[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Indian elections (2024) Discussion Thread

Which political party will win the upcoming general elections in India in 2024?

• Aam Adami Party (AAP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Communist Party (CP)

• National People's Party (NPP)

• Some other regional party

• Total voters
Cbn will ask special status for andhra pradesh state,which was denied by bjp blatantly. Pawan kalyan hates Jagan to the core ,so he tries to use bjp power to decimate him.One good thing is that now bjp will not have enough support in rajya sabha ,so they will think only on development program than other nonsense

BJP just won Odisha. Hasn't lost a state in this election. Their main problem will be keeping Maharashtra.

UP elections are 3 years away.

Nitin Gadhkari would be a great PM Candidate for BJP, once PM Modi steps down it should be Gadhkari bar none imo.

Naah. BJP should realise how core hindutva works for it. Don't ignore that. Gadkari though RSS guy is more centrist.

India election vote count shows Modi alliance heading to majority but no landslide

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s alliance was winning a majority of seats in early vote counting trends in the general election on Tuesday, but well short of the landslide predicted in exit polls, TV channels showed.

BJP was in first place on 38.68 per cent with half of votes counted, national election commission data showed.

The elections for the 18th Lok Sabha, spanning seven phases between April 19 and June 1, amid a scorching heatwave, was finally coming to a close today, as the ballots are counted.

BJP-led bloc, called the National Democratic Alliance (NDA), is leading with 294 seats at over 50pc of the vote count

BJP was hoping its alliance would win at least 400 out of the 543 up for grabs
Congress-led alliance, INDIA, has defied predictions and has so far secured 191 seats
Indian stock markets fall nearly 5pc due to uncertainty

Based on trends released by the Indian election commission, according to The Wire, the Bharatiya Janata Party was leading in 241 seats, the Congress in 99, Samajwadi Party in 35, Trinamool Congress in 31, Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam in 21, Telugu Desam Party in 16 as of 2:10 pm India standard time.

In terms of alliances, the BJP’s National Democratic Alliance is leading with 294 seats, above the 272 needed for a lower house parliamentary majority, and the opposition INDIA bloc, led by Rahul Gandhi’s Congress Party, in 191.

Earlier, when only about 10pc-15pc of the total votes had been counted, the opposition INDIA alliance was leading in over 200 seats, higher than expected.

Source: Reuters

Don't ignore caste combo in UP. Listen to people like Yogi, Keshav Maurya and co.
BJP got too arrogant and took things for granted, this was a huge wake up call for them to come back stronger in the next election.

I cannot believe they didnt listen to Yogiji, oh well it has now given them a shock which they needed.

Anyway BJP has got this one in the bag but it should not have been this close.

BJP got too arrogant and took things for granted, this was a huge wake up call for them to come back stronger in the next election.

I cannot believe they didnt listen to Yogiji, oh well it has now given them a shock which they needed.

Anyway BJP has got this one in the bag but it should not have been this close.

This will make Modi and Shah more aggressive. Concentrate on your vote bank. That's UC plus OBC. Non jatav SC.

Rest won't vote you. Don't even try.

Maharashtra is an incredible story. The NCP & Shiv Sena were torn apart...left with not even their symbols. Massive use of money and law enforcement agencies to leave them a vestige of what they were. As it stands now

PartyWonLeadingTotal
Total04848
Indian National Congress - INC01212
Bharatiya Janata Party - BJP01111
Shiv Sena (Uddhav Balasaheb Thackrey) - SHSUBT01010
Nationalist Congress Party – Sharadchandra Pawar - NCPSP077
Shiv Sena - SHS066
Nationalist Congress Party - NCP011
Independent - IND011

Devastating blow to the BJP! I expect we'll see a major churn in local leadership there. Ajit Pawar will defect back and the likes of Eknath Shinde will be shunted off.
Something tells me Uddhav Thackeray will jump.back into the NDA fold. Shiv Sena is a black sheep in INDIA. They are not like the others in there

BJP just won Odisha. Hasn't lost a state in this election. Their main problem will be keeping Maharashtra.

UP elections are 3 years away.
But stream rolling the opposition in the parliament or forcing the controversial policies are not going to be easy. At max they will try to responsible like Vajpayee govt and their soft hindutva.

