[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Did Suryakumar Yadav touch the boundary rope while taking the catch to dismiss South Africa's David Miller?

Did Suryakumar Yadav touch the boundary rope while taking the catch to dismiss South Africa's David

• Total voters
In my opinion, India had lost the match when South Africa needed 24 runs off 24 balls and Klassen was well settled. Suddenly, clever Pant appeared, needing a physician for his knee injury, whether deliberate or real. This broke the momentum of the match. Had they continued without any break, South Africa would have had a bright chance. After the much-needed break, Klassen got out the next ball. That was the turning point

I don't understand why all the Indians very so worked up.

Not everyone comes here with their Pakistan glasses on looking to troll Indians or from a position where they feel insecure...

I didn't start this thread but I did notice a slightl movement when the left foot was close to the boundary... it's not even slight, you can actually see it move... whether it was grass or a bit of the fabric of the boundary line, I wouldn't know as the cameras didn't show it more then once and the third umpire didn't ask for a close up.

But that movement is there, you'd have to be blind not to see it.

Again, I've been consistent with Bumrah's action too... not only when he has done well for India but going back to his debut.

Every single international bowler with a suspect action has been tested. Whether it's proven they had hyper extension, we're within the 15 degrees or an outside chucker, they were nonetheless tested.

So I ask again, has Bumrah been tested and if not then why?

You're consistently wrong about Bumrah because you are clueless about bowling actions/bowling. No need to test Bumrah on that basis.

Not everyone comes here with their Pakistan glasses on looking to troll Indians or from a position where they feel insecure...

I didn't start this thread but I did notice a slightl movement when the left foot was close to the boundary... it's not even slight, you can actually see it move... whether it was grass or a bit of the fabric of the boundary line, I wouldn't know as the cameras didn't show it more then once and the third umpire didn't ask for a close up.

Again, I've been consistent with Bumrah's action too... not only when he has done well for India but going back to his debut.

Every single international bowler with a suspect action has been tested. Whether it's proven they had hyper extension, we're within the 15 degrees or an outside chucker, they were nonetheless tested.

I also thought the foot was way too close to the boundary cushion. Why didn't umpire magnify it? He seemed to be in a hurry to give that out.

In the final over of a tense final, umpire needed to be more responsible and use all available angles.

Would you like me to post the footage here so you can point out this exact moment?

You sure it was the footage that showed movement. Or was it maybe, you know, a little tremor inside you causing the shaking :dhoni

Nah, the equivalent of hand of God can only happen in a knockout world cup match against arch nemesis - so for India's case Pakistan.

England and Argentina were arch rivals and the match was supposed to be the decider match. The Hand Of God was stuff of legends for this reason.

T20 wc match between India and SA doesn't have that much rivalry
It was the second goal moments after which was the reason to call his first

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, India had lost the match when South Africa needed 24 runs off 24 balls and Klassen was well settled. Suddenly, clever Pant appeared, needing a physician for his knee injury, whether deliberate or real. This broke the momentum of the match. Had they continued without any break, South Africa would have had a bright chance. After the much-needed break, Klassen got out the next ball. That was the turning point
He was limping during the celebrations. I think it was real. I doubt he would be able to fake it after winning the World Cup ( or even care to fake anyways).
South African batsmen played some of the most rubbish shots to get out though. There was no reason to go after a wide Yorker when the runrate was under control.

Has Shaheen Afridi been tested and if not then why? I want him to be tested. But no one seems to care. I wonder why.

I'm not a fan of his shaheen's bowling, he's one dimensional and often gets taken to the cleaners... he has to start delivering consistently sooner rather than laters.

Regarding his action, it's quite clear that it's a flick of his wrist...his arm is never bent at any point during his action. So I don't see the comparison...

On the other hand, I was shocked when Hasnain was called and had to be tested. His action never looked dodgy to me but I stood corrected... he clearly did bend his arm when bowling the short delivery...

Because he is not a chucker like Taskin or Al Amin.

It's nobody fault that you are too dumb to get it.

Because he is not a chucker like Taskin or Al Amin.

It's nobody fault that you are too dumb to get it.

He has to be tested to confirm it. Taskin has been cleared by ICC. Al-Amin no longer plays.

Only the mentally handicapped will try to give Bumrah some physical disability :dhoni

I don't call him that but I have seen people calling him that on FB. I think it is due to his odd action.

He has to be tested to confirm it. Taskin has been cleared by ICC. Al-Amin no longer plays.

I don't call him that but I have seen people calling him that on FB. I think it is due to his odd action.
He doesn't have a suspicious action. So no need to call him

Would you like me to post the footage here so you can point out this exact moment?

You sure it was the footage that showed movement. Or was it maybe, you know, a little tremor inside you causing the shaking :dhoni

If someone can upload the video when the catch was being checked by the third umpire, you snd everyone else will see what I'm referring too.

