[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Did Suryakumar Yadav touch the boundary rope while taking the catch to dismiss South Africa's David Miller?

Did Suryakumar Yadav touch the boundary rope while taking the catch to dismiss South Africa's David

• Total voters
Apparently it happened in the initial overs of the match when Kohli was batting. South African fielder didn't rectify the cushion properly, after a dive.
So SA player could have purposely left the cushion a bit behind to get an advantage since India was still batting.
If and I repeat IF it was done with that intention then It came back big time to bite the SA team did it not?
If it was not done intentionally, then I guess its part of game and no one should complain.

If it is true that boundary cushion has been moved and it wasn't placed back to it original position, very shameful. This is why I propose removing boundary cushion and just have white markers.

Yup extremely shameful and I know for a fact that it was done by a Indian player ... the ICC should confiscate the cup. But will the evil BCCI agree? What do you think ?

Yup extremely shameful and I know for a fact that it was done by a Indian player ... the ICC should confiscate the cup. But will the evil BCCI agree? What do you think ?

Replace cushion with white marker. That should fix this issue.

I remember New Zealand had white marker boundaries before. I believe it was in 1990's (home series).

Replace cushion with white marker. That should fix this issue.

I remember New Zealand had white marker boundaries before. I believe it was in 1990's (home series).

Thats for the future but as it stands SA has been robbed of a world cup. Need to get them justice. So what do you suggest the ICC should do ?

There is no controversy. There's video evidence that SKY took the catch legally. Even Wisden acknowledges it.

Last edited by a moderator:
And 2nd allegation is boundary rope being moved... It is the job of officials to restore it back... No way fielding team is responsible for this!

This one is even more of a no-issue than umpires making wrong decisions against a team! There at least you can accuse umpire being biased at a particular team... Boundary rope adjustement is purely a blunder.

Pakistanis should stop worrying so much on Indian Matches!

Imagine if India would have won the way England won World Cup 2019 Final, these guys would have probably gone mad and lost it completely. :stokes

Imagine if India would have won the way England won World Cup 2019 Final, these guys would have probably gone mad and lost it completely. :stokes
There would have been riots and speeches made at UN about it.
Oh bhaii.. its a scary scary thought!! 🤣
Let's go one step further, imagine if it was India Pakistan world cup final and India won like England did :runaway:

There would have been riots and speeches made at UN about it.
Oh bhaii.. its a scary scary thought!! 🤣
Let's go one step further, imagine if it was India Pakistan world cup final and India won like England did :runaway:

Just spare a thought, if Babar would have been in press conference instead of Williamson and we would have to wait all our life to hear those words like uncontrollables and gutted from him.

A month after his match-winning catch in the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 final, Suryakumar Yadav recounted on that pivotal moment via BCCI media:

“The skills I’ve honed through countless practice sessions came together in a truly special moment – the World Cup final. I’m immensely grateful to have performed something extraordinary on such a momentous occasion. As you noted, this experience will stay with me forever; it’s not a passing challenge, but a lifetime achievement. This accomplishment will be etched in my memory for years to come.”

Star Indian wicketkeeper-batter Rishabh Pant said in an interview with a local YouTube channel:

"When the ball was in the air, it felt like everything was gone. When it hit the bat, it seemed like a sure-shot six. The ball didn't cross the boundary line because of the Indian fans' prayers."

Star Indian wicketkeeper-batter Rishabh Pant said in an interview with a local YouTube channel:

"When the ball was in the air, it felt like everything was gone. When it hit the bat, it seemed like a sure-shot six. The ball didn't cross the boundary line because of the Indian fans' prayers."
If it was a six , still 10 runs were required..It was 50:50 even if that went for a six ..Fans prayers should motivate players to do extraordinary things , not for the ball in the air..

Back