determination for these people what’s good for them and what’s bad. Let them do it. Just because you don’t like or agree with their choice, and it goes against the narrative you are trying to spread, does not make it factually incorrect.

Tensions erupt in Udaipur after student stabbed in school, vehicles torched​

Communal tensions gripped the Madhuban area of Rajasthan's Udaipur on Friday after a Class 10 student was stabbed by a fellow student at a government-run school, officials said. The accused student was subsequently detained by the police.

Soon after the stabbing incident, members of several Hindu right wing outfits gathered in the Madhuban area and set fire to at least three cars parked in a garage and indulged in stone pelting.

The city is on high alert amid the heightened tensions between two communities, officials said. In response to the escalating situation, prohibitory actions under Section 144 were also imposed, restricting large gatherings in the city.

The victim's condition is reported to be critical though he was moved from the operation theatre to the intensive care unit (ICU) and is under close monitoring by medical teams.

In order to control the violence, police have resorted to using mild force to disperse the protesting crowd. Meanwhile, Udaipur District Collector has issued a public appeal for peace, urging residents to refrain from violence and allow the law to take its course.

"Additional policemen have been deployed in the area to maintain law and order. The accused has been detained," Superintendent of Police Yogesh Goyal said.

Local political leaders have also arrived at the hospital where the injured student is being treated.

Further investigation into the stabbing incident is underway.

Question is if these guys were Bangladeshi or Rohingyas what were they doing in India?

In what language should they be told that they are not welcome here?
Modi ji should deploy special forces and hunt these buggers down.

Modi ji should deploy special forces and hunt these buggers down.
No need.

Ordinary people will make it difficult for these people to stay in India.

Hostile ordinary citizens is the strongest resistance to illegal immigrants.

No need.

Ordinary people will make it difficult for these people to stay in India.

Hostile ordinary citizens is the strongest resistance to illegal immigrants.
Modi ji is known for empowering hostile criminal elements in India to do his bidding. We are all well familiar with that tactic.

Well it’s quite clear to me that the religious freedoms don’t mean much to them if they get full stomachs and bank balances and these Muslim majority states provide them with this security more than Hindu-Stan.

Let’s not again try shifting the goal posts. You cannot make the determination for these people what’s good for them and what’s bad. Let them do it. Just because you don’t like or agree with their choice, and it goes against the narrative you are trying to spread, does not make it factually incorrect.

I ask Once again ...where was the Goalpost shifted? Show me the post#

And what is the point that you are trying to make by citing Hindus working in Muslim countries?

I ask Once again ...where was the Goalpost shifted? Show me the post#

And what is the point that you are trying to make by citing Hindus working in Muslim countries?
Maybe you can go back and read the exchange. Don’t have any more time waste with your nonsense.

Maybe you can go back and read the exchange. Don’t have any more time waste with your nonsense.
You should give him a counter example. He gave an example and thins that is the whole truth. Show him wrong by counter examples.

Modi ji is known for empowering hostile criminal elements in India to do his bidding. We are all well familiar with that tactic.

Criminals are those who are entering India illegally and stealing our resources.

Even after knowing that they are not welcome in India, these guys come here.

Intolerance in India also affecting indian Muslims abroad
====
Indian-American Muslims stayed away from India’s Independence Day parade in New York City on Sunday to protest the inclusion of a float featuring Ram Mandir that they say glorifies anti-Muslim violence, the destruction of historic mosques, and Hindu supremacy

Several U.S.-based civil rights organizations had written a letter to New York City Mayor Eric Adams and New York Governor Kathy Hochul, seeking their intervention to remove the controversial float, saying it was anti-Muslim.

Among the groups who signed the letter were the Indian American Muslim Council (IAMC), the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), and Hindus for Human Rights.

But the parade organizers rejected calls to remove the float — which is 18 feet long, 9 feet wide, and 8 feet tall — saying it celebrates the inauguration of a sacred landmark that is significant to hundreds of millions of Hindus.

The Ram Temple stands on the ruins of the historic Babri Mosque in Ayodhya that was demolished in 1992 by a mob of over 150,000 right-wing Hindu militants. The demolition sparked widespread riots across northern India, resulting in the deaths of thousands, predominantly Muslims.

