[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Did Suryakumar Yadav touch the boundary rope while taking the catch to dismiss South Africa's David Miller?

Did Suryakumar Yadav touch the boundary rope while taking the catch to dismiss South Africa's David

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Suryakumar Yadav played a crucial role in India’s T20 World Cup victory by making a remarkable boundary catch during the final over of South Africa’s innings in Bridgetown. However, some observant viewers identified a possible reason why the critical wicket should have been disallowed.

Suryakumar Yadav, positioned at long-off, ran towards the ball, tossed it into the air before crossing the boundary line, and then returned to the field to complete the catch.

Some argue that Yadav’s foot touched the boundary rope while he was in contact with the ball, which would make it a six according to the laws of cricket. However, the third umpire, Richard Kettleborough, after reviewing the replays, awarded the wicket to India.

Here are some pictures and videos for all of you to decide on:

40w2SUi.png

View attachment ssstwitter.com_1719730376059.mp4View attachment surya catch.mp4

“Do you believe Suryakumar Yadav’s boundary catch in the final over of the T20 World Cup was within the laws of cricket, or do you think it should have been ruled as a six?​

So wait a minute, in the surya over rated thread, i was told that his cacth was now the next best thing.

But you are telling me he cheated?

Lol, the over rates hack cheated his way in the final

IIRC at the time wasn’t there another video they showed from the side, one that suggested it was legit?

I watched the highlights last night and was pretty sure that his left foot touched the boundary. You could see it move slightly...

Don't know why the third umpire didn't zoom into that...

I watched the highlights last night and was pretty sure that his left foot touched the boundary. You could see it move slightly...

Don't know why the third umpire didn't zoom into that...
Jay Shah made sure this time he himself has to be there to make things go according to script :p

It was a clean catch. No need to make controversy out of everything
hey catch was clean, but you can see the rope move. They never zoomed into the feet.

It could had been adjusted to a six.

There sure was a bit of rope moment. Blatant cheating this against Pak.

Calling Inzi, basti, laqman, hamid, javed, afridi and the rest to unite. Should go allout all guns blazing to stain and taint this unpleasant world cup victory of the dushman mulk. Will be a consolation for early exit and encouragement to lift the cup next time.
:inti

Quick decision from the third umpire but it definitely looked clean from the angles we got to see during the match.

In any event, the match was already won before that.

SKY’s catch is memorable and unbelievable…. Third umpires had all latest technology to take the decision. The way SKY took the catch clearly show what physical fitness and fielding practice Indian team is having.

It's clean. There was no movement of boundary markers,no any change or vibration. The umpire checked it from 2 different angles in real time because it helps in determining whether it touched the boundary. If there is no movement, there is not sufficient evidence to determine it has touched. Hence out.
That being said, I am not sure how it would matter even if it touched now, the match is over, the game is dusted. It's not going to change the results now.

It is a clean catch. Doctored images are going around in the social media. Basically they drew a white line lol It is not even worth a controversy.

Really?
Sky doctored the highlights then?
I am talking about some arbitrary lines drawn by some guys and claim that is the boundary. Also they wre trying to make grass movement look like skirt movement. It is as clean catch as it comes. People just try to look for some controversy.

I am talking about some arbitrary lines drawn by some guys and claim that is the boundary. Also they wre trying to make grass movement look like skirt movement. It is as clean catch as it comes. People just try to look for some controversy.
the grass movement is a good point...

Video editing business at its best… SA management was watching that catch on TV, they haven’t raised any objection

Watching social media South Africans are not happy about this catch and decision. They feel his foot was touching the boundary even slightly and the boundary rope was not placed properly. The catch was world class and will be remembered for ages. Don't see a single Pakistani player ever pull off a catch like this

Video editing business at its best… SA management was watching that catch on TV, they haven’t raised any objection
Usual suspects promoted this. FOX sports au cricket. Amount of things they promote as controversy is amazing. They ripped Gulbadin to shreads after that act.

Watching social media South Africans are not happy about this catch and decision. They feel his foot was touching the boundary even slightly and the boundary rope was not placed properly. The catch was world class and will be remembered for ages. Don't see a single Pakistani player ever pull off a catch like this

It was not conclusive I feel. Umpire should've checked from a closer angle (magnifying angle).

It seems like there is no such thing as "benefit of doubt should go to batter" anymore in cricket.

The hindu commentary of the catch is epic in the video above.

"Long off! Long off! Long Oooooffffff! Suryakumar Yadav!"

What a catch given the context, moment, and pressure.

