[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Indian elections (2024) Discussion Thread

Which political party will win the upcoming general elections in India in 2024?

• Aam Adami Party (AAP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Communist Party (CP)

• National People's Party (NPP)

• Some other regional party

• Total voters
Big surprise in Rajasthan too. feku picked CM first time MLA Bhajan Lal Sharma couldn't deliver.

'Chota Fanta' Yogi is losing the popularity in UP. :inti

Yup. Also hopefully this is the last we hear about Yogi as Modi’s successor.

Time for BJP to actually go back to the drawing board and actually work for the people - this might be their last opportunity.

But I thought Akhilesh was a Deve Gowda type slacker who does nothing for 4.5 years and wakes up just 1 month before any election.

And he has turned UP of all places.

Agniveer is as bad as it comes. UCC is needed but not with sanghis' bad intentions

Agniveer is the need of the hour, the future of wars is not foot soldiers but technology.

Either you go the Pakistan route and give majority of your budget to defence in order to keep public happy by giving jobs to foot soldiers or you restrict defence budget on foot soldiers and increase on modern technologies.

The money for defence is only so much, one needs a bigger vision to understand the need of hour for the country and not do people pleasing.

Agniveer could be implemented better, I believe the reservation given to SC/ST and OBC should be reduced and given to agniveers. Especially in state police/BSF/security jobs there should be 50-60% quota for agniveers.

Imagine our fat/lazy/corrupt police force being replaced by army trained and mission trained agniveers. That’s what is needed, but BJP hasn’t got the balls to reduce caste based reservation.

Heard on NDTV that Halwa and Puris have stopped being served in sanghi HQ.

Wow from ayodhya India Alliance is leading .this is big big win for India if they win from ayodhya .

Wow from ayodhya India Alliance is leading .this is big big win for India if they win from ayodhya .

A lot of locals faced issues when Ram mandir was built. Too much corruption in compensation for homes lost, livelihood lost. Full Compensation promised never reached the people.

I don’t trade bro, I invest. Trading is a full time job, you need to study the market daily and understand trends and wicks.

For me it’s easier to just invest in stocks for short/long term and make profits that way.

I tried trading before, but I got wiped off. So I stopped doing it, not my cup of tea
Yeah, Futures & Options can be quite risky. I also engage in Swing Trading and Investing, which I find much safer and stress-free.

In early leads, BJP allies cross majority threshold

The election commission has released the current leads in 541 out 543 Lok Sabha seats.

The BJP-led NDA alliance is now leading on 282 seats, while the Congress and its allies are ahead in 219 constituencies.

The BJP is leading is leading on 237 seats, while the Congress is ahead on 97. In the previous election, the BJP won a total of 303 seats.

aljazeera

Akhilesh Yadav made the difference here for India Bloc No one saw this coming....

If Congress alliance offer PM position to Nitish Kumar and important ministry to Naidue then they can form the government as BJP dont have majority .

I think some of the big issues they did tackle or try to.

Army Reforms are much needed and Agniveer is a part of those needed reforms.

UCC is another much needed reform.

These are the two reforms which are major and much needed but now with a coalition government BJP might not be able to push because their allies will face severe backlash from the public and lose votes in state elections due to it.

Then there might be some other reforms which BJP were planning that they might not be able to push now.

A strong opposition was needed no doubt, but it can now derail reforms as well.

Had media been doing their job and were not so corrupt, it would have been much easier to run the country without a strong opposition.
I promise you won't hear another word about the Uniform Civil Code from Modi except in assembly election rallies for the next 4.5 years. He'll bring it up just before the next election.

Just like triple talaq, change is going to come incrementally from the community and the courts.

Forgotten man Chandrababu Naidu makes a stunning comeback in Andhra politics.

Chandrababu Naidu is leading in 16, and Nitish Kumar has 14.
If they change the alliance game over for BJP

Chandrababu Naidu is leading in 16, and Nitish Kumar has 14.
If they change the alliance game over for BJP
One way or the other, the allies are going to extract a massive pound of flesh from the BJP. As trends stand, they're going to fall way...way short of a standalone majority.

I promise you won't hear another word about the Uniform Civil Code from Modi except in assembly election rallies for the next 4.5 years. He'll bring it up just before the next election.

Just like triple talaq, change is going to come incrementally from the community and the courts.

Well they ain’t coming anyways now with a coalition government

BJP ahead in two Kerala seats

The BJP has never won in Kerala before. But if early leads hold, it could finally gain a foothold in the southern state. It is leading two seats at the moment.

Leading comfortably by 1.3L votes which is a shame on us Delhiites.

Delhiites are the most weird group in the world, they make a girl selling Vadapao a bigger celebrity than most and then they don’t vote for a government giving them good amenities at state level and give to someone who has 0 clue about welfare of people or progressing the constituency.

Delhiites are the most weird group in the world, they make a girl selling Vadapao a bigger celebrity than most and then they don’t vote for a government giving them good amenities at state level and give to someone who has 0 clue about welfare of people or progressing the constituency.
Had sanghi candidates worked, they won't have changed 6/7 candidates for these elections and we still see such results.

Shame on us.