In January this year, during and after the Ram Temple’s consecration ceremony, Hindu nationalist mobs unleashed waves of anti-Muslim violence throughout India, including the desecration of mosques.

It was not just Indian Muslims who spoke out against the inclusion of the float. Ajit Sahi, advocacy director for the Indian American Muslim Council, said parade organizers are allowing Hindu extremist ideology to taint what is supposed to be a celebration of independence and secularism.

“I am a Hindu and from the bottom of my heart, I reject Hindu fundamentalism and Hindu extremism,” Sahi said.“There are Hindus in the United States and in India who oppose this temple and the politics that it brings this temple is politics. This temple is not culture, this temple is not faith,” Sahi added.

At Sunday’s parade, the float was decorated with garlands while the members of the Indian diaspora, dressed in traditional attire and holding the India’s tricolour, danced around it.

Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha served as the grand marshal of the parade which took place on New York City’s Madison Avenue.
In a press release, the Indian American Muslim Council (IAMC) said it has withdrawn its float depicting the contribution of Muslims to the humanity following the parade organizer’s refusal to pull out the Ram Mandir float.

Imtiaz Siamwalla, the president of Indian Muslims of North America sent a letter to parade organizers Saturday, notifying them of the decision.

“It is with a heavy heart that we find ourselves compelled to withdraw our float since the integrity of the parade has been called into the question,” he wrote.

Siamwalla said the Ram Mandir float is political symbolism meant to intimidate Muslims in attendance at Sunday’s parade.

“They want to show the minorities – look what we did in our country we can do it here too, this is all for intimidation,” Siamwalla said.

Other groups had also called on parade organizers to not allow the float in Sunday’s parade, saying it’s an overt politicization of an event meant to celebrate Indian people, not their politics.

A number of New York lawmakers had already spoken out against the use of hate symbols during the event, at the urging of Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Jewish, and Black activists who labeled the Ram Temple float “divisive.”

“No one should be using any anti-conversations in marching these parades,” said Mayor Eric Adams at a press conference last week. “I want to send a symbolic gesture that the city is open to everyone and there’s no room for hate.”

Source: APP

Intolerance in India also affecting indian Muslims abroad
====
Indian-American Muslims stayed away from India’s Independence Day parade in New York City on Sunday to protest the inclusion of a float featuring Ram Mandir that they say glorifies anti-Muslim violence, the destruction of historic mosques, and Hindu supremacy

Several U.S.-based civil rights organizations had written a letter to New York City Mayor Eric Adams and New York Governor Kathy Hochul, seeking their intervention to remove the controversial float, saying it was anti-Muslim.

Among the groups who signed the letter were the Indian American Muslim Council (IAMC), the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), and Hindus for Human Rights.

But the parade organizers rejected calls to remove the float — which is 18 feet long, 9 feet wide, and 8 feet tall — saying it celebrates the inauguration of a sacred landmark that is significant to hundreds of millions of Hindus.

The Ram Temple stands on the ruins of the historic Babri Mosque in Ayodhya that was demolished in 1992 by a mob of over 150,000 right-wing Hindu militants. The demolition sparked widespread riots across northern India, resulting in the deaths of thousands, predominantly Muslims.

In January this year, during and after the Ram Temple’s consecration ceremony, Hindu nationalist mobs unleashed waves of anti-Muslim violence throughout India, including the desecration of mosques.

It was not just Indian Muslims who spoke out against the inclusion of the float. Ajit Sahi, advocacy director for the Indian American Muslim Council, said parade organizers are allowing Hindu extremist ideology to taint what is supposed to be a celebration of independence and secularism.

“I am a Hindu and from the bottom of my heart, I reject Hindu fundamentalism and Hindu extremism,” Sahi said.“There are Hindus in the United States and in India who oppose this temple and the politics that it brings this temple is politics. This temple is not culture, this temple is not faith,” Sahi added.

At Sunday’s parade, the float was decorated with garlands while the members of the Indian diaspora, dressed in traditional attire and holding the India’s tricolour, danced around it.

Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinha served as the grand marshal of the parade which took place on New York City’s Madison Avenue.
In a press release, the Indian American Muslim Council (IAMC) said it has withdrawn its float depicting the contribution of Muslims to the humanity following the parade organizer’s refusal to pull out the Ram Mandir float.

Imtiaz Siamwalla, the president of Indian Muslims of North America sent a letter to parade organizers Saturday, notifying them of the decision.

“It is with a heavy heart that we find ourselves compelled to withdraw our float since the integrity of the parade has been called into the question,” he wrote.

Siamwalla said the Ram Mandir float is political symbolism meant to intimidate Muslims in attendance at Sunday’s parade.

“They want to show the minorities – look what we did in our country we can do it here too, this is all for intimidation,” Siamwalla said.

Other groups had also called on parade organizers to not allow the float in Sunday’s parade, saying it’s an overt politicization of an event meant to celebrate Indian people, not their politics.

A number of New York lawmakers had already spoken out against the use of hate symbols during the event, at the urging of Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Jewish, and Black activists who labeled the Ram Temple float “divisive.”

“No one should be using any anti-conversations in marching these parades,” said Mayor Eric Adams at a press conference last week. “I want to send a symbolic gesture that the city is open to everyone and there’s no room for hate.”

Source: APP

Hindus must give into demands of Muslims. Not happening. Not in India. Not anywhere else.

The alarming rise of anti-Dalit violence and discrimination in India: A series of gruesome incidents since July 2024​

India has long struggled with deep-rooted caste-based discrimination that permeates into various aspects of society. Despite constitutional safeguards and legal protections, Dalits in India continue to face systemic violence, discrimination, and social exclusion. Recent incidents across the country highlight a grim reality where Dalit lives are often undervalued, leading to a surge in brutal attacks, social boycotts, and caste-based atrocities.

This report chronicles a disturbing series of anti-Dalit incidents that have occurred since July, shedding light on the pervasive nature of caste-based violence in contemporary India. These incidents, spanning from the southern state of Karnataka to the northern territories of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, as well as eastern states like Bihar, reveal a grim pattern of violence and systemic oppression against individuals from the Dalit community. Victims range from children to the elderly, showing that no age group is spared from the cruelty rooted in caste prejudice. The atrocities include not only physical violence but also psychological torture, sexual assault, and social exclusion, underscoring the pervasive and multi-faceted nature of caste-based discrimination in contemporary India.

From Karnataka, in the southern part of the country, three incidents of murder and assault have highlighted the continuing dangers faced by Dalits even in everyday situations. The cases of a young Dalit woman poisoned to death following an inter-caste marriage and an elderly Dalit man beaten for seeking shelter during a rainstorm starkly illustrate the lethal consequences of caste hatred.

In the north, Uttar Pradesh has once again proven to be a hotbed of caste-based violence. The incidents there range from the rape of a minor Dalit girl, whose pleas for justice were ignored by the police, to the horrific act of forcing a Dalit boy to drink urine as a form of punishment. These crimes highlight a culture of impunity where caste-based violence is often dismissed or inadequately addressed by the authorities.

In Uttarakhand, Dalit families have been subjected to a social boycott, effectively cutting them off from essential resources, simply for failing to participate in a religious event due to illness. This act of collective punishment, sanctioned by the local panchayat, demonstrates the extent to which caste hierarchies are enforced in rural India, where non-compliance with oppressive traditions can lead to severe and life-threatening consequences.

In Bihar, the rape of a Dalit girl and the subsequent threats made by police to her family reveal a disturbing collusion between perpetrators and law enforcement. Similarly, in Madhya Pradesh, the torture of a Dalit man by police officers, who allegedly used casteist slurs and inflicted severe physical harm, points to the institutionalization of caste discrimination within the very systems meant to protect citizens.

These incidents, scattered across the diverse geographic and cultural landscape of India, reveal a grim reality: caste-based violence and discrimination continue to be a pervasive issue in the country. It is essential to be highlighted here that out of all the states from where these incidents have been report, only the state of Karnataka is being governed by the Congress party, rest of the states are ruled by Bharatiya Janata Party and their allies. Despite legal protections and decades of social reform movements, Dalits remain vulnerable to extreme forms of violence, and the perpetrators often act with impunity. This series of attacks, occurring within a period of two months, serves as a stark reminder that the fight against caste oppression is far from over and requires urgent, comprehensive action at both societal and governmental levels.