Suryakumar Yadav played a crucial role in India’s T20 World Cup victory by making a remarkable boundary catch during the final over of South Africa’s innings in Bridgetown. However, some observant viewers identified a possible reason why the critical wicket should have been disallowed.

Suryakumar Yadav, positioned at long-off, ran towards the ball, tossed it into the air before crossing the boundary line, and then returned to the field to complete the catch.

Some argue that Yadav’s foot touched the boundary rope while he was in contact with the ball, which would make it a six according to the laws of cricket. However, the third umpire, Richard Kettleborough, after reviewing the replays, awarded the wicket to India.

Here are some pictures and videos for all of you to decide on:

40w2SUi.png

View attachment 144924View attachment 144923

“Do you believe Suryakumar Yadav’s boundary catch in the final over of the T20 World Cup was within the laws of cricket, or do you think it should have been ruled as a six?​
The pic is mildly edited. :excitedtroll
There was not one bit controversy when it was live and reviewed and even Miller was walking once he saw the replay. But some guys cant digest it. Please bring on such threads, its lovely.
I want to hear some IPL contract stuff too

The pic is mildly edited. :excitedtroll
There was not one bit controversy when it was live and reviewed and even Miller was walking once he saw the replay. But some guys cant digest it. Please bring on such threads, its lovely.
I want to hear some IPL contract stuff too

Some ppls don’t digest as they chocked in ICCT in last 8 years

The bigger actual controversy should be that, the rope had actually shifted by a few inches during the match. Had the rope remained at exactly the original position it would have been a Six.
1719745179003.png
Use this my conspiracy Brothers :trollface
Bhai, create controversy with facts not dumb snapshots!

While talking to a local media outlet, Suryakumar Yadav said:

"Now it's easy to say. But at that time, it felt like a trophy was sailing over the boundary to the other side. But yeah, in that moment, you don't think the ball will cross the boundary line and go for six. Whatever was in my control, I tried it. And wind was also a good factor at that moment and helped me a little bit. And we have done a lot of practice sessions with our fielding coach and taken a lot of catches like this. So when it comes to a game like this, our presence of mind is very important."

"I feel this is a funny game. It's a fantastic leveller and the game isn't finished till the last ball is bowled. It was, I will not lie. At some moment we felt there is gap between our victory and their win. But back of the mind, you remind yourself all the hard work you have put in the last 2 months and 2 years, post 2022 T20 World Cup. All that was running in my mind in the last 5 to 6 overs of the game. We had Bumrah's 2 overs and Arshdeep's 1 and they were at the top of their game. So I had a belief that these guys can turn the game around."

Yep, so many conspiracies. Why not add the one about Bumrah's action here too?
Does he chuck? Maybe? Maybe not?
Let's see the lab results?

No doubt about it.
Just like Akhter, Murali, Ajmal, and to a lesser extent Lee, Bumrah also has a dodgy action.

This is handiwork of some social media attention seekers. They know anything controversial against India will earn them good amount of engagement.
There is no controversy here. Catch was as clean as it can be.

No doubt about it.
Just like Akhter, Murali, Ajmal, and to a lesser extent Lee, Bumrah also has a dodgy action.

and the difference is that those bowlers were tested.
I'm not sure Bumrah has ever been test?

Not saying miller would have definitely finished the game, but that was not a legitimate catch and as some have said, I am actually shocked what a rush the third umpire was in for a check of that magnitude.

Nowadays it's very easy to manufacture a controversy. You can get two three contrarian people's tweets and draft an argument that claims to show both sides of the story.

The bigger actual controversy should be that, the rope had actually shifted by a few inches during the match. Had the rope remained at exactly the original position it would have been a Six.
View attachment 144932
Use this my conspiracy Brothers :trollface
Bhai, create controversy with facts not dumb snapshots!

This whole thing is actually a great case-study on how generational delusions take birth in less educated parts of the world. The denial and victimhood is so strong that they will take anything as evidence to brainwash themselves and generations to come.

Nah, the equivalent of hand of God can only happen in a knockout world cup match against arch nemesis - so for India's case Pakistan.

England and Argentina were arch rivals and the match was supposed to be the decider match. The Hand Of God was stuff of legends for this reason.

T20 wc match between India and SA doesn't have that much rivalry

Nah, the equivalent of hand of God can only happen in a knockout world cup match against arch nemesis - so for India's case Pakistan.

England and Argentina were arch rivals and the match was supposed to be the decider match. The Hand Of God was stuff of legends for this reason.

T20 wc match between India and SA doesn't have that much rivalry
England has a fantasy of being arch rival to every big team in Football.

