[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Mohsin Naqvi honors players' milestones with special jerseys: Trendsetting or Superfluous?

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Since Mohsin Naqvi has taken charge as PCB chairman, he has been constantly busy interfering in management and coaching matters. Additionally, he is trying to gain the spotlight by initiating a program to award players special jerseys for their achievements.

Before the Ireland tour, PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi presented special green shirts to Naseem Shah for taking 100 wickets in T20 format and to Mohammad Rizwan for completing 3000 T20I runs.

Furthermore, PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi honored Shaheen Shah Afridi's recent achievement of reaching 300 wickets in international cricket by presenting him with a special jersey. Similarly, Babar Azam was celebrated for becoming the most successful T20I captain, and he was also presented with a special jersey by PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi.

What is your take on it?

B6OCaWk.png

qPc9nBI.png

pn4YroK.png

Nq0vXYf.png

Last edited:
These types of awards are nonsense for T20 cricket.

Runs and wickets are a big deal in test cricket as that's how a player's legacy is measured.

In T20 cricket only performances in world cups matter. Impact on matches is far more important in T20.

And in this format there isn't always a direct correlation between runs/wickets and impact.

So Babar can lose a few games…

Masaba will win some and overtake Babar

Then Babar will win some and overtake Masaba…

Will Naqvi give a new shirt to Babar?

its all for PR... this is what destroyed pakistan cricket
I don’t understand the point of it.

You give these sort of things to a captain or player once they retire. What’s the point of giving it to them when they are still active?

Why not give Sarfaraz a shirt for his phenomenal record or win loss ratio of winning 30 out of 37 games as T20 captain and leading his side to number 1?

You’ve rewarded a bloke for winning one more game over Uganda’s Brian Masaba…whilst the team is ranked 7th and just lost a game to Ireland the other day lol.

Mohsin Naqvi behaves like he's Interior Minister of some tiny, peaceful little island in the Caribbean Sea instead of a country with 3 hot borders and multiple active militant groups.

Since Mohsin Naqvi has taken charge as PCB chairman, he has been constantly busy interfering in management and coaching matters. Additionally, he is trying to gain the spotlight by initiating a program to award players special jerseys for their achievements.

Before the Ireland tour, PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi presented special green shirts to Naseem Shah for taking 100 wickets in T20 format and to Mohammad Rizwan for completing 3000 T20I runs.

Furthermore, PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi honored Shaheen Shah Afridi's recent achievement of reaching 300 wickets in international cricket by presenting him with a special jersey. Similarly, Babar Azam was celebrated for becoming the most successful T20I captain, and he was also presented with a special jersey by PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi.

What is your take on it?

B6OCaWk.png

qPc9nBI.png

pn4YroK.png

Nq0vXYf.png
Why doesn’t Rizwan’s shirt have his strike rate on it as well?

You give these sort of things to a captain or player once they retire. What’s the point of giving it to them when they are still active?

Why not give Sarfaraz a shirt for his phenomenal record or win loss ratio of winning 30 out of 37 games as T20 captain and leading his side to number 1?

You’ve rewarded a bloke for winning one more game over Uganda’s Brian Masaba…whilst the team is ranked 7th and just lost a game to Ireland the other day lol.
They really are no different to muhammed amir, muhammed amir sold him self for money and rizwan babar shadab shaheen sold them selves for PR.

Need To get rid of these PR hungry guys for the betterment of pakiatan cricket

They really are no different to muhammed amir, muhammed amir sold him self for money and rizwan babar shadab shaheen sold them selves for PR.

Need To get rid of these PR hungry guys for the betterment of pakiatan cricket
I have argued this before as well. They are all slaves to the mighty dollar one way or another. Money over country for all of them

This is fine, but only if this T-Shirt gesture is followed by the Sitar-e-Imtiaz for Mr. Riswan’s 50+ score and beautiful MashaAllah performance against Ireland.

What will they do with this good for nothing jersey given for a worthless T20 stat?

Should stick with cake cutting ceremonies. Atleast they can eat the cake. :inti

In the end he will deduct all the money spent on shirts from the announced $100,000 prize money :ROFLMAO:

Is there really no one in Pakistan (cricket) that can slap these jokers?
What are they doing! What is next, celebrating 1000 minutes on the field.
Do they even know that so called milestones in T20 cricket mean Jack!

True, it's more of a photo op for the new boss. Like an HR sponsored motivational event. Not to be taken seriously.

This all shirt swapping drama is good for Ireland's PR and has done nothing good for Pakistan except that everybody knows now that Pakistan will have the privilege of facing MIGHTY IRELAND in Test match later this year.

These are all completely meaningless milestones that mean absolutely nothing. It seems to me that this is just an excuse for this fool to get some more attention.

While Mr. Naqvi is in Ireland, can he issue Boober Azam a personalised T-Shirt to please for hitting four Chukkaz in an over against Ireland. Thank you sir, don’t leave our Soooper Star Boober out.

I understand the milestones of 100 or 300 wickets and 3000 runs but not sure about the 45 T20I win.

Still giving milestone shirts is a much better option than those cringe worthy cake cutting celebrations. :hasan2

Still giving milestone shirts is a much better option than those cringe worthy cake cutting celebrations. :hasan2
But why do people watch the cake celebrations? I don't. It is done to create content for social media and those that don't want to watch( like me), don't.

But why do people watch the cake celebrations? I don't. It is done to create content for social media and those that don't want to watch( like me), don't.
I also close my eyes tightly whenever these cake cutting celebrations suddenly appear on social media. :ROFLMAO:

Looks like a kindergarten participation award ceremony.

Celebrating embarrassingly amateur standard mediocrity as if its the Gold standard. A cake celebration in another guise!

First, it was a cake celebration for almost everything, good or bad, nobody cared about it, and now this milestone jersey trend. Where is PCB going with all this extra stuff? Nowhere. Just another way to please their ownselfs that we have done something that I believe nobody cares about until they win an ICC trophy now.

Not sure what he will award now.

Problem with our people is one extreme to another.

In the space of a month, he has gone from handing out awards to his players to seemingly becoming a surgeon that will perform surgery on them.

Problem with Pakistan is that he may himself get removed by a bigger fish!

Problem with Pakistan is that he may himself get removed by a bigger fish!
Actually I think the problem is that the person who replaces him will probably be an even bigger clown. That seems to be a recurring theme. Even when we somehow manage to get an actual professional on the job like Wasim Khan, it ends badly because there is too much political control over cricket by people who don't understand anything about it.

Nida Dar completed 2000 career runs in T20I matches

She is the third Pakistan cricketer to achieve this feat in Women's Twenty20 International matches.

She was given a special jersey by the team management for crossing this milestone.

Back