Something tells me Uddhav Thackeray will jump.back into the NDA fold. Shiv Sena is a black sheep in INDIA. They are not like the others in there
Yes that's possible. The BJP will have to really humiliate itself though - guarantee him Chief Ministership and dump all the folks like Shinde he considers betrayers. Could cause some heartburn and rebellions at the local level.

TN voted for DMK congress , not one seat again for BJP as usual.

I knew it was all hype before the election.

Congress will remain in the Opposition for the third successive time and yet its supporters are delighted.
BJP will remain in the government for the third successive time and yet its supporters are distraught.

Standards :dhoni

Congress will remain in the Opposition for the third successive time and yet its supporters are delighted.
BJP will remain in the government for the third successive time and yet its supporters are distraught.

I’m only saddened that BJP couldn’t win a single seat in TN.

Smriti Irani is trailing by 1.25 lakh votes, while Rahul Gandhi is leading by 3.86 lakh votes. Despite this, some andhbhakhts still wanted Rahul to contest against Smriti Irani. :inti

Ha bhai Anand ko hum bhi follow krte h. Now BJP it cell is full work mode

@pillionrider Anyone heard from our Mahaan congress Tough guy Pillion bicycle rider? Didnt this dufus say that he is going to go to the streets and beat up BJP supporters after our Italian Puppu became PM 🤣

Wheel is turning, Wheel is turning, Spaaaaaaarttaaaaaaansssssssss

But

The minute he realized he cannot live under and Italian leadership in India this little puss_ey cat dissappeared.....

Smriti Irani is trailing by 1.25 lakh votes, while Rahul Gandhi is leading by 3.86 lakh votes. Despite this, some andhbhakhts still wanted Rahul to contest against Smriti Irani. :inti
In Amethi .. he left his constituency to contest in his Mama’s constituency…

This will make Modi and Shah more aggressive. Concentrate on your vote bank. That's UC plus OBC. Non jatav SC.

Rest won't vote you. Don't even try.
And tamizhans and Punjabis both my demographics didn’t vote for him but atleast they won Delhi.

@pillionrider Anyone heard from our Mahaan congress Tough guy Pillion bicycle rider? Didnt this dufus say that he is going to go to the streets and beat up BJP supporters after our Italian Puppu became PM 🤣

But

The minute he realized he cannot live under and Italian leadership in India this little puss_ey cat dissappeared.....
He predicted that BJP would lose badly in Karnataka and lose many seats in Bangalore city.
However, BJP is sweeping Bangalore and performing well in the state. Even his demi-god DKS brother lost badly. :dhoni

And tamizhans and Punjabis both my demographics didn’t vote for him but atleast they won Delhi.
Punjabis especially a lot of Sikhs love supporting the Italians even though they single slaughtered 1000s of Sikhs. It is a weird situation in Punjab, they seem to love the killers of their people more and more everyday.

Punjabis especially a lot of Sikhs love supporting the Italians even though they single slaughtered 1000s of Sikhs. It is a weird situation in Punjab, they seem to love the killers of their people more and more everyday.
Chill bro , that generation passed new generation blames entire Hindus for that..Congress is good at doing things and letting Hindus take the blame for it

Shekar Gupta recent video, he covered all points.

Chill bro , that generation passed new generation blames entire Hindus for that..Congress is good at doing things and letting Hindus take the blame for it
Pseudo secularism is a major weapon if you know how to use it I guess lol...

Hectic developments on Result Day

- I.N.D.I.A bloc offers Bihar CM #NitishKumar Dy PM Post

- I.N.D.I.A bloc offers special status to Andhra Pradesh

Desperation :LOL:
What is special status? And lol at PM post rofl .. do it .. and watch governments fail like 1996-99 BJP will get a better majority after that

Many are crying that people aren't loyal to the BJP.
Why should people be loyal to a party? Shouldn't it be the other way?
Very true..but Modi has shown he is not a dictator with these elections, because BJP is still under RSS and not one family party.

The results are best advertisement for our election commission and India’s diversity.

The only sad part of this election is Congress will attribute all the gains to RAGA and better candidates will get sidelined again in Congress, even though real victory has come from TN and UP

Indeed. This result was much needed for democracy to survive. no one is above country. Work's for people's who voted for development, education jobs , medical facilities etc instead of fake speech.
Very true..but Modi has shown he is not a dictator with these elections, because BJP is still under RSS and not one family party.