I have it taped on my sky tv but haven't got a clue how to upload it

I think this thread's poll needs to be updated. There should be a 3rd option called "It is inconclusive. Umpire should've checked more from different angles".

He doesn't have a suspicious action. So no need to call him

Google "Bumrah bowling action"
You'll see multitude of photos from a side angle that shows his arm bent.

Of course one can argue that his arm maybe straight at point of delivery and rhst it is within the 15drgrees of straightening but how can anyone possibly know that without the action being tested.

Before anyone mentions doctored photos on the website, I saw the same thing live on commentary during a game....

Of course one can argue that his arm maybe straight at point of delivery and rhst it is within the 15drgrees of straightening but how can anyone possibly know that without the action being tested.

Before anyone mentions doctored photos on the website, I saw the same thing live on commentary during a game....
His arm bends backwards though. It looks really weird and abnormal but it's hyper extension. It's how he gets so much whip and pace.

The law has 15 degree conventional bend but doesn't factor in bowlers with hyper extension like Bumrah.

I have seen on FB and Instagram. I think you can search on FB and Instagram with that keyword.

Anyway, I don't call Bumrah that and I don't support calling anyone that.

Lol what’s the issue there? Our match rate was good so he could do that..

Try to chuck using slingy action, just try it. I am not sure how anyone can chuck.

His arm bends backwards though. It looks really weird and abnormal but it's hyper extension. It's how he gets so much whip and pace.

The law has 15 degree conventional bend but doesn't factor in bowlers with hyper extension like Bumrah.
I think this confuses some fans.

This whole thing is actually a great case-study on how generational delusions take birth in less educated parts of the world. The denial and victimhood is so strong that they will take anything as evidence to brainwash themselves and generations to come.
Most of the articles about this issue are from your country.

We have several examples of the delusions of your media and politicians. From bizarre cricket conspiracies to politicians believing plastic surgery was invented many thousands of years ago.

Before name calling and disrespecting others perhaps it would be to look at the state of your own media and population.

Remember WhatsApp has to restrict the number of times messages could be forwarded because of the dummies in your country.

Yes you're absolutely right about this but how does one assume this without the action actually being tested?

For Shoiab, he action had to be tested and medical reports made confirming his hyper extension.

Are all these available for Bumrah?

I have seen on FB and Instagram. I think you can search on FB and Instagram with that keyword.

Anyway, I don't call Bumrah that and I don't support calling anyone that.
You are right. It was common few years ago especially in trolling between Indians and Pakistanis.

I can draw only two conclusions then. You either don't know what slingy action means or chucking means. It's very hard to do both.

Slingy means you bowl like Malinga, Waqar etc. Chucking means there is jerking.

I have played a lot of street cricket and I have witnessed many chuckers. I know what chucking is.

What lol, this was a one sided rivalry started by the Argentines because they were butt hurt after losing the Falklands War.

And the Falklands has always overwhelming voted to stay with England

It's not always England bad
Not just lost but their bottoms whooped by a country which was 1000s miles away and had to send forces all the way from Blighty to South America, yet the Argies lost...

Argies tool over Falklands, UK sends forces all the way from well UK, lose a few men and a destroyer, Uncle Sam for all the special relation BS never helped UK, yet UK beat Argies

That is Falklands

Ohh plus Falklanders wanted and want to be a part of UK and never supported Argies

Nothing too imperial about it

Slingy means you bowl like Malinga, Waqar etc. Chucking means there is jerking.

I have played a lot of street cricket and I have witnessed many chuckers. I know what chucking is.
How do you manage to chuck when bowling like Malinga? For sling action, you have to have no bends to start with.

You are porobably getting confused with hyperextension. That's not a forward bend.

That is Falklands

Ohh plus Falklanders wanted and want to be a part of UK and never supported Argies

Nothing too imperial about it
The Falklands were inhabited by Britain anyways. No natives lived there when they arrived so it's kinda expected they would always choose them. This is the gist of it from what I heard ( though it could be also insidious propaganda ).

There could be a discussion whether there should be a part of Britain so many miles away from mainland, being in a strategic position in South America. Whether a nation would allow a hostile nation to gain a foothold near the territory. This usually results in wars and conflicts most of the tim ( Taiwan ,The First Island Chain, Korea, Cuba)

No doubt about it.
Just like Akhter, Murali, Ajmal, and to a lesser extent Lee, Bumrah also has a dodgy action.

All those bowlers were called in international cricket.

No one has ever called Bumrah in international cricket.

Many experts of various countries have analysed Bumrahs action and talked about his hyperextension.

That 15 degree is for flexion.

Hyper extension means when you striaghten your arms at the elbow joint the angle goes beyond 180 degrees. Its natural and not deliberate.