Source: CJP

As India hosts the G-20, a warning about the country’s future​

This weekend, world leaders will converge on India for the Group of 20 summit. New Delhi is plastered with posters proudly celebrating the fact that the world’s largest democracy is hosting the proceedings.

But even as the celebratory mood hits a fevered pitch, Muslims in India continue to be targeted in hate crimes, with inciting rhetoric spreading widely on traditional and social media. Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government is somewhere between passive and complicit as the chaos spreads.

I sat down with Justice B.N. Srikrishna, a former judge of the Supreme Court of India, to talk about where India is today. A master in Sanskrit whose grandfather was a Hindu scholar, Srikrishna discussed how the idea of coexistence in India is now under threat from by those in power.

Rana Ayyub: How does the average Hindu reclaim his Hinduism from people who are weaponizing the faith?

B.N. Srikrishna:
Is an average German a bad man or a bad woman? In the 1930s, Germans idolized — lionized — Hitler. They painted crosses on Jewish shops, encouraged brigandry, threw stones and scrawled threats on walls.
🎤

A kind of madness is also prevailing today here in India. Passions are running high. A fire is burning. If you keep on fueling it, it will burn. If you stop fueling it, one day it will slowly subside and die out.

Who will stop it? The average Indian doesn’t seem to be worried about it just yet.
Do you remember the famous poem [by Martin Niemöller]? First, they came for the socialists. I was not a socialist, so I didn’t speak out. Then they came for the trade unionists. I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews. Then they came for me — and there was no one left to speak for me.

As a practicing Hindu, how do you feel when you see all this?
I feel very sad. I feel that this is the work of idiots who do not understand the basics of the Hindu faith — who claim to be Hindus without understanding the basic values of Hinduism.
A lot of Muslims seem to be resorting to cynicism right now because they don’t see justice coming from any quarters. Has the rule of law collapsed in the country?

It has collapsed. I recently gave an interview that put me in conflict with the law minister. The problem is that if you criticize the government, chances are that the state will weaponize the law against you. So, unless you have the ability to withstand all this, and are sure that you don’t have any personal matters which can be turned against you in a court of law, you are always afraid.

Source: Washington Post

Poor people .They can only throw stones at a fellow citizen's religious gathering

Clashes in Karnataka's Mandya as stones thrown during Ganpati procession

As per initial information, some people from Badarikoppalu village were taking out a procession for Ganpati idol immersion. As the procession was passing on the main road in Nagamangala, stones were allegedly thrown at them from near a mosque.

Tensions gripped Nagamangala town in Karnataka's Mandya district after clashes between two groups allegedly during a Ganpati procession. Shops and businesses were set afire by a group as the police had to impose restrictive orders in the area.

As per initial information, some people from Badarikoppalu village were taking out a procession for Ganpati idol immersion. As the procession was passing on the main road in Nagamangala, stones were thrown at them, allegedly from near a mosque.

Police attempted to bring the situation under control. Angry members of the Hindu community protested at the police station, demanding the immediate arrest of those responsible for the incident.

Mallikarjun Baladandi, Mandya Superintendent of Police (SP), told India Today that when the procession arrived near the mosque, they spent more time there without moving.

"There were arguments between members of the two communities over this. Police intervened and tried to disperse the crowd. Due to the large number of people, the police had to resort to lathicharge to control the situation. Following that, people protested in front of the police station. Members of the other community also gathered in large numbers and started throwing stones. They even torched a few bikes and shops on the roadside," the SP said.

India was never this unstable before​

====

India: Renewed Ethnic Violence in Manipur State​

Indian authorities should urgently intervene to address renewed violence between ethnic groups in India’s northeastern state of Manipur, Human Rights Watch said today. Both the Manipur state and central governments should take prompt measures to resolve disputes, investigate abuses, and appropriately punish those responsible.

Armed groups from the predominantly Christian Kuki-Zo community and the mostly Hindu Meitei community have engaged in deadly violence, which has reportedly killed at least 11 people. Students and others have protested the violence, and some have clashed with security forces and attacked government buildings. On September 10, 2024, the Manipur state government imposed a curfew in three districts and suspended the internet in five districts until September 15.

