[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Indian elections (2024) Discussion Thread

Which political party will win the upcoming general elections in India in 2024?

• Aam Adami Party (AAP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Communist Party (CP)

• National People's Party (NPP)

• Some other regional party

• Total voters
INDIA bloc mulls other options if…

“If the number of seats does not come as per expectations and assessment, then other options including demonstration/press conference/meeting with the President will be discussed where questions can be raised on the role of the Election Commission,” ANI reported citing Congress Sources

if India alliance doesn’t get 295 seats then they are planning agitations, demonstrations, press conferences etc. IMO in protest they should leave the country if they are not getting seats as per their expectations.

Congress clowns prepared their pitch long ago for this, deciding to blame the EVMs, Election Commission, institutions, and also to disrupt the public.

Rajdeep revealed the Congress plan after the results, saying that Rahul might hit the streets and blame the EVMs. :LOL:

Rajdeep is the one who backed India alliance since inception and now he must be feeling back stabbed when India alliance don’t trusted exit polls

Looks like it's a lot closer than the exit polls predicted. Modi's looking still likely to form the government but he'll be significantly weakened

Good gains by BJP in South India, pretty surprised by their strong showing there.

On the other side, shocking results from my home state Maharashtra. Never knew that Uddhav Thackeray would get that much sympathy votes!

Good gains by BJP in South India, pretty surprised by their strong showing there.

On the other side, shocking results from my home state Maharashtra. Never knew that Uddhav Thackeray would get that much sympathy votes!
More than Maharashtra, if UP holds to early trends, it'll be a stunner.

It looks like zero seats in Kerala for the BJP yet again. Hats off to the malayali resistance. They refuse to be swayed by saffron propaganda except for a few clumsy exceptions

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking through all the live indian news channels on youtube, I'd say IndiaToday coverage of election is the best, headlined by Rajdeep Sardesai and Rahul Kanwal.

TimesNow and RepublicTV are trash.

SP leading 30+ seat in UP
So what Kejriwal was saying some days ago might have some traction after all. I think bisht will be made the fall guy for this debacle, that is if the trends hold on.

Each channel has different seat counts foe each party. Guess once evm votes come in- it will be clearer. UP is down for the bjp this time

It looks like zero seats in Kerala for the BJP yet again. Hats off to the malayali resistance. They refuse to be swayed by saffron propaganda except for a few clumsy exceptions like @Romali_rotti
Yeah that's right inspector Rex if people don't agree with your opinion then it is clumsy.

You remind me of an Italian puppu whose party is about to get lose again...

Master stroke by BJP which won them these elections.

1. JDU allying with BJP in Bihar, that cost opposition 8-15 seats.
2. Letting BSP contest independently by blackmailing Mayawati, that cut down opposition vote share and BJP getting 40 seats which otherwise they would have lost 10-20 seats.

Major blunder by Opposition

1. Not allying with TMC, that divided the vote share in West Bengal and BJP is winning 15-18 seats. Had opposition allied BJP would have lost 8-15 seats.

I don’t think even the opposition was expecting such strong voter reaction before they decided their election strategies, otherwise opposition parties would have consolidated their vote share much better.

This election just shows how much ahead BJP is compared to opposition in terms of political acumen. Their strategies along with opposition blunder made them win this election.

Congress touching 100 seats so far. Big surprise! Looks like Congress mukt Bharat will remain a dream for foreseeable future.

Also, there were people on this forum who were writing political obituaries of Congress!

Even if NDA comes back to power, they should not get majority as big as they got last time or else feku will again start behaving like a dictator that he is.

It must be lot closer for the sake of India.

Just heard Rajdeep say it a few minutes ago on IndiaToday livestream. Now they say he is leading in Varanasi.
Those are just postal ballots. Evm counting just started. Modi winning comfortably here no worries!👍🙂

Share Market Carshing as No one sided victory for BJP as predicted by Exit polls

From a crushing victory to "still forming the government"; how quickly times change in just two days. 😆 :inti
Nothing's changed.. nda continues to win. Historic 3rd time PM for modi. Congress still in opposition nursing their wounds lol! 5 more years again in opposition. 15 yrs in total now lll!!😂😂

It looks like zero seats in Kerala for the BJP yet again. Hats off to the malayali resistance. They refuse to be swayed by saffron propaganda except for a few clumsy exceptions like @Romali_rotti
Spoke too soon I think. They might squeeze a seat or two in Kerala. Tamil Nadu on the other hand...

South India mostly still holds against BJP but Telangana and AP have cracked.