Yes you're absolutely right about this but how does one assume this without the action actually being tested?

For Shoiab, he action had to be tested and medical reports made confirming his hyper extension.

Are all these available for Bumrah?

Because this is 2024 and not 2002 and people now know what is hyperextension.

My goodness the Indians here are so insecure or it's seems a nerve has been bit just been touched, but stamped upon with full force.

Now then, has anyone managed to upload the video of that catch?

My goodness the Indians here are so insecure or it's seems a nerve has been bit just been touched, but stamped upon with full force.

Indians are insecure.

Except few pakistani fans no international cricketer expert umpire has questioned Bumrahs Action.

He may or may not have touched the rope by hair, but there wasnt enough evidence. So OUT decision was fine. However, controversy issues are following:
1. Boundary rope moved, why nobody from ICC noticed boundary position has changed?
2. Why do ICC allow team to take "fake" injury breaks while killing off the momentum of the game?

He may or may not have touched the rope by hair, but there wasnt enough evidence. So OUT decision was fine. However, controversy issues are following:
1. Boundary rope moved, why nobody from ICC noticed boundary position has changed?
2. Why do ICC allow team to take "fake" injury breaks while killing off the momentum of the game?
1. I think it changed during the 6th ball of Indian innings when Kohli scored a 4, South African fielders dived and pushed it out. The groundsmen might have not pushed it in that much. I am not sure why this is a greater issue than the rope touching since if the boundary was pushed back, he could have caught it by grabbing later. In the case of rope touching, contact would result in immediate 6.

2.The injury breaks will continue to happen as it is impossible to prove otherwise if the player is injured or fine. At the end of the day, it is part and parcel of the game. I don't think Pant faked it though since he was limping during celebrations.

If there is not enough evidence, it should've been given a six. Benefit of doubt should go to batter, as they say.

If boundary rope was moved, why was it not a six?

Fake injury can't be proven. I think it can be excused.

Err - I watched it live son. The rest of your post seems nonsense - so come back, articulate it at a bit better and I’ll respond
Allright dad - I watched it live as well LOL ! :DThe rest of the post is actual fact - if you have seen it live. Miller walked back as soon as he saw the replay. And didnt see any protest from the SA camp anywhere , so no need to articulate it. It is an issue of comprehension I guess which seems to evade folks. Leaving it at that :ROFLMAO:

Has Shaheen Afridi been tested and if not then why? I want him to be tested. But no one seems to care. I wonder why.
I want some bangladeshi bowler tested for chucking. I don't care who is, anybody or all would do.

I don't know what chucking is, I don't care about extension and that hyper thingy I just want them tested.

That's it!

I have been seeing social media posts of many saffer fans (not the trolls) and I have to say majority of them are amazing and have such sportsmanship, no wonder SA is such a good sport country, something south Asians can easily learn.

All of them have actually praised SKY, it’s almost like many proteas follow IPL.

Tbh they were very quick to take decision, in fact probably the fastest such review
I was the first to point it out in this forum
The 3rd umpire was going through the frames in record speed, like he was scared of asking for another angle to view his foot closer to the rope

I was the first to point it out in this forum
The 3rd umpire was going through the frames in record speed, like he was scared of asking for another angle to view his foot closer to the rope
he knows he will be in controversy in other way. So one just needs to put his foot down and go with his gut instinct.

Seems to me that you are the insecure guy, nice case of projection.

Pakistani fans are insecure because they can't handle the fact that the best pacer on earth is an Indian, because fast bowling used to be their thing.

No your pacers are pretty bad so question Bumrahs action.

This is the height of insecurity

I didn't even think of that. It was strange indeed that they did not try a different angle for that which they do for every other review whether it's small or big.

But to be honest, my main concern was him collecting the ball coming from outside the boundary without landing. This isn't a biased pov, I'm happy for India for their win. And perhaps this doesn't even apply to cricket. But logically speaking, as well as speaking based on other sports such as Basketball, any contact with the ball coming from the "outside of the field" WITHOUT putting your foot back inside is 'out'. Basically, SKY threw the ball up, went outside the boundary line, then caught it before actually coming back in. To me, this is out. Does anybody know an official ICC ruling on this from their playbook? I'm really curious to know more about this strictly from a fan's perspective. When I was seeing it in the review I was sure that they were going to reverse the decision because of that but to my surprise, nobody even mentioned it.

1719771202758.png
This is him grabbing the ball before coming back inside.

Seems to me that you are the insecure guy, nice case of projection.

Pakistani fans are insecure because they can't handle the fact that the best pacer on earth is an Indian, because fast bowling used to be their thing.

No your pacers are pretty bad so question Bumrahs action.