“The state government’s response to increasingly violent ethnic clashes in Manipur has just caused greater harm,” said Meenakshi Ganguly, deputy Asia director at Human Right Watch. “Instead of protecting vulnerable communities and upholding the rule of law, the authorities have deepened longstanding anger and distrust among the communities through polarizing policies.”

Manipur’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state government, led by Chief Minister N. Biren Singh, an ethnic Meitei, has replicated his party’s divisive policies used nationally to promote Hindu majoritarianism. He has publicly claimed without any basis that the Kuki were providing sanctuary to illegal immigrants from Myanmar and engaged in drug trafficking, deforestation, and militancy.

Since May 2023, over 200 people have been killed and hundreds injured. More than 60,000 people have been displaced and are living in cramped shelters. Several Kuki women have reported sexual violence and rape by Meitei mobs. Homes, businesses, villages, and places of worship, mostly targeting the Kuki community, have been burned down, attacked, and vandalized.

The latest violence reportedly began on September 1, when suspected Kuki militants attacked villages in West Imphal district using drones, killing two villagers and wounding several others. On September 6 in Bishnupur district, suspected Kuki militants carried out rocket attacks, killing an older man and injuring six others, including a 13-year-old girl. On September 7 in Jiribam district, six people were killed in gun violence between Meitei and Kuki groups. In Sekmai, a mob allegedly beat to death a Kuki man, while Meitei armed groups attacked a Central Police Reserve Force camp and nearby homes, killing a woman.

The current violence in Manipur state erupted on May 3, 2023, after tribal communities protested a Manipur High Court order granting the majority Meitei community certain benefits, including land ownership in protected areas and quotas in government jobs and college admissions. Such affirmative action is usually reserved for tribal groups to correct historical and structural inequity and discrimination. The protest, which included Kuki-Zo, among the larger tribal communities in Manipur, who live primarily in hill areas where the Meitei would be allowed to purchase land under the new ruling, turned violent with clashes between Meitei and Kuki-Zo. Manipur High Court revoked the contentious order in February 2024.

Tensions had already been rising for months with Meitei community members accusing the Kuki-Zo of being illegal migrants, cultivating poppies for the illegal drug trade, and benefiting from government quotas in jobs and education. The Kuki-Zo community accused the authorities of discrimination and of escalating the eviction of Kuki tribal villagers from forest areas.

Local activists have alleged that the state government has provided political patronage to violent vigilante groups that support the Meitei community. The Kuki-Zo communities have accused the groups of violent attacks, sexual abuse, and murder. The Manipur authorities have failed to investigate or take any action against groups implicated in violence.

Manipur has long faced secessionist insurgencies in which armed groups and government security forces have committed serious human rights abuses. Longstanding ethnic disputes, especially over land and natural resources, have often turned violent.

The Manipur state government should urgently adopt measures to protect the security of all communities, especially those particularly vulnerable, and de-escalate the violence. Local authorities need to ensure unhindered and adequate humanitarian aid to affected communities, permit access to the internet, and engage with civil society, including women from all sides, to address the longstanding issues between the communities. The state government should work with India’s central government to provide redress for victims of abuses, including for sexual violence, investigate and fairly prosecute those responsible, and act to demobilize and disarm abusive groups.

Local authorities in Manipur should uphold the rights to freedom of expression, association, and peaceful assembly in their response to the current situation. Security forces should abide by the United Nations Basic Principles on the Use of Force and Firearms by Law Enforcement Officials, which provide that security forces use the minimum necessary force at all times. In dispersing violent assemblies, firearms may only be used when other less harmful means are not practicable but to the minimum extent necessary. Law enforcement officers may only intentionally resort to lethal force when strictly unavoidable to protect life.

“Manipur’s government has lost the trust of communities due to its partisan politics and failure to protect them from violence,” Ganguly said. “It can begin to build that trust by ensuring that victims and their families receive prompt redress, those responsible for abuses are held to account, and all communities are protected from further violence.”

Source: Humans Right Watch

Back