The results are best advertisement for our election commission and India’s diversity.

What is special status? And lol at PM post rofl .. do it .. and watch governments fail like 1996-99 BJP will get a better majority after that
Earlier, Telangana was part of Andhra Pradesh. Ten years ago, it separated from Andhra, and Andhra Pradesh lost the big city Hyderabad to Telangana.
To compensate for this loss, Andhra Pradesh demanded special status for the state, which involved additional funding from the central government to develop infrastructure. BJP didn't consider this demand last time, which is why CBN came out of the NDA.

You're from South India? Or born and raised abroad?
I am a Tamilian from Salem, born and raised here, and I work in Bangalore.
I can speak and understand Kannada and Telugu as well, also little bit Malayalam ;)

I learned Kannada because I have been working here in Bangalore for many years.
I can also speak Telugu because of my grandparents' lineage. Many people in our villages can speak a little bit of Telugu.

The only sad part of this election is Congress will attribute all the gains to RAGA and better candidates will get sidelined again in Congress, even though real victory has come from TN and UP

UP gains may reverse. BJP will still form the government. Still holds most states. But now they will go back to the core politics.

Tommorow BJP wins state elections again, EVM will be blamed. Modi will be dictator.

There are more chances of opposition parties joining BJP than the other way around.

Earlier, Telangana was part of Andhra Pradesh. Ten years ago, it separated from Andhra, and Andhra Pradesh lost the big city Hyderabad to Telangana.
To compensate for this loss, Andhra Pradesh demanded special status for the state, which involved additional funding from the central government to develop infrastructure. BJP didn't consider this demand last time, which is why CBN came out of the NDA.
Yeah it's a weird one. AP doesn't qualify on any standard basis given it's per capita income, HDI levels etc. but given the potential for increased Central allocations, Naidu is definitely going to bargain for it. Will give him a nice boost for development programs/freebies

Attruburing for what? for winning 80 seats? :LOL:
Only congress clowns will attribute this to Pappu who have track record of losing 90% of elections.:ROFLMAO:

Remember that he just lost Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim as well and decimated in Odisha :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attruburing for what? for winning 80 seats? :LOL:
Only congress clowns will attribute this to Pappu who have track record of losing 90% of elections.:ROFLMAO:

Remember that he just lost Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim as well and decimated in Odisha :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BJP made the mistake they did in 2004. Thinking development alone will win votes. They lost the caste equation, didn't work on counter polarization.

BJP made the mistake they did in 2004. Thinking development alone will win votes. They lost the caste equation, didn't work on counter polarization.
These kinds of mistakes are bound to happen when the government in power continuously due to anti-incumbency and other factors.
I hope they will figure out the mistakes they made in UP and prepare well for next time. This is a wakeup call.

But

He lives in Bangalore, doesn't he? And BJP is sweeping the city.
He is possibly trying to get a ride to Chennai to escape the facists. :)))

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not good someone to be allowed to win by 8L votes like Shivraj did in Vidisha. If he is that good why has MP been grappling with so many problems despite him being in saddle for most part of last 2 decades?

Truth is Shivraj is synonymous with corruption and so many murders under Vyapam scam which was predictably swept under the carpet by pliant media.

West Bengal: Trinamool holds its fort

The key eastern state is currently governed by the opposition All India Trinamool Congress (AITC) party, commonly known as TMC, a reluctant member of the INDIA alliance.

The BJP made a significant improvement in the 2019 election compared with 2014, bagging 19 of West Bengal’s 42 parliamentary seats. The TMC won 22, while the Congress got two seats.

In advance of counting, exit polls had predicted that the BJP could win a vast majority of the state’s seats, reducing the TMC’s numbers.

But Tuesday’s leads suggested that the BJP might struggle to even replicate its 2019 performance. It was ahead on 12 seats, while the TMC led in 29. The Congress led in the remaining nine.

Source: Al Jazeera

What does INDIA means when they said in interview " Naye partner bhi judne waale Hain " ,,😁

Congress won 99 seats in compare to BJP’s 245, but tonight Rahul Gandhi may be trying to claim government and he will reach President at 12 am. U can’t predict Rahul

Back