This is the height of insecurity
As a Pakistani, the best pacer on earth is indeed Indian, and Indians do indeed have an overall better pace attack than Pakistan. And spin attack for that matter. That being said, things can be suspected. It's not impossible for a Pakistani to be sincerely suspicious of something

I didn't even think of that. It was strange indeed that they did not try a different angle for that which they do for every other review whether it's small or big.

But to be honest, my main concern was him collecting the ball coming from outside the boundary without landing. This isn't a biased pov, I'm happy for India for their win. And perhaps this doesn't even apply to cricket. But logically speaking, as well as speaking based on other sports such as Basketball, any contact with the ball coming from the "outside of the field" WITHOUT putting your foot back inside is 'out'. Basically, SKY threw the ball up, went outside the boundary line, then caught it before actually coming back in. To me, this is out. Does anybody know an official ICC ruling on this from their playbook? I'm really curious to know more about this strictly from a fan's perspective. When I was seeing it in the review I was sure that they were going to reverse the decision because of that but to my surprise, nobody even mentioned it.

View attachment 144936
This is fine. The only way it's a six (or "out" as you call it ) is if the fielder is in contact with the ground on/outside the boundary while in contact with the ball at the same time

First of all, which is the boundary line here? Whether the Aramco Hoardings or grass cut line before?

In the first innings first over last ball, Nortje tried to save the straight drive boundary and pushed these hoarding back.....
Untitled.jpg

So wait a minute, in the surya over rated thread, i was told that his cacth was now the next best thing.

But you are telling me he cheated?

Lol, the over rates hack cheated his way in the final
Major Vs Surya beef is fantastic. Just when it looks like Surya is about to prove Major wrong, Surya fumbles one way or the other.

I also thought the foot was way too close to the boundary cushion. Why didn't umpire magnify it? He seemed to be in a hurry to give that out.

In the final over of a tense final, umpire needed to be more responsible and use all available angles.
The catch was not suspicious. The 3rd umpires eagerness in speeding up the decision and not magnifying the foot or asking for another angle was very weird

The photos are obviously photoshopped and video doesn't show any movement. However, there was a big news that Netrawalkar was on performance enhanced drugs. He failed the drug test but BCCI stopped the news from leaking out as they didn't want to reverse the USA vs Pak result.

I don't think you understand how chucking works. You like many people are getting confused between straightening the arm and the wrist snap. You also seem to.not understand what hyperextension means. Just listen to Shoaib Akhtar's comments. He has the same issue and he explained it very well.

The photos are obviously photoshopped and video doesn't show any movement. However, there was a big news that Netrawalkar was on performance enhanced drugs. He failed the drug test but BCCI stopped the news from leaking out as they didn't want to reverse the USA vs Pak result.
There is specific intelligence within USA camp that Netrwalkar took a full dose right before bowling that super over. One could see the marked difference in pace from his usual 125 to 130 kph in that over. Pak was robbed.

There is specific intelligence within USA camp that Netrwalkar took a full dose right before bowling that super over. One could see the marked difference in pace from his usual 125 to 130 kph in that over. Pak was robbed.
So many doctored images are floating around just for gaslighting. Those who wants to see ambiguity will see one. At the end of the day, Umpires/even South African supporters (bar a few based on doctored images) don't see anything wrong. Since they couldn't stomach a win next best option is to cast a shadow.

So many doctored images are floating around just for gaslighting. Those who wants to see ambiguity will see one. At the end of the day, Umpires/even South African supporters (bar a few based on doctored images) don't see anything wrong. Since they couldn't stomach a win next best option is to cast a shadow.
It's nothing new. Happens routinely in football. Also happens in cricket when India wins something.

I looked up twitter to see the meltdown and the first result I got was some Indian-origin looking dude from SA screaming about cushions being moved. The next top result was some Bangladeshi dude in Dhaka :dhoni

yes. USA and BCCI conspired together to kick Pakistan out of the WC. They also loaded Burger and other Fast food trucks outside Pakistan players hotels so that they are lethargic on game days.

View attachment 144936
Sir jee, Its totally fine. ICC rules are clear on this. You cant be juggling and jumping outside the boundary which got removed.

ANDDDD

3 different camera angles are clearly available and were used during the review. Please .. just STOP.. okk
I understand watching India get a win is painful but this mindset actually hurts you.

To be honest I too felt we got away with it quickly. The TV umpire wasn’t interested in seeing multiple and conclusive angles of it.

That being said, it was one hell of a come back from India after RSA got themselves into 29 from 29 situation. They deserved that much luck I guess.

Some people have found their Ajmal review :dhoni

It's done. There is no coming back for them. That's why I didn't bother wasting my time trying to post the full footage, because it needed to be converted and all and the effort wasn't worth it lol
Yaar, I was hoping mention of IPL contracts. chalo this works too :p

Back