This Tiwari guy is truly a abomination and deserves to feature in nautankis only, not in Lok Sabha.

Yes he was pathetic . Railway vacancy were almost stopped .
And there have been so many rail accidents during his stint.

Btw, that no vacancy direction came from feku himself, ministers in this feku-led regime are just yes-men.

And this regime didn't waste any time in raising milk rates citing rising production costs in milk production. As if the cost arose in last 2 days only after the votes were cast in last phase of these LS elections.

A truly pathetic regime. Now wait for petrol and LPG prices to be raised soon.

I just saw that in Kerala BJP finally opened its account 1st time ever in its existence with 2 seats. Is this real or fake ???? I didn't expect a single seat for BJP in Kerala.

BJP trails in Ram temple town that sparked riots in 1992

The temple on the day of its consecration ceremony on 22 January in AyodhyaImage caption: The temple on the day of its consecration ceremony on 22 January in Ayodhya
Just a few months ago, Narendra Modi was in the town of Ayodhya inaugurating a grand temple to the Hindu god Ram.

The temple's construction had been a decades-long pledge of the BJP, replacing a 16th Century mosque torn down by Hindu mobs in 1992, sparking riots in which nearly 2,000 people died.

Many saw it as the unofficial launch of his campaign, and the temple's construction was celebrated by a majority of Hindus.

But as the trends stand now, the opposition alliance candidate Awadhesh Prasad is ahead of the BJP's Lallu Singh in Faizabad constituency - which includes Ayodhya.

It is a narrow lead of 4,400 votes for Mr Prasad, who belongs to the Samajwadi Party. That party is in alliance with the Congress in Uttar Pradesh state, where it is performing better than exit polls suggested.

BBC

BJP’s Irani trailing by more than 50,000 in key Uttar Pradesh seat

The Congress’s Kishori Lal Sharma is now leading in the Gandhi family’s bastion of Amethi by more than 50,000 votes against Smriti Irani, according to the latest election commission numbers.

In 2019, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi lost Amethi by 55,000 votes to Irani, a minister in Modi’s government. The party was only able to secure one seat out of the state’s 80.

ALJAZEERA

Looks like Tharoor will lose this time, trailing by 1.2L votes now.

Also, Naveen Patnaik will finally be ousted from Odisha.

Any poster or for that anyone believed that INDIA or Congress party will make a comeback were one or all of naive, troll, and outright ignorant. Anyone who has any touch with reality and with actual people on the ground knows that Modi and BJP are very popular. Government policies are well liked, pretty well implemented and people are generally happy with the direction country is headed. Sure there are issues and few things can be changed. But overall this is a very popular government and consistently beaten incumbency
Where has this guy disappeared? :inti

That Axis guy was calling INDIA guys names for questioning his exit poll figures, now where is he!

Stock market has completely crashed. By the way, were exit polls really manipulated?

Do u think opposite to exit poll will happen on 4 th june? Is Rahul Gandhi going to hack all EVM’s? My advise to Rahul to boo advance ticket to Bangkok as there will huge rush of India alliance leader for Bangkok
Where are you? It is nowhere near your 'Sarkari' Exit Polls. :inti

Lallu Singh, the sanghi candidate from Ayodhya trailing by 1.2L votes. Will it prove to be decisive?

INDIA alliance leads on half the seats in Uttar Pradesh

The Congress party and its ally, the Samajwadi Party, are leading on half the seats in the northern state, which has the most Lok Sabha seats in the country.

The SP is leading in 37 seats, with the BJP in second place, ahead in 32 seats. The Congress is the lead in 7 seats.

In the 2014 election, the Modi-led BJP won 62 seats in UP, and 71 in the election before that in 2014.

In area, it is nearly as big as the United Kingdom and its 241 million residents are more than the total population of neighbouring Pakistan or Brazil.

Winning UP is a key determinant of who rules nationally in New Delhi.

For more on the significance of Uttar Pradesh, and why this election matters for the Samajwadi Party in particular, read here.

ALJAZEERA

Seems like the stock market in India doesn't like Modi is winning, down 8 %, that is crazy.

Chandrababu Naidu of TDP and Nitish Kumar of JDU are now likely to emerge as kingmakers for the new government formation in India.

Seems like the stock market in India doesn't like Modi is winning, down 8 %, that is crazy.
BJP supporters were hoping for a landslide victory and exits poll were predicted same but Thing's not go their way although NDA( BJP++) is likely to form the government .

Good correction. It will go down more if BJP lose today and it will take months to go back to where it was yesterday. :inti

BJP supporters were hoping for a landslide victory and exits poll were predicted same but Thing's not go their way although NDA( BJP++) is likely to form the government .
Feeling bad for those who invested after looking at the exit polls. :inti

Chandrababu Naidu of TDP and Nitish Kumar of JDU are now likely to emerge as kingmakers for the new government formation in India.
They'll side with whosoever will be looking to form the government.

I like such situations. There should be no landslides in election results irrespective of the political party. Too much political stability only gives birth to dictatorship. Indian government should be fearful of Indians and not vice versa and must not take it for granted.

We were a far better nation during Vajpayee years than in feku years despite Vajpayee not winning even 200 seats. A government should always be kept on tenterhooks.

Back