No doubt about it.
Love the tears, but this delusion only exists in the minds of Pak fans.

And tbh, you can do nothing but cry about it. The BCCI/ICC runs cricket so you will have to deal with it

England has a fantasy of being arch rival to every big team in Football.
Hahah. In this case though it makes sense. England and Argentina have hostile relations due to Falkland Islands wars and during this time, it was just 4 years after it due to which sentiments ran high.
I hope I am not detailing the main convo. I just find the history intriguing

Not saying miller would have definitely finished the game, but that was not a legitimate catch and as some have said, I am actually shocked what a rush the third umpire was in for a check of that magnitude.
Question- did you see the match? Or did you get your info from some tiktok video? The umpire checked all angles - all angles were showed slo mo and he didn't rush . Yes he didn't take 10 minutes as you want - because it was such a clean catch. Even David Miller the moment he saw the replay started walking back rightaway without even waiting for the umpires decision. Such conspiracy theories. If some folks believe earth is flat and not round- there is not much you can do i guess.🤷‍♂️

Hahah. In this case though it makes sense. England and Argentina have hostile relations due to Falkland Islands wars and during this time, it was just 4 years after it due to which sentiments ran high.
I hope I am not detailing the main convo. I just find the history intriguing
English media and their fantasies of the imperial pasts.

This whole thing is actually a great case-study on how generational delusions take birth in less educated parts of the world. The denial and victimhood is so strong that they will take anything as evidence to brainwash themselves and generations to come.
Precisely why I haven't checked sny social media (YouTube, Instagram etc)... far too many conspiracies out there and easy to doctor images.

I'm just going by the highlights I saw on Sky TV....it shows the a little movement of the bottom of the boundary which is caused by the fielders left foot.

Whether that little bit of movement is grass or the fabric of the boundary is debatable

Falkland had just happened mate
English media keeps reliving their past glories and more so missed glories!
We have had far better World Cups and legendary finals to speak of but English media will keep up the narrative of 1966 and 1986 forever. Rest of the world needs to master this art.

We have had far better World Cups and legendary finals to speak of but English media will keep up the narrative of 1966 and 1986 forever. Rest of the world needs to master this art.

What happened in 1986?

Love the tears, but this delusion only exists in the minds of Pak fans.

And tbh, you can do nothing but cry about it. The BCCI/ICC runs cricket so you will have to deal with it
Your second paragraph is absolutely true

Precisely why I haven't checked sny social media (YouTube, Instagram etc)... far too many conspiracies out there and easy to doctor images.

I'm just going by the highlights I saw on Sky TV....it shows the a little movement of the bottom of the boundary which is caused by the fielders left foot.

Whether that little bit of movement is grass or the fabric of the boundary is debatable
Do you reckon they should have snicko on the boundary ropes to settle these issues in the future?

Or we could maybe send all the boundary cushions to the lab to be tested for damage?

Once we get these sort of lab tests going, maybe we could slip in Bumrah's action quietly with all those samples. BCCICC need not be officially informed :dhoni

Atleast they haven't made a movie outta 66, gotta give it to them

you got to live in the UK to understand Falklands and the self deprecating "it's coming home" and the whole theme why there's bad blood with Argies...

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a clean catch. No need to sully India’s fantastic win over such silly conspiracy theories.

Atleast they haven't made a movie outta 66, gotta give it to them

you got to live in the UK to understand Falklands and the self deprecating "it's coming home" and the whole theme why there's bad blood with Argies...

Why are you mad at England? Doesn't Bollywood do the same? I believe there is a movie about 1983.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you reckon they should have snicko on the boundary ropes to settle these issues in the future?

Or we could maybe send all the boundary cushions to the lab to be tested for damage?

Once we get these sort of lab tests going, maybe we could slip in Bumrah's action quietly with all those samples. BCCICC need not be officially informed :dhoni
I don't understand why all the Indians very so worked up.

Not everyone comes here with their Pakistan glasses on looking to troll Indians or from a position where they feel insecure...

I didn't start this thread but I did notice a slightl movement when the left foot was close to the boundary... it's not even slight, you can actually see it move... whether it was grass or a bit of the fabric of the boundary line, I wouldn't know as the cameras didn't show it more then once and the third umpire didn't ask for a close up.

But that movement is there, you'd have to be blind not to see it.

Again, I've been consistent with Bumrah's action too... not only when he has done well for India but going back to his debut.

Every single international bowler with a suspect action has been tested. Whether it's proven they had hyper extension, we're within the 15 degrees or an outside chucker, they were nonetheless tested.

So I ask again, has Bumrah been tested and if not then why?

Back