Spoke too soon I think. They might squeeze a seat or two in Kerala. Tamil Nadu on the other hand...

South India mostly still holds against BJP but Telangana and AP have cracked.

Yep .. there's a super famous actor called Suresh Gopi who is running this time, so BJP will get one seat for sure.

Yep .. there's a famous actor called Suresh Gopi who is running this time, so BJP will get one seat for sure.
Suresh gopi used to do a lot of popular action movies. Good that bjp is making inroads into kerala

I gotta give credit to the India bloc here. Putting up a good fight, didn't expect them to get this many seats
Great news for the country I think.

Not a lot of earthshaking news still to come but the biggest watchout for me is to watch if BJP doesn't individually cross 270.

That will be very significant because if they're dependant on allies, they won't be able to pursue any radical stuff and will have to stick to mostly common sense policies.

Great news for the country I think.

Not a lot of earthshaking news still to come but the biggest watchout for me is to watch if BJP doesn't individually cross 270.

That will be very significant because if they're dependant on allies, they won't be able to pursue any radical stuff and will have to stick to mostly common sense policies.

This is a catch 22 situation.
BJP might not be able to make much needed reforms if that’s the case.

Won't make much difference, BJP will be able to bring in most of the changes they need. Amit Shah and PM Modi work in a totally different way... This is not Vajpayee or an Italian controlled Monmohan Singh

If feku is kept under leash due to much reduced number of seats, we won't see his dictatorial decisions like demonetization, botched up GST, lockdown etc.

Don't know about that. The likes of TDP, Shiv Sena, stub NCP are not going to stand against common sense economic stuff. Only against big social nonsense.

Honestly what's needed over the next few years is steady incremental, bureaucratic level reforms. Nothing really big ticket is desperately required.

BJP with a near own majority should be able to deliver that much.

lol, as if they uprooted such big trees during last decade despite such brute majority
Uprooted - article 370, triple C , will implement ucc. Art 370 was there 70 yrs- so yes it was uprooted and dumped into a trash bin forever. Changed history. Same with triple C. And you are say what was uprooted lol!! 😂😂

With Every Phase, I.N.D.I.A Alliance Is Increasing It’s Seats Count

NDA - 285
I.N.D.I.A - 232
Others - 26

What is important that BJP alone not forming the government if C.Naidu and Nitish Kumar change the alliance then BJP may lost the power so now NDA government is in tricky position .

I kinda like the results - a strong opposition will keep BJP on its toes. Never liked the religion card they played to garner votes - you win elections on the merits of your own policies. On the other hand, it also keeps the crazies like Mamta away from Central politics. Big win win.

Democracy truly thriving in India.

Surprised about Uttar Pradesh.

How did Akhilesh Yadav pull this off?

BJP ahead, but opposition gains in early leads

The election commission has released the first leads in almost all of India’s 543 Lok Sabha seats. And the early picture is complex:
  • Modi’s BJP is comfortably ahead, its alliance around the halfway mark, with 276 leads.
  • But the opposition Congress-led alliance, which exit polls had predicted would be blown away, is holding its own, with 214 leads.
  • These are early leads, and can flip.
1717479473935.png

ALJAZEERA

lol, as if they uprooted such big trees during last decade despite such brute majority

I think some of the big issues they did tackle or try to.

Army Reforms are much needed and Agniveer is a part of those needed reforms.

UCC is another much needed reform.

These are the two reforms which are major and much needed but now with a coalition government BJP might not be able to push because their allies will face severe backlash from the public and lose votes in state elections due to it.

Then there might be some other reforms which BJP were planning that they might not be able to push now.

A strong opposition was needed no doubt, but it can now derail reforms as well.

Had media been doing their job and were not so corrupt, it would have been much easier to run the country without a strong opposition.

I think some of the big issues they did tackle or try to.

Army Reforms are much needed and Agniveer is a part of those needed reforms.

UCC is another much needed reform.

These are the two reforms which are major and much needed but now with a coalition government BJP might not be able to push because their allies will face severe backlash from the public and lose votes in state elections due to it.

Then there might be some other reforms which BJP were planning that they might not be able to push now.

A strong opposition was needed no doubt, but it can now derail reforms as well.

Had media been doing their job and were not so corrupt, it would have been much easier to run the country without a strong opposition.
Agniveer is as bad as it comes. UCC is needed but not with sanghis' bad intentions

Surprised about Uttar Pradesh.

How did Akhilesh Yadav pull this off?
Yup. Also hopefully this is the last we hear about Yogi as Modi’s successor.

Time for BJP to go back to the drawing board and actually work for the people - this might be their last opportunity.

Back